Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Wasn't there a glitch with her trap where it does tons of damage to monsters to it, tho?
I don't remember.

Yes, but idiots would stack traps on top of each other like Shaco boxes instead of spacing them out and dragging the big camps into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Has anyone tried Talon since his silence removal? how badly did it hit him as a champion?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

mistaya posted:

What's the best category to report for "This person is running a bot script"? I've been running into these fuckers constantly when I just want a quick WOTD before going to sleep and it's just irritating. I've been using AFK'er but I don't really think it's accurate.

I'm not entirely sure what to do about them. I've sent in reports before, I've also sent in screenshot manual support tickets before. I feel like Riot is aware of the problem but don't care to do anything about it, because for every account stamped out you probably get 12 new ones. Not to mention that I believe most of the random name botted accounts are leveled up to be farmed and sold as new Level 30 accounts to other people and then those people end up buying RP and stuff, so Riot is actually making money on the tail end of this enterprise.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

kingcobweb posted:

What is wrong with you?
Some people need to criticize video game companies to feel smart.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

UmbreonMessiah posted:

The mana refund happens regardless of poison as long as the target is killed. The cooldown thing ONLY works if they're poisoned.

Aha! Got it. Thanks!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Libertine posted:

I'm not entirely sure what to do about them. I've sent in reports before, I've also sent in screenshot manual support tickets before. I feel like Riot is aware of the problem but don't care to do anything about it, because for every account stamped out you probably get 12 new ones. Not to mention that I believe most of the random name botted accounts are leveled up to be farmed and sold as new Level 30 accounts to other people and then those people end up buying RP and stuff, so Riot is actually making money on the tail end of this enterprise.

Depending on how careful the buyers are, the accounts get banned regularly. They don't just milk them.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
I like Cass, but I feel the rework is the kind of thing that only highly skilled people can make use of, so I probably won't touch her again (I did a brief foray into support Cass before the rework, it wasn't too bad but doesn't hold a candle to actual supports).

If I were to lane as Cass nowadays, I'd probably be terrified through 90% of the game, assuming we live to see the late game where I am actually doing significant damage.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Libertine posted:

This is a real thing. There is a huge market for it. Pretty easy to do too and the general consensus there is riot unoffically allows it. You don't even need to vpn them separately.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 26, 2014

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

This is a real thing. There is a huge market for it. Pretty easy to do too and the general consensus there is riot unoffically allows it. You don't even to vpn them seperately.

This is why the whole leveling treadmill is ridiculous. Riot could easily still makes tons of money with it cut out of the game. Just make people play X games before they can play ranked. You start out with a limited champ set anyways so you will have to focus those games on specific champions if you are new and you will learn those champs that way.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsTE1vpoXM

throwback friday

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

New Sion looks dope

Some of these reworks have been real good

But what if you build sword of the divine on sion???

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I really like the targeting design for Sion's Q, even more so that the graphic charges to indicate when a knockup will be applied.

What situations do you think Sion would be able to use the full 2 second charge against actual champs? Seems more likely to be used in wave clear or something for how long it takes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

The Crusher posted:

I really like the targeting design for Sion's Q, even more so that the graphic charges to indicate when a knockup will be applied.

What situations do you think Sion would be able to use the full 2 second charge against actual champs? Seems more likely to be used in wave clear or something for how long it takes.

Pre charging it before flashing out of a bush or wall to hit someone by surprise. Face checks. Baron fights.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

drat, a charged Q with a pre-applied W shield ready to pop at the same time would do some heavy damage. New Sion is looking real cool. I love these reworks because it's a new champion without the new champion cost.

I hope Taric is next...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

At first I thought new Sion's walk seemed off because I'm playing with 200+ ping on the PBE which sometimes leads to jittery animations. Then I realized he's actually limping because of his prosthetic leg. He also has a special walking animation for when he's badly hurt (1/5 of his health left).

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I just wish they had a Traditional skin for him. It's not that I miss the horrible Arnie impersonations, I just want to play a hulking spooky skull man.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I still cannot believe that anyone who made this game thought, at any time, that random chance to dodge was a good mechanic.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

a medical mystery posted:

I just wish they had a Traditional skin for him. It's not that I miss the horrible Arnie impersonations, I just want to play a hulking spooky skull man.

I think Riot is eager to keep any skull iconography out of the game ASAP because of the whole China thing.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
OKay seriously if I'm a melee top vs a Nidalee what the gently caress do I do? She autos 2-3 times every time I go into CS and then eventually is able to just execute me. (why does she have a loving execute???) Strategy?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Educate a poor plebe, why does China have a distaste for skulls?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Crusher posted:

Educate a poor plebe, why does China have a distaste for skulls?

Different cultures just have different standards for what is appropriate to display in media. The Chinese don't like skeletons or skulls in games they consider it extremely disrespectful to the dead. It seems like almost every single game that caters to a Chinese market makes this exception.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sharzak posted:

OKay seriously if I'm a melee top vs a Nidalee what the gently caress do I do? She autos 2-3 times every time I go into CS and then eventually is able to just execute me. (why does she have a loving execute???) Strategy?

seriously play fiora dude

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

Or pantheon!!!!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

Quinn it to win it too.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
From experience, Chinese culture sucks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Chinese really loving hate dead/undead people/things. That's why they use fireworks during their new year, to tell them to gently caress off.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Oh man, elixirs are used automatically when you already have 6 items?
I don't even know that.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

Or pantheon!!!!

How Rude posted:

Quinn it to win it too.
lol I legitimately love how our answer to every problem in this thread is Pantheon, Fiora and Quinn

(it's always right too)

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Irelia is also great if you can survive to level 5 or so.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Methanar posted:

From experience, Chinese culture sucks.

Agreed, the only good culture is my culture.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
It is objectively terrible.

Plastic sealed and refrigerated food is thought to be unfresh. Therefore leave poo poo everywhere to rot.

Loudness is totally fine because reasons.

Pooping is natural, therefore leave it everywhere.

Fish smells great. Therefore let it rot and don't clean up your pots or pans to get rid of the smell after you cook with them.

24/7 torrenting is cool because copyright, ownership and privacy don't exist in their culture.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Libertine posted:

Different cultures just have different standards for what is appropriate to display in media. The Chinese don't like skeletons or skulls in games they consider it extremely disrespectful to the dead. It seems like almost every single game that caters to a Chinese market makes this exception.

Magic did this for a while, which led to some art that was way grosser than the original.

Then a few years ago... China stopped caring???

(hope this digression is ok)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Methanar posted:

Plastic sealed and refrigerated food is thought to be unfresh. Therefore leave poo poo everywhere to rot.

Fish smells great. Therefore let it rot and don't clean up your pots or pans to get rid of the smell after you cook with them.

24/7 torrenting is cool because copyright, ownership and privacy don't exist in their culture.

No one cares about your lovely roommates

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Methanar posted:

That's not what the word "objectively" means

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

Agreed, the only good culture is my culture.

Would you say the judgment of culture should be relative? What does the rest of the league thread think? Is twitch cute in a gross sort of way? Is Nasus the only real 'adult' in the league? How do wards actually work if there are no summoners anymore, who is seeing out of them?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

Do they like, not flush the toilet or just literally poo poo wherever and not care. Because that's a problem that goes far beyond culture.

edit: I always liked the premise that summoners were the players and therefore the ones viewing the battlefield from the birds' eye perspective and that the champion was just guided by the summoner but was still autonomous in terms of physical actions.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 26, 2014

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Any tips or advice for playing rework Sona?

From what I gather it seems that, other than poking the enemies, you are encouraged to hug your ADC to make sure your buffs and aura land. Other than that I don't see too many other differences. Itemization seems about the same too.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Artificer posted:

Any tips or advice for playing rework Sona?

From what I gather it seems that, other than poking the enemies, you are encouraged to hug your ADC to make sure your buffs and aura land. Other than that I don't see too many other differences. Itemization seems about the same too.

The shield on her W makes her play pattern a bit different. Instead of trading, then healing up whatever damage you took, you want to W a split-second before you and ADC start the trade. It heals very little.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

How Rude posted:

edit: I always liked the premise that summoners were the players and therefore the ones viewing the battlefield from the birds' eye perspective and that the champion was just guided by the summoner but was still autonomous in terms of physical actions.

I always thought this was cute too, but at the same time I think it is kinda silly when the Champion's lines were almost 90% talking to the Summoner. Though I don't mind it when it's kinda subtle, such as Amumu saying "Where are we going?" all innocent and childlike before you lead him to kill a pack of jungle wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Crusher posted:

I always thought this was cute too, but at the same time I think it is kinda silly when the Champion's lines were almost 90% talking to the Summoner. Though I don't mind it when it's kinda subtle, such as Amumu saying "Where are we going?" all innocent and childlike before you lead him to kill a pack of jungle wolves.

Well, Sona would literally be silent the whole game if she didn't telepathically speak with the summoner, which would be really boring for the player.

• Locked thread