Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advance to Week 12!

Dubious, you won your sim to say the least.

User Matchups:
#4 Nebraska (JB) @ #18 NU (Piper)
#3 OSU (ZSB) @ Penn St (Wreckus)
#14 UCLA (AF) @ Wisconsin (Dubious)

CPU Games:
USC (Sly)
Michigan (Cletus)
Mich St. (Dio)

Piper, we may have to wait until the weekend. I'll name a day and time when I get a better idea of how my plans shape out.

E: Oh yea, Nebraska over Mich St 49-21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yeah Wreckus, not tonight, prb this weekend or early next week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, how soon could you knock out your CPU game?

Was gonna do it tonight, now im curious how the sim went...

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Dubious.. I took off of work. Can you play tonight?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfterFather posted:

Dubious.. I took off of work. Can you play tonight?

The TVs been at a premium, my fiancee is marathoning downton abbey bullshit so probably not til after 1030 pst

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, you won your sim to say the least.

:stonklol:

Looks like my sim avenged that USC beatdown

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

The TVs been at a premium, my fiancee is marathoning downton abbey bullshit so probably not til after 1030 pst

You think you can go around the same time tonight?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfterFather posted:

You think you can go around the same time tonight?

Sorry man, was not feeling very well last night. What's your weekend schedule/tonight look like?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Piper, we're probably best off playing before Sunday's games. How about 10am CT that day?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

John Brown posted:

Piper, we're probably best off playing before Sunday's games. How about 10am CT that day?

I'm going to the Jets game on Sunday. Sunday evening could work for me. Or tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Piper posted:

I'm going to the Jets game on Sunday. Sunday evening could work for me. Or tonight?

Im on my way home from work. If we could start no late than 6pm CT then I can play.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

Sorry man, was not feeling very well last night. What's your weekend schedule/tonight look like?

I can go tonight.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Im on my way home from work. If we could start no late than 6pm CT then I can play.

Logging on now

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I feel like I've lost my last 10 games to JB. Well, that streak is now broken. Wildcats 37 - Huskers 35.

With my 90 OVR team I've defeated USC and Nebraska while losing to UM and OSU by a combined 4 points. If I bothered to recruit I'd be drat tough to beat.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Have to steal your thunder just a wee little bit and point out I was on the loving phone during the 1st quarter.
:negative:
I'll never make that mistake again. Also, it'd be nice to not have to use a WR(I was wondering why I couldn't call an audible or hot route) or my 3rd string QB...at QB. Add snow to that and it just felt like a very bizarre game from the beginning.

Great game offensively though, that's for sure. After the first half I had no answers for anything you were trying to do. I'm surprised you were able to run as well as you did with my studs at DT.

And yea, you should've been recruiting this whole time. GG!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

I'll be on for most of the night.. I'll probably be wasted as well.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfterFather posted:

I'll be on for most of the night.. I'll probably be wasted as well.

i'll be online and wasted as well later on, i'll post when i get home

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dubious posted:

i'll be online and wasted as well later on, i'll post when i get home

Home soon, around?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm home now. I couldnt come home due to Aggie/Hogg shenanigans at Jerry World.

Blah I see that was from last night.. I was passed out .

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 28, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
AF, can you do 8 PM PST? I'll be there if you are.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's been 5 days with no response from Wreckus. If he doesn't show by tonight I'll put him on AP for this week.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

John Brown posted:

It's been 5 days with no response from Wreckus. If he doesn't show by tonight I'll put him on AP for this week.

Sorry I didnt know we had advanced. Im on all night tonight and tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

lol, I swear the moment you say you're putting Wreckus on AP he appears. I think you and I have a game as well, buddy. Can we try to play tomorrow around 7:30 pm EST for the ACC game?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

AF, can you do 8 PM PST? I'll be there if you are.

Yeah I can be on around that time. Give me a few minutes though to get online.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry I didnt know we had advanced. Im on all night tonight and tomorrow.

I'll be on later tonight so we can try and knock out at least 1 of our 2 games. Same window we played last time.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

lol, I swear the moment you say you're putting Wreckus on AP he appears. I think you and I have a game as well, buddy. Can we try to play tomorrow around 7:30 pm EST for the ACC game?

I'm going to an office happy hour so Im not sure that time is gonna work. I can do probably 9 or something like that if thats ok.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'll be on later tonight so we can try and knock out at least 1 of our 2 games. Same window we played last time.

Yeah ill be on here.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
AF i got paged from work about 20 mins ago; i cant play, this is gonna be a long night...

Ill AP myself at some point tonight. Im already out of a bowl with 5 losses anyway so whats another one.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Ohio State controlled nearly the whole game, but needed a 2 pt conversion in OT to seal the W 57-56. Got the onside kick, left too much time on the clock with a batted down screen pass and gave up the tying score with 11 seconds left. Defense was completely optional for both teams. GG Wreckus second time in the past 3 games I've had to use a 2pt conversion in OT to win.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
:negative: Have you just been toying with me the past three games?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm just now realizing that in all the dynasties I've ever played in with goons, I have never won a single conference championship.

The Great Underachiever lol

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The only one I've ever won was in one of the carousels. I've come drat close a few times but sly a ways dashes those hopes

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

:negative: Have you just been toying with me the past three games?

Dude you just had a set of really good games against me. This is usually how I do, 10-12 user games I easily win, then I lose 3-4 in a row, then I'll get back to winning for a while. I'm going to play the parity card and say we are all slowly but surely progressing to a point of high play across the board making all these conference games tight affairs more often than not.

I dunno man I had a set there where I just wasn't seeing things correctly.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Looks like we're going to be getting THE GAME after all!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
AF, depending when JB advances, I have some time tonight. I'm offcall from work so no pager surprises.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dude you are so lucky. I forgot to set you on AP this morning so you guys can play tonight if possible.

If not then I'm simming it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Looks like we're going to be getting THE GAME after all!

Omgijsxnibf! For the championship nonetheless! Nice lol.

I predict at least one kick/punt return by Cletus.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious posted:

AF, depending when JB advances, I have some time tonight. I'm offcall from work so no pager surprises.

You've got an SEC game as well old top

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

You've got an SEC game as well old top

yea i posted in that thread

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

Lets try for the same time tonight.

John Brown posted:

I'm just now realizing that in all the dynasties I've ever played in with goons, I have never won a single conference championship.

The Great Underachiever lol

I feel like I can at least put up a fight now. When I started playing WSY and the rest of you guys were blowing me out easily. One of these days I'll win a conference championship.. until then I'm going to be Oklahoma State of these dynasties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
poo poo, I don't think I've even made it to a conference championship before.

Or AF, are you sure you didn't beat me in the SEC championship in the final season before the restart? You were Kentucky and I was Miss St, and we played twice that season, so it had to have been the conference championship since those are different divisions. I think JB had the first week sim loss and may have been your NCG opponent?

• Locked thread