Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I gotta go get a haircut, and I don't know what style to get, and I'm pretty sure the haircut lady is gonna wanna talk to me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I don't really feel like eating mushrooms tonight, but if I don't cook and eat the ones I have in the fridge they'll go bad and it'll be a terrible waste of food :(

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I have more socks than underpants right now so my laundry rotation is getting thrown out of whack. :argh:

Feka
Jan 21, 2013

No soup for you!
My room mate is really messy and I'd love to get a cleaning service regularly. But he's also too poor to be able to split the cost and I don't want to pay for it myself. :smith:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Why does the predictive typing thing on the new iOS take up 1/2 the screen? It's impossible to click on forms or zoom out or anything. And I'm too lazy to look but I'll just assume there's no way to make the fonts smaller because Apple

Tap and hold "The" and slide it down, and it'll collapse; you can repeat the trick by grabbing the little "handle" and sliding it up. Or you can go to Settings > General > Keyboard and disable "Predictive", which gets rid of it altogether.

My phone and my child's downloaded iOS 8 last night! ...but I'm on metered internet and it ate about 15% of our bandwidth because Apple thinks that a wireless connection = unlimited data. Bleh. It could at least have waited for 2 AM, when I get my "overnight megabytes".

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
My refrigerator is too full.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
People keep outbidding me on poo poo I wanna buy but don't really NEED on ebay :(

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I ordered something online and it's being shipped from England, so it's going to take a long time to arrive. Not only that, but I don't have tracking info, so I have no idea when it will arrive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My boss called me in to lecture me about calling out sick one day last week.
We ended up having a nice chat and he wasn't actually mad.
Still, I was uncomfortable for a few seconds and that is unacceptable.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
The only people that still use Facebook are moms and I just cannot give a poo poo about all these babies. :smith:

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

cobalt impurity posted:

The only people that still use Facebook are moms and I just cannot give a poo poo about all these babies. :smith:

It's okay, babies give enough shits for everyone.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I bought a new white dress shirt for an interview (because my other one got stained), and after ironing it and hanging it up tonight I noticed a small spot, which I tried to dab out, then rub a little. However I forgot that I'd just shined my shoes and my hands were dirty, so now I have a dark spot on the sleeve of my white dress shirt.

I either risk wearing the shirt and hope I don't have to take off my blazer, which is not going to happen, or wear a blue dress shirt with my dark blue suit, which is taboo.

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 09:10 on Sep 25, 2014

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

The stupid cleaners either threw away or misplaced (Where, I have NO idea) my tablet pen, so now I need to buy a new one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The diamond necklace I got my girlfriend came in a square-shaped box and I feel like she'll be sad that it's not a ring.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I made a lot of money doing glorified baby sitting today (substitute teaching where the class was : let's watch this movie) but I had already seen the movie about 6 times in the last few years and I would have rather spent the day home :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My new phone doesn't fit in my sport sleeve case :smithicide:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm starting a diet today and it loving sucks. It'd suck slightly less, but I'm the person primarily in charge of cooking dinner for my family :saddowns: So I get to stare at a pan full of delicious frying chicken with the knowledge that I can't have any.

Edit: And my router is being an absolute poo poo and its pissing me off and making me want to grab a sandwich and stuff my face to distract myself from this lovely slow internet :cry:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Sep 26, 2014

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
I've got to find a way to entertain myself all day tomorrow because the house is being treated for mold. All my friends are out of town. :(

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My town has an indefinite boil order on the water supply.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My friend and I are completely unable to drunkenly cook lemon bars. No, not even from a recipe. Or another recipe, or another. It ends up either dry, inedible crap or syrupy inedible crap. I just want to drink and eat some lemon bars, ok? They don't even have to be really good, the alcohol takes care of that.

Also I have to open at work the next five days because I've risen too high in the chain of command at my lovely job. Why couldn't I be stupid and useless? Or new and clueless? Then I wouldn't have to work so much. Or open all the drat time. poo poo, guys, just let me come in at 9 when surgery starts, ok? I'm the nurse, I'm the only loving nurse, let me sleep in a bit. But nooooo

If I have to calm down old ladies while they're sobbing and holding their poodles, 7 am is not optimal for me. I'm just saying. Christ almighty, don't clutch your dog and cry hysterically at me before it's loving 8 am. I cannot deal with that.

Nurse Chapel
Jan 16, 2014

I'm a doctor, not a nurse.
The lady behind me in line at the grocery store criticized me for my purchases. "Really? You're buying THAT?"
In my whole life I've never even heard of this happening. What the gently caress.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I want to go buy beer but there is a huge festival in town and I don't want to deal with the traffic and the crowds.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

My town has an indefinite boil order on the water supply.

I wouldn't call that first world.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I Am Not Spor posted:

I wouldn't call that first world.

Rural Illinois is at the very least upper second world. :colbert:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I got yelled at a lot by a dumb customer at work today. I'm in a position that it's entirely meaningless to get yelled at by this kind of guy, and this kind of poo poo doesn't nearly compare to being through basic training but it's like "come on bro, we were told to do something different. Chill while we fix it."

Nurse Chapel
Jan 16, 2014

I clicked on this thread to post something but now I forgot what I was going to post :qq:

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I asked a client to find and unplug the white cube-shaped piece of equipment with our logo on it so we could troubleshoot a problem, and he kept telling me he was doing impossible things with it (like plugging it into a power strip - it doesn't have a power cable).

We spent about half an hour on this before I figured out that the object he was interacting with was in fact a foot-long triangular piece of clear plastic we used to send people as packing material.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cat Catterson posted:

The lady behind me in line at the grocery store criticized me for my purchases. "Really? You're buying THAT?"
In my whole life I've never even heard of this happening. What the gently caress.

What were you buying? An entire case of cheese in a can? 200lbs of lard?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm at work doing QA on a video game but I want to go home and play a different video game.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
When it's hot outside but cloudy and no-one is brave enough to open the window on the bus.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm worried about finding a job after college but I have like 3 or 4 semesters left so it isn't like I need to panic.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I made jam today but I slightly overcooked it so the sugar caramelized a bit. It's still good, but not extremely good :(

Nurse Chapel
Jan 16, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

What were you buying? An entire case of cheese in a can? 200lbs of lard?

It was a lot of junk food and booze, but I was going to a party, and anyways the 30 pack of ice cream was 60% off.

Maybe I did I eat 4 of the ice creams but gently caress you they were tasty.

Nurse Chapel has a new favorite as of 06:53 on Sep 29, 2014

uptown
May 16, 2009
I fell for someone when I was on my ~european vacation~ and he lives literally across the loving world. Could I find someone just as awesome here? I bet I could. Do I want to? Nope, I want to blow at least $1800 on a flight to go see him instead.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:
I have a washer and dryer of my own in my nice townhouse, and I have a decent-paying job as a nurse, and I pretend to be enthusiastic about picking up all the overtime I can get, but in reality I'm getting worn down. I gave up my sleep for the day to do laundry because I literally wouldn't have time otherwise. But when they need me, I can't say no, and these paychecks of mine are getting fatter and fatter. But my chores and sleep are suffering. :negative:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I decided I wanted to buy all my bridesmaids those really large Pashmina scarves for their gift, and also to wear to my wedding if it gets chilly. But all the ones I can find have tassels, and I don't like them quite as much with tassels.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Buggiezor posted:

I decided I wanted to buy all my bridesmaids those really large Pashmina scarves for their gift, and also to wear to my wedding if it gets chilly. But all the ones I can find have tassels, and I don't like them quite as much with tassels.

I wanna go to my friend's wedding, but I'd need to fly. I only have enough miles for one free ticket, but I'd have to buy the other.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm sitting alone in this new, big house waiting for laundry to finish but we haven't moved that much in so it's me, my phone, some candles and a pile of Halloween candy. I'm gonna get sexy.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
Today is my birthday and the number of birthday wishes sent to me by automated systems (e.g. Google, Facebook etc.) Has so far significantly outnumbered the number of birthday wishes from actual humans. Though everyone important to me did remember and I even got an awesome dinosaur candle holder as a gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Happy birthday random guy. :3:

• Locked thread