Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It really does look like a Wii game in HD though. Still, the Fatal Frame games were never lookers, I guess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
The lightning and wet clothing effects look nice, but yeah otherwise it kind of looks like HD RE4.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Also, ghost boobs.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Fritzler posted:

I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors from Amazon. It just got here, but I haven't gotten an DLC code by email or anything. Do I need to bug amazon, or has no one else gotten it yet?

Bug Amazon I guess, I got Hyrule Warriors via Game.co.uk in Europe, and I got the preorder dlc-code about 20 min after I got the code for the game.

( But both of them before the game came out, anyhow. :v: )

e: Also, Game said that you were supposed to activate the DLC ingame, that is incorrect, as you have to put it in as a normal game code on the eShop, for anyone wondering.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Has anyone else had any troubles with old wiimotes on the wii U? Specifically I try to turn off the sound coming from the remotes in game using menus, and no matter what I do, there is always sound. Its extremely annoying and I don't know what to do..

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fremry posted:

Also, ghost boobs.

sold

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Fritzler posted:

I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors from Amazon. It just got here, but I haven't gotten an DLC code by email or anything. Do I need to bug amazon, or has no one else gotten it yet?
Amazon sent me my DLC code last night. I already registered it and downloaded the content. My game is out for delivery now.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yesterday, I finally got three friends together to drink beer and play some Mario Kart 8.

Today, I bought a used copy from gamefly for 43 bucks.

I'm not sure if its the very best Mario kart entry (I'm still partial to Mario Kart DS's awesome mission mode and track design), but it is surely worth discussing.

What a drat fun time.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

Yesterday, I finally got three friends together to drink beer and play some Mario Kart 8.

Today, I bought a used copy from gamefly for 43 bucks.

I'm not sure if its the very best Mario kart entry (I'm still partial to Mario Kart DS's awesome mission mode and track design), but it is surely worth discussing.

What a drat fun time.

Nintendo Land with 4 people in the same room kicks rear end, if you haven't played. Ironically games like Sweet Day and Luigi's Ghost Mansion are really great with 4 people who are all good at video games (normally the multi games like Wii Sports lose their depth if you're all good at video games but these are super great if everyone knows what they're doing).

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Speaking of MK8, I just got it myself and have not played much yet but I have a question. Did they do away with arena style battle mode maps or something? All that I have seen so far are tracks that loop.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yea from my experience Luigi's Mansion is a bit too complicated for total nongamers, it seems fun though. Sweet Day, Mario Chase, and Zelda are big fun with nongamers and seem like they'd transfer well to people with gaming experience.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Xavier434 posted:

Speaking of MK8, I just got it myself and have not played much yet but I have a question. Did they do away with arena style battle mode maps or something? All that I have seen so far are tracks that loop.

Yeah, Moo Moo Meadows and the Harbor work well compared to the others though since they have some larger open areas for general battle.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Yea from my experience Luigi's Mansion is a bit too complicated for total nongamers, it seems fun though. Sweet Day, Mario Chase, and Zelda are big fun with nongamers and seem like they'd transfer well to people with gaming experience.

My favorite part of Sweet Day is being a runner and being slightly better than the Guards. Then I'm the guy that follows them around telling everyone where they are. At first the Guards chase you, then realize they can't catch you, then you get to be a huge fucker for the rest of the game :v:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Chronojam posted:

Yeah, Moo Moo Meadows and the Harbor work well compared to the others though since they have some larger open areas for general battle.

Man. That is a real bummer. This would be my favorite MK of all time if they had good arena maps.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Xavier434 posted:

Yes, all the battle maps are just tracks from the main game. Everyone hates it but it doesn't seem like Nintendo plans on fixing/changing it at all. I don't know why they feel the need to make battle mode worse with every game but at least they're consistent, I guess.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If anyone got Hyrule Warriors on disk and is looking fortheir Club Nintendo code, instead of putting an insert with the instruction booklet they printed it on the inside of the box liner. Because *shrug*, I guess.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone know if the NYC store is sold out on limited edition Hyrule Warriors boxes? Looking to sell to pay off the rest of my car.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

noirstronaut posted:

Anyone know if the NYC store is sold out on limited edition Hyrule Warriors boxes? Looking to sell to pay off the rest of my car.
They're all gone.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

DoctorWhat posted:

They're all gone.

I feel like you're lying to me so I'm going to camp out.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

I feel like you're lying to me so I'm going to camp out.

There were some in supply until you asked.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

On a side note I thought at one point there was a goon recommended usb hard drive for the Wii U in the OP but didn't see it in my recent scan. Can someone enlighten me on a good one so I can download games and dlc without worry.

Maybe late? I ordered this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084LZJ2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 uhhh in May, and it's yet to crap out. Was one of the tested ones, seemed the cheapest.

Re: Hyrule Warriors - I found the main line kinda fun but also kinda a bit Link-centric (yeh okay go figure), but Adventure mode really steps it up. I've been doing it all coop, and getting A-rank is not easy. Even with 8-bit sword link with 7 mods and like 400 weapon damage alone.

Zant is absolutely dreamy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheRam posted:

Maybe late? I ordered this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084LZJ2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 uhhh in May, and it's yet to crap out. Was one of the tested ones, seemed the cheapest.

Re: Hyrule Warriors - I found the main line kinda fun but also kinda a bit Link-centric (yeh okay go figure), but Adventure mode really steps it up. I've been doing it all coop, and getting A-rank is not easy. Even with 8-bit sword link with 7 mods and like 400 weapon damage alone.

Zant is absolutely dreamy.

Do I need to do something in the main game to access adventure mode? The AM map won't let me do anything without a ticket, and gives no info on how to get them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I registered my Club Nintendo code for Hyrule Warriors. Do they email me the Ganondorf code? I haven't got anything yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I registered my Club Nintendo code for Hyrule Warriors. Do they email me the Ganondorf code? I haven't got anything yet.

Look at the "To Do List" that shows all the surveys. It will appear at the end of the list.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rirse posted:

Look at the "To Do List" that shows all the surveys. It will appear at the end of the list.

It took me a couple of hours before it showed up, so don't panic.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Hyrule Warriors loving owns. This is my first "Warriors" game and the gameplay is just fantastic. Story mode has been fun so far even if the story is pretty nonsense, and Adventure mode is great and really difficult. So far I've only unlocked the first 5 story mode characters and each of them is fun as hell to play. I also like the system that lets you dump rubies into your other characters for levels so you don't have to level each one up manually. My favorite character is Shiek but I'm really looking forward to unlocking some of the baddies and the Goron dude.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It's actually less like a Dynasty Warriors game than is it more of a less complex Ninja Gaiden type game to me (i've not played any of the other Warriors games so i'm going off my own experience) i kind of enjoy the fast paced dodgy nature of this game better than the slow,lumbering type of the Dynasty type of characters.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Do I need to do something in the main game to access adventure mode? The AM map won't let me do anything without a ticket, and gives no info on how to get them.

Just beat it, I think?

ninjaedit:

The Duke posted:

Hyrule Warriors loving owns. This is my first "Warriors" game and the gameplay is just fantastic. Story mode has been fun so far even if the story is pretty nonsense, and Adventure mode is great and really difficult. So far I've only unlocked the first 5 story mode characters and each of them is fun as hell to play. I also like the system that lets you dump rubies into your other characters for levels so you don't have to level each one up manually. My favorite character is Shiek but I'm really looking forward to unlocking some of the baddies and the Goron dude.

Errr this makes me think otherwise.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can access the first adventure mode stage as soon as you beat the first story level and then more unlock after you clear that one. I don't know what problem you're having.

Hyrule Warriors is really great. I keep feeling compelled to play adventure mode and replay old story stages to unlock things rather than progress the plot because I want to fool around with all these different weapons.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Does anyone use their PC monitor to play their Wii U? I've got a small bedroom so I'd like to just have one screen for video games and computer stuff, and I'm in the market for a new monitor, so I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations. This one here on Amazon seems solid, and it's got the built-in speakers I'd need to get sound from the Wii U (according to my research), but I'm open to suggestions otherwise.

TYIA (Thank you in advance)

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

The Machine posted:

Does anyone use their PC monitor to play their Wii U? I've got a small bedroom so I'd like to just have one screen for video games and computer stuff, and I'm in the market for a new monitor, so I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations. This one here on Amazon seems solid, and it's got the built-in speakers I'd need to get sound from the Wii U (according to my research), but I'm open to suggestions otherwise.

Just make sure you get one that can take HDMI as both audio and video. Aside from that you might want to go for as low a refresh rate as possible. That one has 2ms, seems like a fairly safe bet.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I have an ASUS monitor that my WiiU is plugged into. The video looks great but the speakers are okay. Not very bass-y.

I think that's a newer variant of the kind of monitor I have so YMMV? :shrug:

EDIT: The monitor I have is this one here which doesn't explicitly say it has built-in speakers so maybe the ones in that monitor you listed will be better.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 27, 2014

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Okay, I went ahead and pulled the plug. I simply haven't been playing much Wii U because the living room TV is always full and I'd rather play on a full screen and not just the gamepad, so this will work out nicely.

I appreciate the input! :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It's actually less like a Dynasty Warriors game than is it more of a less complex Ninja Gaiden type game to me (i've not played any of the other Warriors games so i'm going off my own experience) i kind of enjoy the fast paced dodgy nature of this game better than the slow,lumbering type of the Dynasty type of characters.

That is what Dynasty Warriors has been for a long while. Like, Ryu Hayabusa is literally in several Dynasty Warriors games.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Digital foundry.
The digital foundry posted a comparison between bayo 1 on the wiiu, ps3 and x360
They feel that the WiiU version just edges out the x360 version. Nice to know, even though I'll never be able to pick up some of the nitpicks they've found considering I liked the ps3 version. :shrug:
Good to know at least that its an effort port and has off screen play.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

What is the latest date at which I will be able to purchase Bayo 2 in a store and get Bayo 1 for free?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

the truth posted:

What is the latest date at which I will be able to purchase Bayo 2 in a store and get Bayo 1 for free?

I'm not sure it's a limited thing. I think it just comes with it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They still haven't deleted my post from last night. :laugh:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I'm not sure it's a limited thing. I think it just comes with it.

Holy poo poo, really? If so I will wait for an inevitable B2G1 deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Machine posted:

I use a computer monitor for my Wii U and it works fine. The only annoying thing about the one I have is that the speakers are in the back of the thing. A lot of the time, I can barely hear a game but it's painfully loud for my husband. (His desk is behind the thing.)

• Locked thread