Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
With the (re)launch of the new Terraria official forums, there have and will be some 1.3 spoilers posted this weekend.

It is kind of interesting to me that as much time/money has been spent on redoing the website and forums for a game that, respectfully, seems sort of past its prime. Hopefully it's just laying the groundwork for Terraria 2 content. I really like the new website design, and would love to see a more hand-painted art style for T2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I actually really like that NPCs can interact with furniture now. It seems like a small change but it goes a long way. Hopefully we'll be able to sit in chairs too. Also would be nice to see them use beds and the like.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Those new forums have a nice layout on mobile

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/first-1-3-spoilers-rulers-progress-bars-to-dye-for.195/

Dye changes, progress bar for events, and lasers!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Does anybody have the leaked "alien" designs handy? I'm pretty sure that the fly here was among them.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
That looks fantastic and I absolutely cannot wait. They just keep pushing more great stuff out. 1.3 is gonna rule and I can feel the hype.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Super Space Jam's server has been reborn!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669550

I didn't make any big changes yet. Just refilled some chests, and placed some more heart crystals. I'm using the History plugin to track griefers. Any other suggestions are more than welcome. Also if rare items/ores are lacking.

Let me know what the lag is like.

quote:

I've enabled a TShock feature called Server Side Characters. This pretty much does what it says on the box--when you join the server, you'll be frozen until you /register a new account and then /login to it, at which point your gear will be replaced with that of a fresh character. From that point on all changes to your character are saved serverside. Note that this will not modify the actual file on your own disk, so if you register an account that has stuff acquired outside the server, your gear will be returned to you when you play in single player or on any other server.

PeePot fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 5, 2014

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

It's not letting me join for some reason. I get to the port specification and it does nothing. Are you able to connect yourself?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Only from another pc in the same house. I tried it from work and it was ok.

Just restarted it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's asking me to register and for a password?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I see you there. Just put anything for the password. Then /login

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Still can't connect. rakis.ddns.net, right? I press enter at the port screen and nothing happens, not even a Server Found message.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I used to help run a server doing something similar. Tshock can be a little fiddly but it's just making up for Terraria's godawful multiplayer support. Good luck with the server!

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 28, 2014

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

That's weird. Jimbone is in there with me now.

I did change your superadmin status to default. Could that be blocking your character?

edit: seems to be working for everyone now.

PeePot fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 29, 2014

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So did they post more spoilers anywhere? I thought they said they were going to be posting some throughout the weekend but I never saw anything after that first post.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

So did they post more spoilers anywhere? I thought they said they were going to be posting some throughout the weekend but I never saw anything after that first post.

I don't think so, sadly. The language they used seemed to suggest they would. The only little things that came out were that they were working on PC achievements and some mention of new starter cloths from the last screenshot of a guy in a trench coat.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Maybe not enough people signed up on their new website? I don't know.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Woowoo! New short preview video of a new mining mount! Looks loving awesome.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Jesus christ man. I just started up a new game last week since I haven't played any of the post-1.0 content but sometimes it feels like "eh, maybe I'll play another game, I've seen everything I care about".

Seeing that... I think I'll stick with it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

I was pretty sure I was done with Terraria, but that looks pretty wicked sick.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Does it require a back wall is the question. Also how fast it works on things that aren't mud.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
I can't believe how much I am looking forward to a new Terraria update.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm sure it's only going to require an item that drops off of the Halloween event 1% of the time or something.

That said, I want it. I want it bad. And I will fire up a new game and start playing to get it.

When is this due out?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spergminer posted:

Does anybody have the leaked "alien" designs handy? I'm pretty sure that the fly here was among them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I noticed that slopes are forming when terrain is dug out. That's new, isn't it? Normally slopes are manual or at worldgen, mining only causes right angles.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

This kind of poo poo is what starbound should be doing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am intruiged.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Freakazoid_ posted:

This kind of poo poo is what starbound should be doing.
I really, really wish Terraria were as moddable as Minecraft/Starbound. They mentioned a modding API about a year back but at this point it's pretty clearly never gonna happen.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i'm not really sure why starbound necessarily 'needs' to add it because something like that seems trivial for any modder to add if they want at some point. meanwhile it's gonna be some mmo drop rate poo poo in terraria and will only exist to make something tedious less tedious. hooray.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Yeah while the mining machine is cool it's definitely going to be a super rare drop from the later stages of the alien invasion/moon boss (I'm assuming those two are going to be the same thing a la the pumpkin/frost moon) which means I'm never going to get it because I am just too scrub. :negative:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Eh, I really hope they stop going in the crazy rear end moon events direction. Those are dumb as hell. I'd rather have more real progression and biomes and bosses outside these moon events.

Silus
Dec 28, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I noticed that slopes are forming when terrain is dug out. That's new, isn't it? Normally slopes are manual or at worldgen, mining only causes right angles.

What?? Darn.
I've been digging out terrain to get that square shape so that I can run up hills smoothly, as a smooth slope leading up to a square block makes you stop for a second when running and lose momentum. If they all go to slopes it will be OK, on reflection. All slopes or all square edges are both OK.

Nonetheless, most of the changes in 1.3 seem pretty awesome. Not terribly looking forward to another big boss event. I never bothered with Frost Moon, and could only get to solo killing about 2 pumpkings each pumpkin moon event. Though if I'm going to need better gear, maybe I ought to go do the frost moon.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

nerdz posted:

Eh, I really hope they stop going in the crazy rear end moon events direction. Those are dumb as hell. I'd rather have more real progression and biomes and bosses outside these moon events.
Yeah, the combat's not bad or anything, but just standing in one place killing endless hordes of enemies that just sort of march at you really isn't exactly compelling gameplay.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, the combat's not bad or anything, but just standing in one place killing endless hordes of enemies that just sort of march at you really isn't exactly compelling gameplay.

Especially not for the 8th or whatever version of it, it was a neat idea the first time or two.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Silus posted:

Nonetheless, most of the changes in 1.3 seem pretty awesome. Not terribly looking forward to another big boss event. I never bothered with Frost Moon, and could only get to solo killing about 2 pumpkings each pumpkin moon event. Though if I'm going to need better gear, maybe I ought to go do the frost moon.

You can try to kill the Fishron it drops great loot and it is a single boss or with help of some friends.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I've been playing since the humble bundle and I have reached the point where I can beat Duke Fishron consistently. I guess all that's left to do besides build cool looking stuff is make an abattoir for the moon events. Looking forward to the new version.

Silus
Dec 28, 2012

benzine posted:

You can try to kill the Fishron it drops great loot and it is a single boss or with help of some friends.

Yeah, I may have to go for that. I've thus far largely avoided fishing after trying it a couple of times and being underwhelmed, but fishron does drop some cool stuff. Especially since my attempts at Frost Moon have thus far yielded seeing the Ice Queen exactly once, and having her fly away as night ended. Might have to use spiky ball traps to cull the earlier waves faster, since the super darts and flame traps aren't quite cutting it.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

PeePot posted:

Super Space Jam's server has been reborn!

It is now located on rakis.ddns.net port 7777

I didn't make any big changes yet. Just refilled some chests, and placed some more heart crystals. I'm using the History plugin to track griefers. Any other suggestions are more than welcome. Also if rare items/ores are lacking.

Let me know what the lag is like.

My GF and I just started on the server, can't wait to play online with people!

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Silus posted:

Yeah, I may have to go for that. I've thus far largely avoided fishing after trying it a couple of times and being underwhelmed, but fishron does drop some cool stuff. Especially since my attempts at Frost Moon have thus far yielded seeing the Ice Queen exactly once, and having her fly away as night ended. Might have to use spiky ball traps to cull the earlier waves faster, since the super darts and flame traps aren't quite cutting it.

Silus, you could also set a server for you, and set the time to be night. You now have all the time you need with the Frost Moon/Pumpkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silus
Dec 28, 2012

benzine posted:

Silus, you could also set a server for you, and set the time to be night. You now have all the time you need with the Frost Moon/Pumpkin.

THAT had not occurred to me, but I like it! Definitely something to consider, as I was never in danger of dying but simply wasn't killing enemies fast enough. I also don't consider it any cheesier than throwing down 400 spiky ball traps and letting them do most of the work.

E: Tried it out this morning; worked like a charm! Went through wave 17 before letting day break. One odd thing is that it seemed like the Ice Queens weren't dropping anything but silver and hearts. I did get two each of elf melters, chain guns and razorpines from other mobs though.

Silus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 1, 2014

• Locked thread