Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
edit: oops, mistook this for the minis thread

TheCosmicMuffet fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

For this months journal, I did a totally intended and in no way a mistake weapon swap on Blane and Recon Unit - the top left two. This is how they are supposed to look.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 30, 2014

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Wights with Pikes, plus Wight King on the side. Jurnal is the weapon swap, normally they have Great Weapons or Hand Weapons & Shields.

Also magnetised bases and movement tray so I can do this.

Plus I wrote some terrible fanfiction Backstory. Technically I've had this written up for a while and only just remembered I had it, hope that's OK. It's from the 'create your own Regiment of Renown' contest that ran on the Dogs of War forum a few years ago

quote:

Vlad's Impalers

Benito's Impalers were once one of the many mercenary regiments hired to wage war upon Vlad von Carstein during his rule over Sylvania, and, unfortunately for them, one of the more successful ones. Benito was possessed with great cunning and had the plan to replace the tips of their pikes with blessed stakes, then draw Vlad out into combat by attacking the outlying villages in Sylvania until he had no choice but to respond in person.

The plan almost worked - in their final battle, Vlad sent his personal retinue of Grave Guard into a charge against the Impalers. Many pikes found their mark, piercing through the ranks of the Grave Guard - however the Impalers had not counted on Vlad's foresight. Having learned of their plan, Vlad had his Necromancers weave a protective spell around his retinue, to reverse the effects of the blessing. Instead of being destroyed by the stakes, the pike acted as a conduit, drawing the soul of its wielder into their enemy’s body. Almost the entire regiment was turned in a moment, and the survivors doomed.

Vlad decided to reward Benito for his cunning. Instead of simply killing him and raising him as a shambling zombie, Vlad conducted an arcane ritual to strip the flesh from his bones and fuse him with the captain of his retinue. Their weapons returned and infused with an eldritch glow, the regiment, now named Vlad's Impalers after their new master, joined his army and were a terrifying force on the battlefield.

When Vlad eventually met his demise at the Siege of Altdorf, a spark of Benito's old will returned and he set about his old mercenary ways. It is said that with the appropriate sacrifice of gold on a starless night, the Impalers can be summoned to lend aid in times of great need.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
In my Oath Complete post I forgot to mention the Cut n' Swap for the month's theme, which I detailed in my WIP photo - just want to make sure I'm on the right page here!

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath a Terminator Librarian, 5 Assault Marines, 10 Guardsmen, and a command squad for September:

And for Cut N' Swap I cut off the gun grip in the Marine's hand and gave him a reverse-gripped knife:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Themed Group Part one: Malifaux Mei Feng crew

Rail Crew:

Mei Feng and Kang:

Oirans, and alternate views of their freehand:

Themed Group Part two: Malifaux Yan Lo Crew (This lot was a commission, hence all the Akatsuki robes. Gonna claim Fly your Flag for all the banners.)

Yan Lo's Skeleton and robe:

Skeletal Ashigaru:

Izamu the Armor and Toshiro the Daimyo:

Soul Porter and Chiaki:

Themed Group Part three: Infinity Haqqislamites

Ghazi Muttawiyahs and Hassassin Yasbir:

Ghazi with keffiyeh:

Themed Group Part four: Malifaux Outcasts

Showing the height difference, and the result of my Cut and Swap on the center model:

Angelica's umbrella and skirt:

Killjoy:

Hans:

And the Desperate Mercenary, as well as a comparison with the Box Art he's based on:

So in summary that's several Themed Groups, Fly your Flag, Cut and Swap, and Box Art. Hopefully it's okay I only put my Username on the big images? If not I can go through and edit them.

EDIT: (also, 29 models holy crap.)

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed group like usual. Journal entry is the big guy with the goblins, made from a Rat Ogre that usually looks like this:

Swapped the head with an orc one, changed the rippy blade to a smashy bit, and docked the tail.

Big month for me! After a year and a half of painting orcs and goblins I finally settle on how i want to paint skulls. It's hard to tell from the pictures since they're a bit yellow, but I'm highlighting with a real light green tinge that does a great job of knocking the flatness out of them.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Loving the look of your purple warpaint.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

Journal

Theme group for the dreadfleet.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 28, 2014

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: August judgment! :ducksiren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Android

I really love the base here. It's simple, but there is a lot of depth in the painting, looks very natural. Sweet paint job as well, the orange-ish brown bits of leather go very nicely with the brown of the body and grey of the hair. Speed painting is a good fit for your style, it looks very cool.

Second Place, 2 Points: Dirt Worshipper

Very crisp painting all around. Great color choices, they look excellent together as a unit. Love the flesh tones and the stubble on their faces, that came out really well. The bright greens of the bases compliment the more natural tones of the clothing. Great job.

First Place, 3 Points: Red Shoe

Love the flesh tones on Gudrun, great shading on his arm, hand, and face. The same is true for Ossrum and Arkadius, great shading on the faces.
Your baes are super slick as usual.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Red Shoe

Nice clean NMM on the sword of the warrior woman, fits with the paint job, not too overpowering.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

Claiming cut and swap journal for pretty much the whole drat thing, but especially the librarian torso.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete!

Cut and swapped that poorly camouflaged lady's sniper rifle for a missile launcher.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

No Jurnal this month, alas.

And as a bonus, as it's literally the first time I've ever used decals on a mini;

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete
I'm also going to claim Themed Group

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren: OAF COMPLETE :siren:

I wasn't sure about the color scheme until I finished this one but purple and orange is what's up.

Also having technical difficulties with the tech and posting of it so apologies if it's weird for anyone.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: September oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming:
Monthly theme: Cut & Swap. Head swap.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 30, 2014

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Brock Samsonite posted:

:siren: OAF COMPLETE :siren:

I wasn't sure about the color scheme until I finished this one but purple and orange is what's up.

Also having technical difficulties with the tech and posting of it so apologies if it's weird for anyone.

Purple/green/orange Shasvastii 4 lyfe.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:psylon: Oath Complete! :psylon:

My Journal entry is the cut, swap, repositioning and minor sculpting on the center Deathmark, who has become the spotter for his squad.

If memory serves, this is also my first Themed Group (5 models) of the season.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
:orks101: Oath Complete! :orks:

And some closeups of the "Quick-Fix" arm:

Claiming monthly theme since it's a big conversion job and Fly your Flag.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

No Jurnal this month, alas.

And as a bonus, as it's literally the first time I've ever used decals on a mini;

Actually, now I remember, can I claimed Themed Group for this?

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!

For the Jurnal I swapped his hand for a klaw and added a backpack and syringe/gun.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Oath Complete!

Yayy for more Orks!

For this month I think I qualified for Themed Group, and also the monthly theme of Cut and Swap for the peg leg conversion.
A link to my edited Oath post detailing the process.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Exulon Thexus

Cephalyx Mindslaver

Cephalyx Overlords

Troll Monstrosity

This is a themed group, and I'd like to claim journal on the monstrosity.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Admiral Crackbar
Jan 4, 2012

Ok, I THINK I'm doing this right.

I'm putting up an Oath Complete for my Save Da Whales.

Here's the original post

And here are the minis

I kept putting off posting this back up as I wanted to add some extra details, but in the end never quite got around to doing it.

Gonna try and be less of a dumbass next month and have a go at some wood elves.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
:vomarine: Oath Complete! :vomarine:

Not a huge fan of this, but given that I did most of it last night, I think it turned out OK.

Going for the Journal - it's half an Asterian Skyrazor and half an Eldar Jetbike, with the pilot reposed to fit and extra thrusters added to the sides.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Oath Complete

I detailed the Jurnal stuff in the original oath... I am calling these guys Thousand Sons, but they are kitbashed from Dark Angels, Sanguinary Guard, Chaos, and regular dudes... there are a few Warhammer fantasy bits in there, too!

Swapped an axe for the pole from the Black Coach on this fella.

This gentleman has a marauder torso...

Speed Paint Time!

That's all for now! Claiming: Journal and Speed Paint

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I really dig the idea of using the Sanguinary Guard masks for a small group of Thousand Sons. In context it perfectly conveys a sort of ritual, occult mystery.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Thank you! Yeah, I'm pretty proud of these guys.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal:

This is a themed group. Iron within, Iron withork.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 30, 2014

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Just going for the jurnal this month.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

JURNAL

Annyssa Ryvaal original model:

I think the cut/replace is obvious here.

The daughter of flame also has different arms from the original version but I'm sure Annyssa is sufficient for the jurnal.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete

Journal: Headswap on sarg, and gun swaps with the special weapon guys including arm swaps with flamer guy.

Themed Group since they fit in my Nod guard army. Maybe when warzone comes out I will play that. If the rules are anything like deadzone I will be interested.

Double the fun!: OSL on the plasma guy, and all those tiberium/warp rocks.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Oath Complete

Journal: Headswap on sarg, and gun swaps with the special weapon guys including arm swaps with flamer guy.

Themed Group since they fit in my Nod guard army. Maybe when warzone comes out I will play that. If the rules are anything like deadzone I will be interested.

Double the fun!: OSL on the plasma guy, and all those tiberium/warp rocks.

The guys with GW weapons look like they're on some serious steroids, heh.

Warpath (Warzone's a whole other, much more metal-album-cover game) is by Alessio Cavatore instead of Jake, so I don't think it'll be much like it rules-wise. The earlier versions we're waiting on a replacement for were much more like Kings of War In Space.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!
One Killa Kan with 4 swappable arms

Jurnal is where I Cut holes for some pins/magnets so I can Swap the arms:

I made a GIF!

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Vermintide posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Just going for the jurnal this month.

These are great! I really dig the color choices.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Deanut Pancer posted:

Oath Complete!
One Killa Kan with 4 swappable arms

Purdy. I love Kans so much.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

One counts-as Toshiro the Daimyo and two Kaimainu (which I put on the wrong bases, whoops).

Two Katanaka Snipers.

The Lone Swordsman, a Peasant, and two Low River Monks.

I need to dot their eyes and get rid of that zombie stare.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the arm swap and head swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

Here are the 10 Warders, for which I am claiming themed group:

Here is my Jurnul guy, I showed the changes in my initial post, but hes made out of a bunch of dryad bits, a dark elf corsair, and a dark elf spear elf:

• Locked thread