Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Devil Wears Prada is actually an impressive film if you ignore all the lady-technobabble and product placement. I mean it was just a cash grab of a film I guess, but that screenplay was tight as gently caress. Every single line kills unless it's about selling shoes to the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Anne Hathaway can definitely act, but yeah her filmography is crap.

Jean Eric Burn is right, Devil Wear's Prada is probably her best film which she stars in and had the potential to be a really great movie but it's marred by lovely product placement.

Otherwise her best performances are in Les Miserables and Brokeback Mountain, where she's in supporting roles and she's only has like 15 minutes of screen time. She totally steals the show in those 15 minutes, but that's all she really gets.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Best score to actress performance/quality of movies must go to Karen Black. She could do it all, performing, singing, dancing, writing. I miss you :(

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Rachel Getting Married is great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Her performance is good in that film but I don't like the movie at all.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Kingtheninja posted:

On the McConaughey train since Reign of Fire.

Please.

I've been on the train since How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've been on it since Ed TV.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Watch Frailty, you heathens.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Dazed and Confused
Reign of Fire
True Detective
Interstellar

Yeah I'm on board with the dude till the end of time. That guy is going to be such a sweet old man actor in twenty/thirty years.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Grendels Dad posted:

Watch Frailty, you heathens.

Oh poo poo, I forgot all about that movie. I remember thinking it was the poo poo when I was like 17. Gonna have to check it out again and see if I was right.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

This seems applicable, somehow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa2vXL7FI8

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Anne Hathaway is pretty drat genuine.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

From the movie poster thread. I don't have any movie posters on my wall, but the third one just drat gorgeous; I really hope this movie lives up to my expectations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That last one is loving amazing

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

:aaa:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Haven't been a fan of the official posters so far but that one's cool.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

quote:

GO FURTHER

I didn't know their spaceship was a Ford.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Another

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Interstellar just had its run length revealed - it's 169 minutes, the longest Nolan film thus far.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

computer parts posted:

Interstellar just had its run length revealed - it's 169 minutes, the longest Nolan film thus far.

Oh no.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Love is the one thing that transcends the runtime of this movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

computer parts posted:

If it's good, I'm perfectly okay with that length.

If it's bad, well poo poo.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Personally, I think the released runtime is a good indicator that the movie will probably at least be of a similarly epic scope as the leaked script, so I'm pretty cool with that.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises runtime was the maximum that 70mm IMAX theatres could handle apparently, and this is 4mins longer.

They must have found a way to add another couple of inches to the IMAX film platters. Or maybe they've just chopped off the credits.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

If it's good, I'm perfectly okay with that length.

If it's bad, well poo poo.

No good movie is too long and no bad movie is short enough.
- Roger Ebert

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

twoot posted:

They must have found a way to add another couple of inches to the IMAX film platters. Or maybe they've just chopped off the credits.

They'll just speed them up like they do on the TV.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Stopping by to drop this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CwquD3AeQI

PaulDirac
Aug 15, 2014

well that video totally had to be uploaded to youtube. If we couldn't see that dude recording his tv on the internet, that'd be such a shame -.-

Seriously, I dont understand why people still do this?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

PaulDirac posted:

well that video totally had to be uploaded to youtube. If we couldn't see that dude recording his tv on the internet, that'd be such a shame -.-

Seriously, I dont understand why people still do this?

Beats me.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
If you think that's dumb, just search youtube for "Interstellar Trailer Reviews". People will literally record themselves watching their computer monitors while the *entire* trailer plays, so you can watch their face for 2:30, then tell you how awesome it was (while hedging and giving you a nuanced account of their various experiences with each Nolan film).

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all
You can watch all 4 of the TV spots here:

http://thefilmstage.com/news/watch-four-tv-spots-for-christopher-nolans-interstellar-reveal-new-footage/

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Spot 3 non-nonchalantly drops a pretty big plot point that was rumored to be in the movie based off the screenplay.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
New trailer and new news:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/1/6880409/interstellar-new-trailer-showing-in-imax-november-5th

quote:

The film comes out on November 7th, but Paramount has just announced that it'll also be showing in IMAX two days earlier. We'll be waiting impatiently until then.

There's also a list of theaters showing the movie in IMAX 70mm.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
gently caress, looks like no IMAX 70mm for me :(

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Good lord, that trailer is amazing.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Fuark, that trailer was way too spoilery imo. avoid if you care about that

Magnificent
Jun 17, 2005

I was not programmed for friendship.
Nap Ghost
Saw the trailer, bought IMAX tickets. I don't actually care for IMAX, but I can't resist seeing it two days early.

I am so loving pumped to be blown away / utterly disappointed.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

The worst was the drone part at the beginning. Everything else was just a slight elaboration on stuff we already knew.

Magnificent posted:

Saw the trailer, bought IMAX tickets. I don't actually care for IMAX, but I can't resist seeing it two days early.

I am so loving pumped to be blown away / utterly disappointed.

Same, I'm seeing it with my friend although apparently we can't go before Thursday at 8 but whatever.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

LOL no it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Just bought tickets for the 70mm imax for November 4th at 8pm. Living in a major city is occasionally beneficial. God drat that trailer was incredible.

• Locked thread