Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

manyak posted:

Even though im a Nerd, Im gonna work out and get mad laid [sees girls fawn over guy with big biceps and chest] That guy probably isnt athletic at all.. he skips leg day, i work out for performance, its way different [realizes im bad at every sport and the Bicep guy is more athletic than me] Oh uhh.. actually I lift weight for the numbers. i lift heavy things and put them down, LOL! [sees a buff guy lifting more weight than me] hmm.. that guy's posture probably fuckin sucks. Bet he's gonna have.. shoulder girdle problems and poo poo. My posture is ridiculously off the chain

nice post,ure gonna get laid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

stuff about orange slappers and bad backs

:lol:

Forgot about this

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Best Friends posted:

Somehow I got suckered into hanging out with Van Halen in their limo. All these women kept showing up, just wanting to gently caress or do drugs or party all night, never caring even slightly about the music, what it really meant.

Ugh, a local C grade musician said almost exactly this to me a few weeks ago when I asked why he was at my house on saturday night and not doing something cool.

I really hope Cat wins today, she's due for a run of good luck.

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Dustin Poirier got rocked by Jonathan Brookins

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Dirp posted:

Dustin Poirier got rocked by Jonathan Brookins

several times

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Conor McGregor was submitted by Joseph Duffy in 30 seconds

Dirp
May 16, 2007

-Atom- posted:

I don't know who that is but it was 4 years ago and the guy is apparently 11-1 with 9 subs so it's still a lot less embarrassing.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Of course out of Conor's 2 losses you pick the actual decent-good fighter, who's also beaten Norman Parke, instead of the generic Eastern European.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Just pointing out that MMAth is a bit silly.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Matt Hughes got subbed by a guy who's most famous for having his dick on a live ppv, by arm bar, in under two minutes, twice and he was a world champion for a long time. Doesn't really matter who beat who four years ago.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Hughes lasted a total of 0:37 with Hallman in both fights.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Even before he hosed up his knee, Conor was spamming dumbass kicks that missed and getting jabbed by Max Holloway.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

manyak posted:

Even though im a Nerd, Im gonna work out and get mad laid [sees girls fawn over guy with big biceps and chest] That guy probably isnt athletic at all.. he skips leg day, i work out for performance, its way different [realizes im bad at every sport and the Bicep guy is more athletic than me] Oh uhh.. actually I lift weight for the numbers. i lift heavy things and put them down, LOL! [sees a buff guy lifting more weight than me] hmm.. that guy's posture probably fuckin sucks. Bet he's gonna have.. shoulder girdle problems and poo poo. My posture is ridiculously off the chain

Yea

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

outy posted:

I genuinely don't believe he is actively seeking a KO or sub, he lands punches without committing to them. This allows him to get out of the way of counters very successfully, but dramatically reduces his chance of doing significant damage. It undoubtedly takes skill, dedication and massive amounts of training to pull it off, but I find it incredibly dull to watch.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Pretty good month of fights

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
so this is what happens when the ufc puts on a good card with good fighters instead of some sick freak show filled with tuf brazil rejects and cb dollaway

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://vine.co/v/OZDmEI1XXgI

Kennedy is right.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

But he's a whiner and nobody likes a whiner. Cheating happens in MMA on literally every show.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

ChampRamp posted:

But he's a whiner and nobody likes a whiner. Cheating happens in MMA on literally every show.

Cheating happens that's grabbing the fence to stop a takedown or faking a groin strike to get some time off. This was cheating to avoid the outright end of the fight. Nobody seems to be viewing this as whining as such as it's an accurate depiction of what happened.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kind of ironic that Big John's return to Vegas starts out with a controversy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lid posted:

Cheating happens that's grabbing the fence to stop a takedown or faking a groin strike to get some time off. This was cheating to avoid the outright end of the fight. Nobody seems to be viewing this as whining as such as it's an accurate depiction of what happened.

because it's tim loving kennedy and him losing violently is hilarious

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Lid posted:

When you grab a fence you are breaking the rules and potentially stopping a takedown. Illegal poo poo is illegal dude.

It's straight up whining.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

ChampRamp posted:

durr durr

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Marching Powder posted:

I loving hate Tim Kennedy with every fibre of my being, but that doesn't change this being right. It's not like a bad judges call where if Yoel won a robbery it would've been ok because haha suck it Tim a third party hosed you, which honestly I would be all for, this poo poo is beyond the pale.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufWMFLjvDTQ

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

You can be technically correct about something and still be whining about it. Both of which Tim Kennedy is doing.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

this, and also there was only like 15 seconds of confusion, so I don't know what the ref should have done. he had the choice to either warn the unconscious man that if he didn't get up he would call the fight off, or to just drag him into the center of the cage to let Kennedy finish him off, which was obviously what was going to happen if he kept fighting. he made the choice that would make for a more satisfying fight and then welp.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know man I think it's okay to be pissed that someone's cheating allowed them win when the fight should have been called

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

What has Tim Kennedy done to be so hated ?

He was bland and boring in the JRE but besides that I don't know anything about him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lamadrid posted:

He was bland and boring in the JRE but besides that I don't know anything about him.

He was in the army and whines about things so people hate him.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

henkman posted:

I don't know man I think it's okay to be pissed that someone's cheating allowed them win when the fight should have been called

Especially when there is a ton of money on the line

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lamadrid posted:

He's a complete ra-ra-Murica type who was also a Marine sniper so pretty much meaning he coldly killed people from a long distance. He's also not a great fighter by any stretch, his fights are usually always terrible, and his fight against Luke Rockhold is one of the worst you'll ever see.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lamadrid posted:

Whined up a storm about every decision he lost up to and including the Jacare fight where he got beaten from pillar to post. Is the beneficiary of dumb FOR THE TROOPS bullshit while being a stereotypical douchebag, including shilling for a company that makes racist tshirts and spending the entire day of Nelson Mandela's death calling everyone on his timeline making a positive statement about Mandela an rear end in a top hat because he was a "commie terrorist".

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lamadrid posted:

He's just a grating personality, like Bisping. I had a sort of secondhand acquaintance with him years ago but can't say much that you wouldn't obviously glean from an interview. He whines and whines about steroids and about how the Army didn't respect his MMA career and now about how the UFC doesn't respect him as a military hero.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

this, and also there was only like 15 seconds of confusion, so I don't know what the ref should have done. he had the choice to either warn the unconscious man that if he didn't get up he would call the fight off, or to just drag him into the center of the cage to let Kennedy finish him off, which was obviously what was going to happen if he kept fighting. he made the choice that would make for a more satisfying fight and then welp.

Yeah that's sort of how I'm leaning on what Big John did. We all know that it was unfair for Romero to sit there after the 2nd round was supposed to begin, but there are delays all the loving time. Like every couple events a fighter forgets his mouth piece or the corner leaves ice on the canvas or whatever happens. Usually it isn't intentional (I don't think) but it certainly happens. If Romero's corner had been a bit smarter it would not have even been an issue. McCarthy could and probably should have called the fight right then and there, but refs usually just want to get the fight going again and that's what he tried to do. Audiences want to see fighting. And they saw Yoel do some violent poo poo not even a minute after it happened.

I dunno. It's lovely but it happens.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bubba Smith posted:

I dunno. It's lovely but it happens.

It's a Romero joke

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
It's funny how reactions to any given situation is directly proportional to how liked or hated the fighter happens to be.

Stay consistent, y'all.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

-Atom- posted:

It's funny how reactions to any given situation is directly proportional to how liked or hated the fighter happens to be.

Stay consistent, y'all.

there is literally nothing wrong with this and the concept is not hard to understand atom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

-Atom- posted:

Stay consistent, y'all.

Please Atom, in the moments before your probation for backing Poirier, explain to me the nuanced differences between your hatred of Chael Sonnen and your love of Mayhem Miller.

• Locked thread