Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ardeem posted:

You can only have one stance from any single class running at once, but if you're running FI/HU you can have both Wise and Fury stances running at the same time and getting the bonuses from both.
Oh drat, I did not know that.

edit: speaking of Wise, what do the sides of enemies count as? Front? Back? Neither? Also, it's hard to pick since enemies seem about half and half about which side of their body their weak point is on. I think I have three points in each and switch between them in combat.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yeah I'm only 33/15 HuFi atm, so I've been mostly putting my points into PP Slayer, is Wise definitely the one I want over Brave?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Varinn posted:

Yeah I'm only 33/15 HuFi atm, so I've been mostly putting my points into PP Slayer, is Wise definitely the one I want over Brave?

If you can only pick one, pick brave. Wise is stronger but pretty much only useful against bosses with weak points on their backs.

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: speaking of Wise, what do the sides of enemies count as? Front? Back? Neither? Also, it's pick since enemies seem about half and half about which side of their body their weak point is on. I think I have three points in each and switch between them in combat.

From what I understand the entire front half of the enemy is its front, while the entire back half is its back. So it depends on what angle you hit them at from the side.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 27, 2014

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Wise/Brave is sort of a "Do you party with fiends who take agro?" type debate. If you can get behind the mob wise is better, but if you're soloing or only with friend partners, that's really hard.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wise/brave depends on where you're standing relative to the the enemy, so if you lock onto something's tail and then circle back to the front and then cast rafoie or whatever brave stance gets the damage bonus.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Devour or Fire posted:

Wise/brave depends on where you're standing relative to the the enemy, so if you lock onto something's tail and then circle back to the front and then cast rafoie or whatever brave stance gets the damage bonus.

or if you can't lock onto the main weak point at all (like wandas) you can go into TPS mode and manually target the ground behind them

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The music in the facility preview video is incredibly good, I love the guys chanting "hey".

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

If you're using a controller you can lock on and then move the right stick to cycle through lockon points until you hit the weakspot you want.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Alternatively, Q and Tab on the keyboard.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
By the way, I only found out a few days ago that if you use ctrl+alt+ a letter, you can do the other gender's lobby action. I wish I could access that through the menus though, since I am not usually playing with the keyboard.

edit: vvv I mostly just want my character to drink beer instead of wine.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 28, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can enter /cla (la) to do your retarded man dances

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

By the way, I only found out a few days ago that if you use ctrl+alt+ a letter, you can do the other gender's lobby action. I wish I could access that through the menus though, since I am not usually playing with the keyboard.

edit: vvv I mostly just want my character to drink beer instead of wine.

According to someone in teamchat earlier tonight, you can hold X (360 controller) as you hit A to select your lobby action on the Quick Menu and it'll give the alternate version of the action

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

InfinityComplex posted:

Alternatively, Q and Tab on the keyboard.

the problem with that though is that at least the right stick prioritizes targets in that direction, with tab I often have to tab a whoooole lot and reposition just to get the target I really want

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Varinn posted:

The thing about Wise vs Brave as a pure melee class is that even though Wise is stronger, it is massively more situational (vs bosses) and impractical (vs normal trash mobs) than Brave. Even when you're not playing solo, if your friend is already distracting a group of enemies, then your friend is also probably already killing the enemies to the point that your damage boost won't matter; they might even be dead before you throw a swing. Group or solo, it's much simpler and quicker to just charge into the enemy's face and start unleashing whatever you've got, and they'll generally keep looking at you as you do it, instead of trying to turn around and forcing you to reposition on their backs again.

On top of that, most notably common or popular or new-ish bosses have their weakpoints in the front rather than the back (I'm not sure if Loser even has hitboxes on his back in the first place, weak or not), and the ones that don't are so trivial that it won't make a difference (like Elder and his arms). The one major time I'd say that Wise wins out for both trash and bosses is Mine Defense, which has a boss with a massive back weakpoint plus trash that absolutely loves to run past you for the sake of hurting the towers. Aside from those tower defense EQs and Falz Elder, I never really saw myself swapping to Wise as a fighter even when I had both of the stances fully skilled up.

If you can only pick one, I'd say that brave is absolutely the more effective choice for general use. Of course unless you're going for a build with a ton of point investment in Limit Break, probably just get both stances and swap when you please.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 28, 2014

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Also one weird quirk of Front/Back mechanics that is probably still in the game and not fixed: Dark Falz Elder and Big Vardha don't determine their brave/wise based on what side of their bodies you hit, but based on where in their arena you hit them.

Elder's core hangs out in Wise territory and he sometimes extends his arms into Brave territory. Vardha's main core moves around a lot, so if you're going in hard while standing on it, expect it to constantly be roaming around swapping its position between the two. Supposedly Falz Loser's arena battle does not apply to this at all and acts normally with regard to fighter stances, but I haven't had a chance to test that myself yet.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

the problem with that though is that at least the right stick prioritizes targets in that direction, with tab I often have to tab a whoooole lot and reposition just to get the target I really want
Yeah Tab just seems to toggle between the 2 nearest targets. You really gotta mess with your positioning to get it to do what you want. Vol Dragon's back horn is the biggest example.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Honestly whenever I use weak stance Braver I just don't bother locking on unless I need to aim a Hatou, it's just too janky trying to lock onto the correct spot.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Locking on is sometimes necessary as a T.dagger fighter to zip up to the enemy's head properly instead of just autotargeting their feet, but usually the enemies that applies to don't have too many parts to make it troublesome. Unless it's Big Varda's infection or missile cannons.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Vardha's shoulder clusterbombs you pretty much have to go into TPS aiming mode to hit with daggers. It's satisfying to do as it feels like you're gaming the system, though.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So!

There was a round these past hours where there were four Elders!

Here's what it's like!

:negative:

ObscureThought
May 10, 2013

I just started this as a Cast Braver in the hopes of being a GuHu later on and I have almost no idea of what is going on (I do have the English patches though).

Right now the thing that's bugging me a little is the Setting Photon Arts tutorial client order you get early on. I can't figure out what exactly it is that it wants me to do.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hivac posted:

So!

Here's what it's like!

Lots of delicious mag food?

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

ObscureThought posted:

I just started this as a Cast Braver in the hopes of being a GuHu later on and I have almost no idea of what is going on (I do have the English patches though).

Right now the thing that's bugging me a little is the Setting Photon Arts tutorial client order you get early on. I can't figure out what exactly it is that it wants me to do.

Go to equip weapons, then on one of your weapons, click one of the slots other than the basic attack, and then click one of the attacks in the list. If you only have one, you may have to remove it first.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

So!

Here's what it's like!

Just another day with Elder.

ObscureThought
May 10, 2013

pussy riot police posted:

Go to equip weapons, then on one of your weapons, click one of the slots other than the basic attack, and then click one of the attacks in the list. If you only have one, you may have to remove it first.

Ah, that did it - thanks!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are the servers up? I keep getting error 240.

EDIT: Well that resolved itself. How do I change the game's resolution?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 28, 2014

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are the servers up? I keep getting error 240.

EDIT: Well that resolved itself. How do I change the game's resolution?

If you're using the tweaker, click the orb and go to the PSO settings at the bottom. Otherwise, run the launcher and change it from there.

On a related note, what the gently caress is up with people not understanding ui design? If you have to explain that you click on the orb for a menu, maybe you shouldn't use an orb for a menu.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

One last thing - how the hell do I add someone to my friend list?

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Click on them or search for them in the visiphone (the purple thing in the gate area).

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
You can also do it from the party menu or the view nearby players menu.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
You can also right click on their avatars to bring up a menu.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Those are all for sending friend requests.

To receive one, simply go to your friends list and it should list of pending requests to be accepted. Just click on the person you want to accept then either approve or reject it.

If you can't find your friends list, go to your escape menu, then community, then you should be able to see it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

pussy riot police posted:

On a related note, what the gently caress is up with people not understanding ui design? If you have to explain that you click on the orb for a menu, maybe you shouldn't use an orb for a menu.

AIDA is a relentless idiot. It also took him well over a year to use delta patching for the story translation instead of putting up a 3GB+ archive every time and serving changed files from his Dropbox account (and even then he didn't do it, someone else did) and only recently did tweaker get a clause for "HTTP didn't respond for over a minute, terminate that thread instead of halting the entire program"..except it doesn't work.

Oh yeah, and the PSO2es tweaker isn't even by him, someone else makes it and doesn't really want credit so AIDA slaps his name all over it.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
loving lol.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wait, so how big is the story patch now? Cause I avoided that poo poo for precisely that reason

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

It's a few megabytes but takes a while to apply as it runs over the files. (not too long on an SSD, no idea how long on a HDD) Only covers the main story path of Matterboards 1-15, nothing from Episode 3.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why can't I take photon chairs out into the world? I so want to cruise around the ruins and stuff like this

And when an enemy hits me I'll be like "you knocked me out of my CHAIR!!"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Logged in for the first time in a while and had like three pages of new MB rewards dumped on me; what's there to look out for for Katana/Jet Boots?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
No outstanding boots but something gets you a free (wind) agito now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
There is an all-class boot from one of the matterboards, if that interests you. It's the ラムダアレスティス (Lambda Arestes, or something like that). It is not terribly strong, but it's currently slim pickings for non-BO boots.

If you want boots you can use without having to main BO, this is your best bet (unless you have an embarrassment of XQ rocks and can afford to blow some on Bio Boots).

• Locked thread