Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

You sound kind of mad mate. Let it out man, let it out. You should ask me how much I spent on Infinity Wars.

I bet you're the backer that pushed Transverse to 2% you loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

I bet you're the backer that pushed Transverse to 2% you loving bad.

Kickstarter? Heh. Not even I'm not that bad... :smug:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm not sure that second sentence means what you think it means. :eng99:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Stanley Pain posted:

You sound kind of mad mate. Let it out man, let it out. You should ask me how much I spent on Infinity Wars.

So you know there is a little indie game company that is making this small game call Star Citizen that needs your help. For only 10,000 dollars you could really help them out, and well they will give you some ships! Of course once the game is built. They are running so low of funds, they need only 50 million more to have the best game ever! :) You should help! :D

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Reinstalled.

Game won't start. White-crash as soon as the login screen pops up. Probably have some old configuration or files left over and set read-only from when client was defaulting settings at random.

I consider this a sign. Let it be purged and we'll never speak of this again.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Kazvall posted:

I prefer 12 vs 12. Only after getting used to it and understanding I couldn't play like I used to. Positioning is much more important now.

This is truth.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Stanley Pain posted:

Kickstarter? I barely know her! :downsrim:

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Wait, I'm confused. Last time I checked the thread everybody was gloating over how poo poo PGI is and how they finally had some of their poo poo flung back in their faces, but now a few thousand posts later everybody's talking about playing again.

Is this like, an ironic gesture or something? I refuse to believe the game has changed for the better in the last few weeks.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Kazvall posted:

I prefer 12 vs 12. Only after getting used to it and understanding I couldn't play like I used to. Positioning is much more important now.

Kaz, I love shooting robits with you but 12v12 is awful. It made tons of good builds way less effective, amplified TTK issues, Poptarting, and sniping in general, LRMing, restricting ammo mechs, and the list goes on.

There is not one good thing 12v12 has done for the game.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
I haven't touched my account in years, and when I was still playing I had a 15x:10bux: package, and I guess it came with 20k Gold MechCoins. Is there anything worth spending them on, since I can't get my money back? All this talk of stompy robits makes me want to play again :smith:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

TerminalBlue posted:

Wait, I'm confused. Last time I checked the thread everybody was gloating over how poo poo PGI is and how they finally had some of their poo poo flung back in their faces, but now a few thousand posts later everybody's talking about playing again.

Is this like, an ironic gesture or something? I refuse to believe the game has changed for the better in the last few weeks.

The short version is a few pubbies with forums accounts are still playing or have relapsed; some of whom are actually dumb enough to have paid for clan packs. There are some that try to rescue these poor souls from their abusive relationship, and others that just mock them all.

And now you're pretty much caught up on everything in this thread.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

axelsoar posted:

Kaz, I love shooting robits with you but 12v12 is awful. It made tons of good builds way less effective, amplified TTK issues, Poptarting, and sniping in general, LRMing, restricting ammo mechs, and the list goes on.

There is not one good thing 12v12 has done for the game.

Well I'm having a good time so that's one good thing. I am a terrible cis-scum hellspawn though. Rampaging the pubbies with a thick mclarge huge goon lance has never been so fun. If I'm out of position I tend to blame myself, now. Its very easy to get tunnel vision and die. I love brawling and the brawling is more epic with more dudes. GIVE ME MOAR TARGETS!

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

TerminalBlue posted:

There's 100+ active goons with 20-30 playing on any given night. The game hasn't changed at all, there was just a resurgence before the transverse stuff happened. If you liked the game pre-poptarting, you'll probably like it now.

e: In all fairness to Kaz, 12 v 12 became way more bearable once they changed the grouping restrictions to what they are now.

OptimusWang fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 28, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also, I've only seen two poptarts in over 300 games played since coming back.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

WebDO posted:

And now you're pretty much caught up on everything in this thread.

Ah, okay. I'm sure glad that I'm resistant to video game Stockholm Syndrome. I think after goon exodus I reloaded the game once(if only to ogle my hilarious amount of unused MC), played a match, and was like 'welp, okay' then uninstalled.

OptimusWang posted:

There's 100+ active goons with 20-30 playing on any given night. The game hasn't changed at all, there was just a resurgence before the transverse stuff happened. If you liked the game pre-poptarting, you'll probably like it now.

As far as I'm concerned the game is worse than it was before pop tarting, so even having eliminated that it comes out as a net negative.

Meh. I had my fun with the game way back in the day so I'll just leave it at that and move on besides occasionally laughing at PGI.

TerminalBlue fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 28, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Like, 6 rounds in a row earlier our lance had 75% of our teams kills and Riper had a 1200 damage round in his new cbills DW. Half the time I was able to top damage in my DDC.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kazvall posted:

Thanks Anders! Don't go killing yourself, buddy.

We agreed that it didn't count as "playing" the game :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Chronojam posted:

We agreed that it didn't count as "playing" the game :v:

That's smart considering that actual dying over roberts is worse than buying/playing them.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

I spent $240 on Clan Mechs. Please kill me.

Just so you know. You don't ever get to complain about the state the game is in or anything at all that PGI promises and then doesn't deliver.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WarLocke posted:

I'm not sure that second sentence means what you think it means. :eng99:

I'm bad at typing :(

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

How about Clan Tin Bucks?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Clan Camel Toad.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Kazvall posted:

Clan Camel Toad.

Clan Camel Turd.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Durendal posted:

How about Clan Tin Bucks?

When it fills up we can have Clan Tin Bucks Too :rimshot:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Clan AF4.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Kazvall posted:

Like, 6 rounds in a row earlier our lance had 75% of our teams kills and Riper had a 1200 damage round in his new cbills DW. Half the time I was able to top damage in my DDC.

To be fair, it was 2 direwolves running 4uac5 with lasers, your ddc, and Banano with the firestarter.

But yeah, that strong of like, 7 matches where we killed at least 2 people per assault was funny.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Clan gently caress Goons

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Clan Americium Eagle

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Clan Blue Barracudas would be legendary :haw:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Literally Esoteric posted:

Clan Americium Eagle

clan combover eagle

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Clan Transversal Dodo

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Clan :parrot:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Clan Incestuous Kerenskys

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Clan Canon Kakapo

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Random Number posted:

To be fair, it was 2 direwolves running 4uac5 with lasers, your ddc, and Banano with the firestarter.

But yeah, that strong of like, 7 matches where we killed at least 2 people per assault was funny.

Just tried that dire wolf build, it's ridiculous. It chews right through everything.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Clan Otherkin

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Clan Atomic Dog

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Clan Weed Poop Frog

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Kazvall posted:

Also, I've only seen two poptarts in over 300 games played since coming back.

That is because of the jumpjet nerfs, before that sniping and poptarting got worse with 12v12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I think this explains why so many are so mad. You dumbfucks spent shitloads. I dropped 15 bucks mostly out of guilt for playing a lot and have more than gotten value for money. Mostly due to alcoholic or drugged up goons on Mumble rather than the game itself mind you.

But I have extreme issues giving real money for virtual things, especially given how online games live and die. ( I miss you City of Heroes.)

Folks can do as they wish with their presumably hard earned cash but fuckin ell! Them gold mech folks could have given to charity and really made a bit of a difference as opposed to shiny robot that will go away whenever the game finally dies off/ Paul spends too much on coke and hookers, both to eventually be fed to pigs.

But I rarely spend more than 20 bucks a game for physical titles, even rare ones. I might be in the wrong here.

But on to other topics. I have given my Boomjager a standard engine. It has dropped from 81 kph down to 63 with speed tweak. Yet I find myself becoming a lot more survivable also in spite of removing AMS and only having 15/16 shots for my AC 20s.

Ammo amounts and XL engines. For non clan mechs what do people like?

• Locked thread