Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Every Michigan opponent the rest of the season should give Hoke a parting gift as part of his farewell tour. You know, like Derek Jeter. Speaking of Jeter.......he's a Michigan Man.....maybe they should hire him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU wins! 2-2, 1-0 in the MWC West Division.

Yay.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zoran posted:

You MUST beat Florida State. Don't let us all down.

FSU has been trolling pretty hard this season.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
SMU is loving bad and I dont think they will win a game this year. They pretty much quit after TCU scored and you can tell that only a few players cared while the others were just trying to get the game over with.

Also the Big 10 is bad and confusing.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

every posted:

Other forums talking about playoff chances for a 1-loss Mizzou.

1-loss Mizzou.

I'm not impressed with Mauk. He had a couple nice throws at the end of the game, but he looked horrible for about 90% of it and our defense is not exactly a fearsome unit (although our scheme and execution was much, much better than it has been this season). Maybe it was just an off game for him, but Missouri seems like a high variance team -- which is the same thing you can say about all East teams, really.

However, by virtue of not starting their conference schedule until Week 5, Missouri is currently in the driver's seat in the division. We'll see if that holds.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 28, 2014

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

every posted:

Other forums talking about playoff chances for a 1-loss Mizzou.

1-loss Mizzou.

Are they like, trying to calculate the odds of meteorites striking Tallahasse, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Eugene, Columbus, Waco, and Norman? Cause like, those are probably shorter odds than Mizzou winning out anyway.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Right now I'm pretty sure any West team can beat any East team. So no, there will be no playoffs for one loss Mizzou.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

They always go nuts against us! We made Mike Glennon look like loving Joe Montana.

Ooooh dear. That doesn't look great.
Sbnation just put up an article on it (I'm on mobile right now and cant quite link it) and the clip of the broadcast pretty much makes Brady Hoke's career hang on what Shane's diagnosis is.

But I mean, Bowden, O'LEARY and Kelly killed players before so maybe he'll bounce back from it

Edit: Also you link it. Thanks

Hoke post game http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W40WnaUpiBk

It shouldn't matter if he was actually concussed. If he's showing signs of one you get him the gently caress off the field and don't let him anywhere near it again until he's undergone tests. If all Hoke was guilty of was losing games I'd say let him coach out the year. But he is now an actual danger to the kids he is supposed to be in charge of. He should have been fired in the goddamn locker room.

In Iowa news Purdue is really really really loving bad. That's the worst I've seen ou defense make a QB look since 2009 against Mike Scott, and the 09 defense was an all timer loaded with future draft picks (5 of them on just the dline). Our offense sucked rear end in the first but looked good in the second half. Biggest issue in the first seemed to be drops. And while I appreciate Beathard's commitment to being the Stanzi to Rudock's Christensen, I could do without the hideous pick 6s. Its possible this is the only comfortable win I see all year though so I'm gonna enjoy it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I mean it's technically possible that the teams they play all poo poo their pants worse than Mizzou does and they take their poopy undies to an SEC title, but, lol

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Raku posted:

Right now I'm pretty sure any West team can beat any East team. So no, there will be no playoffs for one loss Mizzou.

Ehh... I wouldn't be so confident in Arkansas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Real talk I have no idea who is gonna come out of the MWC West division, and the MWC Mountain division is gonna be a slugfest between Boise and Nevada

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Official attendance for the Michigan game was 102,926. For those who saw the game, just how much of an overestimate was that?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Official attendance for the Michigan game was 102,926. For those who saw the game, just how much of an overestimate was that?

It might be the actual paid attendance, since Brandon had corporate donors buying up blocks of tickets (like Coke). Paid attendance is what they announce. There were also ticket holders that stayed home.

Actual butts in seats may have been closer to about 85,000 or so.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

That seems about right. There was a huge chunk of the student section that was empty. But other than that it was pretty full.

In the 4th quarter? Not so much.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hoke should be fired immediately for putting one of his kids in danger but since that won't happen he should at least be punished by the big ten with a suspension or something. It's appalling that no one stopped Morris from going back in the game.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

alpha_destroy posted:

Ehh... I wouldn't be so confident in Arkansas.

They're good against the run, which is all Georgia has, so...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Coaches Poll

code:
1.  Alabama
2.  Florida State
3.  Oklahoma
4.  Oregon
5.  Auburn
6.  Baylor
7.  Texas A&M
8.  Notre Dame
9.  UCLA
10. Michigan State
11. Ole Miss
12. Georgia
13. Stanford
14. Mississippi State
15. LSU
16. Wisconsin
17. Nebraska
18. Ohio State
19. BYU
20. USC
21. East Carolina
22. Kansas State
23. Oklahoma State
24. Arizona State
25. TCU

Others Receiving Votes
 Missouri 83; South Carolina 82; Clemson 81; Arizona 59; Marshall 49; 
GeorgiaTech 39; Washington 10; Louisville 8; Duke 7; North Carolina 7; 
Arkansas 5; Iowa 3; Minnesota 3; Cincinnati 1; Texas 1; West Virginia 1.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Fire Hoke cause drat, that kid was concussed and that was atrocious letting him stay in the game. Much less letting him go back in.

Vols could have won the game at UGA, but not quite there yet on the offensive line. To still score 32 is encouraging though given the past few years where they couldn't stop anyone and couldn't score. I feel good they should beat UF next weekend, but there is some bad mojo there given how badly they always lose to them over the past decade.

Hokies, umm, I dunno team is still a mystery capable of being really good and also really awful all within the span of 60 minutes. I know we are young, but the consistency has to start gelling soon or there is no way we are better than 7-5. And I bet that 7-5 looks like all of 20 points away from 9-3. UNC looks like trash though, so heres hoping we snuff them out in Chapel Hill and get back into the Coastal race cause there is still hope the defense can be good. The offense just needs to get out of its own way; run the ball like the 2nd half and Brewer needs to get back to throwing the ball away instead of doing Brett Favre impressions.

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Yeah, eyeballing it I'd have guessed around 90,000 yesterday. The AD is announcing the number of tickets that leave their hands basically, including thousands that are being dumped to local businesses and charities.

Re: Hoke and his incompetence, if you watch the video, the ref yells to the sideline "Do you want a timeout, coach?", basically giving the oaf an out but Hoke was too stupid to grab the life preserver. Michigan finished the game with all 3 TOs, btw.

He's just impossibly over his head but I bet anything he finishes the year, despite the mountain of negative press he's piling up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thoguh posted:

Coaches Poll

code:
1.  Alabama
2.  Florida State
3.  Oklahoma
4.  Oregon
5.  Auburn
6.  Baylor
7.  Texas A&M
8.  Notre Dame
9.  UCLA
10. Michigan State
11. Ole Miss
12. Georgia
13. Stanford
14. Mississippi State
15. LSU
16. Wisconsin
17. Nebraska
18. Ohio State
19. BYU
20. USC
21. East Carolina
22. Kansas State
23. Oklahoma State
24. Arizona State
25. TCU

Others Receiving Votes
 Missouri 83; South Carolina 82; Clemson 81; Arizona 59; Marshall 49; 
GeorgiaTech 39; Washington 10; Louisville 8; Duke 7; North Carolina 7; 
Arkansas 5; Iowa 3; Minnesota 3; Cincinnati 1; Texas 1; West Virginia 1.

Lol at Texas receiving a vote. Whichever coach voted for them should have his vote taken away.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Maybe Kansas should do something completely radical and hire a thin or even average-sized coach.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Virginia Tech scored 8 seconds into the game and it was never really in doubt after, even if it was kind of boring. They need to run the dang ball more, basically.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

R.D. Mangles posted:

Maybe Kansas should do something completely radical and hire a thin or even average-sized coach.

But I understand, he was very forgettable.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well, there should be another overweight coach who treats his players badly available soon. They should just hold on a bit.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Nooooo Bama noooo

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

RumbleFish posted:

I'm not impressed with Mauk. He had a couple nice throws at the end of the game, but he looked horrible for about 90% of it and our defense is not exactly a fearsome unit (although our scheme and execution was much, much better than it has been this season). Maybe it was just an off game for him, but Missouri seems like a high variance team -- which is the same thing you can say about all East teams, really.

However, by virtue of not starting their conference schedule until Week 5, Missouri is currently in the driver's seat in the division. We'll see if that holds.

Our offensive line wasn't doing him any favors these last 2 games but yeah, he has pretty poor decision-making skills and his accuracy is nowhere near as good as I thought it was. He's only a redshirt sophomore though so hopefully it's something that improves with time. Of note is that we also don't have our gargantuan receiver corps anymore, since dudes like L'Damian Washington and Marcus Lucas graduated and DGB was a huge retard.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Raku posted:

They're good against the run, which is all Georgia has, so...

Wait, are we arguing that every team in the West could beat every team in the East or every team in the West would/should beat every team in the East? Cause if it is could that is really low bar actually. I mean, upsets happen.

edit: Of course the West is miles better than the East. But I am not sure every west team is better than every east team.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State coved the spread against Baylor. Which is basically like a win.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Also, for anyone who watched the NU/Penn State game, Matt Harris, the dude who got stretchered off after getting annihilated by Hackenberg, is fine.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Josh Lyman posted:

just prior to the national anthem

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Also, for anyone who watched the NU/Penn State game, Matt Harris, the dude who got stretchered off after getting annihilated by Hackenberg, is fine.

Good. That was really scary, dude looked out cold the second the hit happened and it took like 15 minutes to get him off the field

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

alpha_destroy posted:

Wait, are we arguing that every team in the West could beat every team in the East or every team in the West would/should beat every team in the East? Cause if it is could that is really low bar actually. I mean, upsets happen.

edit: Of course the West is miles better than the East. But I am not sure every west team is better than every east team.

I'd put the worst west (Arky) vs best east (Georgia) at like 50/50 tbh. I view the Razorbacks with nothing but scorn but Georgia is just so good at letting its fans down, they're better at that than Bielema is at being awful.

Also hahahahahaha roll goddamn tide (we look a lot better than FSU though).

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Also it was loving disgusting to see Hoke's response when someone pointed out to him that Morris looked concussed that Morris is a "competitive kid" and "if he didn't want to be the quarterback he would have stayed down"

Yeah because if football players are known for one thing it certainly isn't trying to play through injuries

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Roasted Donut posted:

Good. That was really scary, dude looked out cold the second the hit happened and it took like 15 minutes to get him off the field

He's totally fine? Cool. I thought he was seriously injured.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Glad we are out of the #1 spot but it really should be OK or Oregon as #1.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Iowa and Kansas should form a frat like club for Big XII losers and go on wacky hijinks

Agenda:

1) Kick out Baylor
2) Haze new pledges Tech and Texas.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Raku posted:

I'd put the worst west (Arky) vs best east (Georgia) at like 50/50 tbh. I view the Razorbacks with nothing but scorn but Georgia is just so good at letting its fans down, they're better at that than Bielema is at being awful.

Also hahahahahaha roll goddamn tide (we look a lot better than FSU though).

Okay that is more reasonable, but I still kind of disagree. I think the East is just doing a better job of beating itself up early than the West is. It's still kind of early. I think by the end of the year it will turn out there were actually one or two mediocre teams hiding in the West.

Edit: Except Mizzou got beat up by a bottom feeder from B1G, but still.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 28, 2014

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Thoguh posted:

gently caress the overrated SEC West. Baylor and Oklahoma both are top four teams.

Oklahoma has proven itself time and again at the top levels of competition. When Baylor went to the BCS last season, they let UCF hang 52 points on them in a loss. They're good, but I'm not yet convinced that they're at the very top.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

We're number 2 in the coaches poll noooo.

Ahh well. Notre Dame seems like our last roadblock til the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Linguica posted:

just prior to the national anthem

What does it sound like to have over 100,000 people boo your coach?

• Locked thread