Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

BUT...
     THE KEWPUH REFUSED
          TO CHANGE.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Third World Reggin posted:

but why does wow have motorcycles

engineers could make a boss hog in wrath

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

deadtear posted:

yeah i think getting people to sub and stay subbed is more important than them tracking

Honestly most people are on private servers now because 15 bucks a month isn't something that's attractive to them. Most of the large private servers are all more active than their live counterparts. Like this isn't even a secret thing anymore, there are massive groups of people behind these. They had to move out of country with a few of them to avoid legal troubles.

I'm kind of hoping that Diablo becomes Blizzards big title again, because they fixed the poo poo and brought the game to consoles. It's their only series with a growing user base.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 28, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Taint Reaper posted:

Honestly most people are on private servers

This is a ridiculous thing to say even by Taint Reaper standards.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'd be interested to see just how many people are playing on private servers if there's ever a way to do an actual census, but yeah it's not even remotely close to WoW's playerbase now, let alone exceeding it.

Most of the people who quit WoW just... quit WoW.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Asimo posted:

I'd be interested to see just how many people are playing on private servers if there's ever a way to do an actual census, but yeah it's not even remotely close to WoW's playerbase now, let alone exceeding it.

Most of the people who quit WoW just... quit WoW.

I should clarify, I meant server activity. IIRC The Dalaran Wrath servers have a few thousand people compared to most live servers which are averaging 500.

But yeah you're right most people just quit wow and never go back.

I think the US server population is around 2-3 million in total for the live servers. Personally speaking though everyone who I knew played the game quit it.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 28, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, that's probably fair. WoW's never done server merges have they? Since they know it will game the game look weak, however necessary it would be.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Asimo posted:

Yeah, that's probably fair. WoW's never done server merges have they? Since they know it will game the game look weak, however necessary it would be.

They did a quasi merge with server groups all being poured into one mega server making sure that if you're on a PVP server you're not even getting out of the starting zone or being able to quest.

And forget about rare spawns, they're so heavily contested I'm surprised they have not decided to rework the mechanics so they're group tag drops.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it would be nice if they completely revamped starcraft two for the final expansion

not going to happen though

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I kind of want Starcraft 3 to be Valkyria Chronicles with space marines.

Or atleast the next non WoW Warcraft game since the movie is coming up. Combine Brutal legend and Valkyria Chronicles.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

deadtear posted:

engineers could make a boss hog in wrath

lol I never even played burning crusade wow is dumb

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

I tend to use this site to get those numbers but I think the idea of a free item is to get more people back and keep them back.

but why does wow have motorcycles

it's like someone plotted out all the trajectories of my gimped kerbal designs

there's even the freak accident competent design preparing for a safe landing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here are my kerbal trajectories

basically matrix online

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

it's like someone plotted out all the trajectories of my gimped kerbal designs

there's even the freak accident competent design preparing for a safe landing

That big drop in the east was when China shut down Warcraft and a bunch of players in fully decked out gear all went to under city to lay their characters to rest in a tomb.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This off site forum owns.

How hard is it to stop owning yourselves.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i got 2 lfr soo daggers finally and enchanted + upgraded them max and went up 40k dps from my 483 = 489 daggers

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
idk what that drama bs is about

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

stoutfish posted:

it would be nice if they completely revamped starcraft two for the final expansion

not going to happen though

protoss has been dumb for 4 years and its not changing now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol these people have no idea what made their threads get gassed

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

i got 2 lfr soo daggers finally and enchanted + upgraded them max and went up 40k dps from my 483 = 489 daggers

nice. i wanted to get some gear on my other characters but i have the absolute worst luck with lfr. i also dont like how lfr is designed right now where it's basically yet another version of the same content on the gear treadmill.

for those unfamiliar, heres basically how you get geared on a fresh 90 in wow:
do timeless isle -> do siege LFR -> do siege flex -> do siege normal -> do siege heroic

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Widestancer posted:

Lol these people have no idea what made their threads get gassed

Hebephilia?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

for those unfamiliar, heres basically how you get geared on a fresh 90 in wow:
do timeless isle -> do siege LFR -> do siege flex -> do siege normal -> do siege heroic

None of that sounds like fun.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dan will never be married. If it happens, it means there is another person out there that is a black hole of humanity and weird food stories and once they become entwined the universe will implode.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

The Taint Reaper posted:

None of that sounds like fun.

its dumb but hopefully itll be better in wod

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

what is this poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good work Widestancer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I don't see Kewpuh's sticky for no AA threads anymore in MMO HMO

It would be a shame if imps made a thread :(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

Hello there.

So we apparently had a problem a few days ago with regards to what is acceptable in todays society when it comes to young girls. Normally, everyone would come to the agreed upon conclusion that a dude did something hosed up and would be removed from our community with no qualms or issues with it. For some loving reason, theres a contingent of goons that don't agree and feel the need to voice that disagreement when it comes to said young girls. I really hate to break this to you, but your poo poo is going to get trolled all to hell when this poo poo happens. It's going to get trolled loving ruthlessly and I'm going to let it happen because it *needs* to happen.

Unfortunately, when this happens, the defenders of said gentleman that takes advantage of a very young girl lack the mental capacity required of self reflection and post poo poo like this:

I've been told that the people in power of Goon Squad, BobFromMarketings old guild, have apologized for their brief lapse in judgment. I've been told that they now realize the error in their ways that what that dude did is loving disgusting and there is literally 0 loving excuse to ever try to defend it. Even if you're really loving old and try to use some kind of idiot semantics argument about "well in the old days this was normal you see and accepted as well so anyways bring back slavery", you were wrong and dumb so don't get bent out of shape when you get trolled.

This is more words than I really cared to post about a loving MMO video game that *WILL* die in a span of a 6 months or less because lets face it guys, MMOs aren't really setting the world on fire anymore. I just want to leave with this though: I feel like we've got rid of the dude from the forums, and the forums are all I care about in this situation. This thread is for you to talk about the game, maybe organize some poo poo even though you already have offsite forums, and whatever game related. This thread isn't for your wacky hosed up opinions about a creepy dude and why what he did was acceptable in medieval times. If you don't have lovely views on things, you won't get trolled. This is a fact of life.

LMAO at anyone who thinks that's threadshitting.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
ArcheAge's end game is competing with 200 other players to get mob tags to get one of 6 different drops. You need 2800 of these drops to fill your 4 weapon slots. Half the time other players can also kill you while you're trying to achieve this task.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

This is so good

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
e: im retarded and glossed over the fact kewpuh already got quoted

it is a good post

i like how it simultaneously explains the situation and stops the thread from owning itself again and theyre calling it poo poo. lmfao

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Minrad posted:

it is a good post

i like how it simultaneously explains the situation and stops the thread from owning itself again and theyre calling it poo poo. lmfao

I hope they don't own themselves again.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Machai posted:

Dan will never be married. If it happens, it means there is another person out there that is a black hole of humanity and weird food stories and once they become entwined the universe will implode.

this isnt the ryckert thread

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Unguided posted:

LMAO

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Minrad posted:

it is a good post

Im so goddamn impressed at how powerfully that group continues to own themselves. Its spectacular.

Dec 26, 2012

Unguided posted:

Pomp posted:

How hard is it to stop owning yourselves.

harder than i thought apparently

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My report button is locked and loaded.

*blows on monitor*

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Unguided posted:

"No, gently caress YOU, dad" *repeatedly bashes head against a stone wall* "YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm just glad that people can post about a game they enjoy again. I know I'm stoked to post about games and gaming related topics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
whats with all this drama poo poo

• Locked thread