Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I want to do a Ginyu Force team but I can't find any good Ginyu portraits :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Fintilgin posted:

I posted how I did it near the end of page 77. :)

Awesome thanks.

Does anyone know if it breaks anything? I was thinking of adding maybe one more character.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I just finished the game, clocked in at 57 hours. Overall awesome but most of L.A. was hugely underdeveloped and it's clear they had to rush it. As the game progressed there were fewer and fewer text descriptions for new areas, dialogue was more condensed, quests weaker and easily breakable, generic traders and healers were everywhere, etc. Hopefully they'll be able to add some content and polish it up further post-release, but even if they don't the game blew way past my expectations. Most of the time I felt like I was playing an instant classic. inXile did great work and I'm very happy that I backed it. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Prison area question, I'm attempting to enter the prison and I've gotten the tread from the robot from damonta, didn't activate the repeater after saving the town, disarmed the titan and came back to deal with the prison, the robot was activated set to inorganic targets and blew up the turrets, but the mines are still there and can't be blown up or disabled with 10 demolitions, I don't know what else I can do but go and start the repeater.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
OK, I feel like a complete moron but is there really not a minimap, and is there really not any way to zoom in on the Log Screen map? Come on, Fargo, get your team in line!

Can't wait until next year when someone releases a big mod pack that basically makes this a brand new game.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Okay, I'm not a number cruncher so I don't have hard facts for you, but I rerolled again for an Ag Center first run without using luck as a dump stat and the game is 10x easier.

I'm hit way, way less. It seems I can just walk through encounters that were previously tough.

Not to mention better loot and all kinds of critical successes on super difficult skill challenges.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Highpool question: I had a tied vote for Mayor. I went and cleared out some Wreckers, healed some folks but apparently because I freed Vulture Cry Sean Bergin won a landslide the second vote. Should I start over, or is it OK to not be liked in Highpool?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

precision posted:

OK, I feel like a complete moron but is there really not a minimap, and is there really not any way to zoom in on the Log Screen map? Come on, Fargo, get your team in line!

Can't wait until next year when someone releases a big mod pack that basically makes this a brand new game.

A way to mark stuff on a map would be awesome too, Damonta is just a gray blob, I have to look for previously found locations by scrolling around on the normal map screen, the actual map is pretty useless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ZombieLenin posted:

Okay, I'm not a number cruncher so I don't have hard facts for you, but I rerolled again for an Ag Center first run without using luck as a dump stat and the game is 10x easier.

I'm hit way, way less. It seems I can just walk through encounters that were previously tough.

Not to mention better loot and all kinds of critical successes on super difficult skill challenges.

Weird, because I restarted and used Luck as a dump stat for every single character and the game is much easier than my first start - and I'm using basically the same weapons and weapon skill levels as my first start, the only differences are in non-combat skills and the fact that I paid attention to CI this time. :iiam:

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I only just started the game and don't want to read any spoilers - I heard about a supply cache just south of the Ranger Citadel, but I can't find it. Are they randomized or gone in the final version? I've basically run loops around the Oasis that's supposed to be nearby, but no dice.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Luebbi posted:

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I only just started the game and don't want to read any spoilers - I heard about a supply cache just south of the Ranger Citadel, but I can't find it. Are they randomized or gone in the final version? I've basically run loops around the Oasis that's supposed to be nearby, but no dice.

All the ones I've found are in radioactive areas, they sell level 2 gear outside the rangers, high level stuff is linked to story unlocks.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hidden caches are everywhere, mostly on the very edge of the map and in radiation clouds.
Since oases don't deplete anymore, explore as much as you like once you bought the shoddy rad suit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Luebbi posted:

You need to have higher perception or higher outdoorsman probably. If you don't want to be spoiled its pretty much directly south of Ranger Center near where the mountain range on the west ends.

There's a picture of all the ones known (and map locations in general) from the beta here: (as far as I know Arizona didn't really change much)

Funny thing is Shrines (in Arizona) are basically completely useless now since the best of them give at most a single skillpoint or some paltry XP amount instead of attribute points.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is outdoorsman used to detect things on the map? Or is it perception?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Outdoorsman increases your radar's radius IIRC.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Has anyone found even a single active use of Outdoorsman if you choose Highpool?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm not sure Outdoorsman and Perception really have active uses anymore. I remember in the early stages of the beta spamming Perception gave fuckloads of XP, but I have yet to get anything out of pressing the button instead of just letting the passive perception check do its thing.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Only use I ever found for outdoorsman in Arizona was in Ag center, and that wasn't stellar either.

On a different topic, what companions does everyone generally bring along?

For the start, Angie and then whoever you pick up in Ag or Highpool seem to be the best options. After that, I really like to bring Scotchmo because he's fun and the only guy who doesn't make me feel like an rear end for missing shots. In my current replay, I'm stuck deciding whether I might want to replace Angie early since she's going to stay in AZ anyway. I don't like Ralphy, not just because of his 3 int and lovely AP, but also because he's just a kid. Chisel at least has better combat stats and is a more interesting character, but drat son, 2 int? They didn't have to make so many character so lovely really, at least could've given them proper builds without wasting points in uneven attributes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If you want something fun to happen bring (endgame spoiler) Lexicanum to the final fight against Mattias, he'll get rewritten like the other Evolved and you'll have to kill him.

How many characters can you recruit in the second part of the game? I only got Pistol Pete, and the two guys that come once you put transponders in Angel Oracle and Rodia, any others?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 28, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So apparently you can't turn in the "take out the Wrecking Crew base" quest if you've already pissed off Sean and free'd the prisoner. :sigh:

To be fair, it was probably worth it since that NPC went up on a roof and one-shotted every enemy in the base from across the map. :v:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

If you want something fun to happen bring (endgame spoiler) Lexicanum to the final fight against Mattias, he'll get rewritten like the other Evolved and you'll have to kill him.

I loving knew it. He sounded like a bad idea from the start I tell you!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Same with Rose. :( I tried to keep them both alive but my NPC allies ganged up on them. Ending slides gave them both honorable burials at least.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

precision posted:

So apparently you can't turn in the "take out the Wrecking Crew base" quest if you've already pissed off Sean and free'd the prisoner. :sigh:

To be fair, it was probably worth it since that NPC went up on a roof and one-shotted every enemy in the base from across the map. :v:

Go see Kate Preston in the mayor office, that'll end the quest.

Glare Seethe posted:

Same with Rose. :( I tried to keep them both alive but my NPC allies ganged up on them. Ending slides gave them both honorable burials at least.

I haven't met this character but there was nothing to be done anyway since the AI wiped them clean, they are only puppets at this point, like Mattias.

Where do you find Rose?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 28, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think if the bottom level for skill points from intelligence wasn't so low a lot fewer characters would be poo poo. As it is some guys have to gain three to five levels before they can increase a single skill.

That said, of the companions I've met I really like Chisel. He amuses me and does pretty great damage, even if he's a bit dumb; his hard rear end skill in particular has helped out more than once already. Vulture's Cry is proving a fantastic sniper and her outdoorsman skill makes wandering the wasteland a lot less tedious. The mutant Pizepi(sp?) has been a boon both for her high conversation skill and excellent energy weapon rating. Right now I'm taking Ralphy for a spin and he's exploding people with his fists and dynamite like a champ.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is it true you can let both Ag Center and Highpool go to poo poo? Does it involve doing Rail Nomads first?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Damonta spoilers Where is that plane with the stash? Red died to robots and there's a big airliner I can't find the door to. Also, where is Minh? I feel like I've wander all around this place to no avail.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Damonta spoilers Where is that plane with the stash? Red died to robots and there's a big airliner I can't find the door to. Also, where is Minh? I feel like I've wander all around this place to no avail.

I don't know about the plane, but Minh is in the airfield's hangar.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The stash is actually at silo 7

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Long shot, but I'm trying to fix a bugged quest via some clever editing. Looking for a save file from someone that keeps a lot of backups like I do. Spoilers: Early California

I need a save file where the microscope was successfully requested (not stolen) from Angel Oracle. Best-case scenario would be that you have requested it back after curing Rodia and it's in you're inventory, but I'll make due with whatever I can get

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

I haven't met this character but there was nothing to be done anyway since the AI wiped them clean, they are only puppets at this point, like Mattias.

Where do you find Rose?

At the Ag Center. I didn't do Highpool so likewise have no idea who Kate Preston or the Wrecking Crew are. Plenty of content for a replay a few patches down the line.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Psykmoe posted:

Can't you just talk to them? The yelling goats from the Prison area got old immediately but just clicking on them gave me the option to "Dismiss my animal companion."

Yeah but I want my luck boost. :(

For the animals that just give stat boosts, is there any reason to carry more than one of them?

Oh yeah, almost forgot that the first dog I recruited valiantly tried to attack some Wreckers and got murdered. :( RIP dog who I don't think had a name, you were born a mere dog but died a Desert Ranger.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

I thought the same thing, but then I went to go talk to the Mayor and she acknowledged it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UberJumper posted:

Is outdoorsman used to detect things on the map? Or is it perception?

I believe outdoorsman just allows you avoid wasteful map encounters, perception increases you map view range.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
On the prison outskirts, is there any way to save Anne Hegadus, or is this just a grim meathook kick-you-in-the-nads quest that there isn't supposed to be any 'good' outcome for?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Roobanguy posted:

The stash is actually at silo 7

Not sure if you need Red alive or if you need really high perception to find it, it's basically a crack in the canyon wall in the outer part of Silo 7, I found it by taking the left hand path Further Spoilers If you search the whole plane you'll find a recently used locker with a screw driver inside, use it on each grate until you find the ones with the loose screws.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zephro posted:

On the prison outskirts, is there any way to save Anne Hegadus, or is this just a grim meathook kick-you-in-the-nads quest that there isn't supposed to be any 'good' outcome for?

The latter. People were saying that the husband would come back during one of the betas with the medicine after you did the deed for an additional nut punch but I guess that was cut.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The latter. People were saying that the husband would come back during one of the betas with the medicine after you did the deed for an additional nut punch but I guess that was cut.

She's not actually dying, she just has the itus from eating too much soul food.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

did I just kill a small army of deathclaws honey badgers, using up half my explosives, in exchange for a 20% discount on Snake Squeezins? is this a joke

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well, also a lot of experience. If you negotiated a peaceful resolution with the hobos (bring Scotchmo) you can get a 50% discount!

If you bring them Juniper berries you found in a toaster you can get Special Squeezin's which apply some kind of buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
honey badger don't care

• Locked thread