Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Burkion posted:

We have a Koos-must mean Homestuck draws near my friends.

Now let's hope SmugTroll gets her blue and gray face punched in. And maybe Jake's non brain damaged self can do some poo poo.

El Kooserino is pretty much the best. He bought me 999 and Virtue's Last Reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

I couldn't even get excited by the prospect of Homestuck today because in the last year I realized how lovely it is once i got out from the torrent of updates

Same.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Burkion posted:

We have a Koos-must mean Homestuck draws near my friends.

Now let's hope SmugTroll gets her blue and gray face punched in. And maybe Jake's non brain damaged self can do some poo poo.

Hopefully Jake is actually a decent character now. He is my least favourite by a wide margin.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Milli posted:

He is my least favourite by a wide margin.

Does this list of the characters include Eridan.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

RZApublican posted:

And Cronus.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

at least cronus is hilariously awful. jake is just insufferably irritating.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

RZApublican posted:

Cronus is the shittiest and vilest character in the entire comic, and Eridan is a guy everyone loves to hate because he went on that dramatic killing spree and is also such a creeper, but Cronus was only around for like two weeks before we never saw him again and Jake's gotten a ton more screen time than Eridan ever did.

So that's why Jake's a worse character. He's so bad that all of the other characters he was capable of interacting with obsessed with him, and their obsessions made them worse characters, and everyone obsessing over this kid with a sadbrain caught the entire comic in a gravity well of his mundane poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just want resolution on the situation with Terezi already. What happened to her at right before the pause is still the most hosed up thing in all of Homestuck and it's been bothering me for a year now, drat.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Eridan and Cronus at least had funny moments, even if it was just in a "wow these guys are so pathetic" way.
I can't think of a time Jake was actually funny, interesting or anything. He just seems to dither, causing the story to dither with him.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Jake was funny when he was on Murder Island being chased by Lusii and Dirkbot. And he lets a lot of other characters be hysterical in response to him, like Jane, Ghost Brain Dirk, Caliborn and Erisolsprite. He's not a very funny or interesting guy by himself but other characters bounce off him in nice ways.

Regy Rusty posted:

I just want resolution on the situation with Terezi already. What happened to her at right before the pause is still the most hosed up thing in all of Homestuck and it's been bothering me for a year now, drat.

For me, Gamzee will always be the worst character. Not because he's a bad character tho, objectively he's a great villain, but because I loving hate him the worst and he's the person whose actions bother me the most. Though that time Caliborn made Jane cry was pretty bad too. But still, Cronus is a creepy scumlord, but Gamzee actively ruined Terezi's life.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 28, 2014

Martini Mice-Cream
Feb 17, 2011
About Gamzee, it would really bother me if he got any kind of redemption arc after all the poo poo that happened.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Hey, Koos. I'm glad you're back in the Homestuck thread.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

On one hand, what we've heard about Pages and Aranea's treatment of Jake implies that Hussie has something in store for him.
On the other hand, it would be just like Hussie to imply a possibility of improvement for a character only for it to lead to nothing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The general consensus on Gamzee is gently caress Gamzee.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Did Hussie break up with his SA forums gf?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I mean, not that I know of? But I haven't been e-stalking him, so I guess I wouldn't know if they did?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

net cafe scandal posted:

Did Hussie break up with his SA forums gf?

...what brought this question up?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Burkion posted:

...what brought this question up?

Maybe net cafe scandal's on the market and has a thing for mediocre comic writers?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Maybe net cafe scandal's on the market and has a thing for mediocre comic writers?

OK not going to lie, I had to check the guy's name before I read that correctly. At first I thought there was some weird tabloid rag out there about internet celebs, and was very worried.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Cool I guess I'll be reading my first live Homestuck update soon. Or maybe it will be less 'cool' and more 'excruciating', depending on the update schedule.

I hope Terezi will be okay. :ohdear:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This recent news is most pleasing.

Open the floodgates Hussie. It's been....a while. :rms:

And I still love Gamzee.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 28, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

After a year of uncertainty, we will immediately resume with Gamzee punting Terezi into the magma. But then Jane'll just bring her back to life after the ensuing fight so it's no biggie.

Everything left hanging kinda reminds me of how Jade was falling through the sky after Descend and people spent the whole of Hivebent wondering if she'd survive the fall or not.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm fairly sure Jake having no arc is a deliberate joke, although I'm not sure how well it was executed.

I mean, he obviously should be doing things on his own, but instead he's been made into a sex object that other people obsess over and struggle to possess while forcing him to wear clothing to show off his body for poorly-justified reasons, and he puts up with it because he doesn't know that any other life is possible for him.

It's just that he's a dorky hot dude instead of a busty hot woman.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dolash posted:

After a year of uncertainty, we will immediately resume with Gamzee punting Terezi into the magma. But then Jane'll just bring her back to life after the ensuing fight so it's no biggie

Well, the intermission (the actual plot) ended, so I suspect we'll return to the next act (Caliborn and maybe John)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm fairly sure Jake having no arc is a deliberate joke, although I'm not sure how well it was executed.

I mean, he obviously should be doing things on his own, but instead he's been made into a sex object that other people obsess over and struggle to possess while forcing him to wear clothing to show off his body for poorly-justified reasons, and he puts up with it because he doesn't know that any other life is possible for him.

It's just that he's a dorky hot dude instead of a busty hot woman.
Jake as the damsel in distress... Is this female misogyny done backwards?

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
I want to see the end. You don't spend this long reading and then not see the end. Even if it's a trainwreck, you want to crawl over the twisted metal, place your ear to the wreckage and listen for survivors. It is with a morbid fascination that I wait for... the end? :|

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The...... enb?

8^y

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I kind of feel disappointed it won't be a giga update

I don't want the end to drag on and on and on and feel like it's circling a drain instead of building up to a conclusion.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Rita Repulsa posted:

I kind of feel disappointed it won't be a giga update

I don't want the end to drag on and on and on and feel like it's circling a drain instead of building up to a conclusion.
Between this and the new server, I suspect he's just trying to avoid repeating what happened with Cascade. He may even succeed.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
For you new folks, some perspective: Cascade, when it went live, took down Newgrounds, Megaupload, Justin.tv, and tumblr in a single evening, before being torrented by 3 million leeches by the time I was on it.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
So who here thinks the first page of the new update is going to be a flash page?

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

If the curtains to Caliborn's next bit could count as a flashpage then yeah.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Davinci posted:

So who here thinks the first page of the new update is going to be a flash page?
In that it will appear briefly and then vanish, yes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Flea Wars posted:

In that it will appear briefly and then vanish, yes.

Well done. :golfclap:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Plom Bar posted:

For you new folks, some perspective: Cascade, when it went live, took down Newgrounds, Megaupload, Justin.tv, and tumblr in a single evening, before being torrented by 3 million leeches by the time I was on it.

Ah, yeah, good times good times.

I do wonder how the fanbase is gonna react this time. Like, how many people have moved on? How many new readers have joined the ranks? Is readership going up or down? It's still gonna be in the millions at least, but will they still find the comic as good as they remember, or will they come back and discover the comic they thought they read is really something they just imagined, and the real deal isn't the same at all?

The fact that this thread is the only link to the Homestuck fanbase I have yet to cut myself off from is probably why I have these questions.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I do wonder how the fanbase is gonna react this time. Like, how many people have moved on? How many new readers have joined the ranks? Is readership going up or down? It's still gonna be in the millions at least, but will they still find the comic as good as they remember, or will they come back and discover the comic they thought they read is really something they just imagined, and the real deal isn't the same at all?

The fact that this thread is the only link to the Homestuck fanbase I have yet to cut myself off from is probably why I have these questions.

I spy more and more 12 year olds with troll horns on every time I go to a convention, so I can only assume that it's steady if not growing

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

a pan-out to sb&hj looking at the homestuck website and calling it a load of poo poo is the only possible acceptable ending at this point

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

If anime conventions are anything to go by, it's getting new fans all the time.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
A pan-out to hussie saying "nice a job well done" followed by

Stoat posted:

a pan-out to sb&hj looking at the homestuck website and calling it a load of poo poo is the only possible acceptable ending at this point

followed by a pan-out to dave uploading the last sb&hj comic, and his bro looking onward with his jaw hanging due to the maximum irony achieved by writing and releasing homestuck as an in-universe double-self-insert-reacharound comic written by hella jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
With trembling hands, we wind the gears on our Vriskatime clocks.

I will see this voyage to the end even if I have to eat all of your flesh to survive it.