Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Are there any companion mods that are not creepy as gently caress that have good voice acting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm on my third fresh install of Skyrim, and I really, really miss the "Megamod" projects for Oblivion and Morrowind.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

Are there any companion mods that are not creepy as gently caress that have good voice acting?

Bhruce Hammar and Hoth.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

INIGO. Get him. He's recently been updated and he is FANTASTIC!

NO seriously, grab Inigo NOW.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40960/

I don't play without him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Arissa - The Wandering Rogue is quite good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53754

I really like that as soon as you meet her, she knocks you the gently caress out. Apparently the developer of Arissa is also working on a MetroidVania-style game called Hazewalker.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 28, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
For anyone else that makes their own mods and specially works with custom worldspaces, take a look at the Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord editor and silently weep about the limitations of the Creation Kit VS the seamlessness of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obO5sbziqjM

The Creation Kit is ok, but it's so loving finicky. It's akin to trying to steer a carriage being dragged by cats, hope they upgrade it quite a fair bit for the next game they do in the engine.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
*uploads presets for character, finds new armor that looks rad on them*

I put ribs on my ribs! No, they're not human. Honest. :)

Pretty ribs. Oh, no. That's not my blood.

Bonus Dawnguard checking me out. Yeah, you wish you could kill vampires like me. :c00l:

Aww, they're hugging. :3:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bhruce Hammar is the best companion ever. He's hilarious and he has great quests associated with him.

Interesting NPCs has several new and decently voiced followers included.

The B-Team makes a bunch of cool vanilla NPCs in Skyrim into full-featured followers.

Finally, Familliar Faces lets you import your characters into other save games as followers.

Edit: If you only take one suggestion, GET BHRUCE HAMMAR.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Thirding Brhuce Hammar

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I watched a poo poo ton of Brodual videos last night seeing if there's anything really great I've overlooked. I ended up adding the Dawn of Skyrim Collection, Dynamic Things, and Civil War Overhaul. I also learned that Morrowloot 4E Edition doesn't just purge levelled lists and place higher tier armor in sensible locations like next to a chest at the end of a dungeon, which I like. It also hides pieces of armor in weird little corners and places a single set of daedric armor "scattered across the world", which I don't like. The pieces of daedric armor looks to be hidden in completely nonsensical places like in a little corner behind a pillar outside some ruin.

I was watching the Brodual "Top 10 Quest Mods" video and made the mistake of scrolling down to the comments. In them, a guy says Helgen Reborn treats you like an idiot, Falskaar is below average, and the list overall is garbage. The best quest mod, in his opinion? Something called Maids 2: Deception. He goes on to rant about how it's overlooked as a sex mod but it's actually the deepest, most engaging quest mod on Nexus and how gross all the sex stuff on Nexus is.

quote:

Again, this is all preference, though. If you enjoy simplistic adventures with an easy-to-follow plot, I guess Falskaar is the way to go. To me, this mod's story is the epitome of average (despite its ludicrous ending), but at the very least it doesn't treat you like an idiot (most of the time... more like it succumbs to typical Hollywood treatment of the main character). Helgen Reborn and Wyrmstooth, on the other hand... ugh. The former assumes you enjoy being a stooge that has never accomplished anything outside of escaping the drat city, and the latter... well the latter has you kill a dragon.

:qqsay:

e:

Maids 2 description posted:

Maids II: Deception (M2) is a script-intensive mod with 1,332 scripts.
:shepface:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 28, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Thirding Brhuce Hammar

it's lore friendly, its all CHIM and C0DA.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
You guys sold me on Inigo and Brhuce. I just wish I knew what Brhuce sounded like before I get into this.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Is there a mod to move the text from the top left side of the screen? I have no idea what it's called to even begin searching. Like when I'm buying/selling I get a bunch of "Gold (###) Removed" spam that blocks the list of items I'm buying/selling.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

FadedReality posted:

and Civil War Overhaul.

How is this? It looks p awesome

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Farecoal posted:

How is this? It looks p awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

It's cool in concept, but at least when I used it, it was buggy as hell and I abandoned that playthrough because of it.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Agents are GO! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

It's cool in concept, but at least when I used it, it was buggy as hell and I abandoned that playthrough because of it.

Aw drat it. At least I didn't start my playthrough with it yet. The author insists that any and every bug a person has with the mod are a result of not starting a new game as the Civil War stuff is very complex and starts from the moment you hit New Game :rolleyes:

Has anyone used it more recently that can comment on if its better now?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a lot better now.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Brhuce looks like a lot of fun, but I still can't get him to work. :smith: The only fix I could find on the Nexus (or here) was to reload a save next to him, and that did gently caress-all. From what I've heard he clashes pretty hard with other follower overhaul mods.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Has anybody used this guy? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39453/

I just can't get into stuff like Brhuce Hammar. Have no desire to go to space or have a follower say stuff like "waifus" (really? seriously?) Pretty much that whole weird side of TES with CHIM and all that junk is not my thing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Everything Burrito posted:

I just can't get into stuff like Brhuce Hammar. Have no desire to go to space or have a follower say stuff like "waifus" (really? seriously?) Pretty much that whole weird side of TES with CHIM and all that junk is not my thing.

Bhruce is pretty much "Trainwiz mocking nexus and lorenerds."

The "Waifus" thing is mocking followers people make that are obvious anime wankfodder. IIRC, they carry these ridiculous weapons with all these glowing spikes with the names "You Have Got To Be Kidding Me" and "Oh For God's Sake."

Also, Kraven, I'm using him fine with EFF.

Edit: Also, regarding that Dustbound character, I haven't tried him, but I do have to say I'm getting a little annoyed by all the insignificant mods that are using that dramatic Skyrim font with filters to make it look all official.

I kinda wanna make some sort of stupid mod and make a classy looking title "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: FARTWIDGET."

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 28, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit: Also, regarding that Dustbound character, I haven't tried him, but I do have to say I'm getting a little annoyed by all the insignificant mods that are using that dramatic Skyrim font with filters to make it look all official.

I kinda wanna make some sort of stupid mod and make a classy looking title "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: FARTWIDGET."

Haha yeah that's kind of silly, especially when it looks like they spent more time on their modpage graphics than the actual mod itself. I just ran across that one looking at follower mods sorted by "most endorsements" and it stood out mostly by being an old guy in a sea of waifus (speaking of which I get what Bhruce is mocking, I just don't like making my game a big joke :shobon: )

There was a video on there somewhere that had a little sample of his speech and the voice didn't seem too offensive so I might try him out on my next character.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

INIGO sounds like a great follower mod but it looks like it has a lot of compatibility problems with follower overhaul mods like EFF (which I use and am not taking out of my load order). Any thoughts on how I'd be able to fix/circumvent that?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Same. INIGO, Arissa, and Hoth seem good to me though. I'm using EFF so hopefully INIGO will work right. Bhruce seems really funny but I'd only use him on a secondary mod loadout with just goofy mods.

Yesterday I reinstalled and deleted 46 gb of mods, now I'm already back up to 60-something. Legacy of the Dragonborn is probably my favorite thing I've installed so far, but has anyone had any luck getting the booksets to display? At first I assumed maybe I needed the whole set to display any, but even those won't show up from the safe or from my inventory.

gay devil fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 28, 2014

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I tried to do Legacy of the Dragonborn - I was all excited until I realized I needed hearthfire which is the one DLC I actually don't have. Maybe I'll grab it on the next sale (I just was never into the whole "build a house" thing and most mods only required Dragonborn or Dawnguard).

Is Legacy worth buying a DLC I won't actually use?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I've never used the DLC itself but I've used a ton of mods that require it. I'd say go for it when it's on sale, it gets really cheap.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So SPERG issue. I just got the perk that lets you zoom in with a bow/crossbow and slows time, Steady Hand. Problem is that time is slowed to a completely ridiculous amount. Like, way more than 50%. Nothing seems to be overwriting it or anything, and to be honest I'm somewhat confused about the matter. Is there anything I can do to diagnose this? Both of the spell effects from the main skyrim.esm seem uneffected as well.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 29, 2014

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

MeccaPrime posted:

Is Legacy worth buying a DLC I won't actually use?

For me it is. I was not interested in buying Hearthfire but I would gladly pay the same price for Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Elth posted:

INIGO sounds like a great follower mod but it looks like it has a lot of compatibility problems with follower overhaul mods like EFF (which I use and am not taking out of my load order). Any thoughts on how I'd be able to fix/circumvent that?

If you're using Mod Organizer and let it do its thing, you shouldn't have any problems with Inigo + EFF.

As to Brhuce, I also use EFF but I can't get into a dialog with him. He did talk to me when I tried later, but only to give me a quest. After that, still nothing.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
The space station quest for Brhuce is terrible! a gargantuan, nearly impossible to see in even with the gamma turned up labyrinth of nothing! I love the character, but the first quest so far seems utterly terrible.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Elth posted:

I believe INIGO 2.0 is on his own follower stuff now and as long as you ignore things placed in with AFT and the like he should be ok.

I only use AFT, so your mileage may vary.

I just know that Inigo is absolutely divine and really feels like a true follower/friend. I think the thing that really sold me on him was when I was sneaking through a dungeon with my thief and I turned to ask him if he had any thoughts and he *whispered* at me, gently scolding me that it seemed a pretty inappropriate time to talk. And then, of course, the trash talking he does against opponents. He has thousands of lines and he's genuinely funny.

Just make sure if you get him, to get him around Lydia, Vigilance, Meeko, and Hemskr (the yelling preacher in Whiterun). He responds to their presence. I have a feeling he reacts to other NPCs, too.:)

Also, I believe the creator of Arissa and Smartbluecat (Inigo's creator) are in cahoots to possibly work out a way for their follower mods to interact!

Svanja fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 29, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

thechosenone posted:

The space station quest for Brhuce is terrible! a gargantuan, nearly impossible to see in even with the gamma turned up labyrinth of nothing! I love the character, but the first quest so far seems utterly terrible.

Whoops you are right. That one blows. Just console yourself in two power cores.

The aliens one is awesome, as is Pacific Skyrim :D

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

thechosenone posted:

Isn't that entire quest made to make fun of this mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVierGEkoXo

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Whoever suggested that hotkey mod that lets you bind 2 sets of 2 hand equips to each number hotkey have my babies.

norg
Jul 5, 2006
Is the Texture Pack Combiner still a thing? Or is it obsolete now?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Use Skyrim Mod Combiner.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
I really wish it were possible to play without a companion or two for a pack mule, but I just need to pick up so much poo poo for gold/leveling professions. Were there any mods that addressed that?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Duck and burger posted:

I really wish it were possible to play without a companion or two for a pack mule, but I just need to pick up so much poo poo for gold/leveling professions. Were there any mods that addressed that?

There's a mod that gives you a chicken companion. He's small, stays out of the way, and you barely notice him following you around except the occasional soft clucking when it's quiet.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34005/

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

If all you want is more carry weight and you're up for modding anyway, you could just console command your carry weight up. Otherwise there are backpack mods (one called Bandoliers is good but I can't link right now - phone posting) if you want a more "realistic" approach.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
I'd rather not feel compelled to carry 16 ancient nord greatswords so I can enchant them each for a quarter of a level and sell them for slightly less paltry sums. I'm surprised I haven't found anything yet that gets at this design flaw at the root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Isn't that entire quest made to make fun of this mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVierGEkoXo

Bhruce Hammar predates Dwemertech, and Dwemertech is great anyway.

• Locked thread