Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm tempted to make a gif avatar of that short spirit conversation panel and the one preceding it :allears:

e: also update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Agent Day can see through her spirit.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or at least ask it what she's facing

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Her spirit's real power is the ability to speak in red.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even her mouth is heart-shaped half the time

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
PFffffft I like how Max apologizes to the train and then it is conflicted that he just apologized to the train.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Move over Dr. Zarei, there's a new train-seducer in town.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 29, 2014

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I like this comic, but this guy gets carried away with his dialog so easily. Like, even if you aren't culturally familiar with the idea of cupid's arrow, it's already pretty clear what's happening, but sure let's spend half a page laboriously and unnecessarily explaining all the details anyway.

Her eyes getting twice as big when she's in the Ghost Zone is super creepy though.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Heatwizard posted:

I like this comic, but this guy gets carried away with his dialog so easily. Like, even if you aren't culturally familiar with the idea of cupid's arrow, it's already pretty clear what's happening, but sure let's spend half a page laboriously and unnecessarily explaining all the details anyway.

Her eyes getting twice as big when she's in the Ghost Zone is super creepy though.

I dunno, he also fit 3 gags into those 4 panels he used to explain the premise. You can't really waste panels used for comedy in a comedy comic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so, any thoughts on how izzy's going to react to max being (not buried) alive?

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Kabanaw posted:

I dunno, he also fit 3 gags into those 4 panels he used to explain the premise. You can't really waste panels used for comedy in a comedy comic.

Just because something else is happening at the same time doesn't make it not a problem, though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't know, i think i wouldn't see you making this argument in this thread as a problem if you were answering your prompt in pixel tactics at the same time :haw:

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Heatwizard posted:

Just because something else is happening at the same time doesn't make it not a problem, though.

I mean it does in this case though. Because those panels are fun as hell.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tollymain posted:

so, any thoughts on how izzy's going to react to max being (not buried) alive?

She's obviously going to punch him, because Isabel communicates via punching. Feelings, frustrations, relief, even anger. Punches.

We'll give it until Ed and Isaac catch up to start mocking Max for the train crushing on him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dolash posted:

She's obviously going to punch him, because Isabel communicates via punching. Feelings, frustrations, relief, even anger. Punches.

So Isabel and Johnny are going to start dating and make Max's life a living hell.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dolash posted:

We'll give it until Ed and Isaac catch up to start mocking Max for the train crushing on him.

That would be a pretty bad idea since Agent Day just said the train won't let anything hurt Max now that it's in love with him.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I love how he feels the need to explain himself to the train.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rhonne posted:

That would be a pretty bad idea since Agent Day just said the train won't let anything hurt Max now that it's in love with him.

The ultimate bait-and-switch, Isabel clocks Max and is then crushed to death by the train. Eightfold is later revealed to be fine.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
So, Spender seriously considered killing or otherwise incapacitating this woman.

What a joik.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonSpore posted:

So, Spender seriously considered killing or otherwise incapacitating this woman.

What a joik.

Let's be real, that power is terrifying. Spender just didn't want to admit how scared he is of her, so he focused on her blindness and naivety.

Also despite him going at light speed apparently Isabel beat Spender here. What the hell are you doing Spender.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He also considered her powers something of a joke, which is absurd; they're potentially amazingly powerful.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They are a joke, though. A really scary one :v:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I like Agent Day already. The plaintive "Oh! Please don't fall in love with me!", the sparkly speech bubble and ability to sound like certain words are red. No wonder Spender doesn't like her, she's as anime as he is!

I wonder, would plucking the love arrow from the train's chimney remove it's effect, or is the train now permanently smitten with Max? That's gonna make a heck of a meet the parent moment.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can someone refresh my memory where else in the comic Splender mentioned Agent Day?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Macaluso posted:

Can someone refresh my memory where else in the comic Splender mentioned Agent Day?

During the meeting with Agent Walker and Boss Leader.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I just went for a look, to find where he mentions she's disabled.
http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=222

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Thanks guys :)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wyld Karde posted:

I wonder, would plucking the love arrow from the train's chimney remove it's effect, or is the train now permanently smitten with Max? That's gonna make a heck of a meet the parent moment.

I have to assume the effect isn't permanent, otherwise that power would actually be extremely powerful. Also makes it easier to use for throwaway gags.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I just noticed, Agent Day's mouth is heart shaped when she smiles. Oh gods, she's adorable!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Wyld Karde posted:

I just noticed, Agent Day's mouth is heart shaped when she smiles. Oh gods, she's adorable!
Oh! Please don't fall in love with her!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

For all we know, this explanation is for the convenience of foreign audiences which aren't as in tune to what a Cupid arrow does. Foreign audiences like the Japanese. For when this comic is translated to Japanese. Possibly by me. When I actually learn Japanese and learn to work Photoshop. And ideally after Paranatural finishes so I have context.

Does マックシトリリオン make sense? And how do I convert the Japanese word for "pacifist" into something including the Japanese word for "fist"?

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Level Slide posted:

For all we know, this explanation is for the convenience of foreign audiences which aren't as in tune to what a Cupid arrow does. Foreign audiences like the Japanese. For when this comic is translated to Japanese. Possibly by me. When I actually learn Japanese and learn to work Photoshop. And ideally after Paranatural finishes so I have context.

Does マックシトリリオン make sense? And how do I convert the Japanese word for "pacifist" into something including the Japanese word for "fist"?

I don't know what Maxitrillion means.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I think it's a joke on the name Maximilian?

So the solution might be to give Max a Japanese name that has a number in it (I know there's at least a few), and just bump it up an order of magnitude for Suzy's dialog? Not sure if that would actually work.

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 1, 2014

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
You can't really translate puns. Instead, you gotta substitute--instead of struggling to give Max a name that lets you increment a number by six orders of magnitude for a throwaway pseudojoke on one page, just have Suzy say something else fun loving and vaguely rude.

Localization is more than just a dirty word.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

You can't really translate puns.

Depends on the pun.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mystic Mongol posted:

You can't really translate puns. Instead, you gotta substitute--instead of struggling to give Max a name that lets you increment a number by six orders of magnitude for a throwaway pseudojoke on one page, just have Suzy say something else fun loving and vaguely rude.

Localization is more than just a dirty word.

I am a professional translator and I support this message

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I got it.

百万
百マックス

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 2, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm turning my head sideways, and I'm not making any of the text out of that one.

vv EDIT: I was joking about the spirit language.

IUG fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 2, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

First one is read "hyakuman", or the Japanese word for one million. With that in mind, the second one is read "hyakuMax". It's less than a trillion, but it still shows that Suzy sees Max as a treasure trove of scoops for the journalism club.

And that's one pun out of however many are in the comic so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

How do you plan on working out "nerderers"?