Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I gave Hollywood Handbook 42.0$ dollars so I could make a weed reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Zsinjeh posted:

I gave them $4.20 so I could make a cheaper weed reference.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Zsinjeh posted:

42.0$ makes no sense. I think you may have made a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference by mistake.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jyrka posted:

42.0$ makes no sense. I think you may have made a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference by mistake.
uhh forty two zero is how your pronounce 420 dude

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I have been binge-ing through Reality Show Show on this thread's recommendation. While it can't live up to the insane amount of hype you guys gave it, I can't remember the last joke I heard that was as great as "under the sword of Dan Cortese".

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wow I think Kulap's thing is actually going to get fully funded. It's at $101,000 with 5 hours to go but it's raised like 25k today.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

oh wow it did.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
i can't believe Kulap actually managed to surpass her goal. i can't believe a project so undeserving of such an exorbitant amount of money actually managed to get it from crowdsourcing. i guess we can all look forward to hardly anybody actually seeing it!

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
lol if you don't walk past homeless people and contribute to passion projects on kickstarter.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The caveman scene on this week's I4H was the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
i might be misremembering this but i want to say that when Kulap was on YMIW a couple of years ago she said she was working on a project about growing up with a mother with Borderline Personality Disorder. that really seems like it might have been more compelling.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Fieryspork posted:

i might be misremembering this but i want to say that when Kulap was on YMIW a couple of years ago she said she was working on a project about growing up with a mother with Borderline Personality Disorder. that really seems like it might have been more compelling.
That's the sequel

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Zsinjeh posted:

That's the sequel

*squeakuel

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

btw Kulap is also the person that organizes the huge LA Foodbank drive at Christmas.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Politicalrancor posted:

btw Kulap is also the person that organizes the huge LA Foodbank drive at Christmas.

What a selfish hollyweird oval office!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Politicalrancor posted:

Seriously I think the movie looks dumb too but the idea of people flying into a foaming rage about what a selfish bitch she is is kinda hilarious.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously I think the movie looks dumb too but the idea of people flying into a foaming rage about what a selfish bitch she is is kinda hilarious.

I usually find about documentaries that it's more how the story is told than the actual story itself. It does sound like a fairly mundane story but it could great if it's done right.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 21, 2014

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ooooooh I'm-a twitter snitch on you big time!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

The caveman scene on this week's I4H was the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

This really is one of the funniest crap on youtube ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmb41PcarVY

I can't stop laughing

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mr. Squishy posted:

When they went into the premise I was prepared to be annoyed but it turns into magic so quickly.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

He lives in a world without any books?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

He lives in a world without any books?

Homemart.

I was already excited that Teaser Freezer was back, but then it became so much more.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

oh yeah im gonna give it to you jewishly

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Earwolf podcasts have a trend of introducing me to music ladies who I then develop huge crushes on.

Anne Clark, Neko Case, Nova Rockafeller... good trend.

Who Charted was great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Joe Flaherty has a daughter who raps under Boobie Taquito. It's like what his freaks and geeks character's greatest fear was for Lindsay.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The Teaser Freezer on this week's Hollywood Handbook was probably the funniest segment ever on the show, and that's saying a lot. I was laffing my butt off so much it hurt.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
"He lives in a world without any books?" is a perfect moment for Hollywood Handbook.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God I hate HH

VVVV That's one of the main reasons

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 26, 2014

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Speak on that.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Ape of Naples posted:

God I hate HH

VVVV That's one of the main reasons

ennnhhh wrong

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I disagree

VVV Oh, you bastard! I get that people like HH. I just don't. A good guest helps but other than that is just seems like the same stuff e'ry week. I know, I'm a minority in my opinion. Fight the power.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 27, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

speak on that.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
HH is ok, but not something I listen to much anymore.

It's not nearly as enjoyable as RSS was.

...oh God, am I becoming a podcast hipster?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

I disagree

VVV Oh, you bastard! I get that people like HH. I just don't. A good guest helps but other than that is just seems like the same stuff e'ry week. I know, I'm a minority in my opinion. Fight the power.

Why do you listen every week to a show you dislike?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Why do you listen every week to a show you dislike?

Oh, I don't. I download it every once in a while if a guest looks good but not even then. The last one I listened to was the Sinbad ep. I can't even remember the one I listened to before that. I still second guess myself and think maybe I'm missing out and check out an episode but it just sounds like the same thing every week to me.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
So on my days off I like to be lazy and marathon seasons of Survivor, and the one I'm currently watching is the same one Hayes and Sean were covering during RSS. It's a delight to hear some of these bits in context, although that doesn't make them any less funny. "These fools is lunch meat." "I'm playing NBA pro ball, all air." "I NEED A DRINK." It's making me wanna go listen through to RSS again, or at least relisten to the Cochran episodes of RSS and HH.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

where the hell is the freakin fogelnest files.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

So on my days off I like to be lazy and marathon seasons of Survivor, and the one I'm currently watching is the same one Hayes and Sean were covering during RSS. It's a delight to hear some of these bits in context, although that doesn't make them any less funny. "These fools is lunch meat." "I'm playing NBA pro ball, all air." "I NEED A DRINK." It's making me wanna go listen through to RSS again, or at least relisten to the Cochran episodes of RSS and HH.
Is that the one where he says he should spend his money wisely on an auction and then the moment the prize is beer he just screams BEER and spends all his money. And then just completely chugs it in a second. I just remember dying at their description of the whole thing.

God I miss RSS so bad, especially with the new reality show Utopia going on at the moment.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

big, beautiful baked potata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I'm glad they're still podcasting something but I miss RSS a lot. Now I have to listen to that episode again.