Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

StashAugustine posted:

im pretty sure algeria is on the checklist

also why isnt the irish war of independence up next, its probably the one im most interested in
i keep saying that i wont buy gaelic wars but lol ill have a moment of weakness and buy it anyway

cant wait for the irish one though, not sure about philippines because i know nothing about that conflict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

if you dont firstpick FARC/26JUL/NLF in COIN games please vacate this thread :frogout:

i'm 2 for 2 as the USSR in TS

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Trains would be good on cocaine.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Trains would be good on cocaine.
the deck building game?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i play my Diesel GE B23-7 Powered Decoder Conrail Quality 2002 in attack position

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i'm 2 for 2 as the USSR in TS

dont tell me you only played two games of ts :eyepop:

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
played TS for the first time yesterday, crushed as USA but I'll probably never win again since my friend now knows what he's doing

I'm bad

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

SavageMessiah posted:

played TS for the first time yesterday, crushed as USA but I'll probably never win again since my friend now knows what he's doing

I'm bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q ?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

SavageMessiah posted:

I'm bad

sounds like a poorly designed game to me if a new player making random actions with no strategy can't win

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

stoutfish posted:

sounds like a poorly designed game to me if a new player making random actions with no strategy can't win
i like having randomness give wins to newbie even though it could randomly give them lovely losses in their very first game

the newbies that complain after that i call 'tryhards'

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Tekopo posted:

the deck building game?

I am telling you this as a man who did key hits in a game store restroom while playing Trains.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

dont tell me you only played two games of ts :eyepop:

i've owned the game for like two weeks, cut me some slack

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

last time i played 18OE, the twelve hour 18xx, i drank a bottle of wine and a couple of years, still could make decisions, counting was difficult

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

i'm too busy dancing to be good at bored games :smuggo:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I am telling you this as a man who did key hits in a game store restroom while playing Trains.

this guy knows whats up.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

fire in the lake after action report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN9KpQCBolw

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
I just won a game of TS that basically pivoted around me as USSR getting Blockade to succeed on the same turn the US missed his big chance to Truman Doctrine. This game just gets better and better the more you know about the deck, like keeping track of if destalinization is still around in e early war and headlong defectors instead of scoring (against the same friend who in fact headlined it and didn't anticipate he needed to use AR1 to guard against domination)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tekopo posted:

last time i played 18OE, the twelve hour 18xx, i drank a bottle of wine and a couple of years, still could make decisions, counting was difficult

You should have been drinking Old English malt liquor. OE with OE.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

My local game store had the new space hulk for $125. lol forever

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
I got to play Battlestar Galactica tonight. Since it gets brought up when Dead of Winter gets shat on; I'd like to note that "possible traitor" stuff in Dead of Winter could (of) be(en) different enough that comparing to BSG is almost moot. So don't worry; Dead of Winter is bad for other stupid reasons.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Finally played Tragedy Looper. Ftw.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
was in a small toyshop in a Tourist town and saw a copy of Heroscape Rise of Valkyries Master Set, still new in box (box was beat up from being so old though) for AUS$184. didn't buy it. did i gently caress up?

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3

The End posted:

was in a small toyshop in a Tourist town and saw a copy of Heroscape Rise of Valkyries Master Set, still new in box (box was beat up from being so old though) for AUS$184. didn't buy it. did i gently caress up?

It's just fun, man.

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

good news: played terra mystica and it was pretty sweet. that means ive finally played every game I own

bad news: a friend sent me the message "Bought Boss Monsters and Dead of Winter"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yas posted:

good news: played terra mystica and it was pretty sweet. that means ive finally played every game I own

bad news: a friend sent me the message "Bought Boss Monsters and Dead of Winter"
sever

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

gonna watch a one hour video from dice tower about 10 ten wargames, gonna keep you guys updated on progress

starting off by calling wargamers with a narrow definition of the war entitled, also taking the piss out of long rulebooks

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

'for me this is simple, im not a wargamer'

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

grog-nards (how tom said it) apparently are a dying breed because they take the piss out of A&A and risk

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

young kids (teenagers) apparently dont play wargames anymore, because wargamers are pretentious, this is because tom went to origin and didnt see many wargames being played anymore

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i mean the actual first 2 games arent bad, tom: diskwars (it is a wargame imo), 1775 for the guy on the right

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

and the guy on the left thats always wrong has got memoir 44, not bad

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

'but the game itself is fun' says tom, implying that other wargames are 'not fun'

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i cant do this, i cant keep going :negative:

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
do it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

fortress america, still a wargame, i guess heroscape counts as well

Impermanent