Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
SSS = 246 in one stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I just use characters from the games I like :mrgw:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to level up every character to level 99 twice, and hell, I'm going to enjoy it.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I didnt find black shards all that tough and there's only one character that uses em anyways. Right now im having the most trouble with red shards as I still need like four characters from them and i have no quests that reward them.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I didnt find black shards all that tough and there's only one character that uses em anyways. Right now im having the most trouble with red shards as I still need like four characters from them and i have no quests that reward them.

Play a bunch of vs. The default quest attached to your proficard is a lv10 short quest with 3 red shards, most people don't change their default.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Aw hell yea

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So about the passwords in the spreadsheet linked somewhere in this thread, how are you actually supposed to get those passwords "normally"?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Square Enix is supposed to announce them at events and such I guess. That was the idea anyway, I think someone just checked the game data and now you can get like 60 CP+1 cards yay

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Am I wasting collectacards if I use them on chars I'm gonna reset or do those bonuses carry? Same q for abilities learned from items.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Poque posted:

Am I wasting collectacards if I use them on chars I'm gonna reset or do those bonuses carry? Same q for abilities learned from items.

the character keeps both when they reset

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awesome time to get exp 3 for all my FF5 friends

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

Gnomish Bread

probably in the tlop 5 of final fantasy item names in my cool opinion,. ill get back to u on what the other 4 are when i think of them LOL

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this is gonna b my second ever rhythm game after parappa the rapper once i finish braveluy default

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got my 50 online wins :hellyeah:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

I.N.R.I posted:

this is gonna b my second ever rhythm game after parappa the rapper once i finish braveluy default

Play Gitaroo Man as your third

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm pissed, I keep getting high level quests where all the songs are Ultimate which is WAY too hard for me. I just wanna play quests drat it!!!!

I guess I might try to learn the button style, since apparently that is easier for higher difficulties? I find that I really don't have quick enough reaction time to get the swipe notes correct in BMS songs. I can pretty much perfect chain every song in basic and expert with the stylus, though.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I like button for expert BMS songs, FMS or ultimate I have to do stylus since it's just easier for me.

Just do the ultimate quests, if you fail it'll spit out a lower level one, but you'll at least get better at the ultimates!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I got a "long" quest that had only one single FMS the entire way. it is the best quest. its rewards were a bunch of good scrolls, too, like exp3 and ultima

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The EXP abilities just affect the character with it equipped, right? I somehow got seven EXP Up II scrolls :psyduck:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The EXP abilities just affect the character with it equipped, right? I somehow got seven EXP Up II scrolls :psyduck:

Correct.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm pissed, I keep getting high level quests where all the songs are Ultimate which is WAY too hard for me. I just wanna play quests drat it!!!!

I guess I might try to learn the button style, since apparently that is easier for higher difficulties? I find that I really don't have quick enough reaction time to get the swipe notes correct in BMS songs. I can pretty much perfect chain every song in basic and expert with the stylus, though.

Quests are given based on how you do. Use a level down nut and the next quest will be level 1 and they can't increase by more than like, 25 levels each time so you'll be playing easy quests for a while

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i can't use anything but stick + R and it is great that way

although on FMSes the joystick at the end of a hold can be a bit wonky and you still have to use stylus for everything

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i use buttons for everything but ultimate FMS. stylus on ultimate FMS still feels a bit laggy though, i always take hits on segments where it goes up/down really fast.

In other news i almost have exp+ on my FF5 peeps, just got a couple miratete memoirs, and three of the four just prestiged. i think they'll be prestiging again very soon :getin:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I couldn't imagine doing Ultimate FMS's with buttons

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
how do you even move the thing on fms with buttons

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

how do you even move the thing on fms with buttons

you hold down to make it go down and hold up to make it go up, it handles the speed for you so it works pretty well

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ultimate on everything is way easier on buttons for me. The swiping at the end of a hold can be bad in FMS but you get used to it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I played a Japanese guy who got perfect critical on every single song in the entire game, on every difficulty and had 999,999 rhythmia

Spoiler I lost

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also I played a Japanese guy who got perfect critical on every single song in the entire game, on every difficulty and had 999,999 rhythmia

Spoiler I lost

the people online who really want to show off also play one handed mode

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Spoiler I lost

i still like playing those people though. i feel good if i can break 9M and get "close" to them

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like the good maps they carry :3:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Against folks like that Judgement might be the weakest EX Burst

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Minrad posted:

tbh no Distant Worlds from FF11 is kinda bullshit, I'm guessing it's one of the dropped EMS from the first game? there's a few songs that seem conspicuously absent, like it and ff6's opera theme

The EMS songs of the first game are still in this one, they've just been redone as BMS and FMSes.

Edit: Protect the Espers! is real good

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 29, 2014

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I think it's kinda weird they didn't include Liberi Fatali or Eyes on Me for the FF8 section.

Also, when they localized the game for NA, they couldn't swap out the Japanese version of Melodies of Life for the English one?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

JazzFlight posted:

I think it's kinda weird they didn't include Liberi Fatali or Eyes on Me for the FF8 section.

yeah i was really hoping for Eyes on Me, still the best vocal ff track out there even though it's from ff8

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Someone with a quest that has one or more bounties totaling up to a gain of six yellow shards should add themselves to the database and add me as a friend and then netbattle me tia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this game is kicking my rear end im poo poo at rhythm game.s..

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have silver shards. I want lots of them. I want hella silver shards - seven, to ben precise

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fronz posted:

Does anyone have silver shards. I want lots of them. I want hella silver shards - seven, to ben precise

i think i have some silver shards, I will check when I get home and send you a message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

fronz posted:

Got a Lv73 Medium Quest with a 5 silver final boss reward right here, a Lv68 Short with 5 and a Lv70 Short with 4.

Personally I need 6 yellow and 6 red shards and then I'll have everyone unlocked

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 30, 2014

• Locked thread