Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Well if I had known I could start a wrestling promotion just by slapping my name on another company's product I would have done it years ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

promoter of the year

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
how is this fake company able to do this

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA's first show was main evented by Ken Shamrock vs. The Wall.

GFW's first show might be main evented by Okada vs. Tanahashi.

#JoinTheFarce

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
So… are they going to brand like… the ring? The banners?

Isn't there going to be some disconnect when there's a fat GFW logo in the corner, but a giant lion's head on the mat?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So basically GFW acquired the rights to Global Impact.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Bard Maddox posted:

how is this fake company able to do this

Ain't he great?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jeff jarrett owns so hard

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I am so confused by this development.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Wow. Court Bauer spoke about New Japan doing PPV through an American promotion. I thought he was just being coy about ROH.

e: Jarrett vs. Tanahashi: Dome Show main event!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

promoter of the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

TNA's first show was main evented by Ken Shamrock vs. The Wall.

GFW's first show might be main evented by Okada vs. Tanahashi.

#JoinTheFarce

Somehow this company continues to be hilarious even though they still have 0 people signed

oatgan posted:

promoter of the year

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So New Japan's history with American promotions looks something like:

1978-1985: WWE
1989-1990: AWA
1992-1993: WCW
1993-1994: WWE
1995-2000: WCW
2008-2011: TNA
2013-2014: NWA
2014-2014: ROH
2015: GFW

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 29, 2014

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

triplexpac posted:

Well if I had known I could start a wrestling promotion just by slapping my name on another company's product I would have done it years ago!

Tune in for Stallion Cabana and TripleXPac's Monday Night RAW tonight!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

So New Japan's history with American promotions looks something like:

1978-1985: WWE
1989-1990: AWA
1992-1993: WCW
1995-1996: WCW
2008-2011: TNA
2013-2014: NWA
2014-2014: ROH
2015: GFW

NJPW is still working with ROH.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

And the "NWA"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00O3gQQY96c

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
so what is GFW actually like providing for them that they need it for

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Yuriy posted:

Connections with American PPV companies, apparently.

...not that they REALLY needed them, though.

EugeneJ posted:

Wait, what?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

Probably just dealing with all of the US side business details and costs. Jeff has contacts in the PPV industry and can provide cheap announcers or whatever.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

dsriggs posted:

So does Jeff Jarrett have some special connections to the PPV industry that say Ring of Honor or literally any one else couldn't make?

Does he plan on advertising the shows here? How are people supposed to know or give a poo poo about "GFW" when NJPW is already at least a somewhat known commodity (granted to internet wrasslin' nerds, but still more known than "GFW")

None of this makes any sense

Edit:

MassRafTer posted:

Probably just dealing with all of the US side business details and costs. Jeff has contacts in the PPV industry and can provide cheap announcers or whatever.

You answered while I was typing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I just hope the basic presentation is kept unchanged with the exception of the additions of his logo and probably bad announcers.

Their hype videos are awesome even when you can't understand them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

Wait, what?

When WWF launched its light heavyweight title, they signed a few NJPW flippy dudes(including Great Sasuke) to round out the division.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

When WWF launched its light heavyweight title, they signed a few NJPW flippy dudes(including Great Sasuke) to round out the division.

Those guys were from M-Pro.

NJPW stayed affiliated with WCW in 93 and 94, WCW was their American PPV provider for several shows in that period, ending with Kollision in Korea.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

BGrifter posted:

I bet they could get the Slap Chop guy to work as a manager.

GFW should put him with their top heel, as I know I would boo the poo poo out of that guy and anyone who brought him along to the ring with them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know how to live in a world where Global Force Wrestling is even a little more than just Jeff Jarrett posing with random wrestlers in pictures

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jeff Jarrett is in the Bullet Club. Bullet Club is a heel faction like the nWo.

Is this going to be like nWo Souled Out? Who is the GFW Band? Who wins Miss GFW? Are Mike Tenay and Don West on commentary the whole night?

Glo-Glo-Glo-Glo-Global Force Wrestling

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Howard Brody used to market New Japan tapes to TV stations in the 90s as "Ring Warriors" in Europe, Africa, the Middle East etc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
GFW is going to be the modern day equivalent of the Tokyopop FMW videos where two white guys make up names for Japanese wrestlers and pretend they can feel the explosions happening in the ring from 7 years prior to their commentary.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:allears:

So that's the unknown promotion thing starting in January that Kurt Angle was talking about.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

GFW should put him with their top heel, as I know I would boo the poo poo out of that guy and anyone who brought him along to the ring with them.

A faction of heel managers with Slap Chop guy, Jonny Fairplay and Dustin Diamond of Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling fame. They could all hide behind big lovely wrestlers like Brodus Clay, Prince Albert and Drew McIntyre.

Book it!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Slap Chop guy is still in jail, IIRC.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

Slap Chop guy is still in jail, IIRC.
Nah, he made the Shticky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Flameingblack posted:

GFW is going to be the modern day equivalent of the Tokyopop FMW videos where two white guys make up names for Japanese wrestlers and pretend they can feel the explosions happening in the ring from 7 years prior to their commentary.

I'll settle for GFW literally being MXC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As dumb as it sounds, getting middleman money would be a decent start to finance your own vanity wrestling promotion.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'll settle for GFW literally being MXC.

Or how there weren't any notes from Japan provided for Samurai Pizza Cats so the localization staff just made poo poo up.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
promoter of the year. everyone who is an observer subscriber who doesn't vote for this is in 2015-2016 is dead to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote:

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources in the PPV industry that a Global Force Wrestling PPV event is on carriers' schedules for 1/4/15. Of course, 1/4 is the date of what has been the biggest Japanese event of the year for seemingly forever, the annual New Japan Pro Wrestling Tokyo Dome event.

It would appear that Jarrett's company has brokered a deal to bring the Tokyo Dome show to United States PPV for the first time. Sources indicate that the deal and all marketing for the PPV would be branded GFW, not New Japan.

Jarrett, who announced plans to launch GFW the day after Wrestlemania 31,
was revealed as a member of the Bullet Club faction in NJPW recently. Jarrett departed TNA in December 2013, although he remains a minority owner in the company.

When this afternoon via telephone, Jarrett declined to comment on this story.
if they're launching the first show the day after wrestlemania in the same metro area that would be pretty crafty on his part. dunno what it means for long term growth though, i'd imagine they'd need to find a central location starting out.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

John Cena posted:

if they're launching the first show the day after wrestlemania in the same metro area that would be pretty crafty on his part. dunno what it means for long term growth though, i'd imagine they'd need to find a central location starting out.

A show on a Monday head to head with the hottest show off the year seems misguided. A better bet would be for Saturday.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Cena posted:

He announced plans the day after WM 30, that's just a typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

pwinsider.com posted:

As PWInsider.com broke, the first-ever production from Global Force Wrestling will be a 1/4/15 PPV from New Japan Pro Wrestling's WrestleKingdom event at the Tokyo Dome in Japan.

Internally, the PPV is now being listed internally by PPV providers as "GFW presents New Japan's WrestleKingdom."

The PPV will air live from Japan with a replay later on 1/4 before going into regular replay rotation.
GFW Presents

• Locked thread