Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Free Lightning cables through Verizon:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/apple-lightning-to-usb-cable/?null

Coupon: 4acc2014309

Seems too good to be be true, but worst case scenario, you spent no dollars on anything.
It actually works on anything under $19.99 :laugh:

There are going to be a lot of cancelled orders in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If they cancel my order, i will tell my grandma to drop service and switch to Sprint solely out of spite.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Even though I already have 3 lightning cables I put in a $0.00 order for one, because, why not?

Probably a 99.99% chance they will cancel the order, but whatever, might as well give it a go.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Nothing to lose really. If they cancel the order maybe you get a coupon or something.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Free Lightning cables through Verizon:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/apple-lightning-to-usb-cable/?null

Coupon: 4acc2014309

Seems too good to be be true, but worst case scenario, you spent no dollars on anything.

lmao, awesome.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Awaiting the reddit posts where some moron ordered 500 lighting cables.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm only 498 off.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
I wonder how many orders they have to get before they notice.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I only ordered 1 in case 2 orders would look suspicious.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Awaiting the reddit posts where some moron ordered 500 lighting cables.
I watched a coworker order a dozen about 30 minutes ago.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Josh Lyman posted:

I only ordered 1 in case 2 orders would look suspicious.

I ordered 2 and a lovely 6+ beater case. :getin:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I watched a coworker order a dozen about 30 minutes ago.
Does he read Slickdeals and/or Fatwallet? Goddamn savages.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Does he read Slickdeals and/or Fatwallet? Goddamn savages.
Of course. As soon as it hit Slickdeals dudes in my lab were running around trying to order as many as possible.

It's been a productive evening at work.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone know where the coupon comes from? Legitimately, that is.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

They just shut off the code. I was able to get two orders in before they shut it off though :smug:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
I only ordered one, should have ordered more. Oh well... free lightning cable, assuming they won't cancel all the orders.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

I've never had Touch ID before the 6. Is it supposed to feel a little laggy at times? I've somehow been conditioned to just rest my thumb on the home button for about a second and then lift my thumb back up even though the phone doesn't unlock for another second or so.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ShoogaSlim posted:

I've never had Touch ID before the 6. Is it supposed to feel a little laggy at times? I've somehow been conditioned to just rest my thumb on the home button for about a second and then lift my thumb back up even though the phone doesn't unlock for another second or so.
It never did with my 6 until a couple days ago and now I've noticed it does this every so often. Maybe 8.0.2 borked it a bit? Because on 8.0 it was always instantaneous.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

TouchID on the six is way better than my 5S.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chemmy posted:

TouchID on the six is way better than my 5S.
Yeah, same.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I feel like I had to clean off the 5S fingerprint sensor constantly and I never clean the 6's. Hope that continues.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Verizon sent my second order confirmation via email. I dunno, guys, I think it may be too true.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

arbybaconator posted:

They just shut off the code. I was able to get two orders in before they shut it off though :smug:

Well poo poo. Only now seeing this. Was wondering where where the box to put the code in was.

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 30, 2014

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Just got my order confirmation email. Can't believe it went through.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hold your horses. Order confirmation doesn't mean poo poo. It's all about shipping confirmation.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Just remember that Verizon, according to their Terms of Service, have the right to cancel orders that were the result of mispricing or bad coupons. Even if you were charged, they will just refund it and they owe you nothing.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, it's gonna be like December before I can get my hands on a iPhone 6 Plus, yeah?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Will the Apple store sell me a Verizon phone for full price off contract? I am not currently a Verizon customer. I just want to walk into Apple and buy a Verizon 6+ for the full price. Possible?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yes

I asked this on their chat support. They say you can do it in the retail stores but not online. Guess you just have to ask for it.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

89 posted:

So, it's gonna be like December before I can get my hands on a iPhone 6 Plus, yeah?

I tried to order one from Verizon just to see and it had a ship by date of 10/24.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Just upgraded to 8.0.2 and now my wifi doesn't work. Cool beans

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

89 posted:

There's still basically zero 6 Plus phones in Australia :waycool:

When are they coming? Who knows!

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Coming from a 4s this 6 is comically oversized. I wish there was one around 0.25 inches smaller.

Otherwise it's nice, the 4s had lots of stuttering issues when I switched to ios8.

eames
May 9, 2009

Since I can't find a dedicated iOS8 thread I'll ask here.
I'm trying to save a few pages to the reading list so I can view them offline while on a plane. It works but the articles always disappear from the list right after I first view them offline. Is there a way to keep the articles in the reading list until I manually delete them?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

It's fine for me. I won't say it's better than my 5s, but it's definitely no worse. Have you tried putting in your most-used finger twice? That supposedly helps.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

What is the normal size for "Other" data in iPhone 6? I had around 2GB which I couldn't find a way to get rid of, so I completely restored my phone as a new device which helped a bit but it's still showing as 1GB. Is this just a normal thing or can I free up the space somehow?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Neron posted:

What is the normal size for "Other" data in iPhone 6? I had around 2GB which I couldn't find a way to get rid of, so I completely restored my phone as a new device which helped a bit but it's still showing as 1GB. Is this just a normal thing or can I free up the space somehow?

Do you need that 1-3gb right now?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

eames posted:

Since I can't find a dedicated iOS8 thread I'll ask here.
I'm trying to save a few pages to the reading list so I can view them offline while on a plane. It works but the articles always disappear from the list right after I first view them offline. Is there a way to keep the articles in the reading list until I manually delete them?

I don't think so. I think you can set up Pocket to automatically download the web view, though if you're fine with an "optimized" version of the website it does that right out of the box. I appreciate that Safari has optimized view and reading list, but for anything more advanced than "I want to read this thing offline once at some later point" you're best off installing a third party app.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

tuyop posted:

Do you need that 1-3gb right now?

No. I'm just wondering what is taking up 1GB of space even after a full restore. I have a 16gb model so every little bit helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Neron posted:

No. I'm just wondering what is taking up 1GB of space even after a full restore. I have a 16gb model so every little bit helps.

Other is app cache as well. I've noticed when I used Phonecleaner, I'd get back about 700MB-1GB, but as soon as I start opening apps it goes away.

Also Album art, I think? I'd regained about 1 GB following my iOS8 update, but I also notice anywhere where I'd downloaded album art from iTunes (as opposed to embedding) the art was missing from my phone. A resync later and my other is back up to 2.5GB.