Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Hollismason posted:

Oh well I'm sorry me making a few posts regarding something I think is a bit overpowered made you so butt hurt you had to come bursting in and demanding that I be held accountable for my opinions.

It's also loving creepy to follow me on other forums over space men.

No one cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Warhammer 40k: an ill man taking a poo poo in a hallway before he can reach the toilet

the best part is that without context, it'd be extremely unclear what part of the hobby was being alluded to

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've hated Eldar since 2nd and will continue to hate that loving army and all iterations until Gamesworkshop burns to the ground.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Oh well I'm sorry me making a few posts regarding something I think is a bit overpowered made you so butt hurt you had to come bursting in and demanding that I be held accountable for my opinions.

It's also loving creepy to follow me on other forums over space men.
oh gently caress that :orks101:

And there is a difference between having bad opinions and being loving awful about them. You can think to yourself "man, I want to run a ShadowsunStar*, that would be cool," but the moment you propose it, multiple times, like you have cracked the 40k Code and Nick Cage is going to give you a role in NATIONAL TREASURE 3 : SPACE DUDES, it gets a little worrisome.

I didn't have to follow your candy rear end, since you posted the link to Dakka and your loving thesis several times. I was actually looking for that (I couldn't recall if it was reasonable or awful, and, to your credit, it's respectable enough) and just searched for your user name. Turns out you were posting almost the exact same poo poo on Dakka as here in regards to Raiders - that they are fukkin OP m8.

Think that over, man. You're a Dakka post.

*ShadowsunStar was a tactic one of my buddies relayed back to me. Basically, Shadowsun (back in 6th) joined some Eldar Jetbikes. The bikes could pop up and down, and thanks to her abilities, those bikes would have a sick 2++ save from Jink! It was pretty awful, but the dude who came up with it was adamant that it was awesome.

For something like content -

We have an upcoming BAO rules style tournament at 2250 locally. I've settled on doing 60 DA Tactical Marines with a Land Raider carrying around a Bolter Banner. That's 12 Objective Secured units that aren't budging and can vomit out shots forever. I'm not opposed to running them as a different Chapter (I only wanted DA for the Bolter Banner, to be honest,) and I have between 700 and 1200 points to fill, depending on if I run the Land Raider with the banner. I'm considering a Knight with Predators (who I can tuck by the Land Raider with a Power Field Generator for a bit of protection from some alpha,) or the Space Marine flyer formation with some other ground based support.

Basically, I want to be a pain to drive off of objectives via the Marines, but I need some sort of anti-armor to ensure that I can kill Mech fast enough or drive off CCBs at a decent clip.

(I can't recall the poster who ran something similar, with tons of Marines in Rhinos supported by flyers, and won several tournaments, but props to you - I am trying to take your idea and not poo poo it up entirely.)

edit :

Hollismason posted:

I've hated Eldar since 2nd and will continue to hate that loving army and all iterations until Gamesworkshop burns to the ground.
common ground, at last

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hi I've heard this is where I get gay and dumb about space toys

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

panascope posted:

Hi I've heard this is where I get gay and dumb about space toys
uh excuse me, they're not space toys

they're scrunts

LordAba posted:

You guys made me realize something: I need to get a crate of beer and play warhammers over the weekend with a friend.
Funny thing, that's what made me come up with the making GBS threads in the hallway metaphor.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You guys made me realize something: I need to get a crate of beer and play warhammers over the weekend with a friend.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

It's cool man, Eldar hate you too. Except they do it longer and harder. :smug:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
eldar are cool, you two both seem pretty dumb

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
PFGs in Land Raiders is a thing again in 7th edition, right? Measuring from the hull and everything?

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

PFGs in Land Raiders is a thing again in 7th edition, right? Measuring from the hull and everything?
Correct. It was invalidated in a prior FAQ, if I recall, but when GW redid the lot of them for 7th, the limiting clause mysteriously vanished.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The tech priest with a PFG attaching to a command squad carrying the dakka banner seems like it could spit out an impressive number of shots (a hurricane bolter on either sponson and an assault cannon on the front) and be stupidly tough to break open. That's pushing 450-500 points for that unit though, so about 2 squads of Deathwing or so :v:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Icon Of Sin posted:

The tech priest with a PFG attaching to a command squad carrying the dakka banner seems like it could spit out an impressive number of shots (a hurricane bolter on either sponson and an assault cannon on the front) and be stupidly tough to break open. That's pushing 450-500 points for that unit though, so about 2 squads of Deathwing or so :v:

You run it with a bunch of Ravenwing supporting usually, I think

Wait, are Deathwing good now?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

You run it with a bunch of Ravenwing supporting usually, I think

Wait, are Deathwing good now?

They got a massive boost when the requirement for >50% of the army to be deployed on the table at game start was removed. Turn 1 Deathwing Assault with the entire army is at least possible now, and with the changes to jink Deathwing is in a better spot than a full Ravenwing army. Still not the greatest by any means, but Deathwing is in a better spot than it was.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Speaking of Deathwing, what's the preferred Belial bomb? 10-man Deathwing squads?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's a high point level game, consider taking an Assassin or the formation? All of the Assassin's are pretty nifty. I could see a Deathwing assault plus Assassins push being really annoying to deal with but also able to deal with some very specific units that could give problems to the army. Callidus let's you reroll seize initiative.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 30, 2014

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

LordAba posted:

Speaking of goons and drama,

To the goons in the bay area how does Friday evening at Game Kastle Fremont sound for a goon meet?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Speaking of Deathwing, what's the preferred Belial bomb? 10-man Deathwing squads?

Deathwing Knights :getin:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Icon Of Sin posted:

The guy from my LGS runs a landraider with techmarine and a couple servitors in it with PFG by itself. He puts 2x10 man squads of tac marines in rhinos and his librarian or chaplain with a command squad and dakka banner in a las/plas razorback. Rhinos flank the raider, near the rear quarters and razorback tucks in behind. When he unloads, he usually positions the vehicles to cover flanks and leaves an opening with 25 bolter marines and whatever HQ he's running backed up against a landraider and unloads buckets of dice worth of bolter fire at a time.

Landraider + techmarine + servo harness + PFG + (2) servitor is going to run you like 375 points and take up a heavy support slot.

Techmarine comes as a bonus outside of FOC requirements with your other HQ and servitors come without FOC requirement with a techmarine. 14/14/14 4++ with blessing of the omnissiah repairs on 2+. With 7th ed, you can park that thing on top of an objective all day long and hold it.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Deathwing Knights for toughness of 5 if you keep them in base contact or a deathwing command squad with apothecary for 5+ FNP. (screw any other options because this poo poo's expensive as gently caress already)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Finally got my order of Castellax and Thallax in, but I can't decide on a color scheme for them. They're going to be Dark Mechanicus under an Iron Warrior detachment, but I don't want to cover them in hazard stripes or gunmetal. Here's how I paint my dudes:

Here's the most appealing color scheme I've found:

Maybe brass with silver and green weapons? I could paint one of their shoulder pads white and give it some black stripes or something. Any suggestions?

The Sisko posted:

Speaking of goons and drama,

To the goons in the bay area how does Friday evening at Game Kastle Fremont sound for a goon meet?

I'm up in SF so that's a big drive for me, but LingcodKilla is right nearby. I trust his judgement in people so if he clears you as being A-Cool-Dude we should beerham sometime.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Safety Factor posted:

Deathwing Knights :getin:

Are terrible!

I run Belial with a 10 man 2x heavy flamer squad. Being able to exactly place 2 twin linked heavy flamers is almost always a First Blood.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Direwolf posted:

Are terrible!
They are, but I like them for some reason. I wouldn't recommend anyone run them unless they want to use a dumb unit with a fun gimmick.

Direwolf posted:

I run Belial with a 10 man 2x heavy flamer squad. Being able to exactly place 2 twin linked heavy flamers is almost always a First Blood.
This is an actual good idea. People should do this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Deathwing Knights are a pretty good can opener. Not a lot of close combat can straight out wreck AV15, but they sure can.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm up in SF so that's a big drive for me, but LingcodKilla is right nearby. I trust his judgement in people so if he clears you as being A-Cool-Dude we should beerham sometime.

Ahh, no problem. If you can ever make it to Frontline Gaming on a Friday night the games there game tend to be of the beerhammer variety.

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 30, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Faith in Ghost Hand... restored:

This is a forgeworld book. Supposedly its going to include rules for '30k in 40k' IE: legion chaos vehicles like drop pods, storm eagles, earlier pattern land raiders, and the works. Also LOTD/Renegades are back. Rumors for now, but hail Satan Chaos anyway, this is awesome if true.

The Sisko posted:

Ahh, no problem. If you can ever make it to Frontline Gaming on a Friday night the games there game tend to be of the berrhammer variety.

I'll make the trip one of these days for sure! Once I have my core army together, anyway.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Crossposting my Ork doc on bike conversion

:orks101: Oath Complete! :orks:

And some closeups of the "Quick-Fix" arm:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Speaking of Dark Angels, I'm still fairly new to the army but finally grabbed some light armor. Is something like this workable/not total garbage? It's not a tournament game, but my local players can be a little hard even in casual play.

quote:

+++ DA 1250 (1249pts) +++
+++ 1250pt Dark Angels: Codex (2013) Roster (Combined Arms Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Dark Angels: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections:

+ (No Category) + (300pts)

* Command Squad (300pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear)
Apothecary (15pts) (Feel No Pain), 4x Boltgun, 1x Chain Sword, 4x Meltagun (40pts) (Melta), Devastation (65pts), Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), Power Armour, 5x Veterans (100pts)
* Razorback (80pts)
Dozer blade (5pts), Lascannon and Twin Linked Plasmagun (20pts) (Gets Hot), Smoke Launchers and Searchlight

+ HQ + (250pts)

* Librarian (95pts)
(Independent Character)
Inner Circle (Fearless, Preferred Enemy (Chaos Space Marines)), Power Field Generator (30pts), Psychic Hood
* Power Armour
Boltgun, Force Sword, Frag and Krak Grenades, Infantry
* Psyker
(*)
Level 1 (Mastery Level 1)

* Librarian (155pts)
(Independent Character)
Digital weapons (10pts), Displacer Field (25pts), Inner Circle (Fearless, Preferred Enemy (Chaos Space Marines)), Psychic Hood
* Power Armour (20pts)
Bolt Pistol, Force Axe, Frag and Krak Grenades, Space Marine Bike (20pts) (Skilled Rider)
* Psyker (35pts)
(*)
Level 2 (35pts) (Mastery Level 2)

+ Troops + (520pts)

* Tactical Squad (260pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Squads)
Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), Plasma Cannon (15pts) (Gets Hot), Plasmagun (15pts) (Gets Hot), Power Armour, 9x Tactical Marine (126pts)
* Razorback (80pts)
Dozer blade (5pts), Lascannon and Twin Linked Plasmagun (20pts) (Gets Hot), Smoke Launchers and Searchlight
* Sergeant (24pts)
Boltgun, Combi-Flamer (10pts)

* Tactical Squad (260pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Squads)
Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), Multi-Melta (10pts) (Melta), Plasmagun (15pts) (Gets Hot), Power Armour, 9x Tactical Marine (126pts)
* Drop Pod (50pts)
(Drop Pod Assault, Immobile, Inertial Guidance System)
Deathwind Launcher (15pts)
* Sergeant (59pts)
Combi-Flamer (10pts), Power fist (25pts), Veteran Sgt (10pts)

+ Fast Attack + (179pts)

* Ravenwing Attack Squadron (179pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Hit & Run, Ravenwing Combat Squads, Scouts)
Bolt Pistol, Flamer (5pts), Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), Meltagun (10pts), Power Armour, 4x Ravenwing Biker (108pts), Teleport Homer, Twin-linked Boltgun
* Ravenwing Sergeant (56pts)
Melta bombs (5pts) (Armourbane, Unwieldy), Power Sword (15pts), Veteran Sgt (10pts)

Basic plan is to have one combat squad hold a back line objective, advance the razors and bikes together (bikes screen/take advantage of the banner and shield the biker librarian) and the pod gives me some flexibility reacting to deployment or first turn moves.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
I may be a bit late but what exactly is a PFG?

Edit: Never mind I found out what it is and what it does but does it still effect the land raider/ models outside of the land raider?

Sivores fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 30, 2014

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Sivores posted:

I may be a bit late but what exactly is a PFG?

Edit: Never mind I found out what it is and what it does but does it still effect the land raider/ models outside of the land raider?

It worked initially, then was FAQed out of sixth, and for the moment works again because the errata nerfing it was removed from the seventh FAQ. It'll probably swing back the other way sooner or later.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
So what the gently caress is a PFG

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

So what the gently caress is a PFG

Power Field Generator. Dark Angels HQ gear. 30pts for a 4++ on everything within 3" of the model.

Edit: literally everything. It isn't restricted to friendly models.

Dulkor fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 30, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Slimnoid posted:

No one cares.

Wow, rude...

I care deeply.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
So,let me get this straight; even if its standing in the middle of a land raider two razorbacks touching each side both get it or no?

Because they have a corner in the field, I just measured it

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

As long as it's within 3" of the hull of the transport carrying the PFG, it gets the save until GW decides to errata it again.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Holy poo poo that's cool and dumb as hell at the same time.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
Posting pictures of my dudemen, because I feel like it.

Not pictured: 60 some odd Guardsmen. There's a lot of the fuckers.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How did you do that Grey Knight armor?

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Lord Twisted posted:

Probably going to swing by dark sphere tomorrow to grab a marine kit, have people got the new stern guard and tactical sculpts? Is the sternguard box worth it? £25 for 5 models is a bit steep but the kit does look very nice!

Bit late, but I bought two boxes for a 10-man SG unit and was fairly impressed with the kit. They've got a LOT of detail and come with all sorts of extra bits like extra older-Mark helmets and stuff. Also picking up just one means you'll never be hurting for special weapons; each box comes with one heavy bolter, one heavy flamer, and two of each combi-weapon (-flamer, -plasma, -melta and -grav), along with two each of flamers, meltaguns, plasma guns and grav guns, five regular and five storm bolters.. I honestly want to recommend picking up one box even if you don't like Sternguard as a unit, you get so many neat bits for customizing and loading up your Marines in one box. Hell, there're so many ornate bits in there that it shouldn't be too hard to bling up a coule of standard tac marines with the parts to make an extra Sternguard or three. Same goes for Vanguard kits really, even if one box comes with 'just' five Marines you get so many close-combat weapon bits that picking up one just for the spare parts isn't too bad of a call.

The Tactical box is also one of my favorite new kits - one box comes with a fuckton of new stuff, including all the kit you can conceivably put on a marine sergeant. The only heavy weapon in the kit is, sadly, the missile launcher, but you get one of each special weapon, a bunch of bits you can use to make a combi-weapon of your choice, a handful of melee weapons.. and the bits are much more detailed than the old MArine kits were. There's really not any wasted space on the sprues at all.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Vanguard Vets box is cool as heck and comes with the all important power armor thunder hammer and storm shield for making King poo poo of Punch Mountain. I keep meaning to make a biker Librarian with one of the power axes but I haven't had time recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

I painted some duders. My first try at serious highlighting and the start of my crimson fist army.

• Locked thread