Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kaubocks posted:

I'm on the thought that Lana, Cia, and Agitha definitely feel a little out of place but it's less that they're ~anime~ (game's already hella anime) and more that they're just not Zelda characters and they stick out more than they should as a result.

I mean Impa's design in this game is mega anime but it doesn't really faze me because I just go "oh it's just good ol' Impa". Meanwhile Agitha kinda bugs me a bit (pun not intended) because I don't have that "oh it's just good ol' Agitha" connection with her.

Impa is basically her skyward sword design with lighter skin and silver hair instead of blonde. Also, less lanky.
Zelda is a mega anime series and people shouldn't try to act like it isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bicyclops posted:

Is 50 the highest?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Does adventure mode scale to your character level?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My Zelda is like level 23 so that probably is why I'm having so much trouble. Guess it's time to grind rupees for dojo costs.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Psyker posted:

Does adventure mode scale to your character level?

No, you have to keep an eye on your levels through out to make sure you're keeping up. Make sure to save your rupees for the Training Dojo to jump up whoever needs a few levels.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

greatn posted:

The thing that doesn't make sense to me about Cia as a character, is if she wants Link so bad why not just show him those bomb rear end titties?

At what point in the game is she not doing that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Can't you not use the Dojo to level above the highest level character, though?

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Keep in mind even if you fail a mission you still keep experience you have earned on the map. Grinded a kill X number of enemies quest with Shiek to get her leveled. Kept failing it but got enough experience I was leveling once or twice till I would die or not meet the time limit. It also let me get used to the sexyness that is Shiek.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Woah. If you click and drag on the gamepads touchscreen you can select your items from a touchwheel. That's actually really, really useful.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Zelda Warriors is awesome, and has been a lot of fun to play.

How many total levels are there, outside of Classic Mode?

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

hubris.height posted:

Zelda Warriors is awesome, and has been a lot of fun to play.

How many total levels are there, outside of Classic Mode?

Adventure Mode has a level for each screen on the original Legend of Zelda map. So that's, what, 128 stages right there. Some are simple scenarios (defeat X enemies; kill two bosses; etc), some are full fledged capture-keeps-kill-commanders maps.

Also there are multiple adventure mode maps.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The lack of voice acting is killing me when compared to the likes of the DW games themselves, it's only made more painful since the between mission narration is fully voiced!

Amusingly DW 8 had the opposite choice, the narration there was text only, everything else was voiced. :v:

Still, not bad for a Zelda themed DW game, it's all very fun and controls well.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

Woah. If you click and drag on the gamepads touchscreen you can select your items from a touchwheel. That's actually really, really useful.

It's cool, but what I really want is an option to switch equipment during pauses.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a trick to the level 2 baton unlock map or do I just need to get a better weapon/level up Zelda some more? I barely do poo poo to the commanders which eats up so much time, it's frustrating. I don't even care about this weapon I just need A rank to unlock the great fairy map. :(

Just A-ranked that mission with a Wind Waker, with nearly 3 minutes to spare!

The basic thing to remember about the Baton is that its whole gimmick is juggling. With every commander, what you want to do is launch them and then just spam the basic Y combo. At the end of the combo (when you see several whirlwinds show up and launch enemies really high), dodge at the target and start the combo again. Bombs are amazingly useful. A strong Wind Waker with lightning+ makes your life a lot easier.

As for mission strategy, here's what I did. Right at the start, turn around and head towards your home base. Capture the keep along the way to slow your enemies down (I find YYX to be the best for this, since you can adjust the aim during the attack to hit a really wide arc). Take out the Moblin and the messenger coming down from the right side of the temple and then head towards Wizzro. Wizzro is probably the hardest single part of the level as he hits crazy hard and likes to spam projectiles, but the Baton's YYX is pretty effective at countering his stuff if you keep your distance. Throw any specials you've built up at him ASAP (having a Fierce Deity mask is very helpful here).

After dealing with Wizzro, Volga moves in from the east. Do Not Pursue Volga. He's a pain in the rear end to juggle, and once he breaks through the east keep he's just going to run straight into Other troops and actually help you by distracting them from attacking Fi. Instead, head straight for Ghirahim. I like to climb the west side of the pyramid to take out the second messenger along the way, though I'm not sure if it really makes any difference. Also, capture the keep on the way to get some kills. Ghirahim himself is a pushover: just bomb him and he won't even try to tech out of his fall until you've got a full combo in. You should still use any specials you've got to speed things up.

After dealing with Ghirahim, head back to the Allied Base and mop up any remaining enemy commanders. With any luck, Volga's been ripped apart by the Other Forces' Gibdos by the time you arrive and you won't have to deal with him. Once Fi is safe, head to the Other Base. If you're still low on kills (you need 1200 by the end of the mission), capture the keep on the way and/or beat up some mooks while fighting the boss. The Aeralfos is more of an HP sponge than an actual challenge; if he's on the ground, bomb him and combo him, otherwise wait for him to attack and break his weak point if he does the fire breath or ground stab. And obviously, blow all your specials and magic, you aren't going to need them afterwards.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Dastardly posted:

Pyramid tits are alright though.

I don't know why she had pyramidal boobs. I guess they ran out of polygons? Or maybe the room is very cold?

Does anyone else find her pretty disturbing? It's that laugh mostly. And the almost-nakedness. She's like a crazy homeless woman you'd run into while hiking in a forest.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Yeah, my Zelda is level 50, i'm using a rank 2 Rapier for her and I'm still having trouble with that pre-great fairy mission. I've come close but ended up going over the time limit which is pretty frustrating.

I'm approaching the great fairy mission, and if you're having that much trouble with a level 50 Zelda then I should probably forget about trying to get it for a while, because Link is my highest character at 36. :sigh:

I guess I'll finish the ganondorf campaign in legend mode

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
Really diggin' this game. I'll try to add everyone in the OP to my friends list when I get home, so feel free to add me as well. If you are planning to get Smash U, so much the better! My NNID is RocketDarkness.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Can anyone give me some tips for the "Kill X enemies in 10 minutes" missions? Either I get too tied up beating the bigger enemies, or I just can't find enough mooks to kill.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Not a Children posted:

Can anyone give me some tips for the "Kill X enemies in 10 minutes" missions? Either I get too tied up beating the bigger enemies, or I just can't find enough mooks to kill.

Unfortunately I can't really think of any advice more than "ignore bosses/commanders, kill mooks". I don't think I've seen any missions where actually killing the hard stuff triggers more waves of mooks, they seem to be timed triggers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

The lack of voice acting is killing me when compared to the likes of the DW games themselves, it's only made more painful since the between mission narration is fully voiced!

The last DW game I played was 3 way back in the day; I do kinda miss the bad voice acting. "You're a better warrior than I have heard! :haw:"

HondaCivet posted:

Does anyone else find her pretty disturbing? It's that laugh mostly. And the almost-nakedness. She's like a crazy homeless woman you'd run into while hiking in a forest.

Oh lord yes.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Wait I thought this was patched out. Is there a way to uninstall the patch?

On other notes: seems like the requirements for the second Gold Skulltula in Legend stages are very particular. You need to use the exact level weapon they ask for; the Master Sword does not count as a Knight's Sword.

Vvv: oh. Herp. That makes sense!

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 30, 2014

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wild Knight posted:

Wait I thought this was patched out. Is there a way to uninstall the patch?

On other notes: seems like the requirements for the second Gold Skulltula in Legend stages are very particular. You need to use the exact level weapon they ask for; the Master Sword does not count as a Knight's Sword.

The master sword is classified as a different weapon entirely, but you can use any rank weapon to get the skulltula. Like for example, if it just asks for hylian sword, you can still use the 8-bit wooden sword or the magical sword, as long as it's within that weapon tree.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I can't access the Adventure Mode battle with the first power bracelet (directly above where you unlock Ruto) even though it's unlocked and I meet all the requirements. When I choose "begin battle" it gives me the generic "play more story mode to progress" message.

Is my game just permanently glitched or am I missing something extremely obvious?

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I can't access the Adventure Mode battle with the first power bracelet (directly above where you unlock Ruto) even though it's unlocked and I meet all the requirements. When I choose "begin battle" it gives me the generic "play more story mode to progress" message.

Is my game just permanently glitched or am I missing something extremely obvious?

How far are you in Legend Mode? Some battlefields are gated off until you've completed them in the main storyline.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

RocketDarkness posted:

How far are you in Legend Mode? Some battlefields are gated off until you've completed them in the main storyline.

Yeah, it's unlocked and appears available (it was part of the brown-colored section that was unlocked after completing the Sealed Grounds), that's why it doesn't make any sense.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ganondorf is a stone-cold badass, and might be my favorite character yet. Whoever had the problem in his first stage with the Gold Skulltula popping up too early because you're just owning too hard, I feel your pain.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

THE loving MOON posted:

Ganondorf is a stone-cold badass, and might be my favorite character yet. Whoever had the problem in his first stage with the Gold Skulltula popping up too early because you're just owning too hard, I feel your pain.

Everything about Ganondorf is cool as hell. His hair, his combos, his campaign quests (except the ending bit of the 3rd one which is bullshit and the only part of Legend Mode to force me to restart a map because I got checkpointed at a bad spot.), and his lines. The best one being (Spoilers for Valley Of Seers 3)

Impa: You defeated a phantom double. You must be very proud of yourself.

Ganondorf: You act like I've never used that trick myself :smuggo:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My NNID is bobjr8, so if anyone wants to add me for Adventure Mode stuff that would be great. I'll add the people in the OP.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

To get a reward in adventure mode do you need to play with the right character? Like if the A rank reward is a heart container for Impa do I need to play as Impa?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cake Attack posted:

To get a reward in adventure mode do you need to play with the right character? Like if the A rank reward is a heart container for Impa do I need to play as Impa?

Yeah. I got A Rank on a level with a heart container for Ruto as Impa and didn't get the heart afterwards.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Yeah, if the reward has a character icon on it you have to play as that character to earn it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone remind me what button toggles the map zoom in. It keeps happening tonight and I don't like it.

E: I also just got my first secondary Adventure Mode Skulltula. I think this is the moment when I begin to get competent at this game.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

greatn posted:

The thing that doesn't make sense to me about Cia as a character, is if she wants Link so bad why not just show him those bomb rear end titties?

Expound on that - if Link gets with Cia, he also gets with
Lana by default. They're the same person!

Poor Link. All the courage, no personality or ability to speak.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone remind me what button toggles the map zoom in. It keeps happening tonight and I don't like it.

E: I also just got my first secondary Adventure Mode Skulltula. I think this is the moment when I begin to get competent at this game.

Up/Down on the D-pad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thanks Internet posted:

Up/Down on the D-pad.

Thanks. I must be hitting it with my thumb or something stupid.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Psyker posted:

Expound on that - if Link gets with Cia, he also gets with
Lana by default. They're the same person!

Poor Link. All the courage, no personality or ability to speak.

Cockblocked by destiny.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ, gently caress Agitha's level 3 unlock. I have her at level 75 and it's till not enough to power through. Dinolfos are just stupidly defensive or something I guess, and they swarm you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw hell yes level 2 gauntlets, naginata and even freaking Deku Spear. I am on a roll tonight.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm so bad at getting A rank on anything that requires me to avoid damage. Either that or I get hosed by something stupid - how do I know how many enemies I need to kill in a stage to get A rank? Some it's 1000, others it's some arbitrary number above that.
It's so annoying to spend 10 minutes on a stage and then get a B because I didn't kill enough enemies, ESPECIALLY when the stages time you. I just don't think I'll ever unlock some stuff.

Also do the NPC characters mirror yours? Sheik is the character I play the most and she's level 50 whereas everyone else is in the mid 30s and if I encounter Sheik in a level she's killing some characters in just a few hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Has anyone completed the first illustration yet? I've gotten the Skulltulla on every normal mode stage, but I seem to be missing 2 pieces, and doing hard mode started a different illustration.

• Locked thread