Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I can appreciate the effort that student is putting forth but online petitions are basically worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Well the petition was started through UM's own system apparently, so in this case it's a pretty decent way to directly show the administration that a bunch of students are upset. Getting ~5,500 signatures in a couple of days sends a pretty good message compared to just getting #FireHokeIntoTheSun trending or something equally symbolic.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

VDay posted:

Well the petition was started through UM's own system apparently, so in this case it's a pretty decent way to directly show the administration that a bunch of students are upset. Getting ~5,500 signatures in a couple of days sends a pretty good message compared to just getting #FireHokeIntoTheSun trending or something equally symbolic.

Oh poo poo I looked right past that. I figured it was one of those stupid change.org ones

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm pulling for Brandon to get a contract extension just because he pisses off Michigan Men so much.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

This Saturday is gonna be boss as hell. Can't wait to get back to Starkville and watch the Tebow-Newton lovechild run wild on some Aggies B)

The state of Mississippi will be the the college football nexus for a weekend and it's gonna own

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Go get em Bill, I voted for you

every
Apr 24, 2008

MourningView posted:

Poor Aaron Murray was like Richt-era Georgia Football personified. Really good the entire time he was there and never properly appreciated.

I think most fans appreciated Murray, and I think a majority of fans appreciate Richt.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Alouicious posted:

Go get em Bill, I voted for you

Of course, Republicans will claim this is just a Democrat taking the opportunity to smear Job Creator, noted Republican, Mitt Romney supporter, and former Bain Capital employee Dave Brandon's reputation.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sure the guy's co-chair of that Brain Injury Caucus, but I like to think of it as Rutgers making an impact on the Big 10 since he's a NJ rep.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 38s38 seconds ago posted:

Leach surprised his comments abt the end of civilization caused a stir: "I shouldve added 'You can save yourself by reading SwingYourSword."

This loving guy :allears:

e: EDSBS needs a companion piece to Hattin' rear end Spurrier that's just fake Mike Leach talking about completely random poo poo every week.

Speaking of which, week 5 HAS is up: http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/9/30/6873461/hatin-rear end-spurrier-takes-week-5-down-a-peg

quote:

Miami beat Duke, but the real winner when these two meet is unprosecuted white-collar crime as a profession.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

VDay posted:

ahahaha mike leach fuckin' owns

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

e: EDSBS needs a companion piece to Hattin' rear end Spurrier that's just fake Mike Leach talking about completely random poo poo every week.

Speaking of which, week 5 HAS is up: http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/9/30/6873461/hatin-rear end-spurrier-takes-week-5-down-a-peg

"An Iowa-Purdue game is like if Jonestown had commercial breaks."

"Now, now, y'all, I'm just kidding. Jonestown had the decency to only play the once."

Jeeeeeeeeeeesus

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HAS posted:

Christian Hackenberg's not a statue, so I'm not really sure why Penn State's having problems with him.

:drat: The guys that do this have some seriously strong one-liners every week.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thoguh posted:

I'm pulling for Brandon to get a contract extension just because he pisses off Michigan Men so much.

I'm looking forward to the day that Dave Brandon is named as the new AD for ISU.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
"It's called the SEC East "race" because nobody down here is good at dealing with it."

:vince:

How are these guys so consistently good?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Urban Meyer's got the best football team in the state of Ohio, which is kind of like having the best credit score in the state of Ohio."

hahahah-awwww :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

House reps are the whack-job scrubs of the political world though, if it was a Senator, then there'd be larger cause for concern on Brandon's part.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Scarf posted:

House reps are the whack-job scrubs of the political world though, if it was a Senator, then there'd be larger cause for concern on Brandon's part.

I'd rather be a House rep than a State House rep.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

@jcshurburtt: #Michigan interviewed Kevin Sumlin when it hired Hoke and turned him down http://t.co/A2ToejAwRQ

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

pillsburysoldier posted:

@jcshurburtt: #Michigan interviewed Kevin Sumlin when it hired Hoke and turned him down http://t.co/A2ToejAwRQ

In fairness most bad decisions look terrible in hindsight.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dennard and Gardner would've been fun to watch in a scheme like Sumlin's. :allears:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Stunt Rock posted:

In fairness most bad decisions look terrible in hindsight.

Sumlin didn't look all that special at the end of the 2010 season. 23-16 in three years at a CUSA school at that point. It was 2011 that he went supernova.

So I can't really fault the decision too much, but it's sure a nice What if?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Dennard and Gardner would've been fun to watch in a scheme like Sumlin's. :allears:

Denard would have been really bad in an Air Raid. He was a great player but not a good passer at all. Rich Rod's offense was perfect for him.

Deteriorata posted:

Sumlin didn't look all that special at the end of the 2010 season. 23-16 in three years at a CUSA school at that point. It was 2011 that he went supernova.

'10 was his worst season too, although I think Keenum was hurt or something? I don't remember the exact circumstances. Year before that he won the conference though, and then they were great in '11.

But yeah Michigan couldn't have gotten away with hiring a guy who had just gone 5-7 in CUSA, and they were avoiding spread guys anyway.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 30, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MourningView posted:

Denard would have been really bad in an Air Raid. He was a great player but not a good passer at all. Rich Rod's offense was perfect for him.

'10 was his worst season too, although I think Keenum was hurt or something? I don't remember the exact circumstances. Year before that he won the conference though, and then they were great in '11.

But yeah Michigan couldn't have gotten away with hiring a guy who had just gone 5-7 in CUSA, and they were avoiding spread guys anyway.

I think that might have been the year Houston had 2 or 3 QBs go down with injury.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

And for loving once the real Michigan Men won.

I mean, really.

Action Saxxon
Dec 21, 2004

Please be Baaaaack.

Deteriorata posted:

Tennessee also interviewed him after the 2010 season and they weren't the only school that requested to speak with him...Sumlin wasn't heading to Michigan though, this tale is kinda stretching the truth.

Spacebump posted:

I think that might have been the year Houston had 2 or 3 QBs go down with injury.

Keenum and his backup (Cotton Turner) both went down at UCLA, leaving a walkon senior and two true freshmen.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean, really.

No True ScotsMichigan Man

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
“Our uhm program tends to regard as a uh sickness any thought or behavior that is uh incon uhm inconvenient for the team and this is plausible because when aaaan individual doesn't fit into the program....well it....it causes pain to the individual as well as problems for the team. The uh the manipulation of an individual to adjust him to the program is seen as a cure for a sickness and uh it's uh good.”

-Brady Hoke

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jeopardy had a college football stadium nicknames categories and they saved it to the end and we didn't get to see half of them.

Also dumb lady thought that Ole Miss was the Trojans.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

Welp. Muschamp: No plan to play 2 QBs

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20140929/ARTICLES/140929625?tc=cr

Enjoy your victory Tennessee.

I'm at a loss as to what Driskel has to do in order to get Muschamp to pull him. It isn't losing tons of games, that's for sure.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sash! posted:

Jeopardy had a college football stadium nicknames categories and they saved it to the end and we didn't get to see half of them.

People on Jeopardy are terrible at sports poo poo which is why all the questions are so basic

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

People on Jeopardy are terrible at sports poo poo which is why all the questions are so basic

They also all got Final Jeopardy wrong and the question was very obviously "Who is Hitler?"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

David Brandon going to asking for a Big House Bailout next.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

One of the guys was Canadian. It was not the best time to trot out that category.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Detroit_Dogg posted:

“Our uhm program tends to regard as a uh sickness any thought or behavior that is uh incon uhm inconvenient for the team and this is plausible because when aaaan individual doesn't fit into the program....well it....it causes pain to the individual as well as problems for the team. The uh the manipulation of an individual to adjust him to the program is seen as a cure for a sickness and uh it's uh good.”

-Brady Hoke

I want a Brady Hoke statement generator that just randomly inserts "uh"s "the"s and ellipsis into generic football coach jargon.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

East Carolina actually won Conference USA in 2009 and it was a fairly big upset at the time. UH had beaten Oklahoma State and Texas Tech in pretty dramatic fashion in OOC and rode that hype to staying ranked most of the year, and I think they were like 20th or something at the time of the game.......and then Houston did their usual Houston Sports Team thing and coughed up the title. Of course, that all gets overshadowed in 2011 by the Southern Miss unspeakable nightmare, which itself isn't even a top 5 upset in the history of UH athletics. Upsets is kind of Houston's niche in the NCAA.

The only title UH won in CUSA was in 2006, Kevin Kolb's senior year. Beat Southern Miss and then lost to Carolina in I think Spurrier's first season. That was a letdown. That could have been a big year too as far as potential BCS run if Kolb could have gotten one more pass on Miami and not lost to Louisiana-Lafayette.

Speaking of Louisiana-Lafayette, the guy that finished out that 2010 disaster, Terrence Broadway, actually is having himself a nice run at ULL...at least as nice as it gets in the Sun Belt.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 1, 2014

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Declan MacManus posted:

This is true at all levels of quiz bowl bullshit. I am a giant nerd, okay

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

TheGreyGhost posted:

I want a Brady Hoke statement generator that just randomly inserts "uh"s "the"s and ellipsis into generic football coach jargon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY

i never get tired of this video

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Seriously, this is just as funny the 5th or 6th time. I love when he says "Brady Hoke".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Anyone who figures out where that quote is from wins a prize

• Locked thread