Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
This can probably clear up a lot of confusion for a lot of dudes, so lemme get this on the record:

Imagine if heterosexual intercourse consisted of a woman rubbing her clit against a man's scrotum until she came (within like three minutes) and then she acted completely mystified and somewhat annoyed when the man didn't get off from this act within the same amount of time.

This is what heterosexual sex is like for a lot of women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

This can probably clear up a lot of confusion for a lot of dudes, so lemme get this on the record:

Imagine if heterosexual intercourse consisted of a woman rubbing her clit against a man's scrotum until she came (within like three minutes) and then she acted completely mystified and somewhat annoyed when the man didn't get off from this act within the same amount of time.

This is what heterosexual sex is like for a lot of women.

Pretty much what I was getting at but better said. :)

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
You put it well too, I just wanted to make sure the point wasn't missed.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Where can I find a good database of doctors and/or therapists that deal with minor sexual issues like a low sex drive, for the Saint Louis, MO area? My fiancee has been struggling with his for a good while now. It went from us having sex a few times a week to now about once every month or so (and even that is him forcing himself to have sex) over the course of a year and a half. He says he's just disinterested in sex. We've talked about it, and he wants to get back to where he was when the relationship first began, but he has no idea where to begin looking for help on this. He'd like to do a physical exam first just to make sure it's not hormonal or something, but I honestly feel it's more psychological. He's been under a lot of stress lately (we moved from Lousiana to Missouri, he went from a decently paying job to a lower paying one, he's feeling insecure about our relationship because he thinks that if he doesn't start sleeping with me more I'll leave him (not true), and his (undiagnosed) depression has been kicking in a lot more than normal lately too). I honestly think that just having a therapist help him work through his mental/emotional stuff will get him to a place where his libido will naturally get back to normal.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Soysaucebeast posted:

Where can I find a good database of doctors and/or therapists that deal with minor sexual issues like a low sex drive, for the Saint Louis, MO area? My fiancee has been struggling with his for a good while now. It went from us having sex a few times a week to now about once every month or so (and even that is him forcing himself to have sex) over the course of a year and a half. He says he's just disinterested in sex. We've talked about it, and he wants to get back to where he was when the relationship first began, but he has no idea where to begin looking for help on this. He'd like to do a physical exam first just to make sure it's not hormonal or something, but I honestly feel it's more psychological. He's been under a lot of stress lately (we moved from Lousiana to Missouri, he went from a decently paying job to a lower paying one, he's feeling insecure about our relationship because he thinks that if he doesn't start sleeping with me more I'll leave him (not true), and his (undiagnosed) depression has been kicking in a lot more than normal lately too). I honestly think that just having a therapist help him work through his mental/emotional stuff will get him to a place where his libido will naturally get back to normal.

The best ways are going through your insurance, or getting a recommendation from another mental health professional. I'd also recommend seeing someone if he has depression issues for that alone; depression sucks, affects every part of your life, and rarely gets better with time.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
If you're absolutely batting zero on getting recommendations/referrals from actual people, the Psychology Today therapist directory is better than nothing.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Note: Getting women off is hard, be happy she can take care of it herself.

Do people really think this is true?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mans posted:

Can you prove it one way or the other?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Mans posted:

While not as hard as they make it sound, it is significantly more difficult than getting a man off. Or at least less straight forward

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

While not as hard as they make it sound, it is significantly more difficult than getting a man off. Or at least less straight forward

Less obvious result too.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Unless they're into g-spotting. :pervert:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

neongrey posted:

Unless they're into g-spotting. :pervert:

Is that like dogspotting?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Nah, more like trainspotting, in that it works better when you have lots of hard drugs.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

Can you prove it one way or the other?

If Orangutans know how to rub each other off i'm pretty sure even a goon will know after a few months of experiment how to produce a female orgasm. There's even a dude who is offended that his woman is getting off during sex.

If all else fails i guess you can study this guide in detail.

http://www.wikihow.com/Arouse-Girls

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mans posted:

If Orangutans know how to rub each other off i'm pretty sure even a goon will know after a few months of experiment how to produce a female orgasm. There's even a dude who is offended that his woman is getting off during sex.

If all else fails i guess you can study this guide in detail.

http://www.wikihow.com/Arouse-Girls

Yeah none of that is proof. Did the orangutan tell you personally that she wasn't just faking it to make her partner feel like a stud? I got it on good authority that study feeling orangutan give you 100% durans.

A puddle of cum dripping out of a penis is proof.

Go watch "when Harry met Sally" that seminal movie on the subject.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

yikes

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah none of that is proof. Did the orangutan tell you personally that she wasn't just faking it to make her partner feel like a stud? I got it on good authority that study feeling orangutan give you 100% durans.

A puddle of cum dripping out of a penis is proof.

Go watch "when Harry met Sally" that seminal movie on the subject.

How much do you like trains?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mans posted:

How much do you like trains?

Oh right I got this....

Not as much as your mom?( tell her I said hi)

Back on subject and the point of the whole thing is the data would be skewed pretty hard because of the nature of the female orgasm it's really her just her word.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh right I got this....

Not as much as your mom?( tell her I said hi)

Back on subject and the point of the whole thing is the data would be skewed pretty hard because of the nature of the female orgasm it's really her just her word.

Are you suggesting that women regularly lie about orgasming?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Drink and Fight posted:

Are you suggesting that women regularly lie about orgasming?

I'm saying it's hard for a layman to prove compared to a man orgasming. I'm sure a scientist in a lab with all sorts of sensors could prove it for an individual woman.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Hypothesis: A lady's ease of achieving orgasm is directly correlated with her partner's trust in her to accurately report orgasms.

Anyone know how to submit poo poo to the Mythbusters?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm saying it's hard for a layman to prove compared to a man orgasming. I'm sure a scientist in a lab with all sorts of sensors could prove it for an individual woman.

Hahah oh my god

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Soylent Pudding posted:

Hypothesis: A lady's ease of achieving orgasm is directly correlated with her partner's trust in her to accurately report orgasms.

Anyone know how to submit poo poo to the Mythbusters?

I can buy that. If a woman communicates her likes and dislikes both verbally and through body language and gives good feedback during sex it's both easiest to get her off and easier to believe its a real orgasm. If a man listens to and responds to said feedback he's both more likely to get her off and more likely (as he has noted her reactions) to believe she has orgasmed.

Correlation rather than causation though.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

LingcodKilla posted:

Marvelous.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Heh, layman.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

:cripes:

It's pretty loving obvious when it's real vs fake. Audio queues are the least important part.

EDIT: If you can't tell if your girlfriends orgasms are real or not they probably aren't.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
Forums poster LingcodKilla has a legitimate point. When I encounter the issue I solve it by just printing out a bunch of these and issuing them as needed http://i.imgur.com/EmGnum5.png

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

whydirt posted:

Heh, layman.

Had a good ring to it. Kinda proud of that one.

^^^ please supply a copy written in orangutan ^^^

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Puddle of cumm-psycho

Stravinsky fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 13, 2014

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

LingcodKilla posted:

Had a good ring to it. Kinda proud of that one.

^^^ please supply a copy written in orangutan ^^^

Came for the sex FAQ, stayed for the hot ape-on-ape action. :pervert:

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

LingcodKilla posted:

hahahahahahaha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

please explain what a female orgasm is

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

He has a point though: what if all of the women are lying???

im scared

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

A lot of women do lie about having orgasms, I don't see how this is controversial at all. A number of studies have shown that women report faking orgasms in huge numbers, like 60-80% of the sample size.

Men are often weird about it when you can't come from intercourse or need extreme measures to even come from clitoral stimulation. I've been told that I have a broken vagina and lectured about how we just need to try X thing and I'll get there a number of times. At this point I know my body pretty well and know it's not going to happen, although I might try the position or act anyway just because it can be fun in itself without an orgasm. Faking is a bad idea if you are just trying to appease your partner and are self-conscious about taking a long time to come or having to ask them to do a certain thing (because you could absolutely be having better sex if you're honest), but in a situation where it will make no difference to your own pleasure and improve your partner's self-esteem, you might as well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Weldon Pemberton posted:

A lot of women do lie about having orgasms, I don't see how this is controversial at all. A number of studies have shown that women report faking orgasms in huge numbers, like 60-80% of the sample size.

Men are often weird about it when you can't come from intercourse or need extreme measures to even come from clitoral stimulation. I've been told that I have a broken vagina and lectured about how we just need to try X thing and I'll get there a number of times. At this point I know my body pretty well and know it's not going to happen, although I might try the position or act anyway just because it can be fun in itself without an orgasm. Faking is a bad idea if you are just trying to appease your partner and are self-conscious about taking a long time to come or having to ask them to do a certain thing (because you could absolutely be having better sex if you're honest), but in a situation where it will make no difference to your own pleasure and improve your partner's self-esteem, you might as well.

That pretty much sums up what I was trying to convey before primates got brought up.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys should start mocking people who say stupid things, just saying.

Missouri Fever
Feb 5, 2009

av by ed
do re mi
fà pí qì

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I've been told that I have a broken vagina and lectured about how we just need to try X thing and I'll get there a number of times.

I am legit sorry this happened to you. But:

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Faking is a bad idea if you are just trying to appease your partner...but in a situation where it will make no difference to your own pleasure and improve your partner's self-esteem, you might as well.

So you shouldn't fake it to appease a partner's frustration, but you should fake it to comfort their insecurity?

gently caress that. Why should you work so hard to disguise how you're feeling, just to spare someone else's feelings? Why should your partner's feelings matter more than yours?

I'm not saying guys aren't allowed to feel bad in the situation; I just think you don't have to lie about your feelings to be supportive of them.

Please don't resign yourself to having to be the bigger person, to persuade yourself that faking "makes no difference to your pleasure."

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

If you fake it how will your partner ever learn what actually makes you feel good? If s/he is not interested in learning why would you even want to be loving them?

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I think sometimes it's just easier. There's times when I know I'm not going to have one (which is nothing to do with anything my partners doing - the stars just aren't going to align), don't particularly care about having one or not and everything is perfectly nice without one so I just exaggerate a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

That pretty much sums up what I was trying to convey before primates got brought up.
no, you wanted to strap women to machines and interrogate them until they confessed about the true nature of the legendary female orgasm.