Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

Got a Lv73 Medium Quest with a 5 silver final boss reward right here, a Lv68 Short with 5 and a Lv70 Short with 4.

Personally I need 6 yellow and 6 red shards and then I'll have everyone unlocked

I'll be home in a couple hours - I've probably got something that covers most of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do I get red and black chocobos?

I only ever get white ones

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How do I get red and black chocobos?

I only ever get white ones

It seems random to me but I could be wrong?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
you get white for perfect, yellow for 1 or 2 great/good, red for a handful of great/goods, black for doing a few bads or no criticals

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Minrad posted:

you get white for perfect, yellow for 1 or 2 great/good, red for a handful of great/goods, black for doing a few bads or no criticals

Uhhhh how dare they leave out my gold chocobo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I started using all the dif chocobo chimes for FMS maps, game infinitely improved :3:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

just got this game and it seems super cool. downloaded the free DLC and yuffie because she was my favorite ff7 character back in gradeschool

any must-have DLC or am i good with the base game?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Crazy Chocobo

Good King Moggle Mog XII

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Mannn I love the battle theme from FFX-2 so much

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Crazy Chocobo is good DLC, but it's super hard on Ultimate.

Honestly I'd just stay with the base game for a while if you just got it. I've been playing for around 13 hours and have only cleared around 1/3 of the beat maps in the game. There's over 220 songs, with 3 difficulties each, so that makes for at least 660 beat maps to clear.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

i think i have some silver shards, I will check when I get home and send you a message

I thought I did but I don't, sorry :(

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm not fond of FMSes and I hope using the pad will help next time I play

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

Got a Lv73 Medium Quest with a 5 silver final boss reward right here, a Lv68 Short with 5 and a Lv70 Short with 4.

Personally I need 6 yellow and 6 red shards and then I'll have everyone unlocked

Sorry for being so slow!

I have a 7 red quest and a 7 yellow quest - the latter I got from a versus match with elf help book, so you might just get it directly. Want the first?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

fronz posted:

Sorry for being so slow!

I have a 7 red quest and a 7 yellow quest - the latter I got from a versus match with elf help book, so you might just get it directly. Want the first?
I went to bed after my previous post due to time zones so no worries heh

I could take both of those. Send me a PM with Skype infos or something so we can try to find some time when we're both actually around.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

I went to bed after my previous post due to time zones so no worries heh

I could take both of those. Send me a PM with Skype infos or something so we can try to find some time when we're both actually around.

Sent a PM.
Is it possible to send the same person more than one Chaos map? I guess so, if you play again after they nab your old one.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

DLCs dont appear in quest medleys, yeah?

I still have so many characters left to unlock, wtf. feels like I've put a ton of time in and there's still a lot left to do and unplayed songs still pop up. game rules.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Minrad posted:

I still have so many characters left to unlock, wtf. feels like I've put a ton of time in and there's still a lot left to do and unplayed songs still pop up. game rules.

DLC can appear in any quest you get after buying the DLC (not quests you had before but haven't started yet, or quests you were halfway through, as far as I can tell). No idea what happens when you give the quest to someone without the DLC.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Minrad posted:

It does, I've gotten Canto Mortis in Medleys at least twice.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Oh, cool.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

fronz posted:

Is it possible to send the same person more than one Chaos map? I guess so, if you play again after they nab your old one.
Alright yeah for anyone wondering we can confirm that proficards indeed update with new maps if you change maps and play again so you can get any number of maps you want from the same person.

So thanks to the maps I got from fronz I can now get all the shards I need to unlock everyone.

(watch the map I unlock by clearing the quest I had in progress while I got them have bounties of the red and yellow shards that I needed)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

cool trick: start a quest and start the first song and just fail it on purpose.

enjoy your free, new quest -10 levels of whatever you failed

used this to make some peach quests today :toot:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Minrad posted:

cool trick: start a quest and start the first song and just fail it on purpose.

enjoy your free, new quest -10 levels of whatever you failed

used this to make some peach quests today :toot:

also if you just want the reward from a midboss, you can beat it and then game over on the next song and itll give you that prize

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you might be able to just open the map, hit b to leave the map and abandon quest, i think that forces a game over

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
is x-2 yrp + cecil a good team

x-2 owns and cecil's dark and soul shift are great and his hair is fantastic enough to fit in

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Goat posted:

is x-2 yrp + cecil a good team

x-2 owns and cecil's dark and soul shift are great and his hair is fantastic enough to fit in

everything is a good team, except possibly on level 90+ quests there's not a chance you'll need to minmax stats or team setup

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i had a quest where the final boss caused the stupid rotating arrows and the song had a ton of arrows so i made my party to kill the boss as fast as possible and it helped

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i just keep ending up with a bunch of people with RUN REAL FAST as a skill and nothing useful for BMSes

cecil's level 40 and hanging out at SSS strength :v

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
my level 30 cecil has like 57 strength and is otherwise a useless piece of poo poo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
get dark + dark 2 + soul shift and he goes from that to a terrifying beast. he's at 226 strength on mine

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Scare is a great skill to make sure you get the boss in time to kill it. Use some limit breaks as well obviously.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Widestancer posted:

Uhhhh how dare they leave out my gold chocobo

I think you get that one if you have thoroughbred

I have no idea why rinoa has that. Did she do something with chocobos that I don't remember

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think you get that one if you have thoroughbred

I have no idea why rinoa has that. Did she do something with chocobos that I don't remember

nah but her limit break is her dog so she's good with animals.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rikku seems pretty good for FMS maps

Anyone who learns Focus+added cut+limit break you can pretty much use that, I have cloud and Auron and Payne doing that if I'm using 4 attackers

Sephiroth has added cut, firaga thundaga ultima

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
is added cut something learned by specific characters or is it learned via a scroll?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

is added cut something learned by specific characters or is it learned via a scroll?

specific characters. Combo it by throwing in onion knight, who gets all the low-level spells, and you can spam added cut because you're throwing out spells like crazy

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Hell yeah, all characters unlocked!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
fronz's song has been chosen like six times in a row.

but i'm also trying to troll with OWA so i probably deserve it

edit: YES FINALLY

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I had the arrows randomly start rotating during a FMS in a medley quest. I didn't know what the gently caress, except that it screwed up my perfect chain!!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah it happens in quest mode if a FMS or BMS is really high level. For BMS you'll get spins and I think some other effects that can occur in Versus, and usually only while a boss is alive. For FMS as far as I can tell it's just a specific part of the song that has spinny arrows, and usually only happens if you're doing really well. I know I messed up once and the arrows stopped spinning.

If you have a setup like a bunch of limit breaks, armor break 3 and added cuts to instantly kill a boss you won't see it much in Battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I've been using Terra with Doublecast + Trance + Faith + Ultima to nuke bosses so hard that the following 5~6 enemies get killed too. Feels good.

Currently AFK-grinding basic runs for collecticards while I work; if you set up Cosmos with Paeon 1/2/3 + Soul Voice, a few characters with Counter1/2/3+Added Cut, and someone with Ultima, you can just start FFXI's Opening Theme, miss every note, counter enough to get to a boss, and then Ultima down everything. I'm using Shantotto for that purpose since Trance actually takes work to activate, and Bluff + Doublecast + Ultima + Ancient Magic is still pretty good. I just have to reach over and tap through the 'victory' screen every couple of minutes to start a new run.

• Locked thread