Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

LordHippoman posted:

Has anyone completed the first illustration yet? I've gotten the Skulltulla on every normal mode stage, but I seem to be missing 2 pieces, and doing hard mode started a different illustration.

The first two Hard Legend Mode skulltulas complete it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Given their release schedule, it basically ensures that there's always going to be new content before I can finish the old content, which is absolutely fantastic. Nintendo made the right choice with this partnership. I hope they rake in enough money that they decide to do more of this game specifically and more of licensing their characters. There's already the Pokemon/Tekken thing on the way, but just imagine the possibilities.

Pokken is gonna be arcade exclusive

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

HondaCivet posted:

Just picked this up last night and played through the first level. Pretty fun although I'm looking forward to getting way more dudes/weapons/items, vanilla soldier Link isn't too exciting.

I kind of wish they didn't let Tecmo/Team Ninja/whoever add new characters though, they just look kind of weird with the gang because they're so anime-y. And yeah, didn't really need giant anti-gravity boobs in my Zelda thank you.

It's not really new. Maybe you didn't notice them that much in OoT because they were polygons, but even Twilight Princess had characters like Telma, but the Zelda team worked really closely with them in designing these characters, to the point where some characters were rejected or redesigned, like Linkle. It's really funny seeing people try to put blame on Tecmo or Team Ninja (who explicitly worked only as combat advisors) when none of this is really out of the ordinary for Zelda.

It's fine to not like these types of designs and characters, but it's baffling to me everyone is pushing the blame on anyone but Nintendo when none of this is even new to the Zelda.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm on the thought that Lana, Cia, and Agitha definitely feel a little out of place but it's less that they're ~anime~ (game's already hella anime) and more that they're just not Zelda characters and they stick out more than they should as a result.

I mean Impa's design in this game is mega anime but it doesn't really faze me because I just go "oh it's just good ol' Impa". Meanwhile Agitha kinda bugs me a bit (pun not intended) because I don't have that "oh it's just good ol' Agitha" connection with her.

Agitha is literally her Twilight Princess model unchanged what the gently caress are you even talking about

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"Goron Captain defeated Impa"

:stare:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Goron Captain and Hyrule Captain should be added as DLC characters tbqh

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yo like three posts after that after everyone called me out I admitted I had no idea Agitha was a Zelda character because I never played Twilight Princess hence why she feels so out of place to me not because of how she's designed but because I have no attachment to the character in a Zelda References: The Game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

DrPaper posted:

Almost all fighting games start as arcade exclusives before moving to consoles. It'll almost definitely come to the Wii u later.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

DrPaper posted:

Nearly every fighting game that gets developed in Japan gets an arcade release first and then comes to consoles. Pokken is most likely getting the same treatment.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DrPaper posted:

Agreed.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Nearly every fighting game that gets developed in Japan gets an arcade release first and then comes to consoles. Pokken is most likely getting the same treatment.

Xad posted:

Almost all fighting games start as arcade exclusives before moving to consoles. It'll almost definitely come to the Wii u later.

It's copyrights were only for arcade software, much like the Mario Kart Arcade series which never got console ports either. It could happen, but there are actually a ton of games in Japan that release on Arcade that don't get ported to consoles later.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

DrPaper posted:

Agitha is literally her Twilight Princess model unchanged what the gently caress are you even talking about

The terrible secret is that Zelda was always mega anime

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Taear posted:

I'm so bad at getting A rank on anything that requires me to avoid damage. Either that or I get hosed by something stupid - how do I know how many enemies I need to kill in a stage to get A rank? Some it's 1000, others it's some arbitrary number above that.
Most stages its 1200 (or at least I have found). I always go to 1200 and never have a problem.

I've only finished the prologue, and now I'm playing a bunch of adventure mode. IS this a bad order?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
My NNID is Vanrushal, add me and all your wildest dreams will come true! As long as those dreams involve earning cool weapons/mats and not much else I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DrPaper posted:

When you die you become the worlds shittiest ghost and hold a grudge against whoever you feel like at the time

In other news though, Network Links continue to be great

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

"Goron Captain defeated Impa"

:stare:

I saw in my game today Hyrule Captain killed Wizzaro. I didn't even know he was even in the battle!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

I saw in my game today Hyrule Captain killed Wizzaro. I didn't even know he was even in the battle!

I hadn't even approached Impa as she was acting as the commander in an optional keep and I already had everything I needed, so I just went around to head for the rest of the map. But I guess Goron Captain had other ideas!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

DrPaper posted:

It's copyrights were only for arcade software, much like the Mario Kart Arcade series which never got console ports either. It could happen, but there are actually a ton of games in Japan that release on Arcade that don't get ported to consoles later.

Except none of those games were based on an insanely popular series and funded by a console maker with a struggling system on the market that could greatly use future games.

Yeah, yeah, you used MK GP as your example, but that doesn't count either, because Nintendo wouldn't want another Mario Kart out there eating into each other's sales, especially since MK GP is not all that great taken out of the context of the arcade.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Is my game just permanently glitched or am I missing something extremely obvious?

Realtalk, is anyone able to answer this? I've been scouring the internet for a solution and coming up empty handed.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Yo, lemme get in on that Network Link dealie. NNID is Shadowlyger.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
Same here, FutureBoy23, please. I don't see myself stopping this anytime soon.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

This game is heaps of fun. Nothing like murdering thousands of dudes and then failing the mission because you were distracted by murdering dudes. My Nintendo ID is CRT-Moose1983.

The music in this game kicks alot of rear end, I really want a soundtrack CD of it.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
What are you supposed to do on maps with two elemental barrier keeps but only one fairy? Just suck it up and tank one of the barriers?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

YorexTheMad posted:

What are you supposed to do on maps with two elemental barrier keeps but only one fairy? Just suck it up and tank one of the barriers?

That or just not clear it.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Wild Knight posted:

After playing this game, I really want Nintendo to trust Omega Force with one more of their franchises.

I've joked about it before but holy poo poo, Fire Emblem Warriors would make so much sense.

Pikmin Warriors. Basically Starship Troopers but with Olimar and the gang.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Anyone know if your co-op partners kills/damage taken affect your score in adventure mode?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Wild Knight posted:

After playing this game, I really want Nintendo to trust Omega Force with one more of their franchises.

Mario Warriors? Mario smashing poo poo up with a giant :fuckoff: hammer, Peach smacking Goombas away with a frying pan, and Wario basically just straight up brawling wrestler style like he did in Wario World while butt-rock versions of Mario music blares in the background, yeah I could see that working.

Guess I unintentionally did. Smash Warriors would be insane.
vvvv

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 1, 2014

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Starhawk64 posted:

Mario Warriors? Mario smashing poo poo up with a giant :fuckoff: hammer, Peach smacking Goombas away with a frying pan, and Wario basically just straight up brawling wrestler style like he did in Wario World while butt-rock versions of Mario music blares in the background, yeah I could see that working.

You just described Super Smash Bros incase you didn't realize it.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
no, wario doesnt have any of his moves like he did in wario land or world

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Have they done a sci-fi themed warriors yet? Starfox/F-Zero crossover Warriors. Cpt. Falcon's weapon is just his fists. You know you want to falcon punch everyone.

quote:

This is why Project M owns. His bike is replaced with the shoulder charge.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Dynasty Wario.

A Dynasty Warriors game, but you play as Wario and he has all his "throw people around" moves that he did in Wario World.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Have they done a sci-fi themed warriors yet? Starfox/F-Zero crossover Warriors. Cpt. Falcon's weapon is just his fists. You know you want to falcon punch everyone.

I think there were Gundam Warriors games. F-Zero Warriors would be awesomesauce.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Starhawk64 posted:

I think there were Gundam Warriors games. F-Zero Warriors would be awesomesauce.

At least 3 of them, it's basically it's own series at this point.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Fire Emblem Warriors needs to become a thing. :allears:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's a good move to use for Midna on the Devastating Attack levels. Arrow usually works good, but the Twilight Realm level with her only for some reason is giving me trouble. Mostly because I will get near the end and then get hit by one random mook and lost all but one heart, which at that point I just game over since avoiding that hit would get me a A rank on that stage.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus. So far, I've beat about ten squares in Adventure Mode with everything collected, I've gotten through four just shy of A rank, and there's one I've gotten an A rank in but still need the second skulltula and a heart piece. It's hard. My people are all hovering at around level 21 though, so maybe I just need to truck through more Legendary mode. I only just unlocked Darunia and played with him in one adventure mode stage; it was one of the quiz ones, which he definitely isn't the best for, because the hammer is anything but a precision weapon.

The quiz modes really help to unlock some of the better Attack Badges, though. Link and Impa are armed to the fuckin' teeth with combos.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I wish this game had a way of indicating if you're underleveled for an Adventure, or just what teir of weapon they expect you to have. I'm at a point where I'm not really sure which way the game intends me to progress and which of the available missions I can actually do.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Oh man. I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42FzoCiYn58

Edit: Oh, here's some footage of some bouncing boobs too. Hyrule Warriors needs DOA jiggle physics, just for Cia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76MAZVdo3OU

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 1, 2014

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I really wonder how Cia got ever so lost on her way to the set of Bayonetta 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Bicyclops posted:

Jesus. So far, I've beat about ten squares in Adventure Mode with everything collected, I've gotten through four just shy of A rank, and there's one I've gotten an A rank in but still need the second skulltula and a heart piece. It's hard. My people are all hovering at around level 21 though, so maybe I just need to truck through more Legendary mode. I only just unlocked Darunia and played with him in one adventure mode stage; it was one of the quiz ones, which he definitely isn't the best for, because the hammer is anything but a precision weapon.

The quiz modes really help to unlock some of the better Attack Badges, though. Link and Impa are armed to the fuckin' teeth with combos.

If you're below 30, Adventure mode is going to suck. Even then many levels are still going to be a pain in the rear end. 50 is a nice number at which point most of the map becomes easier.

• Locked thread