Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Well now I feel like an idiot! I was convinced for ages. Uh, thanks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MY MIND

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Holy poo poo those tarot cards that come with P4AU are gigantic.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

ChaosArgate posted:

Holy poo poo those tarot cards that come with P4AU are gigantic.
Which ones come with P4AU and which with PQ? Is there a list/gallery?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Armor-Piercing posted:

Which ones come with P4AU and which with PQ? Is there a list/gallery?

First 11 with P4AU the rest with PQ

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
it really loving sucks they wait till AFTER the Matador massacre fight to give you access to the compendium in nocturne. now what am i supposed to do? :smith:

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Get a Nozuchi. They hang out around that same area Matador is in.

I don't remember, but I think there's a magatama that nulls/drains force for sell in a shop.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Fuze Ame-no-Uzume when you hit level 18. She voids Force and Expel and comes with Media.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
thanks guys.

Is it possible to get a list of demons that effect your alignment as well? i just wanna know if if can get Metatron and stay neutral in nocturne

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 1, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Nocturne "alignment" is only affected by dialogue choices and the Amala Labyrinth.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
And Metatron is in the 5th Kalpa right? So no metatron. oh well

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Metatron is actually immediately before the point of no return

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Pretty sure you can still refuse the True Demon Ending after defeating Metatron

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dunno why you'd go for any other ending but TDE, but you aren't locked until you go into the room afterwards. So you can still get him.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dunno why you'd go for any other ending but TDE, but you aren't locked until you go into the room afterwards. So you can still get him.

I thought you weren't locked into the TDE until you reached the VERY bottom of the Labyrinth. Also entering the Tower of Kagutsuchi before completion of the Labyrinth locks you out of TDE.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've already seen a reference to Persona Q in P4U story mode. Yosuke talks about the seven mysteries of yasogami and an endless hallway. It actually makes sense too since it comes afterwards. Margaret also mentions it's their third ordeal, although it seems in that case she counted P4A as the second one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

P$A and P4U seem like the same ordeal, really. Same person is behind both.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dehry posted:

I've already seen a reference to Persona Q in P4U story mode. Yosuke talks about the seven mysteries of yasogami and an endless hallway.

I thought that that wasn't so much a reference as a generic high school anime trope.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I like the way the true ending bit of P4 reduces the town to two shop menus and leaves you with just the thoroughly mediocre dungeon crawling.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
On the other hand, how should they have done ? You are supposed to be doing that dungeon that's lit.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

I like the way the true ending bit of P4 reduces the town to two shop menus and leaves you with just the thoroughly mediocre dungeon crawling.

I don't know how they could have done anything else. If they added a dungeon gimmick I'm sure it'd be worse or did you want the option of stuffing your face with Rainy Day Meat Bowls all day?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The dungeon didn't have to be 8 dull floors of generic hallways, with most enemies sharing the ice weakness.

The Rainy Meat Bowls were awful i.e. the reward for maxing the stats out was getting them massively boosted for free.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The dungeon wasn't any different from the rest of them. What I really think needed to be changed was the last boss. I used the same tactic for her as I did for Ameno-sagiri. Buff, charge and attack.

It would have been nice to have her way more difficult for the true ending.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

SelenicMartian posted:

The dungeon didn't have to be 8 dull floors of generic hallways, with most enemies sharing the ice weakness.

The Rainy Meat Bowls were awful i.e. the reward for maxing the stats out was getting them massively boosted for free.

You do realise the point of the rainy day bowl is the stat increase, right? Eating it after being maxed out for free ils juste for flavour.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

You do realise the point of the rainy day bowl is the stat increase, right?
Yes, and after you master it it reports "significant" pointless stat increases instead of the usual small ones.

Was there any rhyme or reason to the fridge contents and their effects?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Yes, and after you master it it reports "significant" pointless stat increases instead of the usual small ones.

Was there any rhyme or reason to the fridge contents and their effects?

Make lunch, invite friend to your lunch, increase S.link points with them.

Other things had different effects like increasing stats or making you sick.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Make lunch, invite friend to your lunch, increase S.link points with them.

Other things had different effects like increasing stats or making you sick.

The fridge things were for quickly leveling Courage.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C6khcmGnss&t=95s

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
New Persona Q character trailers, and a story trailer for the p3 side.

Junpei: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjC5psbf7hU

Zen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVcjYdnCtlY

p3 story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4MS9BHdBUc

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Decided to stop being completely lazy and cleaned up the news section/ added and updated info in the OP. I don't follow LPs at all so if there are notable ones I should add go ahead and link them. Also, any other resources I should link or things I should add to the "faq". Also also: this thread really needs a better title.

Cheap Diner Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 3, 2014

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

Reasons you may want to play FES:

-It includes the playable epilogue, "The Answer."

Ummm....

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Welcome to the SMT Megathread, where goons gather

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welcome to the Persona Megathread: We talk about SMT too, I guess

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Beef Waifu posted:

Persona/SMT Megathread: Play P3P, P4G, and Nocturne, or :frogout:.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

SMT4 lets you wreck a dude fifty levels above you if you match the elements right, and there is an (optional) encounter in the game where you are literally expected to do that. That seems pretty :getin: to me, especially with the base-level bias that a lot of the rest of the franchise suffers.

BrightWing posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Welcome to the SMT Megathread, where goons gather

I'm likin' this one.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 3, 2014

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Megami Tensei Megathread Mk.III- Mada Dating Simulator.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sir Unimaginative posted:

SMT4 lets you wreck a dude fifty levels above you if you match the elements right, and there is an (optional) encounter in the game where you are literally expected to do that. That seems pretty :getin: to me, especially with the base-level bias that a lot of the rest of the franchise suffers.

The game doesn't actually expect you to do that, those quests are always open. I don't think you can actually complete that quest for real until way late in the game. It's really cool that it allows you to try, though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

The game doesn't actually expect you to do that, those quests are always open. I don't think you can actually complete that quest for real until way late in the game. It's really cool that it allows you to try, though.

I did it on my first try as did many others. It's really not hard if you've been playing megaten games long enough to know how to game the system.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I didn't say it was hard. I said the game isn't expecting you to go straight for them, but you can if you want and that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BrightWing posted:

This one's great, but in the interest of new stuff

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > SMT Megathread: Take Care Not To Let Any Demon Possess Your Body While You Sleep

or These Games Will Rip Your Head Off and Hee-ho! Down Your Neck

For Let's Plays, Dragonatrix did one for Devil Survior 2 and is doing one for Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2 right now

e: if those don't work lemme know, i'm a bbcode luddite

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 3, 2014