Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah I mean when the key issue in the first place is that they got hosed out of their share of the money, throwing money at the problem seems like a pretty reasonable way to go about things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I haven't really followed Marvel, except for a few series. Is the female Thor being hyped actually Angela? Looking outside this forum just brings up horrible posts by supposed comic fans that I'd rather not read. You know the type.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daler Mehndi posted:

I haven't really followed Marvel, except for a few series. Is the female Thor being hyped actually Angela? Looking outside this forum just brings up horrible posts by supposed comic fans that I'd rather not read. You know the type.

No, Angela is getting her own solo series.

Nobody knows who the character is yet. Could even be new.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

No, Angela is getting her own solo series.

Nobody knows who the character is yet. Could even be new.

IIRC Aaron's said it's somebody we've already seen in his run.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Horrible Taste posted:

IIRC Aaron's said it's somebody we've already seen in his run.

I'm assuming it's one of Thor's future-daughters from the God Bomb arc. That's my best guess, anyway; I haven't read the last few issues and I don't know what they're up to or if they're still around/still exist.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm assuming it's one of Thor's future-daughters from the God Bomb arc. That's my best guess, anyway; I haven't read the last few issues and I don't know what they're up to or if they're still around/still exist.
They are definitely still around as of the most recent issue.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I doubt that just because in the last issue, all three of them were like "WTF there was a girl Thor?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're his grand daughters.

It could be their mother.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It could be their grandmother, mmmm hot Thor on Thor action

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

SirDan3k posted:

It could be their grandmother, mmmm hot Thor on Thor action
Thor Corps gains a new meaning.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Defiance Industries posted:

I doubt that just because in the last issue, all three of them were like "WTF there was a girl Thor?"

That doesn't necessarily mean one of them won't get ripped through time in their near "future," as we saw Thor himself do in Godbomb.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kull the Conqueror posted:

That doesn't necessarily mean one of them won't get ripped through time in their near "future," as we saw Thor himself do in Godbomb.

I would like to see that. I really appreciate the trio, send them back in time and make them time-share Thors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
IF it's someone we already met, my bet is its the environmentalist SHIELD agent.

Also Did you know how great the KC Royals were? 5/10

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Just read the newest Thor. Am I right in assuming the new Thor is the allmother?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Guardians 3000 was actually sort of vaguely enjoyable.

Also if Black Widow became The Adventures Of Black Widow And X-23 I would buy multiple copies every month without fail.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Elucidarius posted:

Just read the newest Thor. Am I right in assuming the new Thor is the allmother?

That's the clear implication, but there is also clearly a break and it could be anyone who ended up taking up the hammer.

Also it'd be a bit weird for her to start calling herself "Thor."

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
My guess is Roz Solomon, just because naming the new Thor after Jack Kirby's wife feels like a thing Jason Aaron would do

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Elucidarius posted:

There's an article up on nerdist that talks about Freyja with Aaron and says that the new Thor is someone that we've seen before or he's written about. It kinda makes me wonder if the new Thor is somehow linked to All Black the Necro Sword. The black eyes, different black accent on the costume, tweaked power set, or the new Thor IS the Annihiblade personified. But my money is still it being Toruun, the daughter from the future.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 1, 2014

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

drat it quote does not equal edit!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Just reread Moon Knight in the trade that just came out. If you missed the 6 issues Ellis did you hosed up real bad and need to buy this trade right now.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Senor Candle posted:

Just reread Moon Knight in the trade that just came out. If you missed the 6 issues Ellis did you hosed up real bad and need to buy this trade right now.

insanely true. What a good run, and im sad that it was only 6 issues.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
So it looks like I missed some setup between Thor:GoT and the new series, do I need to read Original Sin? And are there Thor/Original Sins tie ins too?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Elucidarius posted:

It's too obvious so it won't be but yeah, that's the only person shown so far who makes any sense, especially if Sif already tried and failed with the rest of them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Wow the way they wrote out Jet Black was horrible. I hope there is more to the story, but what a stupid way of turning her bad. Other than that Falcon should be a good Cap.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

So it looks like I missed some setup between Thor:GoT and the new series, do I need to read Original Sin? And are there Thor/Original Sins tie ins too?

Not really. In OS, Nick Fury whispers something unreadable to Thor and all of a sudden he can't lift his hammer. That's it. And the Thor&Loki tie-in had nothing to do with it because it happens like First issues of OS > Thor fucks off because he's learned a TERRIBLE SECRET > Thor&Loki OS tie-in > Thor flies back to Earth > The rest of OS, including the part where he can't lift his hammer.

Unless I'm really misremembering in which case I'm sure 5 people will correct me within the span of two minutes.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Diet Poison posted:

Not really. In OS, Nick Fury whispers something unreadable to Thor and all of a sudden he can't lift his hammer. That's it. And the Thor&Loki tie-in had nothing to do with it because it happens like First issues of OS > Thor fucks off because he's learned a TERRIBLE SECRET > Thor&Loki OS tie-in > Thor flies back to Earth > The rest of OS, including the part where he can't lift his hammer.

Unless I'm really misremembering in which case I'm sure 5 people will correct me within the span of two minutes.

I'm talking mostly about Thor losing the hammer and Odin returning. If there's not much more to it than that then I won't bother, unless OS was really worth reading on its own merits

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I'm talking mostly about Thor losing the hammer and Odin returning. If there's not much more to it than that then I won't bother, unless OS was really worth reading on its own merits

Thor and Loki had Odin return. It was a pretty good miniseries and the OS event was one of the better ones. However, Thor is not in it a lot.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

Not really. In OS, Nick Fury whispers something unreadable to Thor and all of a sudden he can't lift his hammer. That's it.
Is this supposed to be cleared up within OS proper, or sometime later in Thor?

VVVV
Roger roger.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 1, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

Is this supposed to be cleared up within OS proper, or sometime later in Thor?

Thor is where it will be cleared up later

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
My favorite part of today's Captain America was when the bad guys in the epilogue called Sam Wilson a community organizer with no experience because good god Rick Remender I've seen more subtle metaphors in loving Kieron Gillen books, and at least he's TRYING.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

So Brian Wood appears to have just thrown out the dynamic on Moon Knight because it worked too well or something.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

So Brian Wood appears to have just thrown out the dynamic on Moon Knight because it worked too well or something.

What are you talking about Moon Knight ended at issue #6

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone here figure out what the gently caress is happening in Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier? Because I sure as poo poo can't. :psyduck: The art was really cool for the first few pages, but then Rudy goes loving bonkers and not in a good way. This is one of the most visually confusing comics I've ever tried to read. The dialogue and writing seem good, but holy poo poo I seriously just don't know what's happening on-panel like 40% of the time.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Can anyone here figure out what the gently caress is happening in Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier? Because I sure as poo poo can't. :psyduck: The art was really cool for the first few pages, but then Rudy goes loving bonkers and not in a good way. This is one of the most visually confusing comics I've ever tried to read. The dialogue and writing seem good, but holy poo poo I seriously just don't know what's happening on-panel like 40% of the time.

Yeah, that style confused the hell out of me too. It was unique and find the weird localea the book was going to but it was hard to tell which character was talking and at the end I'm not sure if that was supposed to be Nick Fury or Steve Rogers that shot Bucky.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah, that style confused the hell out of me too. It was unique and find the weird localea the book was going to but it was hard to tell which character was talking and at the end I'm not sure if that was supposed to be Nick Fury or Steve Rogers that shot Bucky.

I think its future Bucky as he has the star on his shoulder.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

ElNarez posted:

My favorite part of today's Captain America was when the bad guys in the epilogue called Sam Wilson a community organizer with no experience because good god Rick Remender I've seen more subtle metaphors in loving Kieron Gillen books, and at least he's TRYING.

Remender is many things but he sure isn't subtle. His Venom run practically hits you over the head with addiction/daddy problem themes.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

notthegoatseguy posted:

Remender is many things but he sure isn't subtle. His Venom run practically hits you over the head with addiction/daddy problem themes.

Are you guys talking about Sharon when she wearing the robe? Wait was that supposed to be a secret or something because she's been brainwashed evil pawn more then she's been a good guy.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Lots more namedrops in Winter Soldier, suggesting that Ales Kot really likes electronic music. Besides the aforementioned Merzbow, I also noticed:

- "Syro", the new album by Aphex Twin
- "Drokk", a swear word from Judge Dredd
- Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor
- Rapper Devlin
- German director Werner Herzog
- "Ventolin", a song by Aphex Twin
- "Rossz Czillag Alatt Szuletett", a song by Venetian Snares
- "Ulalume", a poem by Edgar Allan Poe
- "The lost glove is happy", a quote from Nabokov's "Pale Fire" (okay, I had to look this one up)

How many can you spot?

Wachter fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 2, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wachter posted:

Lots more namedrops in Winter Soldier, suggesting that Ales Kot really likes electronic music. Besides the aforementioned Merzbow, I also noticed:

- "Syro", the new album by Aphex Twin
- "Drokk", a swear word from Judge Dredd
- Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor
- Rapper Devlin
- German director Werner Herzog
- "Ventolin", a song by Aphex Twin
- "Rossz Czillag Alatt Szuletett", a song by Venetian Snares
- "Ulalume", a poem by Edgar Allan Poe
- "The lost glove is happy", a quote from Nabokov's "Pale Fire" (okay, I had to look this one up)

How many can you spot?

Reznor might be a reference to the three triceratops that spit fire in Super Mario World. Or an air conditioning unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I knew they wouldn't reveal who Thor was in this issue. Fuckingn cockteases.

And glad I dropped Moon Knight. Really sounds crummy.

• Locked thread