Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

As was mentioned last time this was posted, go to settings and slow it down to 0.5. Becomes fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Mahoning posted:

Charlie Weis' firing made me curious. Notre Dame fans suffered through Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, and Charlie Weis after the Lou Holtz era ended. All 3 coaches went on to coach elsewhere and are a combined 25-80 over all or parts of 10 collective seasons. The best single season among them? Tyrone Willingham's 2006 Washington Huskies, who finished 5-7. Talk about 3 bad coaching hires.

Don't forget the one they got rid of — George O'Leary, who has met with quite a bit of success down in Orlando. He's probably a happier man for having gone down there.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Luke, I am uh, I'm your well I'm not dealing in hypotheticals, we're uh a family

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Anyone who figures out where that quote is from wins a prize

"Some people have low susceptibility to advertising and marketing techniques. These are the people who aren't interested in money. Material acquisition does not serve their need for the power process. These are the true Michigan Men."

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

LLCoolJD posted:

Don't forget the one they got rid of — George O'Leary, who has met with quite a bit of success down in Orlando. He's probably a happier man for having gone down there.

We've all glossed over the racism accusations of O'Leary this week, huh? They're kind of stark and detailed. Everything is here . He's not exactly a saint

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Heaf posted:

We've all glossed over the racism accusations of O'Leary this week, huh? They're kind of stark and detailed. Everything is here . He's not exactly a saint

Yeah I noted it the other night but honestly everyone should already hate O'Leary. Plus this is just sooooooo over the top I have trouble believing it.

Ereck Plancher should be enough to keep him away from college kids forever.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
You want the uh the truth?? Well, you, well the truth is that there will be a press conference later today or tomorrow and the defense will answer your questions then"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

As was mentioned last time this was posted, go to settings and slow it down to 0.5. Becomes fantastic.

I have no skills so someone else needs to take that half speed recording and dub it over that Big Ten Football video Gendo made

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
is it saturday yet

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have no skills so someone else needs to take that half speed recording and dub it over that Big Ten Football video Gendo made

Cycle between both during every big ten game ever

Scionix posted:

is it saturday yet

Of course the Saturday with poo poo tons of real and good games takes forever to get here

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Chump Farts posted:

Of course the Saturday with poo poo tons of real and good games takes forever to get here

Hey, at least we get Arizona/Oregon tomorrow night!

Also I really really hope Maryland finds a way to beat Ohio State. Like, that'd just make my entire season right there, and I really don't even like Maryland outside of their fashion sense.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

George O'Leary strikes me as your old racist grandfather that might've fought in Vietnam and still refers to Asians as slants and blacks as coloreds.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Apparently Tenn is going to be without WR Smith on Saturday due to an ankle sprain. How important is he to you guys?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa coaches are now saying that they'll play both CJ Beathard and Jake Rudock at QB going forward, which I'm sure won't be irritating and counterproductive at all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Apparently Tenn is going to be without WR Smith on Saturday due to an ankle sprain. How important is he to you guys?

Not really, he didn't play against UGA. Von Pearson will be back though, who is the bigger concern and better player.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

@Chip_Patterson Ga. Tech will be the first school to integrate BitPay/bitcoin payment into its stadium concession sales

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

pillsburysoldier posted:

@Chip_Patterson Ga. Tech will be the first school to integrate BitPay/bitcoin payment into its stadium concession sales

Okay, we all know which bowl they're going to now.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

We seriously have four other really good receivers (Pearson, Malone, North, Howard) and also Croom who isn't as good as he should be.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

loving of course it's Ga. Tech

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

Interesting. We already have a ton of BitPay ads in the stadium this year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
There's still no Wednesday MACtion this week, or for any week until Novemeber and that is just as bullshit as it was last week.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

How will they post prices, given that your money could gain or lose value while waiting in line?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God I love this picture so much

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
:laffo:

The OSU student who ran onto the field and was given The Rock Bottom by the S&C coach has lost his scholarship.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11622105/anthony-wunder-ohio-state-student-ran-turf-loses-scholarship

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarf posted:

:laffo:

The OSU student who ran onto the field and was given The Rock Bottom by the S&C coach has lost his scholarship.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11622105/anthony-wunder-ohio-state-student-ran-turf-loses-scholarship

Wait a second...

ESPN posted:

Defense attorney Mark Collins says officials Tuesday started removing 21-year-old Anthony Wunder from the Evans Scholars program, which covers tuition and housing for former golf caddies.

Is this an elaborate viral marketing campaign for a Caddyshack remake?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

Wait a second...

YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
He should have lost his scholarship the instant he put that stupid visor on his head.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dude was wearing a visor, boat shoes, and was in school on a caddy scholarship. I'm with Spencer Hall, that counts as a win over the SEC.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This happens all the drat time

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Pakled posted:

As least she still has a good view. :quagmire:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

Is that a press pass though? Maybe she's covering the game dat rear end.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Why even go to the game if you're just gonna sit there and study bitcoin engineering or whatever

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Why even go to the game if you're just gonna sit there and study bitcoin engineering or whatever

"See mom I went to the football game and socialized like you wanted me to"

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Pakled posted:

God, I love this nerdy loving school

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Webbeh posted:

God, I love this nerdy loving school

Be awesome if they were communicating with each other at the same game.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/100114aaa.html

quote:

ROSEMONT, Ill. – The Big Ten Conference announced today that it has notified the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) of initial recommendations designed to provide enhanced benefits for student-athletes that are members in good standing with their individual universities as part of the NCAA’s new autonomy governance structure.

For the past two years, the conference has publicly stated its desire to continue providing student-athletes with an unmatched educational and athletic experience, including comments made by Commissioner James E. Delany at the July 2013 Big Ten Football Media Days (attached as PDF), at the Collegiate Commissioners Association meeting on September 25, 2013 (PDF), at the July 2014 Big Ten Football Media Days (PDF), and in statements issued by the Big Ten Council of Presidents/Chancellors on June 1, 2014 (PDF) and June 24, 2014 (PDF).

The Big Ten will work to implement the following proposals through individual institutional action, conference-wide action or under the NCAA autonomy governance structure:
• Cost of Education: Redefine full grant-in-aid to meet a student-athlete’s cost of education, as determined by the federal government.
• Multi-Year Scholarships: Guarantee all scholarships. If a student-athlete is no longer able to compete, for whatever reason, there should be no impact on institutions’ commitment to deliver an undergraduate education.
• Lifetime Educational Commitment: Ensure that scholarships are available for life. If a student-athlete leaves a university for a professional career before graduating, whether the career materializes, and regardless of its length, the scholarship will be honored after his or her playing days are complete.
• Medical Insurance: Provide improved, consistent medical insurance for student-athletes.

The Big Ten has also agreed to address additional student-athlete welfare issues including, but not limited to, health and safety, time demands and comprehensive academic support by way of a “Resolution” that creates a specific pathway and timeline for implementation.

The Big Ten Conference is an association of 14 world-class universities committed to the pursuit and attainment of athletic and academic excellence. Big Ten institutions feature broad-based athletic programs which provide nearly $200 million in direct financial aid to almost 9,500 student-athletes on 350 teams in 42 different sports.

We look forward to working with the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC through the NCAA autonomy governance structure toward adoption and implementation of these proposals.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/former-uc-football-assistant-charged-sex-abuse-18388.shtml

quote:

According to court records, police said Archer was in the Fort Mitchell Kroger May 27 and asked a 73-year-old employee for help finding some vitamins. Police said while she was helping him, Archer quote, "pulled his penis from his pants," and also, "placed his exposed penis against her backside." Police said he did this several times at different locations throughout the store.

:psyduck:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11620685/nc-state-coach-takes-florida-state-injury-claims

quote:

Did NC State fall victim (again) to a secret plot to keep a contender in the race?

:stare:

:catstare:

awww https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQ2NceerCw

Christian Green's been playing since his R-Fr year, but he just now got his first TD after coming close a bunch of times. :unsmith:

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Wait a second...

Well, the world needs ditch-diggers, too.

• Locked thread