Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
User Name - Swags (why do we put this? It's directly to the left.)
Contact Info - PM me.
City/State/Country - Renton, Washington. Very close to Seattle.
Do you have a group now? - I've been trying to set one up, but people on Meetup are flighty in actually getting things done. So no.
What are you willing to play? - I'm looking for an RPG group. I don't really care which RPG we're playing. I just want to play. It'd be best if you had two spots, too, since my girlfriend would also like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
User Name - Cargo Culture (no, really)
Contact Info - PM.
City/State/Country - Currently meeting in East Wareham, MA
Do you have a group now? - Yes. Looking for one or two more people.
What are you willing to play? - Looking to get one or two more folks to play in a bi-weekly PENDRAGON campaign (Tuesdays , 6:30pm-10:30pm). We've just started the Great Pendragon Campaign (aka let's play through 80+ years of Arthurian awesomeness) so now is the perfect time for folks to jump in. It's okay if you've never played Pendragon before. All you need are a d20, a bunch of d6s, knightly spirit and a desire to kill as many loving Saxons as possible.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
User Name: mnd/minidracula
Contact Info: PMs preferred (PM me to get my email address). Also can randomly be found (sometimes) on synIRC #badwrongfun as "mnd" or "minidracula".
City/State/Country: Seattle, WA, USA
Do you have a group now?: Nope! Ideally looking to put together a small but solid group, or get plugged into such a group.
What are you willing to play?:
  • As a player:
    I'll play almost anything, at least once. Pretty open to trying things out; I especially like when people make a good pitch for the game they want to run, or want others to play. I haven't played in (or ran) many "storygames" yet (though I did buy the Dungeon World PDFs).

I grew up in the hobby originally on D&D (BECMI) and AD&D (1e, then a lot of 2e), then branched off into other games (Robotech, Beyond the Supernatural, RIFTS, GURPS 3e, (O)WoD Vampire: The Masquerade & Mage: The Ascension, surely other stuff I'm forgetting, etc.) before drifting away from P&P/TT RPGs for quite a while. Lately I've been having a hankering for maybe getting back in to a AD&D 2e game as a PC... it's probably nostalgia.

Theoretically I'd also like to play in a 4e campaign, but all my 4e books are still in storage.

• As a DM/GM/storyguide/whatever:
    I like to run games! I don't have most of my (old) RPG books with me yet, but stuff I've bought since moving to Seattle includes 13th Age, another copy of Fiasco (and a new purchase, the Fiasco Companion), a bunch of Fate stuff (from the Fate Core Kickstarter), Lacuna Part 1, Diaspora, and some other indie stuff I've forgotten off the top of my head. Besides all that, I still have a lot of stuff in PDF, like Legend, GURPS 4e, Ars Magica 5e, and more. I'd be interested in running any of these. I'm especially interested in running a long-lived campaign with regular players in a homegrown setting, though I haven't settled on a system yet. Likely I'll start with Legend; other options include 13th Age (with a complete reskin), or (most work-intensive of the three options) GURPS.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

User Name - EnjoiThePureTrip
Contact Info - PM.
City/State/Country - Fredericksburg, VA.
Do you have a group now? - Sort of. I have some friends who live in Richmond, but I'd be interested in playing games with someone who lives closer.
What are you willing to play? - Netrunner! Definitely Netrunner. My wife and I would also be interested in playing in an RPG of some sort. We've played a bunch of systems, but it's been a while since we've been in a regular game.

BlessedBullet
Aug 18, 2007
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
User Name - BlessedBullet
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Seattle, WA
Do you have a group now? - Nope
What are you willing to play - Willing to try anything, but I prefer board games over RPGs.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Username - Tim Raines IRL
Contact info - PM, deconstructed@gmail
city/state - DC/NoVA/MD
Do you have a group now? - I have various friends who play various games.

Specifically looking for MTG players, especially EDH/Pauper/very casual legacy

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Username - Tekopo
Contact info - PM
city/state - London UK
Do you have a group now? - Not really.

Looking for more people to play x-wing minis. Would also be interested in playing RPGs, especially UA.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
It's been a while.

Username - Redeye Flight
Contact info - PM
City/state - Milwaukee, WI
Do you have a group now? - Nope

Looking for pretty much anything, ideally fantasy tabletop and something I don't have to sink too much money into to learn. Very interested in playing 13th Age.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Username: ImpactVector
Current group: Sort of, but looking to branch out

The GF and I just moved back to MN after a few years on the West Coast and we're looking to find a gaming group of some kind, either board, RPGs, or (ideally) both.

For board games, we're down for pretty much anything, from Dixit to Eldritch Horror.

On the RPG front, we're still pretty open, but would probably shy away from anything super crunchy like Pathfinder. I'm actually running Dungeon World for a group that I rejoined, but it's explicitly a dude night and a full table besides. They're also kind of flaky for anything that isn't this one specific game night, hence the branching out. I'd be down to run either that, or FFG Star Wars.

Anyway, we're probably going to start out just trying Wednesday board game night at the FFG game center. So hit me up if you want to meet up for that.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
User name: Morholt
Contact info: drmorholt at google mail
Current group: Sort of

Looking to play wargames in particular.
Eurogames, definitely.
RPGs, maybe???

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I thought I had my info here, guess not!

User Name: Countblanc
Contact Info: PMs, Steam
Current Group: I play with my local University group on Fridays, but I have friends in the area I also play with less frequently.

Looking for people to play euro games and anything "smaller" - I fill my social game quota on Fridays (though contact me if you want in on that), I'm more struggling to find people to play smaller group games with, and definitely 1v1 stuff. Not really into CCGs or big Ameritrash games but will play pretty much anything else.

I'd also like to find a group or people for RPGs, ideally D&D 4e or something similar (Strike! for instance). It's practically impossible to find people to play 4e with in reals.

Witch
Aug 30, 2013

Username: Schiz (or whatever I'm calling myself these days.)
Do you have a group now?: No, I recently moved here.

I'd like to start playing DnD since it seems like it'd be a neat distraction from college. Any edition would be fine if anyone would be willing to take in a newbie into their group.

I'm also looking for other MtG players since I moved away from my old group. I'm used to casual/standard rules.

Vel
Jun 7, 2014

User Name - Vel
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Raleigh, NC
Do you have a group now? - Yes, I have a group that plays board games, RPGs, and Warhammer 40,000.
What are you willing to play? - As mentioned above, board games, RPGs, and Warhammer 40,000. I'm looking to find some more people to play RPGs with though as some group members have clashing roleplay styles or are tightly system aligned. A couple campaigns we're looking to start are D&D 4E, Pathfinder, and Eclipse Phase.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Once again my regular group can't schedule a game more than a few times every three-four months, so I'd really like to get into or start a normal group here in the city outskirts. Mostly looking for either weeknights or Sundays.

User Name - Fenarisk
Contact Info - Email mail.rickf@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Chicago, IL (nw side by Harlem and Irving)
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - Down for mostly indie games, I'm huge on dungeon world, savage worlds and FATE, but have experience with 4e, eclipse phase, and a few others as well.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
User Name - I Love You!
Contact Info - PM me or kerryempowered at the g mails
City/State/Country - Lansing, MI, home of absolutely nothing.
Do you have a group now? - No, my girlfriend is hella busy with vet school and I don't know anyone in this area. I'm super bored, help
What are you willing to play? - Games

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
User Name - Thisuck
Contact Info - PM or username @ gmail
City/State/Country - Pasadena, CA
Do you have a group now? - No group right now
What are you willing to play? I know how to play DnD 3.5, 4, really want to try out 5. Don't really know any other ones besides a few board/card games, like Settlers, and Munchkin. Definitely willing to learn new games though!

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
User Name - PuttyKnife

Contact Info - PM

City/State/Country - State College, PA (the city near nothing)

Do you have a group now? - There are sometimes groups that meet through Meetup but i'm looking for a more regular group.

What are you willing to play? - I am willing to play just about anything. My dissertation is going to involve board games so I am leaning toward those but just meeting some folks in the area who enjoy playing anything besides magic/league of legends would be a great time.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
User Name - Lakbay
Contact Info - username at gmail
City/State/Country - Philadelphia, PA
Do you have a group now - Nope just moved here couple of months ago, the meetup.com group for RPGs here was also pretty dead
What are you willing to play - RPGs, would prefer 4e or something similar but I'm open to any system. Also the more obscure board games

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hello TG, it's me, ConfusedUs.

I live in Tulsa, OK and I'd really like to be your friend and play games with you. Board games are cool. So are PnP RPG games like D&D, FATE, and GURPS.

I do not have a group to play with at the moment. Living in Oklahoma, it can be hard to find people who want to do things that aren't football, football, or tangentially related to football.

Or cows.

You can reach me at confusedus@gmail.com or by private message.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
User Name/Contact Info - PM me or zatzmaisishi at the g mails
City/State/Country - Near MarchAFB, Riverside CA
Do you have a group now? - No, we (my girlfriend and I) are looking to play my large collections of games as well as play stranger's games as well.
What are you willing to play - see below for 80% of my games, we have accquired several more since that picture was taken. we're also excited to play new games, please bring some over. Ideally we would have a weekly meetup to play board games on Tuesday or Thursday night after 7pm

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

User Name - PM @ skull wall
City/State/Country - Costa Mesa, CA
Do you have a group now? Not at all :smith: but that's why I'm here.
What are you willing to play? Euro games like Agricola and Troyes, or good card games like Dominion and Race for the Galaxy. Anything of interest that I haven't played yet also.

I noticed there are a ton of SoCal goons in here, but I seem to be inbetween them all. I'm a midwestern goon that moved out here in the last year and now I need to find other goons, I have quite a few games just collecting dust.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

User Name - Allen Wren

Contact Info - PM

City/State/Country - Austin, TX (north/PF/RR, willing to host or travel)

Do you have a group now? - No. I have not had a group since before I moved to this town eight years ago. gently caress that noise. That poo poo needs to get fixed.

What are you willing to play? - Basically anything.

I have a lot of experience creating characters for roleplaying games and then never learning the rest of the system because the game collapses before we get to use the characters. Have played 2E/3E/4E/PF, oWOD, Palladium, Shadowrun, CoC, BESM, and a shitload of things I probably will never remember.

I would like to play more boardgames, anything from Candyland to Axis and Allies.

ex-MTG player, probably have one deck lurking around, but I've never been any good.

Deffo interested in storytelling games like Fiasco.

My girlfriend and I also have an interest in bizarre probably-bad, possibly-unplayable RPGs: We've both tried to DM The World's Largest Dungeon. She owns a copy of Synnibarr. We can try and run our various oddities and thrift store finds, if you've got the inclination.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 28, 2014

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
User Name - SC_Druggie

Contact Info - SA Forum PM

City/State/Country - Saint Petersburg/Florida/USA

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - No I don't

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? -

(In order of preference)

1.Star Wars D20
2.D&D 3.5
3.WOD (Everything except werewolf)
4.Shadowrun
5.Pathfinder
6.GURPS
7.Exalted

I am willing to GM if someone will manage logistics of getting a group together. My SO would probably play as well.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
User Name - P.d0t
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Calgary, AB, Canada :canada:
Do you have a group now? - Basically, no
What are you willing to play? I'd like to play some 4e D&D, but I'll also settle for 5e. If you have a group looking for a DM for 4e, I can also swing those duties. Preferably in the south end of town.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

User Name Icon of Sin

Contact Info - PM

City/State/Country Wilmington, NC

Do you have a group now? - Not really organized, but I've got a small-ish group of people I can call for pickup games of 40k sometimes. They all travel a ton for work though, so it's pretty random who's here and who's not.

What are you willing to play? I play 40k, and am starting to dabble in X-Wing.

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
*sigh*

Here we go again.

User Name - Cargo Culture
Contact Info - PM.
City/State/Country - Currently meeting in Bourne/East Wareham, MA
Do you have a group now? - Yes. Looking for one or two more people.
What are you willing to play? - Looking to get one or two more folks to play in a bi-weekly WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY campaign (Tuesdays, 6:30pm-10:30pm). I'm also running Delta Green in the weeks opposite (same day/time) but that's bursting at the seams as it is. If you're totally rad and want to play that too then we'll figure something out.

Our current gaming group got too big for practical gaming, and then it went all Donetsk People's Republic and is completely hosed up right now; basically split into two groups playing in the same timeslot. We (the cool group) are looking for one or two more people to fill out ranks in one of the games that plays in this timeslot and to generally get together for coolness. New friends, yay.

What is Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (as if you didn't already know)? Well, it's the RPG set in the same universe as Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy Battles wargame.

It's dark fantasy, but it's not like D&D. It's almost the anti-D&D. D&D is where adventurers become heroes. WFRP is where nobodies become adventurers. It's bleak, but in a darkly humorous way. Things are dirty and grim and in all ways messy, and you can't help but love it. It's sort of like Lord of the Rings, but directed by Terry Gilliam and scored by Danny Elfman, and you all play barflies in the Inn of the Prancing Pony. It's like that.

Here's a little primer.

And here's a blurb!

This is going to be a relatively open story to be set at the edge of the Empire in the counties of Averland, Stirland, and Sylvania, as well as the rough-and-tumble Border Princes (and points in between). It'll have all the classic elements of Border Princes-style Balkanized rivalry and the strange mish-mash of the setting that it is; the secretive Vampire Counts and their servants as the hidden antagonists (or allies?); a foray or two into the abandoned and forsaken city of Mordheim (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-style); drinking with Dwarfs in their mighty holds; battling the loathsome Skaven; and perhaps investigating a Nehekharan ruin or two (The Mummy-style).

At the moment I have two committed players and one more solid maybe. If I can lock in one or two more people who can commit every two weeks rain or shine, that would be awesome.

Cargo Culture fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 10, 2014

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
User Name - Argali
Contact Info - PM me.
City/State/Country - Princeton, NJ
Do you have a group now? - No.
What are you willing to play? Any edition of D&D but 4. Other cool games. Sick of DM'ing and just want to have fun for a bit. Available Friday and Saturday nights.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Name: VanSandman
What are you willing to play? Most things. I'd like to avoid 3.5-based systems if I could. I have some experience GMing Mage: The Awakening and DungeonWorld, and wouldn't mind doing so again after a few months if someone wants to take a break.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

User Name - Tuxedo Gin
Contact Info - PM or tuxedo dot gin at gmail
City/State/Country - San Jose, CA
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - Board games or RPGs. I love boardgames and have a small collection I'm dying to play (probably should have made sure my friends actually wanted to play board games before I bought a bunch). I'm interested in getting into some pen and paper RPGs but I've never actually done that, so if you have a newbie friendly group or campaign, that would be great.

Zebulun
Sep 30, 2004
erm
User Name : Zebulun
Contact Info : PM
City/State/Country : Houston, TX
Do you have a group now? : I DM a 4th ed group but I'm looking to play or dm more outside of that group.
What are you willing to play? : 5th edition, Shadowrun, Pathfinder, or any board games (Twilight Imperium, Descent, Munchkin, Lords of Waterdeep, etc). I've also been dabbling in Warhammer Fantasy if anybody is interested in that. For RP games, I am more interested in playing than being DM but I could be convinced otherwise.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

User Name : Tekopo
Contact Info : PM
City/State/Country : London, UK
Do you have a group now? : We have a newly formed group and are looking for more people
What are you willing to play? : We are currently going through Onslaught at Arda I for Star Wars Age of Rebellion finished the first part but it should be fine to add new characters if necessary. After we are done with that we are likely to start a non-book based campaign or try something else!

EDIT: Our next session is likely to be in January, btw

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 10, 2014

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
Username: Sadsack.
Contact Info: james dot swatton at Google's email service. or @Jimswatton via Twitter.
City/State/Country: Southend-on-Sea, UK.
Do you have a group now?: Nope.
What Are You Willing to Play?: I'm interested in any RPGs. Star Wars, DnD and Dungeon World especially. Anything LOTR is cool, and I'm interested in any other card games. Also I've dived headfirst into X-Wing miniatures.

Sadsack fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 3, 2015

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
Username: SleuthDiplomacy
Contact Info: chammond413 at g-mail or try me on Steam
City/State/Country: Baltimore, MD
Do you have a group now? Yes, but we're on an extended hiatus while all the college kids have finals.
What Are You willing to Play?: Pretty much anything; I'm mostly interested in meeting new players in my area. That said, I enjoy 4/5E D&D, Pathfinder, Fiasco, PbtA games, and Savage Worlds. I have loads of systems that I've wanted to try, including 13th Age, Unknown Armies, GUMSHOE systems, and many, many more.

I especially love to DM, something I haven't been able to do for a while.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

User Name - LionYeti
Contact Info - Forums pm or brainster31 at google mail or @blakout31 on twitter
City/State/Country - Denver Colorado USA
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No don't have a group
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I would love to play Shadowrun, DnD 4e or Rogue Trader, but willing to play savage worlds 5e, really dislike pathfinder but if that's the only thing going.\

Note I can basically only play on fridays and saturdays.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

User Name - Read above dummy!
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - San Leandro, CA East bay in the Bay Area
Do you have a group now - Nope
What are you willing to play - Kinda want to try Shadowruns, but anything really.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

TASTE THE MEAT NOT THE HEAT
Username: PropaneC3H8
Contact Info: PM on SA or erikrobertallen at gmail
City/State/Country: Davis, CA
Do you have a group now? No, just a very casual and intermittent MTG and board game group
What Are You willing to Play?: Anything. Shadowrun a plus. Looking for more people to play commander with as well.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
User Name - First Bass
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Anchorage, Alaska
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)?
- There are some guys I run into pretty regularly at the LGS for MTG, but no tabletop. The local Encounters show runners are nice folks but total grogs
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - Pretty much any tabletop RPG (I've played stuff like Catan and Elder Sign but they're not really my bag, dig?) as well as Magic the Gathering.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

User Name - Sistergodiva
Contact Info - PM, fredriksson dot pontus at g mail
City/State/Country - Stockholm, Sweden
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No group right now
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Boardgames, any kind.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Username- Chrishansen
Contact- PM please
City/State- Anywhere between York, PA and Baltimore, MD.
Do you have a group now: Not besides my internet friends (offtopic: rolld20 is very nice)
What are you willing to play: Anything. I have x-wing minis, WH40k, couple board games. Willing to play anything from d&d to catan jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Username- Captain Bravo
Location- Palestine, TX
Looking for any kind of gaming, most familiar with systems like 13th age and 4th Edition D&D, but I've played everything from GURPS to M&M. Anything tabletop suits me fine.