Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Also, I loving told you that you were gonna get Greyscaled.

As for the newbie podjumping thing, they could make it so corporations can designate one station as their HQ and allow members to remotely set that as their deathclone location. Put a multi-day cooldown on changing the HQ location so people can't use it as a fast travel workaround.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
I never thought CCP would ever do such a bad update. They could've restrict mass going through a Cyno, to limit power projection, or something similar. Reducing range to 5LY and DAT jump fatigue, it ruined logistics in null IMO. And I won't talk about the pod express changes..

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Trabisnikof posted:

are you including the 90% reduction bonus they get?

Yes I am. The same three jumps in a Carrier would be over 2 hours.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

NyxBiker posted:

I never thought CCP would ever do such a bad update. They could've restrict mass going through a Cyno, to limit power projection, or something similar. Reducing range to 5LY and DAT jump fatigue, it ruined logistics in null IMO. And I won't talk about the pod express changes..

It's like they want nullsec to be (mostly) independent of highsec, or something. :iiam:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Alliance logistics just became horrible. Jump Bridges are massively affected and so's the quality of life moving around our own space. Going to be even more frigates & interceptors online because gently caress warping battleships 20+ jumps post warp speed rebalance.

Edit: And definitely a big gently caress you to new players wanting to get into null sec, better stay in a station until you have intercepotors trained or keep throwing your newbie ship at gate camps hoping to get lucky.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Can someone write up a quick tl;dr about why these proposed changes kill hotdropping and render jumpbridges useless/obsolete?

You know, for those of us allergic to EveO.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Wrecked Angle posted:

The changes sound.. interesting but I've spotted something that seems a little off with the jump fatigue as they've stated it.

In their example they have a carrier jump from one end of Dek to the other and after 4 jumps their Jump Fatigue is at 706.74. Now decaying at 0.1 per minute this will take nearly 5 days to go away? (7607.4 minutes = 117.79 hours = 4.908 days). I'm guessing I've messed up the math somewhere because surely I can't have to commit to not jumping anywhere else for literally days afterward just to make more than 3 consecutive (5ly) jumps?

Hate to be quoting myself but also whatever you do at this point don't wait out that 2 hour cool-down and jump again, you'll be staring at a 12 hour cool-down timer and nearly 30 days of fatigue!! :suicide:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can someone write up a quick tl;dr about why these proposed changes kill hotdropping and render jumpbridges useless/obsolete?

Jump fatigue includes going through bridges and portals.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I don't think CCP understands their game at all. :psyduck:

Even with the logistic ship bonuses, it'll make supplying distant areas a ton more difficult and basically make invasions impossible. Nullsec is going to be more stagnant because people won't have ships to fight with in the first place. Supers/Titans can't travel and are useless now except for defense so it'll be even harder to invade.

I can understand nerfing capital ship movement capabilities but I don't get why they nerfed titan bridges as well. Sure you can bridge pods and have people reship into capitals but that still takes time. :ccp: indeed.

Edit: JBs are affected by fatigue as well so it's pretty much gates or nothing.

VVVVVVVVVV

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Can't say I'm too happy about fatigue applying to jump bridges. It sounds like we'll have to sit down and figure out if it'll be faster by taking the JB route, or just gates, for even something as simple as hauling PI material.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Wrecked Angle posted:

Hate to be quoting myself but also whatever you do at this point don't wait out that 2 hour cool-down and jump again, you'll be staring at a 12 hour cool-down timer and nearly 30 days of fatigue!! :suicide:

:psyboom:

I'ma pour a 40 out for whoever runs capswarm fleets with this, gonna have seizures coordinating cap ops.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Supers can take gates now.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They are introducing jump fatigue. This means that the amount of time between jumps / drops increases non-linearly.

First jump = timer approx equal to LY jumped
Second jump = timer equal to the first timer x LY jumped in second jump

This means you could drop maybe twice before everyone on your fleet was on cool down for up to an hour (based on Blops keeping its current 7.8LY range).

I have been skipping down to drop on M-O from a mid, something as simple as that is now hosed as well because everyone would be on a timer at the first mid and then on a one hour cool down after the first drop. gently caress you, take 20 gates back home and no more dropping. It's terrible.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but couldn't you have just chilled out and waited for your jump fatigue to tick down after each jump instead of going in after the minimal permitted timer and getting it multiplied each time?

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!
It's like any region which is more than two JF jumps away from a major hub are now pure poo poo, logistics wise.

Time for a permanent burn Jita?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Fix Lag posted:

Supers can take gates now.

It's still dumb as hell. Super move op for an invasion (even as close as Dek is to geminate)? Better put aside 3 hours of your time for the gate warps. It's a giant gently caress you to guys who by definition have to pay a sub to stay in the ship. I don't have one and I still think it's dumb as hell.

Voyager I posted:

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but couldn't you have just chilled out and waited for your jump fatigue to tick down after each jump instead of going in after the minimal permitted timer and getting it multiplied each time?

Based on their explanation the fatigue takes so long to tick down that it wouldn't wear off during the course of a given fleet.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Voyager I posted:

You can.. but after just one jump your fatigue will take ~1 hour to get back to 0.

Hubbins
Sep 3, 2007
THIS is what a Hubbins looks like.
If jump bridges apply the fatigue as well then home defense also just got more annoying. No more using the jump bridges to get ahead of a gang (If you only take one JB you are fine, but more than two? Forget about it)

Edit: goodbye running DG FSP3 in your Dread or carrier if it is more than one jump out.

Hubbins fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 1, 2014

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

More industry will take place in null, more content for everyone

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

It's still dumb as hell. Super move op for an invasion (even as close as Dek is to geminate)? Better put aside 3 hours of your time for the gate warps. It's a giant gently caress you to guys who by definition have to pay a sub to stay in the ship. I don't have one and I still think it's dumb as hell.

Would you be surprised if I told you the point was to discourage exactly that?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Time to unsub until brain in a box I guess. I always seem to be the last guy exiting the gate tunnel and I hate that poo poo.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Half of the null population unsubs, hisec pubbies invade null, eve is saved.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

Would you be surprised if I told you the point was to discourage exactly that?

No, I understand that's the entire point, but the quantum of it is stupid. Being locked to fighting against the same couple hundred people is stupid, because that's approximately the raw numbers of people you'd have access to without the ability to move stuff to other fights in a reasonable amount of time. Making it brutal to move around null is not going to magically increase population of the game. If projection is impossible, there will just be large swathes of the population that don't interact with each other except in frigates. Part of what I like about the game is the ability to go fight almost anyone based on what feels fun and where the activity is at the time.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Part of what I like about the game is the ability to go fight almost anyone based on what feels fun and where the activity is at the time.

I think that's a good summary of my objections over the whole "Nerf Power Projection" issue. Most of null is empty, and now it'll stay empty.

There would be a point if there were very valuable concentrated resources to fight over, but the whole renter thing is the opposite of that.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

No, I understand that's the entire point, but the quantum of it is stupid. Being locked to fighting against the same couple hundred people is stupid, because that's approximately the raw numbers of people you'd have access to without the ability to move stuff to other fights in a reasonable amount of time. Making it brutal to move around null is not going to magically increase population of the game. If projection is impossible, there will just be large swathes of the population that don't interact with each other except in frigates. Part of what I like about the game is the ability to go fight almost anyone based on what feels fun and where the activity is at the time.

It will be pretty sweet if all super capital pilots unsubbed I see no problem

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
After reading that devblog, I'm surprised. Seems like some seriously needed changes to me. Now I like to lean back and see if CCP can pull their plans for 2014-2015 through like they wanted, or if the playerbase and their obnoxious temper-tantrums will convince CCP to kill their own game by not implementing the changes. (Because let's face it, without those changes this is exactly what would happen. Change is good here.)

Personally, I'm interested to see what will happen with this:

quote:

Hitpoints and resistances on various sovereignty-related structures will be revisited, to balance out the reduced ability to use Supercarriers against them. Stay tuned for a follow-up blog on this.
We will be releasing a collection of other smaller changes in Phoebe that will be of interest to many of the same people who are affected by these travel changes. These include a rebalance of starbase weapons, a rebalance of stealth bombers and heavy interdictors, enabling of lowsec doomsdays, and changes to interdictor bubble mechanics. More information to come.

Considering they want to allow lowsec doomsdays, I'm hoping they'll allow lowsec-bombs, too. :getin:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 1, 2014

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

People who are trying out sleeper sites now that RR has been added back in have reported it's vastly harder to complete them. In a total shocker, wormhole income has become even more poo poo.

e: CCP really needs to take a giant poo poo on highsec incursion payouts. VVVVVV

Fix Lag fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 1, 2014

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Libluini posted:

After reading that devblog, I'm surprised. Seems like some seriously needed changes to me. Now I like to lean back and see if CCP can pull their plans for 2014-2015 through like they wanted, or if the playerbase and their obnoxious temper-tantrums will convince CCP to kill their own game by not implementing the changes. (Because let's face it, without those changes this is exactly what would happen. Change is good here.)

Personally, I'm interested to see what will happen with this:

A 5LY limit and 5 minute delay (without the exponential increase in fatigue) would still have had a significant effect without making jump drives virtually pointless. Likewise they didn't need to affect JBs, there should be a benefit to owning space and holding it, you make better money in faction warfare or High Sec Incursions than you do with any non-trade/production in null-sec. Taking BS fleets on long trips without jump bridges is a horrendous activity. They're expecting people to spend the night just traveling to get somewhere. That's terrible gameplay design, 2-3 hours to do nothing but see warp and gates is a terrible night.

It encourages just staying at home 'in case someone else comes to you', which is passive and not active.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I think they simply expect people not to travel very far from their homes.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah, and they think that nullsec will be less stagnant. HAHAHA. Ratting carriers here we come!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Skuto posted:

I think that's a good summary of my objections over the whole "Nerf Power Projection" issue. Most of null is empty, and now it'll stay empty.

There would be a point if there were very valuable concentrated resources to fight over, but the whole renter thing is the opposite of that.
This is a typical CCP "add half of a change then put the other half on the back burner" move. The goal of nerfing capital and jump bridge movement is obviously to make it harder for established groups to maintain control of large areas of space, which would in theory open up pockets of space for other groups to move in to. This is the stick of the change.

The problem is that the carrot is missing. There's already no incentive for anyone to establish themselves in null other than bragging rights. With the changes living in null just became a whole lot more complex because it's going to be harder to bring in supplies and members, so there's even less value in nullsec for any group not already established there.

e: Also,

Fix Lag posted:

CCP really needs to take a giant poo poo on highsec incursion payouts

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 1, 2014

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Which would be great if the changes to (potentially?) give sov space more carrying capacity so alliances of reasonable size (or unreasonable size like CONDI) didn't have to spread out so much weren't delayed until 2015 at the earliest.

I suppose that gutpunching the Apex Force's mobility will reduce the need for coalitions a bit (anyone else want to take bets on who gets commissaared out of the CFC first?) but as it currently stands you NEED to go a decent distance from home to find space where any theoretical neighbours would even want to live, let alone space they actually live in.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

No podex only hurts newbies and is dumb. If nothing else there should be a one-time option when joining a corporation to set your clone to their designated HQ so you can join up with whomever you want to without having to run a gauntlet of gatecamps.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Staying at home sounds like a great conflict driver. Especially if bringing in stuff to fight you is a giant PITA.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

No podex only hurts newbies and is dumb. If nothing else there should be a one-time option when joining a corporation to set your clone to their designated HQ so you can join up with whomever you want to without having to run a gauntlet of gatecamps.

They already said in the very first post in the comment thread they know this and are trying to adress this tomorrow. For CCP, this is literally lightning-fast.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tippis posted:

Well hey. The Rorq has an easier time moving around and a clone bay — instead of clonejumping, corral all the newbies in lowsec, get them cloned up, and jump the Rorq to where they need to be.

It's never going to happen, obviously.

So we undock a Rorq in lowsec. Activate the clone bay. They click it and set a clone there? or how does that part work?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

Which would be great if the changes to (potentially?) give sov space more carrying capacity so alliances of reasonable size (or unreasonable size like CONDI) didn't have to spread out so much weren't delayed until 2015 at the earliest.

Yup.

Skuto posted:

Staying at home sounds like a great conflict driver. Especially if bringing in stuff to fight you is a giant PITA.

It's not "staying at home" so much as "fight your neighbors, not the global superpower across the cluster." It might even work, depending on how much stress this puts on logistics groups, but it won't work quickly and it might not work on us.

Hopefully there are other unrevealed changes pending, both to guarantee and speed up the process and to compensate for the massive inconvenience to subcaps.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Please drop me from Goonswarm if I haven't been vacationed already, because with those patch notes there is no way in hell I am going to maintain a sub to slam my dick in a door every single time I want to go somewhere.

I like playing with goons but I don't want to pay money to deal with that kind of bullshit, it's the dominion patch but different and gayer somehow.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

LemonDrizzle posted:

Also, I loving told you that you were gonna get Greyscaled.

:ccp: break things, news at 11.

Jump fatigue is a ~new~ and ~innovative~ mechanic that doesn't have any advantages over adding a jump cool down timer of whichever length keeps caps slower than battleships. Sorry, I misspoke: it makes super pilots mad so it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Couldn't you just do podjumps like remaps?

• Locked thread