Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I hate when people "tap" poo poo and in reality they just kind of poke the card and it barely moves. That guy gets murdered after lands-in-front guy.

No I clearly distinguish my tapped and untapped permanents, I am an rear end in a top hat but I will not intentionally cause confusion about the game state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I should start carrying glass beads to denote usage of lands and creatures. Good thing I play with lands up front so opponents can clearly see what has been used.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mcmagic posted:

How much did you pay? They are still ridiculous on ebay...

$106 including tax. My LGS gets one box of Russian, one box of Korean, and a couple boxes of Japanese with their normal initial orders, and I was lucky enough to swoop in and reserve the Russian box before anyone else was able to.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

I should start carrying My Little Pony Figurines to denote usage of lands and creatures. Good thing I play with lands up front so opponents can clearly see what has been used.

If your gonna troll, do it right.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

bhsman posted:

Does anyone have that cool proxy-making website that assigns a number to a card name (with cost) depending on the deck you are using? Thanks in advance.

https://metadeck.me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AlternateNu posted:

$106 including tax. My LGS gets one box of Russian, one box of Korean, and a couple boxes of Japanese with their normal initial orders, and I was lucky enough to swoop in and reserve the Russian box before anyone else was able to.

Christ. I wish my LGS was as nice as yours. The dude at mine keeps the Russian and Korean ones for himself.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Christ. I wish my LGS was as nice as yours. The dude at mine keeps the Russian and Korean ones for himself.

Yeah mine is selling russian packs at $9 per. I watched someone by 9 and crack them and get basically poo poo :stonk:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I tap lands to the left and everything else to the right.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I hate when people "tap" poo poo and in reality they just kind of poke the card and it barely moves. That guy gets murdered after lands-in-front guy.

Rotate your cards at a 45 degree angle just like it shows in the older tap symbols.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

sarmhan posted:

Sealed pool generators don't replicate the semi-randomness of magic packs since they don't have print runs. Practicing the art of organizing and forming a deck from a pool in person is also worthwhile practice in of itself.

Yeah that was the idea. Sealed is by far my worst format according to my stats....I think my win% is something like 35-40 or something godawful like that. Compare that to 59% in Modern or even 48% in Draft. This might be the first GP where I have no expectations for the main event and plan to destroy as many side events as I can. Mostly it's a chance to hang out with my old group one more time and have fun.

EDIT: First pool I cracked gave me a Windswept Heath and two decent possibilities to build....I think Sultai Delve is the stronger of the two with Rakshasa Vizier, Abominaion of Gudul, and 6 Delve cards including Treasure Cruise with plenty of graveyard enablers. The other is Jeskai with three Act of Treason and lots of combat tricks, a Mantis Rider. Both have lots of fixing.

I'm liking this set already. It's a lot twistier than Theros was, many more variables to take into account when you're pretty much always going multicolor. Gone are the days of drafting mono red in Theros....gently caress that was a boring format.

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 1, 2014

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Madmarker posted:

If your gonna troll, do it right.

This is not a troll. It actually makes for less confusion because you don't have to deal with people accusing you of not rotating your cardboard enough. Lands up front has always been better because you can see what resources are available. Your only non-land permanents are probably Jace TMS, a top, a counterbalance, a shaman, or a true nemesis anyway. Maybe a delver if you're lucky.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

People play formats other than Legacy.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Elyv posted:

Yeah, I play Standard, EDH and Limited. Basically all the "bad" formats.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Awesome, thanks! :)

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

This is not a troll. It actually makes for less confusion because you don't have to deal with people accusing you of not rotating your cardboard enough. Lands up front has always been better because you can see what resources are available. Your only non-land permanents are probably Jace TMS, a top, a counterbalance, a shaman, or a true nemesis anyway. Maybe a delver if you're lucky.

Ah, well if your doing it to stop confusion, then I definitely would suggest using My Little Pony Figurines, they are a bit bigger than the glass beads, and will more easily stand out against the cardboard.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elyv posted:

Oh yeah. Last month all for no land permanents was Aetherling, Elspeth, and maybe a couple banishing enchantments. Same deal, you have more lands.

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

Madmarker posted:

No I clearly distinguish my tapped and untapped permanents, I am an rear end in a top hat but I will not intentionally cause confusion about the game state.

The only time I don't fully tap my lands is at my opponent's EOT when I'm casting stuff like Lightning Bolt, Think Twice, stuff like that. Most people are completely ok with me not even tapping the land if it's just a quick bolt to the face before my turn.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Madmarker posted:

Ah, well if your doing it to stop confusion, then I definitely would suggest using My Little Pony Figurines, they are a bit bigger than the glass beads, and will more easily stand out against the cardboard.

Yeah but I already have adventure time figurines so I'll use those. Thanks for the suggestion!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
one of my friends puts their graveyard and their library on opposite sides of the playmat. that's a pretty interesting arrangement i have to say

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

What about the guy who grabs his ten lands and scoops them up into one big stack so you can only see the top one, then peels off a bunch of them to pay for a spell and puts them in second tapped stack?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

What about the guy who grabs his ten lands and scoops them up into one big stack so you can only see the top one, then peels off a bunch of them to pay for a spell and puts them in second tapped stack?

I do that when I have seventeen or more lands in play and get tired. Happens to me all the time in limited matches where I have twenty cards left in my library. :rimshot:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A big flaming stink posted:

one of my friends puts their graveyard and their library on opposite sides of the playmat. that's a pretty interesting arrangement i have to say

I play Dredge, so there are a lot of impractical things I do with my graveyard out of habit. I tend to tile cards so that I can read everything in the graveyard, even though almost nothing in this format makes that relevant. I also have to remember not to exile creatures with Delve when I have a choice because that limits Liliana ultimates.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Entropic posted:

Against those fucks, I make sure to ask after every change in priority what lands are tapped and untapped. I ask during the resolution of every other spell and I ask three times whenever I see them think.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Entropic posted:

gently caress people in the new standard that make you babysit them and their painlands. Too many fuckers trying to use them without paying life.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Entropic posted:

Hey step off

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If you don't separate your lands at least by basic/non-basic, you need to be put down like the rabid mongrel you are.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Can someone give me the rundown on what starting a new MODO account currently gives you?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sickening posted:

gently caress people in the new standard that make you babysit them and their painlands. Too many fuckers trying to use them without paying life.

I always call out what kind of mana they're tapping for and how much I'm taking.

Also, gently caress people that don't announce their prowess triggers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I use an iphone as a proxy for each card I put onto the battlefield, using a special app I designed that shows all the card's characteristics and makes sound effects when it attacks. Also there are custom animations based on my favorite anime. Let me tell you about it...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

redstormpopcorn posted:

If you don't separate your lands at least by basic/non-basic, you need to be put down like the rabid mongrel you are.

I don't, I separate my lands by what type of mana they tap for. So like, I might have a pile of mountains, a pile of forests, and a pile of stomping grounds/copperline gorges.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Elyv posted:

I don't, I separate my lands by what type of mana they tap for. So like, I might have a pile of mountains, a pile of forests, and a pile of stomping grounds/copperline gorges.

Its also important to line your cards up with your duals, so that the forest is on the green side of your stomping ground and the mountain on the red side :spergin:

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 1, 2014

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Entropic posted:

My one friend does this but on the other hand he usually plays the slowest possible Esper Control in any format, so not having to look through his 30 lands is a plus.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cactrot posted:

Its also important to line your cards up with your duals, so that the forest is on the green side of your stomping ground and the mountain on the red side :spergin:

If my mana isn't too complicated, I actually do this :blush:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Yeah mine is selling russian packs at $9 per. I watched someone by 9 and crack them and get basically poo poo :stonk:

:drat:

Anyone who believes foreign language cards are worth more than a native language one deserves to be ripped off that badly.

I wish I could find some French cards. Apparently no one cares about French. :france:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Elyv posted:

This is The Correct Way to do things.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

mango sentinel posted:

Can someone give me the rundown on what starting a new MODO account currently gives you?
iirc 5 tickets, and a new players package thing. It has random cards and one booster I think.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

Anyone who believes foreign language cards are worth more than a native language one deserves to be ripped off that badly.

I wish I could find some French cards. Apparently no one cares about French. :france:

I still need to order that playset of French Delay's

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cernunnos posted:

I have a foil French Serra's Ascendant in my Boros EDH deck, (along with a foil Italian Master Warcraft and foil German Mox Opal and Elspeth, Knight-Errant). :getin:

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

mango sentinel posted:

Magic Online New Account Starter Kit Contents

quote:

Each new Magic Online account includes the following contents:

5 Event Tickets - Use Event Tickets to join Magic Online limited and constructed events for a chance to win prizes.

20 New Player Points - Use New Player Points to join events specifically designed for players who are new to Magic Online.

5 Player Avatars - Choose an avatar to represent yourself in the game.

Over 650 cards to jumpstart your collection!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

I'll ask at my local store if they can hook us up with some French KTK boxes, that sounds like great fun.

EDIT: :france:

• Locked thread