Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Leadthumb posted:

can anyone put me into a form of stasis till friday? like freeze me or trap me in a crystal or send me to a void zone even

did you learn nothing from south park?

do you want to end up centuries in the future and caught in a planetary war over whether it should be called Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt Dog, or Duck Hunt Duo? and one of those sides is inexplicably a species of talking obese crocodiles?

just wait the days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I bought an umbrella because the ridiculous tarp efforts peiple were making just made me sad.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm buying it digitally because not once have I ever seen the eShop grind to a halt on launch night for any game, not even pokemon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I bought an umbrella because the ridiculous tarp efforts peiple were making just made me sad.

TARPIS

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm going to mug someone for their copy and then gently caress their poo poo up in smash when they buy a replacement

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I'm going to mug someone for their copy and then gently caress their poo poo up in smash when they buy a replacement

rude

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm buying it digitally because not once have I ever seen the eShop grind to a halt on launch night for any game, not even pokemon

It halted for Fire Emblem: Awakening and crashed the eShop for a day or so.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Slur posted:

Hope will never die

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I am buying physical because my SD card is a babby

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Slur posted:

Didn't the Pokemon Bank in Japan crash it too? I also thought ALBW slowed it down at one point as well..

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Louisgod posted:

I also thought ALBW slowed it down at one point as well..

I bought SM3DW and LBW simultaneously on launch hour and both downloaded fine

the thing is that the group of people who know exactly what time the download becomes available and sign on to get it ASAP is actually relatively small. nintendo's servers get hit way harder on, say, christmas morning than they do the night a big title launches

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 1, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
I'm buying physical because knowing that I will almost definitely lose the tiny game cart is a sobering reminder of my own mortality.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I'm also buying digitally, I have to work on Friday anyway. So if I can't download it right at midnight, I can queue it up in the morning and have it ready by the time I take lunch.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

do we know if you can play 2v2 online with friends? there's a couple imps that i would totally be on a team with :blush:

also I have added funds to my account so that i can instantly download itwhen it's time

i am ready

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 1, 2014

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My 3DS is going to give me ball cancer from all the Smashing i'm going to be doing with you goons.

^^ ^.^

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i am 95% sure you probably can.

also just went on the website, never saw this before

Smash Bros website posted:

You can play online with just friends. You can set up any rules you want. The player who first opens the room sets the rules for the first match. For each subsequent match, the player who finishes in last place can set up the rules.

hur

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

do we know if you can play 2v2 online with friends? there's a couple imps that i would totally be on a team with :blush:
you can make any rules you want online with friends, its basically like being in the same room with them

you can do 1v3 if you want

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
has anyone done any gimmick matches that are exciting and fun

items on high with only bumpers and bombs is a (heh) blast!!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Gyra_Solune posted:

did you learn nothing from south park?

do you want to end up centuries in the future and caught in a planetary war over whether it should be called Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt Dog, or Duck Hunt Duo? and one of those sides is inexplicably a species of talking obese crocodiles?

just wait the days

dude weren't you like 11 when that episode came out?

you shouldn't have been watching south park

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

has anyone done any gimmick matches that are exciting and fun

items on high with only bumpers and bombs is a (heh) blast!!!

pokeballs only on the tiniest stage, it's like being a Real Trainer

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Welp, I tried the Walmart trick, but it was no go. Oh well, guess I have to wait till tomorrow night like the rest of you losers.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Midnight opening at gamestop, excepts it's like play some brawl at ten and them we'll give you the games at eleven

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm excited. Now to not get mugged.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Got it earlier today, it's pretty cool. I wanna get better with Palutena. I really like the Swordfighter Mii, the A moves seem a bit like Link's but all with their own unique twist. I'm still getting used to my custom controls though since I'd been playing a lot of the Club Nintendo demo.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

I'm excited. Now to not get mugged.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Seshoho Cian posted:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat.

did you just cast a spell on him?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'm buying physical because the only 3DS I have available is a Princess Pink XL my little cousin has, and I want a cartridge so I can still use it when I get my own New 3DS.

This is also why when I Smash you fellow Imps, I will be under the name "Joanie"

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

gravity suit would have been funnier. 6/10

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

ugh :barf:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Cap apparently wears a muscle suit.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I can buy caption falcon being anime dick van dyke.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mach2 posted:

I'm buying physical because the only 3DS I have available is a Princess Pink XL my little cousin has, and I want a cartridge so I can still use it when I get my own New 3DS.

This is also why when I Smash you fellow Imps, I will be under the name "Joanie"

Will you be able to access the save data on a different 3DS with a different Nintendo Network ID?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

did you just cast a spell on him?

Maybe.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
imagine how much better sales would have been for N3DS and Smash 4 if they had been sold together as a bundle in North America.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Dresh posted:

Got it earlier today, it's pretty cool. I wanna get better with Palutena. I really like the Swordfighter Mii, the A moves seem a bit like Link's but all with their own unique twist. I'm still getting used to my custom controls though since I'd been playing a lot of the Club Nintendo demo.

Where? Some podunk local game store?

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Do people who like wavedashing also like snaking in Mario Kart? Where's my venn diagram?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

has anyone even mentioned wavedashing in like the past 50 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I just realized all my mii's are on my wii u. Is there an easy way to transfer mii's from wii u to 3ds?

• Locked thread