Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
40-something year old woman posted this of her 20-something year old boyfriend (husband?). Ugh, why would anyone share this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Good on her.

quote:

Just for fun :)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Oh my god he needs to shave that loving mustache right now.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jaime L liked and shared this.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

40-something year old woman posted this of her 20-something year old boyfriend (husband?)

:stonk:

How did that happen?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

karl fungus posted:

How did that happen?

They met while both working at a gas station. She has 4 children already from 2 previous marriages. The guy pictured is a raging racist and all-around idiot, so I don't have any qualms about posting his pic.

The other day his wife (pink; apparently they're married) posted that he was going to "re-enlist" in the army. The first time he enlisted, he never went to boot camp, because despite having multiple chances, he was never able to piss clean. Apparently, they wouldn't let him in for a second shot and it's because he has tattoos and "no college" (the latter I wasn't aware was a requirement for the Army infantry), not the whole drug test thing. Surprisingly, no one calls them out on this.

Edit: Forgot to blur out one of the names.

Male Tiers has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Oct 2, 2014

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Both of those reasons are BS but especially the college one, a lot of people join the military just so they can afford to go to college after.

He needs to get in some serious trouble for wearing that uniform when he was never a service member, and for wearing it so terribly. What a shithead.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Holy gently caress. Everything about these two people is gently caress. How did you get to know them?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

karl fungus posted:

How did that happen?

My mom is 18 years older than my stepdad. She takes really good care of herself though, so most people think it's a 10-year gap, max.

Referring to her as the "dirty old professor" is something I have learned to do from outside striking distance.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The "no college" thing is definitely horse poo poo. It is not, nor has it ever been a requirement for enlisted personnel. Not a degree, not any amount of credits.

An officer would be different but I don't think that applies here.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I don't think I'll ever get tired of grown adults getting confused and angry over 2nd grade common core math problems.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

The "no college" thing is definitely horse poo poo. It is not, nor has it ever been a requirement for enlisted personnel. Not a degree, not any amount of credits.

An officer would be different but I don't think that applies here.

Unless he went into the recruitment office or wherever with a sense of entitlement wanting a higher position straight away.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Blue is the best in that convo. Simultaneously insulting the goof and trying to get him killed.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
The current state of beards.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

karl fungus posted:

Holy gently caress. Everything about these two people is gently caress. How did you get to know them?

The guy was a roommate of mine when I lived out-of-state for an internship a little over a year ago. Back then, he wasn't involved with his now-wife.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

You sure showed those little children whose boss, didn't you, you 22 year old?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
semper eh

And a typical 'if only you had been beaten regularly' thing from someone whom has never done so, but apparently now agrees with it:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There were never any rebellious teens in the 50s or any other time in the past! Not a single one!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

mng posted:

semper eh

This is pretty great, I don't know why you posted this in the "idiots" thread.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

This is pretty great, I don't know why you posted this in the "idiots" thread.

Oh no you're right, it is awesome. It wasn't posted on my FB, I just thought it fit with all the military talk :D GiP posters will agree that it's 100% accurate.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Hot off my news feed:

:downs:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

FadedReality posted:

Hot off my news feed:

:downs:

If you can't handle me when you're blind drunk, well. NEXT!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

mng posted:

My initial reaction was "so, don't water yourself down further than the initial 50%?"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

mng posted:

No, it's saying to piss off if you call him out for being half the man he could be.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Easily the best version of this I've read.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Picnic Princess posted:

There were never any rebellious teens in the 50s or any other time in the past! Not a single one!

Those rebellious teens are the old crotchety people of today. Just the way it's always been since pretty much the beginning of recorded history. :allears:

It is funny though that we got people like the 50s "greasers" (or whatever they called rebellious kids then) and hippies from the generations that apparently got their rear end beat regularly but that doesn't count.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kimmalah posted:

Those rebellious teens are the old crotchety people of today. Just the way it's always been since pretty much the beginning of recorded history. :allears:

It is funny though that we got people like the 50s "greasers" (or whatever they called rebellious kids then) and hippies from the generations that apparently got their rear end beat regularly but that doesn't count.

It takes 40 years for the beatings you get in childhood to take effect. That's why they all turned out okay in the end.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I'm pretty sure child abuse contributes to negative behaviors. Oh look.

But I'm sure their answer would be "that's not talking about spanking! Spanking isn't abuse!"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure child abuse contributes to negative behaviors. Oh look.

But I'm sure their answer would be "that's not talking about spanking! Spanking isn't abuse!"

You can't fool me with your fancy schmancy studies and common sense. :clint:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I wish there were more elderly greasers, though I imagine the likelihood of baldness is a deal-breaker.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wasabi the J posted:

Example: guy with autism talking about jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4

I know this is the thread where it's almost tradition to not get jokes and all, but please don't tell me that you haven't been able to work out that the professional comedian Stewart Lee plays a caricature of himself during his shows. It's not exactly subtle.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

EL BROMANCE posted:

I know this is the thread where it's almost tradition to not get jokes and all...

You're doing a fine job upholding tradition, but I'll explain my joke as well. I dislike how his vehicle for humor isn't very humorous, and it focuses entirely on the premise that the Top Gear hosts are not, themselves, caricatures.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wasabi the J posted:

You're doing a fine job upholding tradition, but I'll explain my joke as well. I dislike how his vehicle for humor isn't very humorous, and it focuses entirely on the premise that the Top Gear hosts are not, themselves, caricatures.

You conveyed that incredibly well in your post, except for the part where you just posted a Stewart Lee clip for no reason other than you don't like him.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Drive thru pay-it-forwards are dumb and make me irrationally annoyed. The only generous person was the first one or anyone in the middle that spent more than they intended. And even then, you're just buying cheap McDonald's for people who were already going to buy it for themselves.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

SpliffClavin posted:

Drive thru pay-it-forwards are dumb and make me irrationally annoyed. The only generous person was the first one or anyone in the middle that spent more than they intended. And even then, you're just buying cheap McDonald's for people who were already going to buy it for themselves.

Tell us more about the cool small things people do for each other that drives you crazy :allears:

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I feel like if the most annoying thing your friends do is appreciate or participate in small random acts of kindness, that's a good life.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I really hate it too honestly. Everybody just pay for what they were supposed to pay for. What if I just got a coffee and the guy behind me ordered 15 meals?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

If you stop the chain, it's not like anyone behind you is going to know. Use your coffee money to give the staff a tip or something, unless there's a policy that strictly forbids tipping at McDonalds. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah, but then I'm the rear end in a top hat!

• Locked thread