Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's more to the ship being a creep than the flesh thing and the kidnapping thing, and Kat's going to have to get to the root of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Is no one going to comment on how painful that pun was in Tom's comment

:pseudo: The amusingness of a pun can be charted like a hyperbola; eventually, they become so bad they go to negative infinity. The worse ones keep going and come back into the realm of good.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Puns are good and funny, pun haters can sit on a spike hth.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Chard posted:

Puns are good and funny, pun haters can sit on a spike hth.

I can see your point.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Is no one going to comment on how painful that pun was in Tom's comment
Why yes someone already did:

TurninTrix posted:

As much as I love those brows, I raise my fist on that pun, Tom. :argh:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dienes posted:

The only way I can see this going is Kat makes him flesh, screws up horribly, and the 'good' robots shake their heads at how ironically the Angel punished the presumptuous individual.

I can see this being exactly what happens. That being said this comic is often hard as balls to predict, so it'll probably be something inexplicable.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Oh, hey, they found Gamma. That's definitely good news. Now all they need to do is find Zimmy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hopefully it's really Gamma.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Gamma looks very pretty in this page!

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

She's on the mountain of plush toys. It's probably the real Gamma.

I hope. :ohdear:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Everything is definitely as it appears. There will be no mind-blowing narrative subterfuge in this visit to Zimmytown, no sirree.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

Everything is definitely as it appears. There will be no mind-blowing narrative subterfuge in this visit to Zimmytown, no sirree.

No, so far everyone seems to be real.
It's just Zimmy who has basically dissolved into the projection.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
now that they've found gamma, they can figure out just how many of the group are nobodies(all of them)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

amishjosh posted:

now that they've found gamma, they can figure out just how many of the group are nobodies(all of them)

Including Annie

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Including Annie

Well, she is missing the cut on her face...

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Genetic Toaster posted:

Well, she is missing the cut on her face...

This just occurred to me but maybe that tag on her arm is suppressing it somehow.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Ahhhh, Tom's twitter is so spooky today. :ohdear: :ghost:

e: I just realized just what Kat's going to turn the ship into! :suspense:

fffff fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 1, 2014

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

fffff posted:

Ahhhh, Tom's twitter is so spooky today. :ohdear: :ghost:

Yeah, he changed his avatar to a g-g-g-g-dead guy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And that somehow actually made his Twitter avatar less spooky.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
There was one time when Annie didn't have the cut on her face in Zimmytown. When she was actually Zimmy:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=727

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Kantesu posted:

There was one time when Annie didn't have the cut on her face in Zimmytown. When she was actually Zimmy:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=727

Good point although I can't tell where the switch happens. Like do Annie and Zimmy switch before she opens that door, or is it when Zimmy rounds that corner going from frame 4 to 5? A slight difference now is that Jenny and Jack were there with Annie prior to the illusion happening, but this does seem like a good possibility, although Gamma will probably say something next page if it's happening again.

Maybe a good argument for this being Annie now is that she's speaking Polish since I'm pretty sure Zimmy doesn't understand it.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Chronojam posted:

Actually, how about :

Dear Tom: Robot King toys with faces that can take dry-erase markers in the Topataco store, please.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I think this time Spider City has manifested so severely that it's closer to physical space than the aether--you'll notice how last time, only a few people went in and it mostly seemed to exist in Zimmy's mind (or something like that), whereas this time everybody is here and the whole thing has to exist at least partially in 'real' space if the ship wants to have permanent flesh. That's why Annie doesn't have the cut; this Zimmy Fun Time is so fun we're not even in aetherspace anymore.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tom's latest video retrospective is up, for 'Dobranoc, Gamma'. Still one of my favorite chapters, especially among the early ones. Interesting that he makes a point of mentioning how Zimmy's nightmare Birmingham often includes themes of a melding of flesh and robotics. But I'm sure that doesn't have any pertinence to the current story.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Jack seems pretty popular with the ladies. :3:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kat is gonna end up liking this too much.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm expecting Kat to flashback to this page because while being able to do this is cool, it's scientifically unusable since she can't repeat the experiment.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
You stop that right now, Kat! Sure, warped perversions of physics are fun to play with, but that way leads down the path of Mad Science and Playing In God's Domain. That never ends well.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Weird how Gamma just totally looked past Annie and focused on Jack. :tinfoil:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Kat, have you been on the internet at all in the past seven years? Do you at least know who Admiral Ackbar is? He has some sage advice when it comes to giving cruise ships controlled by AI an organic form to better its attempts to woo an extra-dimensional giant crustacean, but you're not listening :argh:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Glory to the Flesh. Glory to the Mass."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGWEnaZamBo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
At first I thought the boat said that last sentence, but it wouldn't exclaim amazement and it has jagged speech bubbles.
In other words, Kat considers this delevopment amazing. I thought she would be terrified, but that development might be interesting.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If Gamma and Jack get together who'll watch out for Zimmy? :ohdear:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

RandomPauI posted:

If Gamma and Jack get together who'll watch out for Zimmy? :ohdear:

The spiders :getin:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Daktar posted:

Dear Tom: Robot King toys with faces that can take dry-erase markers in the Topataco store, please.

That...would be amazing. :magical:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Jack's looking pretty tired. He's definitely relapsing.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Last time we saw someone hearing Gamma's telepathy, it was because she was actually Zimmy... :tinfoil:

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Strategic Tea posted:

Last time we saw someone hearing Gamma's telepathy, it was because she was actually Zimmy... :tinfoil:

we haven't seen zimmy in a while, not since the disturbance...

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Last time, Gamma immediately knew it was just Zimmy forgetting who she was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wonder if the torn sea is also a euphemism to a tear in Annie and Kat's relationship