Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Are we sure it's okay for me to be playing as Ganondorf? Because I'm not so certain. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hit home, open web browser, go to https://i.nintendo.net and upload to your site of choice. Alternatively upload to Miiverse and save the image on your computer from there.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Are we sure it's okay for me to be playing as Ganondorf? Because I'm not so certain. :stare:

It's always okay to play as Ganondorf. :geno:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Is there a recommended order to tackle the split campaigns? I think I saw that someone said to do the Twilight Princess one first for minimal backtracking because you get the Hookshot there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

It's always okay to play as Ganondorf. :geno:

B-but he's a monster.

I just used him for the first time on the level to unlock Agitha and he tore through it and A-ranked it effortlessly. One hit destroyed all enemy weak points. He exploded the entire battlefield.

im scared

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 2, 2014

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Artix posted:

Is there a recommended order to tackle the split campaigns? I think I saw that someone said to do the Twilight Princess one first for minimal backtracking because you get the Hookshot there.

Yeah that is about it really. There a skull-thing or two on the other levels that need the hookshot to get at it, but if you don't particularly care about that then just go at them in any order.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Rocketlex posted:

Darunia's Strong Attack (the roll) can eat through Weak Point meters like nobody's business. Guy doesn't get nearly enough love, probably because his special attack kinda sucks.

The animation for it makes up for it.

Get into that hot beat, Darunia.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Artix posted:

Yeah, just get the Hookshot from the Twilight Palace before you do Death Mountain because the Skulltula there requires it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I found the Skyward Sword one to be a bit easier than the others, but you get the hookshot from the Twighlight Princess route, which you need for some of the heart pieces in the other paths.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

B-but he's a monster.

I just used him for the first time on the level to unlock Agitha and he tore through it and A-ranked it effortlessly. One hit destroyed all enemy weak points. He exploded the entire battlefield.

im scared

hush, it's okay. Ganondorf is there for you, he'll make all the bad things go away :angel:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Regy Rusty posted:

B-but he's a monster.

im scared
Do not fear the dark side, embrace it. :getin:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Does Gannondorf deal more damage when he's got the glowy swords, or is that just to let you know your meter is full?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Regy Rusty posted:

B-but he's a monster.

im scared

No one man should have all that Power... but if you've got it... flaunt it. :getin:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocketlex posted:

Does Gannondorf deal more damage when he's got the glowy swords, or is that just to let you know your meter is full?

I believe that's just to show the Falcon Megaton Punch is ready, or to get into any nearby raves.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Okay I can't believe I need help with him but Ganondorf seems like hot trash to me. Trying to do his level 3 weapon mission in adventure and he's level 36, has a sword with 180 or so damage and he can't even kill a keep boss with a single string of Y's.

Why is he so rear end for me? Everything takes forever to die and he takes hits like a chump.

Edit: Like most people I catch up in levels somewhat and they do better but mannn

The missions in the upper left and upper right areas are all really loving hard. 36 ain't gonna cut it. Try 50.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Can someone explain how to use the fairies that protect you from damaging keeps after you save them?

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Ometeotl posted:

Can someone explain how to use the fairies that protect you from damaging keeps after you save them?

They're items just like bombs, arrows, potions, etc. Use em once you get to the keep with the barrier that corresponds with the fairy

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

After you pick them up, they're added to your item iventory. Just use it inside the right elemental fort. It's crossed out if you're anywhere else, so you can't accidentally misuse it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

See, that's what I figured, but it's not there.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
You have to actually walk over the fairy in the keep you free it from to pick it up.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

See, that's what I figured, but it's not there.

Then you didn't pick it up. You can't just capture the fort, you have to pick it up from the middle of the fort after you capture it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yup, not there either. The game said "You saved a fairy of light" or whatever, but it's not in that keep or in my inventory.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
I figured I'd probably like this game, but I didn't think I'd be enjoying it this much, it feels like every time I sit down to play there's something new I like. NNID is Thanks_Internet.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

Yup, not there either. The game said "You saved a fairy of light" or whatever, but it's not in that keep or in my inventory.

Huh. It should be there. Maybe it disappears if you leave the fort before picking it up? :confused:

edit: I think that's it actually, I remember forgetting to pick it up on one of the adventure maps, going back, and not finding it there. You just have to remember to grab it before you leave.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Short Darunia Guide: How to be a true Big Brother

To play Darunia, you have to be in the mindset for Darunia. You are a giant man made of rocks with a giant hammer, and your greatest skill is your appreciation for hot beats, ocarinas, and eating smaller rocks.

Darunia's standard weak attacks are some of the slowest in the game, but they hit hard and have a small AOE thanks to the Fire effect on Darunia's only weapon, the Hammer. Darunia needs nothing more than the hammer. When you are Darunia, every enemy is a nail.

By pressing Strong Attack, you can access Darunia's special move, the roll. The roll makes Darunia do damage as he rolls forward, and can even pick up larger enemies like Stalfos and Moblins. If you've picked up enemies, at the end of the roll, Darunia executes a giant loving punch shockwaves, so try and make sure you're facing a big group of enemies before stopping to maximize the destruction of your pill bug impersonation.

Combos (Using Zelda controls because I'm lazy and they're the only ones I know)

B Repeating: Darunia smashes the hammer in front of him a few times and goes into a spin. This is good for clearing out trash, but I rarely use it when BBY and BBBY exist.

BY: The second hit of this combo is slightly delayed, so it's good for commanders/moblins that keep loving blocking.

Multiple B's and then Y: I can barely even distinguish these but they all own. Darunia plants his hammer into the ground and body slams it, making a lava field erupt around him. This persists for a while afterwards, so you can potentially finish off a keep and the Keep Boss in one attack.

Special Attack: Darunia starts his cool dance, but then decides to just walk forward swinging his hammer. Try to use this as close as possible to the main target, as they take damage for each hammer whack and are carried with it.

Magic Mode Special: Darunia jumps into the air, turns giant, and slams back down. This is another AOE, which is what he's all about.

Darunia is a big, heavy character who has movement options in his Roll, so he can keep killing enemies while dodging. This makes him pretty good for those "Kill X enemies in 10 minutes" maps.

If everything I just said doesn't appeal to you at all, just play him for his victory animation.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Well, even with having to tank a couple hearts worth of damage in the evil keep and running and clearing every keep on the map needlessly, I still got straight A's on that map, so I guess I can't complain too much.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

Well, even with having to tank a couple hearts worth of damage in the evil keep and running and clearing every keep on the map needlessly, I still got straight A's on that map, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Whatever works. :shrug: Just make sure you pick it up immediately next time it comes up.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

THE loving MOON posted:

Huh. It should be there. Maybe it disappears if you leave the fort before picking it up? :confused:

edit: I think that's it actually, I remember forgetting to pick it up on one of the adventure maps, going back, and not finding it there. You just have to remember to grab it before you leave.

I was playing a map earlier today, cleared the keep with the faerie, thought I'd picked it up, got to outside the keep with the barrier and was looking through my inventory and couldn't find it. Went back to the keep and it was still waiting for me in the center.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is there a way to check kill progress for a weapon?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Yeah. Look at the weapon in the Smithy or Equip screen. Or hell, just look at the slots in the weapon if you're mid battle. The kill KO counter auto-updates with everything you do.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man Adventure Mode stops loving around pretty fast! You start needing A ranks to get to anywhere important and if you haden't played the original Legend of Zelda you'll chugging down compass's for the none obvoius secret spots.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yeah. Look at the weapon in the Smithy or Equip screen. Or hell, just look at the slots in the weapon if you're mid battle. The kill KO counter auto-updates with everything you do.

Okay, I see that the Master Sword has a very special unlock requirement for its skill. Oops.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
you're retarded if you don't use your rupees to level up your other characters. that's almost their entire purpose.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It took me something like 15 attempts and I gained 20 levels (each time the issue was damage, not KOs or time, except one time I got KOs and damage but cleared it in 15:02), but I finally got the Level 3 gauntlets.

Totally worth it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Okay, I see that the Master Sword has a very special unlock requirement for its skill. Oops.

Speaking of, does it need every weapon including level 2 and 3, or just all the base weapons?

While I'm here, can you get any 8-bit swords other than the one from Legendary? I'm kinda paranoid about accidentally selling it.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
The second twilight stage in legend mode is kicking my butt.
My base gets overrun by lieutenants by the time I kill the dragon and Zant enters the battle, but I can't find a good opportunity to break off from objectives and capture some keeps since most of the level is the dragon bombarding your base I:

Maybe I should just capture all the available keeps on the level before I go to the first keep and the bridges collapse, requiring me to get the hookshot and starting the chain of objectives.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I spent way too friggin' long tonight unlocking the magic gate for Lana.

It's a fun weapon, but pretty awkward to use. The book is just too good, so I'll probably end up sticking with that.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Bruceski posted:

While I'm here, can you get any 8-bit swords other than the one from Legendary? I'm kinda paranoid about accidentally selling it.
Play enough and use the apocathary for higher rank weapon drops. I've gotten my nice 3-star 8-bit sword which is carrying Link through the tougher stages right now. It's a shame I prefer using everyone else as much as possible.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

The second twilight stage in legend mode is kicking my butt.
My base gets overrun by lieutenants by the time I kill the dragon and Zant enters the battle, but I can't find a good opportunity to break off from objectives and capture some keeps since most of the level is the dragon bombarding your base I:

Maybe I should just capture all the available keeps on the level before I go to the first keep and the bridges collapse, requiring me to get the hookshot and starting the chain of objectives.

The best way to handle that one is by ignoring the command to capture the two keeps at the beginning, and instead focusing on fortifying your half of the map. There's a keep and an outpost to the southwest that you should take first, also the two on the west side. The objectives can wait pretty much indefinitely, but taking those early on will give you a whole lot more breathing room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIN5jkgH-o

Wizzro is ranged so so hopefully Omega Force has learned how to make range movesets that aren't either broken or trash garbage.

• Locked thread