Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I have never gotten a puncture on a motorcycle.
:c00lbert:

I assume I'm not riding enough.

edit: Gaaah new page.
Content: I loving hate the new Ducati Scrambler promo movie so loving much. I'm literally angry about it right now. It's stupider than so much of the poo poo that goes on HNasty's blog. The only thing that could make it worse is a stupid fuckin voiceover about the real motorcycle lifestyle and how you have to own one to understand it.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I've never seen a group able to get more worked up over a marketing pitch than goons do.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I have never gotten a puncture on a motorcycle.
:c00lbert:

Saying anything like that is the kiss of death. I once said something even dumber, "I haven't gotten a ticket in a year and a half!" Then I got two in the next two days. Ouch.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

clutchpuck posted:

I've never seen a group able to get more worked up over a marketing pitch than goons do.

We've been living with your Buell pitch for ages and only a few people in CA can't stand you.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

n8r posted:

We've been living with your Buell pitch for ages and only a few people in CA can't stand you.

Yeah but with clutchpuck it's not marketing, man, it's a lifestyle.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The only way it could've more hipster is if they had a scene with angle grinder sparks that transformed it into a cafe racer.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

clutchpuck posted:

I don't really hate it that much, it's just all I could think of to rant about on short notice.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I think I hate the Scrambler ad more than the usual videos on BHBV. The hipster videos are about desperately chasing, but failing to capture, authenticity and manliness. Videos like the Scrambler ad are chasing the fake-authenticity and cargo-cult-masculinity of the hipster videos, while homogenising it down to wallpaper paste consistency so it will see approval by a board of dead-eyed middle marketing 'brand managers'.

There was meeting upon meeting about whether the pushing-a-guy-into-the-piss-bush clip was "too much" for the target demographic, you loving know it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm going to buy the scrambler and turn it into a standard cruiser.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Then you can say you were buying lovely café bikes and turning them into comfortable tourers before it was cool.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yes, make a modern Indiana

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

n8r posted:

To be fair it's worked. I'm now convinced that I want a Ulysses at a subconscious level.

I don't think I've ever seen one though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Backov posted:

To be fair it's worked. I'm now convinced that I want a Ulysses at a subconscious level.

This problem resolves itself: once you've seen one, you won't want one anymore!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

n8r posted:

I think its funny. :3:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Backov posted:

I did the same thing, except with a versys. Then I test rode one and was all "wow I was right". My condolences though

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Helmet, jacket, gloves and... shorts.

I can't ride at the moment due to just having major jaw surgery (my face looks like a swollen potato) and likely won't be able to for at least three months. Just as Texas is beginning to cool down. :suicide:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I did the same thing, except with a versys. Then I test rode one and was all "wow I was right". My condolences though

what kind of sick bastard pitches a versys

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

n8r posted:

It's no pitch, I live this poo poo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KARMA! posted:

what kind of sick bastard pitches a versys

A convert :smileywhosjawfaalsoffandthetonguewagllesaround:

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Sock Weasel posted:

Helmet, jacket, gloves and... shorts.

Well, maybe he's afraid of having his wallet fall out of his jorts and the jacket has zip-up pockets.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

A convert :smileywhosjawfaalsoffandthetonguewagllesaround:

unsmigghh. Two g's and two h's, that's how I remember it

:unsmigghh:

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
My personal fave is the guy in a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes, and for safety's sake, an Icon spine protector.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lynza posted:

My personal fave is the guy in a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes, and for safety's sake, an Icon spine protector.

Bro your skin can heal and poo poo but if you land on your spine IT'S ALL OVER YO.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

hosed up a bunch of poo poo in my wrist and can't work a clutch. There goes any chance of riding before the snows come.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

switch it to the right hand. that front brake is just a suicide lever anyway

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

hosed up a bunch of poo poo in my wrist and can't work a clutch. There goes any chance of riding before the snows come.

Buy an nc750.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I've managed to sprain both wrists this year. I'm back to 90% good so can ride a bike fine but moving something slightly heavy the wrong way and I'm back to braces and pain (I'm a mechanic so this happens quite a bit). Wrists take loving forever to get back to normal especially when you can't really give them much of a break because it's either letting them properly heal or going to work for me.

Bugdrvr fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 12, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Riding home today I pulled up at a large intersection and there was a guy on a harley waiting to turn on the other side of the intersection. He had his little kid on the back and when they turned and went past me the little boy looked at me and stuck his arm out and gave me a thumbs down :saddowns:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Riding home today I pulled up at a large intersection and there was a guy on a harley waiting to turn on the other side of the intersection. He had his little kid on the back and when they turned and went past me the little boy looked at me and stuck his arm out and gave me a thumbs down :saddowns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's what I get for riding the most boring bike....in the world.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

That's what I get for riding the most boring bike....in the world.

It's okay though! You know when a homophobic father teaches his son lots of anti-gay slurs, the kid probably ends up being gay? That kid will end up hating Harleys and start riding supermotos, therefore disgracing his father.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

KARMA! posted:

Buy an nc750.

I fully expected two responses: yours, and "Snow? Ha ha, what a pussy."

Or a combination of the two: "Buy a DRZ, pussy."

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Buy an autobox DRZ, dick. Err, I mean pussy.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I rode in falling snow once riding home from work one day on my DRZ, wasnt that bad even with a light dusting of snow. Dont wanna try with any more than a light dusting without having studded tires.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ripoff posted:

It's okay though! You know when a homophobic father teaches his son lots of anti-gay slurs, the kid probably ends up being gay? That kid will end up hating Harleys and start riding supermotos, therefore disgracing his father.

Old white man probably in his 50 is sitting down in a kitchen table. The man is wearing a leather vest jacket with no shirt, said jacket sports a big rear end Harley logo. His body is strewn with tattoos a Harley tattoo is visible as well as a I loce my son tattoo that looks recently modified. He looks downcast and gloomy as gently caress clutching a chepass whiskey bottle. He starts having flashbacks about the good times he had with his son. Some of the scenes are the old man giving the son little gifts involving Harleys products as gifts. The flash backs turns sad once the son becomes a teenager and begins to paste posters of Japanese motorcycles in his bedroom. The old man and the son are shown fighting when the father finds a Suzuki branded jacket in his son arms. The flashback ends and the camera pans into a ripped photograph, it shows the son and a girl posing in front of an Japanese sports bike. The old man begins to cry earnestly…

20 years later…

The old man is doing his favorite thing in the world, driving his Harley. He is using the most stereotypical Harley gear you can imagine but the guy is having gently caress so who cares. A hooligan in a Japanese sport touring bike pulls up and nods to the old man, the old man not taking any of this hooligan poo poo flips the bird at him. The hooligan flips open the helmet revealing that it’s in fact the son, only 20 years older. The son shakes his head disapproving in the old man rude behavior. Suddenly in a sound that can only be described as deliciously Italian an European super sport bike pulls up between them. The stranger then flips off the old man and the son, accelerates and wheelies off to the distance. The son stares befuddled at the rudeness of his own son while the old man merely laughs. The camara then pans into the old man tattoos again, the Harley tattoo is a little bit faded and his other Tattoo had a second modification.

I loce my son
And Grandson

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 13, 2014

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If I still lived in my little Canadian hometown I would totally get a TW200 and put spiked ice tires on it and commute to work on that from November to March.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Looks like I'm about to become medium-temporary caretaker of my friends DRZ400SM. Should be fun!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
2,000 miles? Nah dude, it had 22,000. Definitely.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Looks like I'm about to become medium-temporary caretaker of my friends DRZ400SM. Should be fun!

The best burden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Normally I get upset at people who cut through parking lots to try to cut the line into work every morning, but today an AGATT guy with a sweet old FJR was trying to so I let him. Maybe the second or third ATGATT guy I've actually seen at work.