Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I'll admit Sasuke was sort of making sense when he said Itachi was the real Hokage, but it went down a much stupider path than I thought after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They should have called this manga "Itachi is neat" and cut the nonsense.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
So Sasuke wants to be the target for all the world's hatred to unify them against him? That's basically what Itachi did and kinda what Pain did but on a much grander scale for the former and through hatred and not fear for the latter.

It kinda makes sense to me...? That doesn't mean it's especially compelling or smart but it does make sense.

edit: to be honest I'm more interested in waiting for the Sharingan Legend. That's tomorrow right? :allears:

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 2, 2014

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Just going through the motions so that they have their big fight it seems. Oh well.

I just want an interesting fight but I'm just kidding myself.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 2, 2014

Lazy Bastard
Aug 23, 2004
Laziness is an art
blah blah blah darkness blah inside me blah. Not even killing Sasuke can redeem this manga. The only way I'll be satisfied is if in the middle of their fight, they fly at each other and start making out like in a horrible fanfic and then it just ends right there.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AshB posted:

I'll admit Sasuke was sort of making sense when he said Itachi was the real Hokage, but it went down a much stupider path than I thought after that.
Yeah it kinda loses it after a bit. He is basically saying he wants to be Danzo and that is actually just kinda weird.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm afraid to read the actual chapter now because it wont live up to this.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

At least Sasuke acknowledges Naruto as a friend...a brother perhaps

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
If you cut the pages after Sasuke said Itachi was the real Hokage (which was really loving cool) and keep some of the flashbacks about how one person can't do this poo poo alone, then we got a good chapter going, otherwise boy did Sasuke's logic seemed flawed the longer he went

This, also, would've made the chapter ten times better

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
Code Geass: The Sasuke Chronicles

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A pure white world.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
remember years ago you guys decided to replace "hatred" with "boners"?

yeah

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Race Realists posted:

remember years ago you guys decided to replace "hatred" with "boners"?

yeah

That was me and I haven't stopped doing and it has greatly improved my manga reading experience

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
By the way the anime's reached the part where Obito becomes the Sage or whatever, while the dub has just hit Gaara's big speech right at the start. There's no escape from this arc!

:allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
At this point, I'm pretty sure there are yaoi doujin of this series that are less homoerotic than the source material.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh hey, New OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsIu_L531ak

Best part is how the ending of the OP just out right shows you Obito's fate, and it's goddamn glorious.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 3, 2014

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

This section of the new OP kinda resembles this part in Amazing Spiderman 2

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
real talk, i can barely even tell what the gently caress it looks like animated as well

antavila posted:

This section of the new OP kinda resembles this part in Amazing Spiderman 2

snip

of course you'd link two terrible things together!

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 3, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I wonder how anime only viewers are going to react to Kaguya.

Also I am reminded all over again of how much I dislike Super Ninja Naruto. Sage Mode was just so much better in every single way, why Kishimoto whyyyyy.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
cuz gently caress you thats why

EDIT: I've took it upon myself to hear what the Bee's dub voice sounds like

:stare:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 3, 2014

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Also I am reminded all over again of how much I dislike Super Ninja Naruto. Sage Mode was just so much better in every single way, why Kishimoto whyyyyy.
It was really drat cool, and Super Sage mode both looks dumb and it came so soon after Sage Mode that we barely got time to appreciate Naruto taking the time to learn something new and get the awesome power to punch stuff super hard before he became even Goku-ier.

Dexo posted:

Oh hey, New OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsIu_L531ak

Best part is how the ending of the OP just out right shows you Obito's fate, and it's goddamn glorious.

God drat. I'm not the biggest Madara fan by a long shot, but that really drove home for me how much better even he was as a villain than any-loving-thing that came after him between Obito and Kaguya's joint awfulness.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Aesthetically, I do like the way that Naruto's Nine Tailed Jinchuuriki form looks, unless we're talking about this one.

That being said, I definitely would've been more on-board with the idea of Naruto's Jinchuuriki powers being something that he needed to avoid using and he uses Sage Mode as a substitute.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 3, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Race Realists posted:

cuz gently caress you thats why

EDIT: I've took it upon myself to hear what the Bee's dub voice sounds like

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdHffg9gvg

These are some legit rhymes

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Sage Mode was cool because there were limitations. And it was, seemingly, on par with a MS Sasuke, so the two could theoretically have a good battle. After Naruto became the strongest fighter of all time by mastering the 9 tails I was confused how they were going to have an even fight, didn't assume both of them would go to like God Level Strength from a Ghost

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Sage Mode was visually distinct, wasn't a generic "now I'm twice as strong" shonen power-up, and tied into Naruto's established moveset perfectly. In-story it's the natural culmination of his apprenticeship under Jiraiya, and shows how he's grown from relying entirely on the Nine Tails.

Tailed Beast Mode is basically the opposite of all of that, it's horrible. It is literally Super Saiyan Naruto.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Sasuke: "Itachi aspired to be a light in a world of shadows and protect his beloved village. To this end, he concoted an insane plan that involved killing a lot of people and becoming a lightning rod for everyone's vengeance and misery -- a plan which failed utterly and, as he told me in person, ultimately brought him nothing but bitter regret. It is this second part of Itachi's legacy that I aspire to emulate."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Triple Elation posted:

Sasuke: "Itachi aspired to be a light in a world of shadows and protect his beloved village. To this end, he concoted an insane plan that involved killing a lot of people and becoming a lightning rod for everyone's vengeance and misery -- a plan which failed utterly and, as he told me in person, ultimately brought him nothing but bitter regret. It is this second part of Itachi's legacy that I aspire to emulate."

Sasuke would(be more likely to anyway) succeed as no one alive would know that he was the one who killed the kages.

"Poor Kages, Naruto Sakura and Kakashi died to save the world. I'm going to carry on Narutos beliefs and blah blah blah"

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dexo posted:

Sasuke would(be more likely to anyway) succeed as no one alive would know that he was the one who killed the kages.

"Poor Kages, Naruto Sakura and Kakashi died to save the world. I'm going to carry on Narutos beliefs and blah blah blah"

No they'll totally know because he's going to tell them and declare himself grand dictator for life and make the entire world hate him so they're too busy to hate each other.

Until he dies and then everything goes back to normal and he accomplishes a grand total of nothing.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=
Sasuke's the hokage the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hate him--because he can take it. Because he's not our hokage. He's an whiny guardian. A complete douche nozzle. An Uchiha.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Team Uchiha: World Police

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Dexo posted:

But that's the opposite of what his plan is. He wants everyone to know that he killed the kages because he wants everyone to hate him instead of each other, so there will be no more war. The big problem with this plan is that IT ALREADY HAPPENED. The whole Ninja UN thing was about them putting aside their differences and focusing their hatred on Obito/Madara. His utopian plan is perfectly fine, but it has already happened and he just wants some petty revenge because he is an idiot LOVES TOO MUCH.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He probably realized that this was the opposite of what Itachi wanted the moment Naruto brought it up, but just stopping there would be awkward for everyone involved, so he kept going.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Flytrap posted:

No they'll totally know because he's going to tell them and declare himself grand dictator for life and make the entire world hate him so they're too busy to hate each other.

Until he dies and then everything goes back to normal and he accomplishes a grand total of nothing.

Would he die? He has ghost god powers right now, by killing Naruto and the beasts he's basically The Strongest Ninja living and would probably live forever or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Terper posted:

He probably realized that this was the opposite of what Itachi wanted the moment Naruto brought it up, but just stopping there would be awkward for everyone involved, so he kept going.

Well, they ARE already at the Valley of the End. It'd just be silly not to have a climactic final battle after wandering all the way out there. :shepface:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

So Sasuke kept his rinnegan clearly, where are the gudoudama that Naruto had? Did he magically lose his powerups while Sasuke kept his?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Olothreutes posted:

So Sasuke kept his rinnegan clearly, where are the gudoudama that Naruto had? Did he magically lose his powerups while Sasuke kept his?

That would be the only way to remotely balance this fight.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Olothreutes posted:

It's actually one of his clones. The real Naruto is off secretly freeing everyone and double zombie resing Itachi, his friend with the brainwash eyes, and the one Uchiha even the 2nd liked to stage an eye hack intervention.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would love that twist. :allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It would be cool, and extremely hilarious to realize that Naruto considers Sasuke's plan so pathetic that he won't even confront Sasuke himself, and instead sends a clone to do it.

I can imagine him and the sage having a convo about it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Orochimaru: "So I guess I could really get used to this. I mean, clearly the world is absolutely out of room for more villains, and the barrier to entry for the job has become ludicrous to begin with, so I suppose that now that this Kaguya business is done and the world is a giant crater, I can settle for hanging around doing crazy-sweet experiments while I groom my insanely hardcore student to become Hokage. Occasionally I'll go out drinking with Tsuande, and we can have hearty chuckles about how we're both obsessed with not growing old, and about my hilarious no-arms phase. Then when Sasuke is Hokage I will go to Mt. Rushmore and laugh in Hiruzen and Minato's huge stony faces, and here is Sasuke making his grand statement that will launch his political career starting with freeing everyone from - - - huh."

Naruto: "So, Sasuke, I understand that you are challenging me to a battle of who can make the more convincing, ideology-crushing, existential-crisis-inducing speech. So what handicap am I taking? Do I speak in Pig Latin? Maybe I can start by staying away from the word 'friend', or, to be safe, the letter 'e' altogether, and we can see how it goes? Maybe we can arrange for you to be verbally resuscitated, like, once or twice, when you are near the brink of despair? Should I do it? Should we get Hinata?"

Kakashi: "Dear screenwriters; I would like to express my deep distress over a recent scene where I am incapable of dispelling a simple genjutsu. Gai, at least, got to go out in a blaze of glory and will be remembered for his role in this battle; I, in contrast, will be remembered for receiving a temporary ghost eye transplant, which is apparently a thing. I have been reduced to reaffirming to myself that 'all I can do is believe in Naruto and Sasuke', which is a weak, ridiculous attitude to take, befitting of fodder and not nigh-first-tier main characters such as myself. To be frank, I cannot imagine the lows to which a character could possibly yet sink from such a position."

Sakura: "gently caress my life."

• Locked thread