Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Wait what?

sorry yeah asura. got morrowind on the brain

the guy who voiced the first asura was literally maurice lamarche from pinky and the brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
So I just reinstalled and have set up lots of mods for flavor. One of these mods was the LGNPC thing. I get off the boat at Seyda Neen and talk to Eldafire or whatever and she goes off talking about how she was abused by priests as a child or something. Sooooo nope. If I turn off the mod am I going to need to restart my game entirely or should I be able to keep going no prob? Been a while since I've done this

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
You installed lgnpc

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
For whatever reason I was under the impression they got rid of all that stuff :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

supergayboy posted:

For whatever reason I was under the impression they got rid of all that stuff :(

Getting rid. Eventually. Supposedly.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
lol that lgnpc thing is loving terrible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

although for a second i thought it was four-player goldeneye style morrowind deathmatches

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

art

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
whats the best thing to do with a shitload of money, train a bunch of skills to max?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Abandon posted:

whats the best thing to do with a shitload of money, train a bunch of skills to max?

meticulously build a fort out of that cash

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The ending of the words is LOSS.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Abandon posted:

lol that lgnpc thing is loving terrible
lgnpc offers high quality writing that morrowind was tragically without until now

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

morrowind is kinda a weird case in that most of the dialogue in the game is procedurally generated and somewhat stilted and forgetable, but it basically doesn't matter as it's telling this massive big picture story of the fate of nation and the end of a religion. even if lgnpcs wasn't terrible i still wouldn't really give a poo poo about it, the game just isn't about the rich inner life of ralven hlarth, muckfarmer

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

A Steampunk Gent posted:

morrowind is kinda a weird case in that most of the dialogue in the game is procedurally generated and somewhat stilted and forgetable, but it basically doesn't matter as it's telling this massive big picture story of the fate of nation and the end of a religion. even if lgnpcs wasn't terrible i still wouldn't really give a poo poo about it, the game just isn't about the rich inner life of ralven hlarth, muckfarmer

hmmmm i'm not sure you know what procedurally generated means bud

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Hate to steer away from Morrowind stuff yet again, but remember C0DA chat? Well someone made a Skyrim mod that explores some of that stuff. Haven't tried it yet though but it looks interesting and weird as hell.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58672

What was the consensus on whether or not C0DA, and other out of game materials by Kirkbride, are considered a canon part of the TES lore? On one hand Kirkbride is the king of TES lore but on the other hand he is loving nuts and doesn't work for Bethesda anymore.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

supergayboy posted:

So I just reinstalled and have set up lots of mods for flavor. One of these mods was the LGNPC thing. I get off the boat at Seyda Neen and talk to Eldafire or whatever and she goes off talking about how she was abused by priests as a child or something. Sooooo nope. If I turn off the mod am I going to need to restart my game entirely or should I be able to keep going no prob? Been a while since I've done this

from this description i assumed "LGNPC" was related to LGBT until i looked it up

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Geoff Zahn posted:

Hate to steer away from Morrowind stuff yet again, but remember C0DA chat? Well someone made a Skyrim mod that explores some of that stuff. Haven't tried it yet though but it looks interesting and weird as hell.

What was the consensus on whether or not C0DA, and other out of game materials by Kirkbride, are considered a canon part of the TES lore? On one hand Kirkbride is the king of TES lore but on the other hand he is loving nuts and doesn't work for Bethesda anymore.

Even though the actual text C0DA is bizarre and not in the good Kirkbride way it's still better than pretty much anything Bethesda has added to the series so I'm pretty cool with just deeming TES open source and calling it a day.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Geoff Zahn posted:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
in answer to your question i don't really think the idea of a consensus on whether something is canon really applies. maybe it does to something like the bible but the main thing that matters here is whether something good, and every player makes their own mind up what they think makes a good story and world (thats part of the magic of RPGs) and mk's recent stuff kind of sucks compared to the real poo poo such as pocket guide to the empire and the 36 lessons of vivec but it's still pretty good

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I didn't much like c0da but it's meaningless to ask whether its canon, the entire point was kirkbride saying 'everything/nothing is canon, do whatever you want'. and tbh the reaction to that is kind of 'yeah we know, it's a video game'

also to me that's like a michelin starred chef saying 'no food is better than others, cook whatever you want!' No dude, your food is better than others, please cook me something, don't tell me to have fun doing it myself.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Yeah, guess it was kind of a dumb question. I get too caught up in cool fantasy game universes and I was dead tired while reading a lot of stuff last night. :shobon:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i can tell you what the gently caress isnt canon, as far as i'm concerned: every version of the pocket guide that isn't the first edition, and the dumbass eso alliances

though they get a slight laugh out of it with the nord/dunmer cultural exchange ambassadors

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
im bored of my monk, playing my nightblade again
for people who are meant to be really unfreindly the telvannis sure give you a lot of money and free stuff just for showing up and asking for a job

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Abandon posted:

im bored of my monk, playing my nightblade again
for people who are meant to be really unfreindly the telvannis sure give you a lot of money and free stuff just for showing up and asking for a job

dont worry they can just loot it off of you later

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

A Steampunk Gent posted:

morrowind is kinda a weird case in that most of the dialogue in the game is procedurally generated and somewhat stilted and forgetable

What in the the gently caress are you blathering on about?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the only remotely good dialogue in the game comes from Vivec but this isn't a loving Bioware game that's all about ~character drama~ anyway, basically, so who cares

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

bonzibuddy64 posted:

What in the the gently caress are you blathering on about?

procedurally 'assigned' then. like just about everything is dictated automatically by the npc's race/class/faction/geographic location which is why everyone always says stuff like 'i'm a commoner, i do odds and ends as a citizen of the empire, the rich get richer and the poor get pooer but w/e', it's not exactly riveting stuff. but maybe i'm just incapable of perceiving the perfect all-encompassing glory of Michael Kirkbride's Magnum Opus The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? :shrug:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

the only remotely good dialogue in the game comes from Vivec but this isn't a loving Bioware game that's all about ~character drama~ anyway, basically, so who cares

yeah basically this, though talking with dagoth ur at the end was pretty neat too

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Dagoth Ur was a very chill, polite dude, and objectively he did nothing wrong

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

the only thing which really seemed to be crossing the line, by the standards of current empire and dunmer government anyway, was that whole corpus disease malarky. otherwise he's just another nationalist king dude who wanted to kick out the imperials and keep argonian slaves, but seriously what the christ was the deal with the degenerative body horror worm faced madness, that's just all kinds of messed up

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
he was freeing his followers from the constraints of mortality and non-protean flesh

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

If somebody ran for president on the platform of turning everybody into immortal zombie elephant men with tubas for noses id vote for them

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

i'd forgotten about that divine dreaming angle, seems to have a less than perfect success rate considering all the broken brained ash slaves and corpus mutants you can run across though, i guess dagoth ur is basically the albert wesker of TES

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

A Steampunk Gent posted:

procedurally 'assigned' then. like just about everything is dictated automatically by the npc's race/class/faction/geographic location which is why everyone always says stuff like 'i'm a commoner, i do odds and ends as a citizen of the empire, the rich get richer and the poor get pooer but w/e', it's not exactly riveting stuff. but maybe i'm just incapable of perceiving the perfect all-encompassing glory of Michael Kirkbride's Magnum Opus The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? :shrug:

your a loving retard

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

unique voiced dialog in a computer rpg game is dumb poo poo for idiot bitch babby retards, hth

Geoff Zahn posted:

welp, this and aethernautic might make me reinstall skyrim after i finish tribunal :negative:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

your a loving retard

grate deceiver posted:

unique voiced dialog in a computer rpg game is dumb poo poo for idiot bitch babby retards, hth

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

That's not procedural either

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I don't see why Bethesda cannot shell out the cash for a better engine, more programmers, and so on. I mean, they can cut some of the marketing budget, right? They can just say "Hey new Elder Scrolls!" and it would sell tons. gently caress they could've bought CryTek in its entirety with the money they invested in the Elder Scrolls Online.

• Locked thread