Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The whole "THEY GET TO SAY IT TOOOOOO" crybaby bullshit is the worst. One of the defense mechanisms of being an oppressed minority is embracing and turning hurtful language back on itself, there's nearly no other group of put-upon's in America who have this standard applied to them. And on top of that there IS a semi-coordinated effort to get black people to stop saying it, again something no other put-upon group has to deal with. White people being aggrieved over the use of the word friend of the family by ANYONE is 100% the product of an idiotic mindset that thinks it's not fair that an oppressed minority is gaining in equality and they should be giving concessions to the poor little oppressor who can't treat them like human garbage and get away with it anymore.

Anyways it's a moot point because this poo poo is over. Black people so successfully took that word back that suburban white kids across the nation reflexively will call other suburban white kids "nigga" in heated moments. It's in your blood America, in a generation or two it'll be like calling someone dude and no one will care at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Zwabu posted:

And why would BLAUGH PEOPLE riot when he was convicted instead of not charged or acquitted like most of the other instances that have been discussed?

I think he's saying "Blaugh people riot when bad things happen to one of theirs, now that one of ours was punished we can look smug when nobody riots" :911::hf::smug:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If anything black people shouldn't be made to stop actually saying it, just stopped from making it look so cool and fun so the drat thing can cool off and become antiquated. But they always make stuff look cool and fun so I don't know what to do really.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I listened to my local Limbaugh (Kevil Wall) all yelling about why he can't say the N-word and all that and a caller called in and they had to blank out a swear. Weird how "poo poo" and "gently caress" never get hours of air time to debate why we can't say those certain words.
Also the irony in Wall asking callers not to swear while they repeadly ask why they can't say the N-word: because you were asked not to dipshit, people asked you not to use a certain word and, instead of saying "ok" and going on with your life, you decided you NEED to use that word so badly your teeth are itching. Be a grown up for gently caress's sake.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Doesn't Freep itself have rules on swearing (to keep it "family friendly")? Or at least several users that self-censor? I wonder if there's any complaining about not being able to say "poo poo" and "gently caress" if they hate not being able to say friend of the family. Of course not

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Neo_Crimson posted:

Doesn't Freep itself have rules on swearing (to keep it "family friendly")? Or at least several users that self-censor? I wonder if there's any complaining about not being able to say "poo poo" and "gently caress" if they hate not being able to say friend of the family. Of course not

They can't use that one because then they'd be racist you see.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neo_Crimson posted:

quote:

This is Nazism. Pure and simple. There is no other way to explain what these bass turds are trying to do.
25 posted on 10/1/2014 9:43:59 AM by FlingWingFlyer (Stop flooding our schools with unaccompanied illegal aliens. Do it for the children!)
Problem is you honestly can't tell if they're trying to be "family friendly" or just their naturally childish selves.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Michael Dunn got convicted today, any freep tears yet?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Axetrain posted:

We have a few of the early exit polls around here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599372&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=321#post435666642

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Rokstar posted:

You know, I'm fairly certain I have Cherokee ancestors at some point in my family tree too, and I think the name Redskins is offensive as hell.

I also like the "but black people can say the N word!!" argument, because last time I checked you absolutely cannot use that word on broadcast television regardless of your race unless you want huge fines.

edit for full disclosure: The fact that I have Cherokee ancestry is something I was told as a kid by my grandparents and may or may not be utter horseshit.
This is actually usually a cover story for black ancestry in the family tree.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

This is actually usually a cover story for black ancestry in the family tree.

Considering my grandfather was the stereotypical Rush listener and my grandmother wasn't quite as bad but was still pretty die-hard conservative, this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Axetrain posted:

I didn't really go anywhere.

Some goodies though:

In reference to someone asking 'what kind of music?'

quote:

To: Oliviaforever
If I had to guess:

Boom Boom Boom Boom
"Mudda F*cka Mudda F*cka Mudda F*cka"
Boom Boom Boom Boom

Repeat endlesly

14 posted on 10/1/2014 5:21:13 PM by doorgunner69

quote:

To: Conscience of a Conservative
Good, glad to see a liberal murderer get what he deserves.

24 posted on 10/1/2014 6:45:01 PM by Objective Scrutator (All liberals are criminals, and all criminals are liberals)

quote:

To: doorgunner69
did they then turn the music down?

26 posted on 10/1/2014 7:26:18 PM by morphing libertarian

I'd take time to dig up some of the older threads on Dunn to see how they opinions have changed , but :effort:

e: Ehh gently caress it. Here's from when he first was convicted of attempted murder on the 4 other people in the car:

quote:

To: Mercat
I vote for acquittal. Sick of boom boxers forcing their evil crap on everyone around them.

3 posted on 2/15/2014 6:29:07 PM by Nuc 1.1 (Nuc 1 Liberals aren't Patriots. Remember 1789!)

quote:

To: libstripper
The problem is the firearm.
I would have used a bat, stick or boot, then followed up with the firearm.

4 posted on 2/15/2014 6:31:20 PM by elkfersupper

He lives in actually Freepland.

quote:

I feel that there should be a “douchebag test” for anyone who wants to carry. That would cover this guy.

And then the Zimmerman types who need to play Manly Man need a “twitch” test.

Not taking Treyvon’s side. Read on.

Where I come from, “twitches” like Zimmerman abound: middle-aged white men, insecure, television-saturated and possessing failing personal lives. They’re unstable and dangerous.

When they meet up with a criminal up-and-comer like Treyvon...that’s what happens.

I could tell you some stories.

6 posted on 2/15/2014 6:32:26 PM by warchild9

quote:

Tactically, this is fascinating.

To start with, practically he was facing *seven* charges, as for the first count, the jury could have reached a verdict for Murder 1, Murder 2 *or* Manslaughter.

Ordinarily I would suspect a “jury nullification” vote, but something is odd. On the other charges, the *attempted* murder charges of the other passengers, he could face 20 years on each charge.

And the jurors all agreed on those counts (likely not guilty). However, if just one juror had been nullifying the first count, the pro-conviction jurors could have “counter-nullified” the other charges, forcing them into a retrial as well.

They likely would have done so, if they were in a bad mood.

This makes me suspect that *most* of the jurors wanted to acquit on count 1, but just one or two demanded conviction.

7 posted on 2/15/2014 6:34:51 PM by yefragetuwrabrumuy (WoT News: Rantburg.com)

:ironicat:

quote:

To: Dalberg-Acton
FR has lots of gun grabbers as well as assorted other left wing types. It has defiantly changed over the years.

19 posted on 2/15/2014 6:52:45 PM by WHBates

quote:

To: elkfersupper
Yeah, I fantasize at times about the baseball bat approach.

On one hand the moron who shot them deserves a murder verdict. OTOH, I don’t really give a tinker’s drat about the victims either. You make it your goal to go around and piss off as many people as you can, you deserve what ensues. Too bad, so sad, just a little impromptu cleansing of the gene pool.

You have a right to make stupid decisions. You also have the right to suffer the consequences of those stupid decisions.

24 posted on 2/15/2014 6:59:14 PM by ChildOfThe60s ((If you can remember the 60s.....you weren't really there)

quote:

To: Gay State Conservative
You’re gonna take on FOUR urban yuts at night? Say you give them a “dirty” look. You leave and they follow you to your hotel. They don’t get out, but they know the car you drive and where you’re staying.

What do you do then?

28 posted on 2/15/2014 7:17:06 PM by ealgeone (obama, border)

quote:

if you think urban yuts weren’t feeling immunity in playing the “knockout game”, just wait....this case will further encourage them to “step it up”.

there will be a sense of immunity going forward. I can crank my kanye up as loud as I want and nobody can do nothing to me!

the inner cities are literally becoming warzones.

47 posted on 2/15/2014 7:33:19 PM by ealgeone (obama, border)

...that goes on for about 3 pages with a few people saying 'uh guys I think he should have been found guilty'

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 2, 2014

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ebola's the gift that keeps on giving

quote:

A man who flew from Liberia to Dallas has become the first Ebola case to be diagnosed within the U.S., the CDC reported Tuesday, and he is currently in isolation at Dallas's Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

Americans have been warned not to travel to Liberia, Guinea, or Sierra Leone, but they obviously can—and do.

So how are countries keeping suspected Ebola patients (well, most of them, anyway) contained within their borders?

Thermometers, mostly.

People are screened for elevated temperatures before they're allowed to board planes departing from the countries where Ebola is raging. Fever is one of the earliest symptoms of Ebola, but people can be infected for between two and 21 days without showing signs of illness.

The Washington Post's Todd Frankel described having an infrared thermometer gun pointed at his head in the Freetown, Sierra Leone airport, along with hundreds of other passengers. In some countries, individuals whose temperatures seem high later undergo a blood test for the virus.

But these temperature checks aren't always effective. In the Dallas case, the man left Liberia on September 19, had his temperature checked at the airport, and arrived in America on September 20. He only developed symptoms on the 24th, however, and he was isolated four days later. Patients are only contagious when they're symptomatic, so there's no risk the people on the flight with the man caught Ebola. There is, however, a four-day window in which he might have infected others in the U.S.

In July, an Ebola-infected man flew from Liberia to Nigeria, even though airport screenings were already in place, and he infected healthcare workers in Lagos. And of course, fevers are usually caused by flu and other illnesses that aren't Ebola.

quote:

We are busy harassing American traveler blaming them for the shoe bomber but stop these foreign disease bearing walking dead== RACIST!!

2 posted on 10/1/2014, 8:48:25 PM by iowacornman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Why not, you can be an incompetent, America hating muslim and be president.

4 posted on 10/1/2014, 8:52:25 PM by Mastador1 (I'll take a bad dog over a good politician any day!)

quote:

You can also have Ebola and walk across our southern “border” at will. Who said “national security”??

10 posted on 10/1/2014, 9:04:51 PM by EagleUSA (eraer)

quote:

Obunga is desperate for some kind of a crisis which will give him grounds for cancelling the November 2014 election. He MUST prevent having to spend his final 2 years with a Republican Senate and a veto-proof Republican House. And God only knows, some Republican who actually “has a pair” could come out of the woodwork and start really investigating all the scandals the rats have been frantically trying to keep covered up.

11 posted on 10/1/2014, 9:05:51 PM by Tucker39 (Welcome to America! Now speak English; and keep to the right....In driving, in Faith, and politics.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

quote:

Obunga is desperate for some kind of a crisis which will give him grounds for cancelling the November 2014 election. He MUST prevent having to spend his final 2 years with a Republican Senate and a veto-proof Republican House. And God only knows, some Republican who actually “has a pair” could come out of the woodwork and start really investigating all the scandals the rats have been frantically trying to keep covered up.

11 posted on 10/1/2014, 9:05:51 PM by Tucker39 (Welcome to America! Now speak English; and keep to the right....In driving, in Faith, and politics.)

Everything about this post including the tagline is bad.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

quote:

To: Conscience of a Conservative
Good, glad to see a liberal murderer get what he deserves.

24 posted on 10/1/2014 6:45:01 PM by Objective Scrutator (All liberals are criminals, and all criminals are liberals)

Ahahaha nice try freep. What makes this guy a liberal now? The fact that he was convicted of murder? Yeah.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Remember, not everything is "noise".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSPo-nvtaKA

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Ahahaha nice try freep. What makes this guy a liberal now? The fact that he was convicted of murder? Yeah.

Duh. All liberals are criminals and all criminals are liberals. :fsmug:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
== RACIST!!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Yeah, I fantasize at times about the baseball bat approach.

:stare:

This is worse to me than Laz's "gassing children" comment if only because Laz at least said he knew it would get him sent to Hell and he didn't claim to fantasize about it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The Rokstar posted:

You know, I'm fairly certain I have Cherokee ancestors at some point in my family tree too, and I think the name Redskins is offensive as hell.

I also like the "but black people can say the N word!!" argument, because last time I checked you absolutely cannot use that word on broadcast television regardless of your race unless you want huge fines.

edit for full disclosure: The fact that I have Cherokee ancestry is something I was told as a kid by my grandparents and may or may not be utter horseshit.

With the way family trees cross and grow exponentially, I wouldn't be surprised if nearly everyone whose family has been in the U.S. long enough has some Native ancestors. Like how they say everyone in Europe is descended from Charlemagne.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Patient in isolation at Queen’s Medical Center, officials say Ebola a possibility (Hawaii)

quote:

To: Citizen Zed
With Obama, everything that he does, there is a reason behind it. All of this is orchestrated, from Ebola, to the illegal alien children coming here and spreading their crappy diseases and killing American children

4 posted on 10/1/2014 10:40:21 PM by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda
How high do you think the death toll of this government run death operation will reach since it is being planned and controlled by the White House?

5 posted on 10/1/2014 10:42:36 PM by ansel12
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ansel12
Check the Agenda 21 acceptable population numbers. There ya go.

8 posted on 10/1/2014 10:56:52 PM by Norm Lenhart
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ansel12
Not sure, seems he is targeting specific areas(This story about Hawaii may be a false alarm) but targeting Texas, yeah I figured something like this would happen..and I hear that 50,000 more illegal vermin children will be here by December, goodie goodie gumdrops, more diseases

9 posted on 10/1/2014 10:59:36 PM by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: kaehurowing
Expect it to spread from Hawaii to
the rest of the Unites States, like
Barack Ebola himself.

6 posted on 10/1/2014 10:43:06 PM by WKTimpco

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Welp.

Freepers: Expect it to spread from Hawaii to the rest of the Unites States, like Barack Ebola himself.

Twelve by Pies posted:

:stare:

This is worse to me than Laz's "gassing children" comment if only because Laz at least said he knew it would get him sent to Hell and he didn't claim to fantasize about it.

Most of these old coots are completely harmless. Most people will, at one point or another in life, have fantasized about doing violence to other. It's a testament to their lovely community that they tell one another, but still I wouldn't be too worried.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zwabu posted:

Obviously if he was a Real We The People constitutional conservative American, he would have killed every one of those knockout gaming feral urban "Amish" holderite yutes and not just one.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tias posted:

Welp.

Freepers: Expect it to spread from Hawaii to the rest of the Unites States, like Barack Ebola himself.

Most of these old coots are completely harmless. Most people will, at one point or another in life, have fantasized about doing violence to other. It's a testament to their lovely community that they tell one another, but still I wouldn't be too worried.

Freepers: Yeah, I fantasize at times about the baseball bat approach

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Tias posted:

Welp.

So, they admit he was born in Hawaii?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Jurgan posted:

So, they admit he was born in Hawaii?

Only as much as they admit ebola was born in Hawaii.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. Like with Ebola, Hawaii is just the vector through which Obama was able to infect our country from Africa. -Freep

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 2, 2014

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Elephant Ambush posted:

Freepers: Yeah, I fantasize at times about the baseball bat approach

Baseball bats solve lots of problems. Loud music, pregnant daughters, hanging breaking balls, intruders... The possibilities are endless!

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

Baseball bats solve lots of problems. Loud music, pregnant daughters, hanging breaking balls, intruders... The possibilities are endless!

And when you're through having fun, you can cool off with a nice game of baseball!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Christ Obama, why did you wait for so long to spring your master plan?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A bit late, but here's a cross-post from the pictures thread.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Tias posted:

Barack Ebola himself.

quote:

To: WKTimpco
Barack Ebola
I propose that he be referred to this henceforth as he is just like the virus. Everything he touches he destroys in some manner.

You should post this name under a separate heading. It could go viral.

42 posted on 10/2/2014 5:46:50 AM by ealgeone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: doc maverick
Some have suspected this is a plot by Soros and Obamacare linked companies dealing in vaccines. I dont put anything past that diabolical kapo SOB or his sock puppet in the White House.

I have never seen anything like this. The country is falling to pieces and nobody is doing anything! ISIS would have no trouble getting across our border with chlorine bombs, hell they could get to the Green Room of the White House without being stopped!

The Obola dirtbag and all his affirmative action employees belong in jail! Their crimes are endless, abusing the IRS, inciting race hate in Ferguson, abandoning our sacrificed blood and treasure in Iraq to Islamo-fascists, persecuting Christian businesses, murdering babies by the thousand, Benghazi, and now look at what they are doing! Unrestricted access to this country and our school system for diseased third worlders! The Ebola victim came here DELIBERATELY. He knew he had the virus, and he came here to get the medical care that they dont have in the rathole he swam out of!

In doing so, he infected the masses, now the disease might be in Hawaii!

The blood of the child dead from the respiratory illness is on Obama’s drat hands! and on the hands of every hack at DHS!

I can’t watch this anymore drat it! Hussein crawled out of Chicago, wiped his smelly obama with the Constitution, and then destroyed America. How much can anyone take?

15 posted on 10/1/2014 11:49:06 PM by Viennacon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Viennacon
I have been wondering if the respiratory illness that is affecting kids has anything to do with immunizations/vaccines?

21 posted on 10/2/2014 12:54:41 AM by hsmomx3
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

I will put money down on the cdc taking orders from the Obama admin, just like the irs. That bastard is orchestrating all of this for his legacy. Every day it’s something new. What will this country be like in two years?

32 posted on 10/2/2014 3:48:15 AM by fivecatsandadog (IMPEACH THE TRAITOR --- IMPEACH THE TRAITOR --- IMPEACH THE TRAITOR)
Because every President wants his legacy to be a populace experiencing a lethal virus :rolleyes:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

quote:

To: WKTimpco
Barack Ebola
I propose that he be referred to this henceforth as he is just like the virus. Everything he touches he destroys in some manner.

You should post this name under a separate heading. It could go viral.

42 posted on 10/2/2014 5:46:50 AM by ealgeone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]
This is actually clever/funny. Unless it's totally unintentional. Then it's still funny.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

raaaaaaaaaaage posted:

Some have suspected this is a plot by Soros and Obamacare linked companies dealing in vaccines. I dont put anything past that diabolical kapo SOB or his sock puppet in the White House.

I have never seen anything like this. The country is falling to pieces and nobody is doing anything! ISIS would have no trouble getting across our border with chlorine bombs, hell they could get to the Green Room of the White House without being stopped!

The Obola dirtbag and all his affirmative action employees belong in jail! Their crimes are endless, abusing the IRS, inciting race hate in Ferguson, abandoning our sacrificed blood and treasure in Iraq to Islamo-fascists , persecuting Christian businesses, murdering babies by the thousand, Benghazi, and now look at what they are doing! Unrestricted access to this country and our school system for diseased third worlders! The Ebola victim came here DELIBERATELY. He knew he had the virus, and he came here to get the medical care that they dont have in the rathole he swam out of!

In doing so, he infected the masses, now the disease might be in Hawaii!

The blood of the child dead from the respiratory illness is on Obama’s drat hands! and on the hands of every hack at DHS!

I can’t watch this anymore drat it! Hussein crawled out of Chicago, wiped his smelly obama with the Constitution, and then destroyed America. How much can anyone take?

15 posted on 10/1/2014 11:49:06 PM by Viennacon

That's a new one to me.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Iraq was supposed to pay for itself remember? All that oil

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

I dont put anything past that diabolical kapo SOB or his sock puppet in the White House.

Yeeeeeeesh.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

CitizenKain posted:

That's a new one to me.

Yeah, especially from the crowd who so desperately wanted the narrative on Iraq changed to "we had to get rid of that dictator!" Well you did and then this happened. And it's bad. So obviously Obama's fault.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I've never heard that word. Is it an old-timey slur or something?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Suitaru posted:

I've never heard that word. Is it an old-timey slur or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_%28concentration_camp%29 Probably refers to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Soros was born in 1930, he was 15 when the war ended.

• Locked thread