Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

romanowski posted:

actually it was backwards english phrases chopped up and played randomly. please don't make this mistake again
I'm sorry, I got it confused with the ancient language from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3qY0GpJB0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Seven Tier 3 weapons left to unlock. :negative:

Lana's Summoning Gate, Ruto, Ghirahim, Zant, Darunia, Impa and Midna.

Then I'm free! Free! Except for the remaining A-Rank rewards! And A-Ranking every stage.

But basically free!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Has anyone got Deku Tree's hard mode skulltela in legends/freeplay?

I used the fire rod and nothing popped up... until I killed Ghoma which ended the message, like as [VICTORY] came on screen the web appeared on the map. Played through it again and killing Ghoma and it didn't even show up that time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This game is great but the controls for the second player are ridiculous. Who the hell thought that waggle controls were a good idea?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Broseph Brostar posted:

This game is great but the controls for the second player are ridiculous. Who the hell thought that waggle controls were a good idea?

You can use the pro controller.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

greatn posted:

You can use the pro controller.

But they're £40. It's total bollocks that it won't let you use the classic controller.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I used the fire rod and nothing popped up... until I killed Ghoma which ended the message, like as [VICTORY] came on screen the web appeared on the map. Played through it again and killing Ghoma and it didn't even show up that time.

Get him down to half HP, then break off and wait for the skulltula to spawn. It usually takes a few seconds.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

From the third stage? Right after Ghoma spawned, I did a huge amount of damage (50-70%) to it so it didn't even go to the Deku Tree and the Skulleta spawned then. I think you just need to be careful not to kill Ghoma as you're damaging it if you're too powerful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alright will try it for a third time, hope it works!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah we went and bought one specifically for this game, but we're stuck waiting for a micro USB cord to ship since we could only find a used one.

Its silly because you can remap the controls, but you can't change the weak attack.

Lurkcopter
Aug 6, 2013
I've been playing around a bit with Impa and her naginata and found out that if you put use her standard strong attack to put a fire wall on top of a stunned boss before you start beating on them, you can pretty much break their weak point gauge in a single go. It's made the maps that are just a bunch of giant bosses a lot more bearable for me.

Also, if anyone's looking for more network Links, my NNID is Lurkcopter.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I find it so hard getting an A rank on any of the larger maps. There's just too much stuff to focus on at once - not being damaged, doing it quickly, killing enough enemies, defending the base.
I don't know WHAT I can do with the Ganon levels at the top right of the adventure map, it's so extremely hard.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
I haven't had a lot of time to play. I've still got 3 characters to unlock. The only new weapon I've got so far in Adventure mode is Impa's naginata. I haven't completed any of the gold skulltula images. Having a ton of fun with what little time I have to play, though.

Want a low-level Link on your map? Add NNID Zertoss.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Do you get penalized for killing too many enemies, or do you have different KO requirements for different weapons? On one map I got an A for killing over 500 enemies with Impa using the Giant Sword, then on the same map using Impa again with a Naginata I got a B for killing over 600.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Viridiant posted:

Do you get penalized for killing too many enemies, or do you have different KO requirements for different weapons? On one map I got an A for killing over 500 enemies with Impa using the Giant Sword, then on the same map using Impa again with a Naginata I got a B for killing over 600.

This is what confuses me, I think there might be some sort of formula based on how long you've taken and how many enemies you've killed?

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
Killing about 1,200 enemies will get you an A rank on most adventure maps. Challenge maps have different requirements. Your rank always increases the more enemies you kill - you won't be punished for killing too many, unless of course that causes you to go over fifteen minutes (which is the cut off point for A ranking on time).

Basically, in adventure maps, your final rank is based on your ranks in KOs, time and damage taken. Each of the three categories is separate and has no relation to the others. You can only get an A for the map if you get A ranks in all three categories.

Yuki Akuma fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 3, 2014

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Yuki Akuma posted:

Killing about 1,200 enemies will get you an A rank on most adventure maps. Challenge maps have different requirements. Your rank always increases the more enemies you kill - you won't be punished for killing too many, unless of course that causes you to go over fifteen minutes (which is the cut off point for A ranking on time).

Basically, in adventure maps, your final rank is based on your ranks in KOs, time and damage taken. Each of the three categories is separate and has no relation to the others. You can only get an A for the map if you get A ranks in all three categories.

I've definitely had a B for 12 minutes.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Anybody sure how the damage number equate to the hearts? Any word on how much damage is the amount to stay under for most of the maps?

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

Taear posted:

I've definitely had a B for 12 minutes.

In an adventure map? I'm fairly sure every adventure map has the exact same requirements for an A.

Challenge maps all seem to be different - I've gotten Bs on time on the "kill x00 enemies in ten minutes" maps, for instance.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Yuki Akuma posted:

In an adventure map? I'm fairly sure every adventure map has the exact same requirements for an A.

Challenge maps all seem to be different - I've gotten Bs on time on the "kill x00 enemies in ten minutes" maps, for instance.
No some of the ones like the quiz rooms or defeat all enemies are shorter. I'm not sure how short those are. Maybe 10?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Yuki Akuma posted:

There's only one challenge map isn't there? I only have one anyway.
Yea it's the adventure maps. It's one of those situations for me now where all I have is places that need As but either I take too long, I kill too few enemies or even take a little too much damage and end up just wasting 10 minutes. I'd gladly throw these places onto easy if that was an option.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Can we sentence to death whoever decided to factor in damage taken into a ranks? The chain chomp mission is a crime against humanity.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

Can we sentence to death whoever decided to factor in damage taken into a ranks? The chain chomp mission is a crime against humanity.

its worse with the "all attacks are devistating!" ones. A mook bumped into you? 9999 damage, C rank.

It's worth A ranking everything though, if only for that treasure chest animation. Everyone's reactions are great (gannon has the most intense stare reaching in, and the most smug look holding up the item) and there is just something oddly satisfying about the way that chest just pops open with that click.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 3, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zaggitz posted:

It be cool if it used like a heart criteria instead of this numbered poo poo.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Man, that mission to get Daruna's level 2 hammer was a pain in the rear end, if only because no matter which army I went after, the other would come and take my keep super fast. I had to plan out exactly what to do to the letter in that one.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

bobjr posted:

Man, that mission to get Daruna's level 2 hammer was a pain in the rear end, if only because no matter which army I went after, the other would come and take my keep super fast. I had to plan out exactly what to do to the letter in that one.

i have to play that again to make sure, but i swear that the enemies would deliberately rush your base the moment you go to take out a commander. I had one gibdo that would always take the bottom-right fort and then start atttackng the base while i was gone. Eventually one run I just waited around the allied base protecting it, and the red army's commander attacked the base directly saving me the journey, and that gibdo never even went after that fort.

edit: yup, moment I stepped in enemy's base to fight the commander, the other army got a morale boost and just booked it to the base.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 3, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

What's the deal with heart piece/containers in legend? How do you get them, I mean.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Zaggitz posted:

Dont take damage

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Cake Attack posted:

What's the deal with heart piece/containers in legend? How do you get them, I mean.

They're from capturing keeps that are out of the way/not necessary for completing the mission, and from hidden chests inside boulders or behind vine tentacle walls and in lil hookshot nooks and crannies and places like that.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Tengames posted:

its worse with the "all attacks are devistating!" ones. A mook bumped into you? 9999 damage, C rank.

Those are fine because it's not too difficult to avoid being hit when all the enemies die in a single blow. There's a few that are a bit harder - the Fiery Aelfos one comes to mind because they swoop at you and can hit you without you noticing.
Still at least when you play them if you do die you've wasted at most 2 or 3 minutes. Not 10. Seriously sometimes it's just impossible to avoid damage and it makes collecting heart containers utterly pointless. Why do I care if I have 10 hearts or 300 if I lose the game when I take 3 hearts of damage regardless?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

They're from capturing keeps that are out of the way/not necessary for completing the mission, and from hidden chests inside boulders or behind vine tentacle walls and in lil hookshot nooks and crannies and places like that.

ah okay. I suppose there's no way to know if you need to capture a keep vs. explore the map?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've added quite a few people for Network Links. NNID: Bruceski if anyone else wants to add me.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

I've always found heart pieces in keeps, and full containers in hidden chests.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

So there's something that's been bugging me a little bit: where's our butt rock version of the Gerudo Valley theme?

I mean, we got a butt rock version of the OoT House music <:mad:>

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I have no problem avoiding enough damage to get an A, most of the time. The only exceptions are the Kill x Enemies missions where they like to spawn like 30 Manhandlas that will use Bullet Seed on you if you so much as get them on screen. Bullet Seed is super effective on Zelda characters apparently.

I also have issues with the Gold Skultullas where you have to complete the first mission and take less than 4 hearts of damage.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've done the OoT, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword missions and that square one up and one right of Agitha is still locked.

This is bullshit. It's lit up and everything! Why can't I do it?! I just want my bug princess already. :argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I've done the OoT, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword missions and that square one up and one right of Agitha is still locked.

This is bullshit. It's lit up and everything! Why can't I do it?! I just want my bug princess already. :argh:

Beat the second legend mode map of Valley of Seers to unlock it. I just got it myself. I think you've got three more levels to go.

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Earlier someone posted that you can't play certain maps in adventure mode until you've beaten them in legends mode, I think.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Just play through legend mode before going into adventure mode. adventure mode is kind of tuned so that you need higher level characters to get through some of the missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Just play through legend mode before going into adventure mode. adventure mode is kind of tuned so that you need higher level characters to get through some of the missions.

This right here. Stop trying to do adventure mode before finishing Legend Mode, people.

• Locked thread