Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

This is Karl Etherington, Bobby Lashley's next opponent.

Karl's 9-0, that's good

Karl's opponents are a combined 11-37, that's bad

None of Karl's opponents have a winning record. That's our Bellator! :ortiz:

Emmanuel Newton will also be defending his title on the card against Linton Vassell, who is a person who apparently exists who beat three guys who are a combined 0-5 in Bellator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

LobsterMobster posted:

This is Karl Etherington, Bobby Lashley's next opponent.

Karl's 9-0, that's good

Karl's opponents are a combined 11-37, that's bad

None of Karl's opponents have a winning record. That's our Bellator! :ortiz:

Building to the potential rematch of the century?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

willie_dee posted:

Building to the potential rematch of the century?!

No one wants to see JT fight a turd again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fentry posted:

Emmanuel Newton will also be defending his title on the card against Linton Vassell, who is a person who apparently exists who beat three guys who are a combined 0-5 in Bellator

Still more convincing than Chris Cariaso.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
In case people had forgotten, Friday is that eight-man one-night welterweight title. In preparation, mmafighting put together a piece with a bunch of people who were in old-school tourneys discussing the experience. Check it out -

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/1/6876587/how-to-win-or-lose-a-one-night-mma-tournament-pride-fc-ufc-battlegrounds

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

In case people had forgotten, Friday is that eight-man one-night welterweight title. In preparation, mmafighting put together a piece with a bunch of people who were in old-school tourneys discussing the experience. Check it out -

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/1/6876587/how-to-win-or-lose-a-one-night-mma-tournament-pride-fc-ufc-battlegrounds

Let's go Cody McKenzie

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Coleman posted:

I can't speak for anybody else, but I remember after my first fight with Moti Horenstein, I remember coming back and it was one of the coolest things that I had ever done in my life. I just went in and I got an opportunity to beat somebody up without the police coming, and I got my arm raised, and people were applauding for something that normally would get me into a lot of trouble. For me, there was no emotional letdown. It was the complete opposite. I felt like a million bucks.

hahahaha coleman owns

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hahahaha coleman owns

Coleman posted:

Headbutting people kinda helped me a lot, too, so I was fortunate enough that I was in the headbutt era. You've gotta be remembered for some things, and that was one of them.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Wild horses could not drag me away from Friday's tournament. Part of me wants to see it live but I'm not sure I can give up Chael on commentary.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Lid posted:

Still more convincing than Chris Cariaso.

Linton Vassel is British, trains with Danny Batten, and is a physical beast. Also decent grappling and wrestling for a Brit.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Shaunalshatti posted:

Cody McKenzie made weight for Battlegrounds' tourney. He also gave up a pint of blood in the process. Never heard that one before.

loving lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

loving lmao

I'd always suspected some guys were probably doing autologous infusions to make weight, but that has to be a joke, or he's gained 25lbs of beer

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'd always suspected some guys were probably doing autologous infusions to make weight, but that has to be a joke, or he's gained 25lbs of beer

I'm picturing Cody showing up at a clinic after weighins with a pint's worth of blood in ziploc bags. "Can you put this back for me, please? Most of it's mine."

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

I'm picturing Cody showing up at a clinic after weighins with a pint's worth of blood in ziploc bags. "Can you put this back for me, please? Most of it's mine."

Also have you found my shorts

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
haha he's fighting Brock Larson, what a wonderful tournament

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

loving lmao

Blood doping with a 10 hour turnaround is super effective.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Holy gently caress, I thought Cody was going to be the undersized guy. I didn't know he moved up 3 weight classes. Thought maybe he'd do some no-cut/low-cut slumdog lightweight fights for rent money or something but Jesus. He's the anti Kenny Florian.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Cody travels to fights the same way every time - drifting in the ocean until he washes ashore close enough to hop in a boxcar and ride the rails to the venue. Leaves very little time for roadwork and weight cutting, so sometimes extreme measures have to be taken.

(He really wants to get booked to fight in the City of New Orleans one of these days)

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
speaking of cody mckenzie

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
would

edit: wood

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I know he already made weight, but I wish Cody came in at like 167

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He coulda shaved his head.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's like one of those meth deterrent time lapse mugshots.

You can see the drive leave his eyes. It's chilling.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

niethan posted:

speaking of cody mckenzie

Gonna laugh so hard if he beats Brock Larson

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Gonna laugh so hard if he beats Brock Larson

He's going to win the whole loving tournament

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bill Bailey embarks upon an mma career

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I was thinking more the lead singer of Korn

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Former ROH Champion Adam Cole.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Nah that is Angus Macfadyen.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Set him neck-deep in arms and strangle him. There let him tap and rave, and cry for air. If anyone relieves or pities him for the offence, he dies! This is our doom.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's all about perspective. Sure for a regular person he's looking pretty dodgy, but for an Alaskan crab fisherman he's looking downright suave.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's all about perspective. Sure for a regular person he's looking pretty dodgy, but for an Alaskan crab fisherman he's looking downright suave.

Also not bad for a known associate of a meth-addict felon with mild ties to a white supremacist clothing company.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

LobsterMobster posted:

Also not bad for a known associate of a meth-addict felon with mild ties to a white supremacist clothing company.

I didn't know Yuriy did meth...

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

individual865 posted:

I didn't know Yuriy did meth...

i am none of those things

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Speaking of Cody, I would like to say that if anyone ever sees something funny and says "this is the funniest thing ever in mma" they are wrong, and if I ever say that please correct me, because the funniest thing to ever happen in mma was when Cody fought in the UFC in a pair of Nike gym shorts he had just purchased at Walmart accros the street, and then Herb Dean had to pull the tag off during the first round.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dangersim posted:

Speaking of Cody, I would like to say that if anyone ever sees something funny and says "this is the funniest thing ever in mma" they are wrong, and if I ever say that please correct me, because the funniest thing to ever happen in mma was when Cody fought in the UFC in a pair of Nike gym shorts he had just purchased at Walmart accros the street, and then Herb Dean had to pull the tag off during the first round.

The time he comprehensively outstruck Leonard Garcia is somewhere in the top 10 moments.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Is there a bracket + start time for this Battlegrounds tournament?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The time he comprehensively outstruck Leonard Garcia is somewhere in the top 10 moments.

Getting that dude on TUF with a McKenzie-tine twice in a row was probably his greatest achievement.

Also, guess who's back?

quote:

War Machine @WarMachine170

“It is terrible to die of thirst in the ocean. Must you salt your truth so heavily that it no longer even-quenches thirst?” – Nietzsche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I guess he doesn't have to worry about his sentence being extended for tweeting from prison this time