Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Daily Polleana.

The Duke hover petting the rock-solid hairdo was the best part of the cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've made my sleep schedule even worse than usual so here's another bonus video. During the LP it took 6 minutes to beat the Egg Genesis with Silver, let's do that much quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW504vDeMuw

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Europe, the Egg Genesis is called the Egga Drive.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Soop posted:

I like how Elise's whole thing is based upon her never crying. That sure was a great plan concocted by her father, as I'm sure most children never cry over the the death of a parent or finding out that they have a world destroying demon in them. :v:

darealkooky posted:

Elise, become a strong queen that never cooks with onions, no matter what happens.

Guys I'm starting to think the plot to Sonic 06 isn't very good. :ohdear:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Shoeless posted:

Guys I'm starting to think the plot to Sonic 06 isn't very good. :ohdear:

Oh stop that. Tender teenage girls never cry. The plan was almost infallible.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

WaltherFeng posted:

Oh stop that. Tender teenage girls never cry. The plan was almost infallible.

Especially ones under the stressful position of being a ruler of an entire country or whatever the hell it is.

A rule of no crying is right though. :colbert: This whole game is basically a vehicle for the messages from Machiavelli's lesser known work, 'The Princess (Of Soreana)'.

Mr. Soop fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 1, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Soop posted:

Especially ones under the stressful position of being a ruler of an entire country or whatever the hell it is.

A rule of no crying is right though. :colbert: This whole game is basically a vehicle for the messages from Machiavelli's lesser known work, 'The Princess (Of Soreana)'.

Austria-Hungary had the Pragmatic Sanction, to approve a female soverign the misogynists of Soleanna demanded a "no crying" rule.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The most unbelievable thing of all this is that the woman who has gone 10 years as a child and teenager without crying even once was on the verge of bursting into tears because an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog said he was gonna leave.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Regy Rusty posted:

The most unbelievable thing of all this is that the woman who has gone 10 years as a child and teenager without crying even once was on the verge of bursting into tears because an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog said he was gonna leave.

Realizing she cared at all what a bright blue fever-dream hallucination of a monster was going to do with its imaginary life broke her, and she wept for her lost sanity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I recorded more Shadow last night and at one point I wanted to switch to live commentary so I could curse and swear about how much I hate the bike section of Radical Train. I have a feeling Simon has some thoughts about that loving bike section too. gently caress. (I didn't actually do live commentary so never fear Hulkafans.)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Thanks for the LP about this awful loving game.

More Nixon in sonic video games would be good.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I believe the, double tap the accelerate button to boost, on the bike is actually buggy on the PS3 version. It controls alot better on the 360 for whatever silly reason.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Paused posted:

I believe the, double tap the accelerate button to boost, on the bike is actually buggy on the PS3 version. It controls alot better on the 360 for whatever silly reason.

Because this is Sonic 2006, and as we've established, absolutely nothing in this game functions as intended.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

SWMadness posted:

Because this is Sonic 2006, and as we've established, absolutely nothing in this game functions as intended.

Fixed that for you.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Ventnor posted:

SWMadness posted:

Because this is Sonic 2006, and as we've established, absolutely nothing in this game functions, as intended.

Fixed that for you.

ftfy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Paused posted:

Well gently caress. Thanks game.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's time for more sidequests! Really important ones involving needy ghosts, robots and the return of Sonic Man! Lots of dancing too. Always dancing.

Part 27 (Sonic Man Returns): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIRc1Pn-iRA

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Does Sonic Man show up in Shadow's story too?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Soleanna's mounting mental health crisis.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Does Sonic Man show up in Shadow's story too?

Sadly Shadow doesn't get a Sonic Man sidequest. It would've been great if Sonic Man was sure Shadow was Sonic and you had to lose to him to convince him you're not.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Shadow should get a Shadow Man cameo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I kind of cheesed into Radical Train with Silver, but you can get into that level in a more ridiculous way, by glitching into the mountains around New City. Let's see what we can do, and learn to say no.

Bonus Video (Glitching into the Radical Train): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMH3jfiIWqs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's back to Shadow! We've got to redeem ourselves for past failures, prove to GUN we have a high IQ, meet up with Rouge at the warehouses, take part in the car festival and so much more! We'll be exploiting poor design and glitches in some of this, and suffering from them in others! Join the party.

Part 28 (Shadow the Car): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp94Vcgtcy0

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009
During the mission near the end, you clip into the mouth of one of the graboids and I kinda thought, "Well, that looks kinda dumb, but it's just animations - guess that's not a big deal."

Then, not 5 seconds later, this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp94Vcgtcy0&t=1180s

That's you running over one of the spike balls like it was another piece of level geometry. You didn't just phase through it, you ran on top of it. There's some deeply disturbing things happening under the hood of this game's engine.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Is it possible to blow the other cars up in the car festival? You are driving a piece of military hardware, after all.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
This would've been a better Shadow car:

Much like Sonic 2006, it was a bad idea that never worked right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HexiDave posted:

During the mission near the end, you clip into the mouth of one of the graboids and I kinda thought, "Well, that looks kinda dumb, but it's just animations - guess that's not a big deal."

Then, not 5 seconds later, this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp94Vcgtcy0&t=1180s

That's you running over one of the spike balls like it was another piece of level geometry. You didn't just phase through it, you ran on top of it. There's some deeply disturbing things happening under the hood of this game's engine.

A sound effect plays as I do that so I'm not sure if a jump got canceled or what, but it is really weird.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Is it possible to blow the other cars up in the car festival? You are driving a piece of military hardware, after all.

Unfortunately you can't use weapons.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That's an F, not a T. He's called Zof.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

That's an F, not a T. He's called Zof.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

I feel genuine shame right now. I could have avoided a bad joke.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Youtube told me I should have a trailer for my channel and who am I to argue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBMiqBcWCsY

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Hee Hee, I'm out shopping with may daughter again today.
We can't agree on who is carrying the bags, so we're switching every 50 yards.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

10/10, would go out shopping with my daughter again.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:geno: Hey.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Our final radical train! Are you excited? It's got a vehicle section! We've got some great Eggman lines! We get to repeat some cutscenes! Check out just how radical a train can get. In other news I think that somehow this game might be able to glitch my recordings. Between the problems Hulkamatt and I had recording last week and what happened today with the video, somehow this game has is glitching out my LP. On top of that the vehicle sections in this game are starting to make me long for the vehicle sections in M&Ms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfU82I4M70

Part 29 (The Most Radical Train of 'em All): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btF_wSSRrSc

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I saw the ladder hulkamatt.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so here's a question. All three plots happened, right? So how many times does Eggman get on a train that gets blown up? Or is he like "Now I know trains are explody, better tie some hostages to one"? And how the hell is he taunting Sonic and Shadow at the same time while being and not being on the same train they're chasing? Schrödinger's Eggman?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Okay, so here's a question. All three plots happened, right? So how many times does Eggman get on a train that gets blown up? Or is he like "Now I know trains are explody, better tie some hostages to one"? And how the hell is he taunting Sonic and Shadow at the same time while being and not being on the same train they're chasing? Schrödinger's Eggman?

Clearly, he is using train-shaped badniks, and two of the Eggmans are doombots eggbots.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
It's very simple. There is only one train, but several parallel Radical Trains (as in the level, and not the train itself) and every iteration of this level was actually a result of Eggman's experimentation with time and space and so it all ties perfectly into the rich plot of Sonic 06, as we will see in the Final Story. :unsmigghh:

Graceful Graveler fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 8, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

BioEnchanted posted:

I saw the ladder hulkamatt.

Pausing the video at 1:18 shows it pretty clearly exists, but the real answer to HulkaMatt's question is that hedgehogs can't climb ladders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pausing the video at 1:18 shows it pretty clearly exists, but the real answer to HulkaMatt's question is that hedgehogs can't climb ladders.

As we have clearly seen by Sonic carrying Elise, anthropomorphic hedgehogs do have significant arm strength. Maybe hedgehog arms are like crocodile jaws, where the biceps are really strong but their triceps are extremely weak. With weak triceps you'd have a difficult time climbing a ladder.

• Locked thread