Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

ReindeerF posted:

That one-off episode about Isaac & Ishmael is just awful, though, and I haven't watched it since it aired I don't think. I skip it on re-watches.

Pre-9/11 went to Mandyville.

God that was terrible. "They hate us because of our freedoms." "You have it coming to you because of the way you look!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the state should pay Ebola guys family's estate after they all die for taking it on the chin for The Greater Good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I never watched it because iirc there was some unresolved cliffhanger and I wasn't about to watch some right after the fact 9.11 moral tale and also the AV Club said it was real bad.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Doctor Butts posted:

I kind of feel like people who think taxes are punishment haven't reached a stage of cognitive development that most children mature past.

I present the following gem from my box of arguments: "You know who else didn't pay taxes?" :hitler:

(Another low-effort thing to troll internet conservatives with: "As somebody well versed in economics, which column of the balance sheet usually has the higher number?")

Randler fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 2, 2014

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tibeerius posted:

Really? Last night I watched an episode where she went on the warpath over the inclusion of "marriage incentives" in a welfare bill (in exchange for 3-4 times as much in concessions from Republicans), screwing over both Josh and a good bill in the process. It was like one of D&D's scorched-earth liberals suddenly hijacked my television.

I remember thinking re-watching that episode that a bit of the bully pulpit use and a threat of a veto could have resulted in the incentives being thrown out but yeah the method there was dumb but Amy was still right to want them removed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"They hate us for out freedoms" was literally the limit of public consideration of the fact that Arabs were bombing US buildings with airplanes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Very few people were thinking clearly in the months after 9/11.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you play pc games at this point it is my duty to tell you about rimworld and how good it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZXY4fxj0Ck

you can harvest and sell people's organs. thanks and god bless (skip to 5ish minutes)

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

I was thinking clearly the morning of. After I got the office closed, I made a cell phone call, pulled out money at an ATM and paid for a What-a-burger at the drive-thru with a credit card. It all worked. Terrorists lose!

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

XyloJW posted:

God that was terrible. "They hate us because of our freedoms."
I thought that was said by one of the students, and it was rebutted by one of the characters.

quote:

"You have it coming to you because of the way you look!"
I appreciate that they had Leo apologize for it later, but it was still really bad and soured me on his character for quite a while after that (even though it wasn't "canon" or whatever).

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

if you play pc games at this point it is my duty to tell you about rimworld and how good it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZXY4fxj0Ck

you can harvest and sell people's organs. thanks and god bless (skip to 5ish minutes)
is it like dwarf fortress?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

We tortured some Folks

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Doctor Butts posted:

I kind of feel like people who think taxes are punishment haven't reached a stage of cognitive development that most children mature past.

Taxes can be quite punishing on the poor though, especially things like sales and sin taxes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

Taxes can be quite punishing on the poor though, especially things like sales and sin taxes.

When people whine about taxes being too high, they are invariably talking about income or property taxes.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

R. Mute posted:

is it like dwarf fortress?

yes

if dwarf fortress was an actual game with comprehensible mechanics and a useful interface. rimworld is deeply inspired by dwarf fortress, dungeon keeper, and jagged alliance 2. i dunno if i would even call dwarf fortress a game as much as a fantasy simulator slash emergent digital art

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

rscott posted:

Some taxes are punitive though, in that they are designed to discourage people from consuming the products that are taxed.

I meant income taxes, should have clarified.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yes

if dwarf fortress was an actual game with comprehensible mechanics and a useful interface. rimworld is deeply inspired by dwarf fortress, dungeon keeper, and jagged alliance 2. i dunno if i would even call dwarf fortress a game as much as a fantasy simulator slash emergent digital art

DF is an rear end game for dorks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

DF is an rear end game for dorks.

DF is a very bad game but it is amazing outsider art

ToadyOne is making the game he wants to make and he doesn't give a gently caress if it takes him decades or drives him bankrupt. it's totally unique and worth respect on that regard even if it's impossible to play if you aren't on the spectrum

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i tried playing dwarf fortress

once

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

oh god i have become faaq, owner of couches

Did his home ever slide into the ocean?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dwarf cancels project. Ebola.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

Dwarf cancels project: Ebola.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

zoux posted:

Wait whats that about John Lennon?

terrifyingly abusive wifebeating prick. the most ironic thing about the whole "yoko broke up the beatles": the main complaint was that yoko was constantly underfoot. yoko repeatedly wanted to stop turning up to these things where everyone visibly despised her long before but lennon would force her to come by threatening her with violence :smith:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My hate-the-Beatles trolling acquires a new moralistic flavor :twisted:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CoolCab posted:

terrifyingly abusive wifebeating prick. the most ironic thing about the whole "yoko broke up the beatles": the main complaint was that yoko was constantly underfoot. yoko repeatedly wanted to stop turning up to these things where everyone visibly despised her long before but lennon would force her to come by threatening her with violence :smith:

ugghhh, really? :(

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Brawnfire posted:

ugghhh, really? :(

yeah he was incredibly insecure at this and demanded access to her at all times for encouragement. whenever she would behave in a way she didn't like he would get physically abusive, or when he'd had to much to drink.

Lennon posted:

It is a diary form of writing. All that "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically -- any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women. That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am not violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster.

he was also pretty atrocious to his son. cycle of violence is an ugly thing :smith:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

there's a gay point and click adventure game i really want to buy but it's $15

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Badger of Basra posted:

there's a gay point and click adventure game i really want to buy but it's $15

You could always butt pirate it.

(I'm so sorry)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

You could always butt pirate it.

(I'm so sorry)

mods???

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

knew.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
What is "mods knew" in reference too? Doobie or Aatrek? Or some other forums drama I'm unaware of

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

visceril posted:

What is "mods knew" in reference too? Doobie or Aatrek? Or some other forums drama I'm unaware of

It's the second one... the mods knew Aatrek is a pedophile.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Evil Sagan posted:

It's the second one... the mods knew Aatrek is a pedophile.

Rather, the mods didn't know. They also didn't ask.

So, I'm at a conundrum. I found a link to a primary source's facebook. However, the interview with the primary source is from brietbart. Do I post the info as reputable or discard it entirely as in comes from brietbart?

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 3, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Someone in FYAD insisted he had proof the mods knew that Aatrek was a pedophile for over a year. He got banned, and then black baby goku spent hours in GBS railing against how unfair that was and how it's a conspiracy and how he should be unbanned and the truth can come out. So we unbanned him and he said "nah I made it up, good luck BBG" and bbg got banned.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
have you ever seen lowtax's birth certificate

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

XyloJW posted:

Someone in FYAD insisted he had proof the mods knew that Aatrek was a pedophile for over a year. He got banned, and then black baby goku spent hours in GBS railing against how unfair that was and how it's a conspiracy and how he should be unbanned and the truth can come out. So we unbanned him and he said "nah I made it up, good luck BBG" and bbg got banned.

Lol

Edit: I was p. Sure it was about Aatrek and that the mods "knowing" was something similar to how people whine in QCS about Zorak and other mods (louisgod I think?) that played visual novels or participated in threads about them or w/e. It being made up and the righteous fury being for nothing is much funnier

visceril fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 3, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I can assure you that at least one mod did not know.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The TV/IV mod knew, at the very least.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zoux posted:

When I started smoking a pack was 2 bucks :eng99:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=judBWBlrcaE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM