Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sky Shadowing posted:

Hmm... since one of NBA 2K's new big features is face-scanning using Kinect/PS4 Camera, I wonder if they'll incorporate that into WWE 2k15.

Here's the video for those who haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0zH4Z57mY

That's pretty impressive. Game devs tried this feature 10 years ago and it was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mayostard posted:

Looks like everything aside from the Diamond Legendary cards is available through regular picks. I just saw a guy with Legendary Miz.
Are we sure that the Diamond Legendary cards AREN'T available in this same way? I'd assumed they would be gettable, if not rarer.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Nut Bunnies posted:

That's pretty impressive. Game devs tried this feature 10 years ago and it was awful.

i loved rainbow six vegas 2 and how it would just smear a lovely photo of your face on your character

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sticklefifer posted:

I'm going to buck the trend and say you should call your big hoss Sparkle Twinkletoes, or Lenny Twilight.

Or Joey Splashwater.

Vince Russo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

John McClane posted:

I bought TEW 2013 tonight because my copy of Smash is locked in the bowels of a Gamestop for a few more hours. I know PSP has done a few LPs of it, are there any that are educational or am I better off just reading walls of text about how to set up a mod?
It's a very technical, methodical game. I'm too tired atm to provide a tutorial, but suffice to say that you should be starting with a small or regional fed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How do people have over 3k points already?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

IcePhoenix posted:

They must be ignoring their girlfriends and careers!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Fucktrain Jethro IN 3-D!!!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

IcePhoenix posted:

If they are winning 90% of 5 pt matches, that's like... 666 matches. :devil:

At 45 seconds/match, that's ~500 minutes or... 8 hours. Either they bought a metric ton of boosts and have been playing non-stop, or somebody's found an exploit.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, I guess I'm done playing SuperCard. It will only let me sign on through FB instead of GameCenter.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Steve Vader posted:

Well, I guess I'm done playing SuperCard. It will only let me sign on through FB instead of GameCenter.

I'm getting the same error too and it just started this morning.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Can anyone else not log in with Gamecenter?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just checked and it's working fine for me.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I can't log in through Game Center either. I assume it's a glitch.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Thats four people in 15 minutes here that can't. Assuming its a big problem for them then.

edit: Mine is working now.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 3, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I hope I get a dupe Epic from my current KOTR. Especially a Naomi. Epic Pro Naomi would solve most of my problems.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

John McClane posted:

I bought TEW 2013 tonight because my copy of Smash is locked in the bowels of a Gamestop for a few more hours. I know PSP has done a few LPs of it, are there any that are educational or am I better off just reading walls of text about how to set up a mod?

- Make sure the game is set to play in Administrator Mode. You should be able to do that by right clicking it and going into Properties>Advanced. If you don't do that things will get all messed up when you start moving folders around, as I well learned this week when I installed the game on a new computer and forgot to do that.

- Create a new database in the game and then quit it. Then download a database, unzip it, and take the files and use them to replace the ones in the database you created.
You can find databases at http://www.ewwarehouse.info/ or http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525274

- As said, don't make the mistake of trying to play with WWE. The demand from booking so many shows a week and dealing with so many wrestlers will very quickly overwhelm you and make it impossible to find a place to start. Start with a small/regional promotion that won't demand too much work on you and simply book for a monthly show, or at most a 1 hour weekly show.

- You could read a lot of blocks of text about the game but really its an immersion thing, I think (then again I was the kid who never read the manual with the game until I got stuck). Start it up and check out all the links and try to learn what they do and what's in them. Its very deep but I think its intuitive once you get the hang of it and figure out where things are. Play with it for awhile and when you really can't figure something out come back in here and ask.

General starter tips?
- Don't sign people to written contracts unless you have a weekly TV show or run 2 or more events a month. It will just be a waste of money and a complication. Better to keep them on open deals since it doesn't cost you anything worse than their downside if you don't use them. Alternatively if you are running 4 or 5 shows a month you want to sign as many written or cheap deals as possible because your payroll is going to be massive.

- Keep an eye on the schedules of the other companies your workers work for. You can gently caress yourself over by building up to a major match at the end of the month and then realizing one of the guys in the match is booking to wrestle in Japan that night and won't be at your show. There's a calender that will show you any scheduling conflicts you have.

- Make sure to look at and adjust your Product Settings to see what kind of product your fans are expecting. The easiest way to tank a show is to book a great wrestling show on paper that falls completely flat because your audience was expecting more promos or less intense action. It might take a little getting used to to figure out what product you want and can work with but you need to watch those key factors like "Percentage of show are Matches/Promos".

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Bhester posted:

I can't log in through Game Center either. I assume it's a glitch.

I've had to shut down and restart my iPad, and that made it work. Then it happened again, and I had to delete/reinstall the game to get it working. This is a bad time for this glitch to be happening.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah I've had to delete and reinstall the app today. Feels like there are more people playing this mode than ever. Not even broken the top 50k yet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Your hoss should be Clarence Beeftank.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I downloaded Supercard.

I don't get it.

Guess I suck.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Lord posted:

Your hoss should be Clarence Beeftank.

BEEFTANK is really short though, isn't he? He'd never make it in the WWE.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Jonny Angel posted:

BEEFTANK is really short though, isn't he? He'd never make it in the WWE.

King Butt Tang.

K-B-T! K-B-T!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

I downloaded Supercard.

I don't get it.

Guess I suck.

It is literally impossible to be unskilled at Supercard because it takes no actual skill besides "which number is larger?". Just grind for better cards, and you'll be getting Legendaries in no time.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
My KOTR let me kill two birds with one stone. I was able to get a Pro Epic AND a better left triangle!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Question: After KOTR, do you get everything in your rank or everything in your rank and below?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Question: After KOTR, do you get everything in your rank or everything in your rank and below?

No.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

So just in your rank?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

So just in your rank?

Correct, same with People's Champ events

I keep pulling dupe Super Rares (I am in Ultra Rare tier) from my picks and now I have way too many pairs to level I am getting too lucky too early on

MotU fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 4, 2014

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

MotU posted:

Correct, same with People's Champ events

I actually meant to write People's Champ at first, but thanks!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

It is literally impossible to be unskilled at Supercard because it takes no actual skill besides "which number is larger?". Just grind for better cards, and you'll be getting Legendaries in no time.

It's actually possible to be bad at Supercard. You do that by buying a single $25 card and enjoying a neverending stream of 1-2 losses.

There's also various tricks to be "better" at it, like tossing commons into your KotR bench to tank your rating.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Jonny Angel posted:

It's actually possible to be bad at Supercard. You do that by buying a single $25 card and enjoying a neverending stream of 1-2 losses.

There's also various tricks to be "better" at it, like tossing commons into your KotR bench to tank your rating.

People also spend $125 and have 5 cards that can't beat a leveled up UR card.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I re-installed EWR and I really like the way it reviews your match like the internet writers at the time. Getting a star rating for the match feels more fun than the sterile TEW way.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box posted:

i loved rainbow six vegas 2 and how it would just smear a lovely photo of your face on your character

Tony Hawk and Tiger Woods did this as well

I still can't believe how little info there is about 2K15. We're weeks away and barely know a thing.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Just realized I have a KOTR set to start the bracket at 7AM.

Ugh.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Nut Bunnies posted:

Tony Hawk and Tiger Woods did this as well

I still can't believe how little info there is about 2K15. We're weeks away and barely know a thing.

It seems like their stance is "We don't care about the PS3/360 versions to say anything or show off in game models."

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

It seems like their stance is "We don't care about the PS3/360 versions to say anything or show off in game models."

to be fair thats how most developers are with cross-gen development

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I really want to get a PS4 after reading the NXT stuff. Lets be honest how many of you will be making CAWs of yourself and telling Bill Demott to go gently caress himself?
I said in the thread about facing community creations dudes so glad it's kind of in.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The algorithm or whatever determines how many points a PCC match is worth must be messed up. I had one +3 match where the guy sent out three Commons and a Rare, and another where they sent out three Pro Legendaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

smashpro1 posted:

The algorithm or whatever determines how many points a PCC match is worth must be messed up. I had one +3 match where the guy sent out three Commons and a Rare, and another where they sent out three Pro Legendaries.

I'd say the same about the rankings, since I've lost matches and gone up in rank.