Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

I saw a post about it on Imgur and the absolute worst comments about it are the "Well maybe he consented, then it wouldn't be rape would it didn't think about that huh. :smug:" posts like, no, gently caress off, adolescents are still in the process of developing their cognitive control system, and, likely connected to that, are more sensitive to (peer or otherwise) pressure than adults. They make bad decisions. A lot. Is it really that difficult to imagine that a situation where a fully cognitively developed adult (two of them in this case) having sex with someone with diminished decision making abilities may just set off some alarm bells, regardless of whether or not he "wanted it"? Do these people not remember making a single decision as a teenager that they look back on as an adult and go "WOW, that was stupid"?

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, and then that they are authority figures this is absolutely wrong. That being said, in a lot of countries the age of consent is 16. So in those countries, if they were a 24 year old, and a 32 year old that weren't teachers, this would be totally legal. It would still be gross though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
If Slashdot (a cesspool) counts as social media, guess what the comments are like on this:

Online Creeps Inspire a Dating App That Hides Women's Pictures

Make sure to show all the comments with the slider.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

karl fungus posted:

If Slashdot (a cesspool) counts as social media, guess what the comments are like on this:

Online Creeps Inspire a Dating App That Hides Women's Pictures

Make sure to show all the comments with the slider.

I got through 3 comments :barf:

Although, scrolling to a random point, I did get to this pair of comments

quote:

What natural order? Among both our closest relatives, chimpanzees and bonobos, the females are at least as agressive in pursuing mates as the males, if often somewhat subtler in their approach. The whole "males do the pursuing" thing is probably a cultural artifact of the brief period in our species history when women were chattel. (Yes, it lasted for several thousand years - that makes it what, a few percent of the time in which we've been more or less human?)

quote:

Chattel? You mean, that for 2,000 years, in general society, women were just bought and sold like a farmer trades cows, or riders trade horses?

I honestly can't tell if he's agreeing with the first post or entirely unaware of any kind of human history?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Goosed it. posted:

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, and then that they are authority figures this is absolutely wrong. That being said, in a lot of countries the age of consent is 16. So in those countries, if they were a 24 year old, and a 32 year old that weren't teachers, this would be totally legal. It would still be gross though.

I wasn't saying adults and adolescents having sex is always strictly illegal, just giving a scientific backing to why so many people consider it totally gross and weird as a counterargument to the theoretical idiot reading this thread after posting about how the kid in the news story was totally asking for it so stop worrying.

I tell you that theoretical idiot was so theoretically blown away by my argument he was theoretically literally bowled out of his theoretical chair. I sure theoretically showed him.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Lblitzer posted:

Dammit Gamersgate just keeps getting really dumber.

So two high school teachers had a threesome with a 16 year old student and were arrested for it. I didn't even have to guess this time what the comments were going to be like. Public comment section so screw making them anonymous.

They were kinda hot and Louisiana's age of consent is 17 or something similarly ridiculous

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
These are the teachers:

I remember when those kind of stories would break here in the UK and even when I was in school, the general opinion would be that the (male) kid is a legend. The age of consent here is 16. Although strangely, sexual predator teacher stories that I've seen always seem to be cases where female teachers are attractive, male teachers tend to look much creepier. It's obviously wrong to take advantage of that kid, but I can't imagine it would've been too hard to coerece a hormonal 16 year old boy to have a threesome with two attractive women.

With all that being said, I always assumed that the general consensus was that guys are pretty gross to older women until they hit around 20. You'll hear plenty of older male creepers talk about how hot they find teenage girls, but I never hear creepy older women talk about how much they're turned on by teenage guys.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Yeah the kid sure is a legend rape victim.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Question Mark Mound posted:

With all that being said, I always assumed that the general consensus was that guys are pretty gross to older women until they hit around 20. You'll hear plenty of older male creepers talk about how hot they find teenage girls, but I never hear creepy older women talk about how much they're turned on by teenage guys.
Hell, teenage guys were gross to me even when I was a teenager myself, and I always thought that guys didn't start getting attractive until around their mid-twenties. Luckily there were no abusive authority figures around me to take advantage of that.

The difference between what older male creeps and older women creeps talk about is probably related to the fact that even outside creeper circles, women's sexual worth is generally tied to their physical attractiveness, which in turn is equated with youth - it's okay for them to be stupid and inexperienced and passive, because their tight body's what counts the most. With men it's more the opposite, experience is sexy. I think that skews the numbers. Or maybe the female creeps attracted to teenage boys are just less vocal about it.

Regardless of gender, I think adults who are attracted to teenagers are egotripping on being with someone who doesn't know better and is impressed by the stupidest poo poo. It's hella gross.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
South Park had a pretty good episode about it.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Beartaco posted:

South Park had a pretty... nice episode about it.

FTFY

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Question Mark Mound posted:

These are the teachers:

Would

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Ratjaculation posted:

Yeah the kid sure is a legend rape victim.

Oh yeah, poor 17 year old, all having willful threesomes with hot teachers, I can't imagine how much therapy he'll need

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.
nice, nice.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Oh yeah, poor 17 year old, all having willful threesomes with hot teachers, I can't imagine how much therapy he'll need

Statutory rape is fine as long as the rapist is attractive :downs:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It is

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Probably shouldn't try to argue with people who still think like dumb horny teenagers.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
I joined the group Cop Block on Facebook. It's about filming cops and trying to hold them accountable for the poo poo that they do. Also Bill O'Reilly hates them and wants to take them down. It has the most diverse people. Didn't edit any names. This is a public page and all those profiles are public.

Also Imgur counts as social media right?

It was taken down before I could get the rest of the comments. The guy tried hard to defend himself from the rest of imgur laughing at him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
First rule of teaching: don't gently caress your students.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DemeaninDemon posted:

First rule of teaching: don't gently caress your students.

My family would not exist if this rule were actually followed. Half the people in my family have ended up marrying one of their students.

Mostly college students, but still.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

My family would not exist if this rule were actually followed. Half the people in my family have ended up marrying one of their students.

See that's a lot more acceptable and not as creepy compared to a teacher having sex with someone barely old enough to drive and at the prime for laughing at fart jokes.

cage-free egghead has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Oct 3, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lblitzer posted:

See that's a lot more acceptable and not as creepy compared to a teacher having sex with someone barely old enough to drive and at the prime for laughing at fart jokes.

You let people drive before you let them have sex?

And they can drink alcohol when? hosed up country imo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lblitzer posted:

I was mostly pointing out that he should have included high school in there somewhere.

Tho I am sure some goon would have taken that to mean grade schoolers are acceptabe :aatrek:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

They can have sex with each other, just not with adults.

This isn't social media but I'm not sure where else to post Sporcle being racist. Who let this slide?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

RFC2324 posted:

If the people in your family started relationships with students while they were teaching them that would still be kinda hosed up. But at least then there's just the abuse of authority issue, rather than that plus the mental maturity issue.

Hopefully it still turned out alright.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

RFC2324 posted:

I was mostly pointing out that he should have included high school in there somewhere.

Tho I am sure some goon would have taken that to mean grade schoolers are acceptabe :aatrek:

No it goes for college too. The student-teacher relationship should not involve loving.

Now consensually loving a former student is perfectly fine and should be encouraged.

See the difference?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

sassassin posted:

Look, you can have a moral debate about this for the rest of eternity about what constitutes rape but most will say that it's wrong for two adults to have sex with a minor, nevermind that it's your own grade school student.

I'm just wondering when the whole "America is dumb for not letting children drink beer" thing will stop, as if that's a huge problem this country really needs to be focusing on. Hell, most adults shouldn't be drinking alcohol.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

And nothing of value would have been lost.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lblitzer posted:

Look, you can have a moral debate about this for the rest of eternity about what constitutes rape but most will say that it's wrong for two adults to have sex with a minor, nevermind that it's your own grade school student.

I'm just wondering when the whole "America is dumb for not letting children drink beer" thing will stop, as if that's a huge problem this country really needs to be focusing on. Hell, most adults shouldn't be drinking alcohol.

The land of the free.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

IamnotJoe posted:

Also Imgur counts as social media right?

It was taken down before I could get the rest of the comments. The guy tried hard to defend himself from the rest of imgur laughing at him.

I'm surprised Imgur went against the guy considering shittalking against Anita Sarkeesian was front page forever.

edit: I like looking at pictures of cats okay.

Peanut President has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Oct 3, 2014

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lblitzer posted:

I don't know if this is regional but where I'm from "grade school" refers to elementary, primary, kindergarten through 5th grade type schools. We generally frown on having sex with those kids.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Statutory rape is a bullshit term, and you know it.

E: and before someone twists my words to make me look bad, it would be a good term if it wouldn't include the word "rape" to take away agency from people who can be tried as adults.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

E: and before someone twists my words to make me look bad, it would be a good term if it wouldn't include the word "rape" to take away agency from people who can be tried as adults.

Listen, we already know you watch anime.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

:munch:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's sex that's non-consensual based on a technicality. Sounds accurate to me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I bet you're also the type of person that gets mad when people say 'pedophile' when what they really mean is 'ephobophile'.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yeah I can totally see why this is a post you would make and hit submit on

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Who What Now posted:

I bet you're also the type of person that gets mad when people say 'pedophile' when what they really mean is 'ephobophile'.
Tbh ephebophiles are just people who were unlucky enough to be born in the holy empire of the us and a

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tbh ephebophiles are just people who were unlucky enough to be born in the holy empire of the us and a

Dude, stop now. Seriously.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

This will surely end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yes, why can't the ultra-fascist USA leave the poor pedos ephebos alone like the enlightened nations of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Somalia?

• Locked thread