Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

This right here. Stop trying to do adventure mode before finishing Legend Mode, people.

That's silly. There's a ton of adventure mode stuff you can do. Just realize that if something is difficult or being stubborn about unlocking, you should stop throwing yourself at it and progress in legend mode.

I wanted to space out legend mode and it was a lot of fun bouncing back and forth between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

That's silly. There's a ton of adventure mode stuff you can do. Just realize that if something is difficult or being stubborn about unlocking, you should stop throwing yourself at it and progress in legend mode.

I wanted to space out legend mode and it was a lot of fun bouncing back and forth between the two.

Today I did this to get Zant's level 3 weapon. He is now the second highest level among my warriors. :suicide:

insaine
Aug 29, 2006
Just added a bunch of Ids from this thread for that link battle goodness. My NNID is u8abs feel free to add.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mayheim posted:

Today I did this to get Zant's level 3 weapon. He is now the second highest level among my warriors. :suicide:

Another good reason to alternate between the two is that Legend mode is incredibly relaxing in comparison :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Shadowlyger posted:

This right here. Stop trying to do adventure mode before finishing Legend Mode, people.

You're not my mom! <:mad:>

If I'd waited until I finished story mode to do any adventure mode, I wouldn't have Impa's Naginata yet, and that would be a drat shame because I love that weapon.

Not to mention RUTO. And also the ball and chain.

But fine fine. Point taken. I'll go blow through some story mode missions.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Zant owns so hard, I wish I unlocked him earlier. :stare:

And now, Smash *does sheik fade*

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
The only thing I didn't like about Zant is that I felt like I am losing a lot of time to his weakpoint/special attack animations.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
What if you're done with Legend mode but the stuff you have to do in Adventure is kicking your rear end?

I just beat my head against the one in the upper right where you have to kill Gohma, Argorok, and the Imprisoned in 10 minutes (the first two I have down to a science with Ganondorf, but how the gently caress do you avoid taking damage against the Imprisoned), and then the one where you unlock Zelda's level 2 baton, wherein Volga AND Wizzro AND three Shield Moblins AND three Gibdos all immediately rushed my base where there was a ridiculous melee until Wizzro's stupidly powerful energy balls got me.

My everything hurts.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just did the Zelda mission where you unlock the Wind Waker. I'm glad all you needed was a bronze because holy poo poo, Shiek, Ruto, and about a half dozen captains and 50 mooks decided to all attack my keep at once, and even though I was in there killing them as fast as I could, only a sliver of health remained.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Twilight Princess character got revealed

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like going into Adventure Mode every once in awhile. I can't A-rank almost anything, but I did unlock the gauntlets and Ruto.

I finished all the levels at the three-way split and I'm still hovering at around level 25, though. Hoping I can find a way to grind out some quick experience before it gets ahead of me.

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
I wish there was a button to send network links away, I don't really want to do a level 80 missions for a bronze material item.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

I unlocked the rewards map from the legends mode illustrations and took my lvl 13 Ganondorf in. That was... intense. He was lvl 27 when I finished. :shepface:

Also, I believe there is a noise Zelda makes during her combos that sounds exactly like the noise my dog makes when he's dreaming. I was playing late at night with him sleeping on the couch next to me, and I kept taking off my headphones to see if it was the game or him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aperture Priority posted:

I unlocked the rewards map from the legends mode illustrations and took my lvl 13 Ganondorf in. That was... intense. He was lvl 27 when I finished. :shepface:

Also, I believe there is a noise Zelda makes during her combos that sounds exactly like the noise my dog makes when he's dreaming. I was playing late at night with him sleeping on the couch next to me, and I kept taking off my headphones to see if it was the game or him.

I keep mistaking Midna's dash wolf disappearing as the low hearts sound. That messed with me for a good while until I figured out what was actually causing it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Any news on when Cia and voldemort (I can never remember Generic Brooding Dragon Knight's name) are coming out in the west? They're still going to be a free patch like in JP, right? I was so disappointed to find out that Cia wasn't a playable character.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Twilight Princess character got revealed

Oh my. Whats going on there, did Darunia just happen to get whacked so that it looks like hes riding the wolf for the pic? Or did somebody find a way to swap movesets on characters who don't have multiple weapon types? :aaa:

edit: I think there still isn't any news on the free update, could drop the same day as Master Quest. That wouldn't bother me too much, by then everybody is gonna be beefy and I'm gonna want to go about getting her unlockable weapons.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 3, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, Midna is rude when she's the enemy you need to leave alone in the quiz maps. All of her attacks take up so much space that you can't consistently attack the other one and you just keep eating damage.

vvvv Volga is cool, gently caress you! <:mad:>

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 3, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

PureRok posted:

Any news on when Cia and voldemort (I can never remember Generic Brooding Dragon Knight's name) are coming out in the west? They're still going to be a free patch like in JP, right? I was so disappointed to find out that Cia wasn't a playable character.

Cia, along with Wizzro the bullet hell boss and Volga the world's dullest dragon knight come out as free DLC on the 16th.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mayheim posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Zant is that I felt like I am losing a lot of time to his weakpoint/special attack animations.

It feels to me like his Weak Point Smash misses a lot of the time. I know it can't, but it just doesn't do very much.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Rirse posted:

Man I can't beat the Adventure Map where you have to play as Fi and fight the Imprison and his two kids. One hit from his stomp knocks 1/4 of your HP out, and Fi barely does decent damage to him.

That was really challenging, especially because it was my second time playing Fi. Even with my potions and cutting grass for healing, I got reduced to 1/4 hearts left. I managed to clear it by throwing bombs at the toes, which actually builds your super-attack gauge. Bomb until you've charged up, then run in and hit them all at once. Still took a while, but it's hard to get hit once you've taken out the little ones.

Bombs seem deceptively useful in a lot of fights, but they're great when your character's regular attacks are underpowered.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

avoraciopoctules posted:

That was really challenging, especially because it was my second time playing Fi. Even with my potions and cutting grass for healing, I got reduced to 1/4 hearts left. I managed to clear it by throwing bombs at the toes, which actually builds your super-attack gauge. Bomb until you've charged up, then run in and hit them all at once. Still took a while, but it's hard to get hit once you've taken out the little ones.

Bombs seem deceptively useful in a lot of fights, but they're great when your character's regular attacks are underpowered.

A lot of Fi's attacks have a wide range of affect, so you can easily knock out a foot with a single combo. I still almost died though, because when the imprisoned gets to low health his shockwaves from walking increase in size dramatically, so it was really tough to get the timing right to actually hit him.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sheik is really good at killing the imprisoned because her song of storms can damage his toes with little effort

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
My NNID is clamknuckle. Please add me, I have no friends.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Sheik is really good at killing the imprisoned because her song of storms can damage his toes with little effort

Actually, Sheik is really good at killing the Imprisoned because her special kills all the toes instantly and her Light combo takes out half of its weak point bar, after which you can run to a safe distance and cast Prelude of Light, recharge your special and immediately knock it down again the moment it becomes vulnerable.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

Taear posted:

There's only one challenge map isn't there? I only have one anyway.
Go into adventure mode. Select a level. Look at the blue bar by the bottom. Sometimes it says "Challenge Battle" and sometimes it says "Adventure Battle".

In "Adventure Battles", the time limit to get an A rank is 15 minutes. In "Challenge Battles", it's not.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

LordHippoman posted:

Cia, along with Wizzro the bullet hell boss and Volga the world's dullest dragon knight come out as free DLC on the 16th.

Is this both Europe and US?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Wild Knight posted:

What if you're done with Legend mode but the stuff you have to do in Adventure is kicking your rear end?

Go through legend mode again to get all the skulltulas, heart pieces, etc. Even if you got all the ones you could the first time, the hard mode skulltulas don't unlock until you've beaten the mode once.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Not to mention getting Skulltulas imporves your Potion and adds more mixes to the shop, so you can game weapon drops and skills and try to get more of the good skills like the VS ones.

Seriously, weapon skills can make a world of difference. Having a couple of weapons built towards certain problem characters like Zant and whoever else gives you pain really helps. VS skills + Element used + A few strengths for your favorite combo enders can make you a killing machine.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 3, 2014

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mayheim posted:

I wish there was a button to send network links away, I don't really want to do a level 80 missions for a bronze material item.

Has anyone conclusively proved that the level of the network link makes a difference? The network link levels are harder than normal levels (it tells you so) but like I said up thread I've done some level 99 ones at level 20 and it was harder than a normal level but not level 99 hard.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This is cute, when you complete every map square once;

Still got Lana's Gate Lv3 to do, then go round A-Ranking everything with the appropriate people.

In between Smash games, of course.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Obviously this is just my experience, but my link was level 30 and went to a level 64 one and his spin attack was doing ~33% damage to mooks but then did a level 16 one and it was normal (spin attack kills everything ever). The high level one was in the original spots and the low level one was in the ones unlocked by the skyward sword branch.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Fi last night. She sure sucks poo poo as a character but owns bones as a fighter.

CHARGE UP AND SPIN FOREVER

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Having just finished using the Summoning Gate, here's some tips if anyone cares;

Use Argorok all the time. Use the X move, if it's not Argorok dodge-cancel it and try again. If you're trying to clear crowds of mooks use Gohma's combo if she pops up. Argorok chews through captain HP meters like nothing. Just follow them with the fire stream while you're riding him and finish up with a blast (there's no on screen meter for this)

Don't bother trying to pull out a combo to deplete weak point gauges, just run up and hit X on them. It'll do a good third of the bar, and if you get Gohma it's an instant smash, not sure about the others but Argorok tends to miss.

If you're spamming X on a boss and you get Manhandla, and it's unblocked (the boss is in the cloud and taking damage) follow it up with YYYYX to have Argorok really ruin them. The Manhandla cloud slows down enemies to the point where they won't block the Argorok combo, and it does a good chunk of damage.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Ya'll weren't lying about the Tier 3 Ball and Chain mission. It's a royal pain in the rear end with all those poe's flying about interupting me every five seconds. Got done with it first time through with well over the kill rank, 18 minute time, and over 12k damage taken...so many mooks dieing and giving me their hearts made me ignore the fact i was actually taking damage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mayheim posted:

Do a few other missions. I had a level 99 Link I didn't want to deal with, I did some other tiles instead and he went away.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Should I try to play as all the characters, or will I have enough rupees to boost the ones I don't like playing as when I inevitably need to play as them for a mission?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
What does Sheik's water shield do? And for that matter, I figured prelude of light was a damage over time field dropped on the ground but I'm not 100% on that, either.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Metrohunter posted:

What does Sheik's water shield do?

Makes you invincible. Go hog wild.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am actually going through such Hyrule Warriors withdrawal that I am scouring the Internet for an Adventure Mode playthrough so that I can fill in a list of all of the rewards in the stupid spreadsheet that I made earlier. They all seem to be engineered just to find weapons, but I'm after those heart pieces, heart containers and skulltulae too.

Between this game and Smash, I am going to have to find a time machine and take the consoles back to college when I have appropriate gaming time or something.

• Locked thread