Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Radio! posted:

I'm curious how they're going to manage regular communication with Katrina to begin with if her magic is really as weak/gone as she said. She certainly doesn't have a cell phone and it's not like they can attack the cottage every time they need a meeting.

The Cranes came from the age of the most successful spy ring in history, and Katrina's being guarded by a man-thing from that same age, too moonstruck to spot anything that's not happening right in front of his eyes. They'll work it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

DivisionPost posted:

too moonstruck to spot anything that's not happening right in front of his eyes.

Hey, don't headshame. :colbert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

DivisionPost posted:

The Cranes came from the age of the most successful spy ring in history, and Katrina's being guarded by a man-thing from that same age, too moonstruck to spot anything that's not happening right in front of his eyes. They'll work it out.

Man, AMC's Turn sounds awesome!

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Oh stupid Irving, when are you going to learn that there's no such thing as free shrimp? :ohdear:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Halloween isn't falling on a Monday this year of course, but I really hope for a Halloween episode at the end of the month. I know this show is basically Halloween stuff through and through, but gotta imagine what their take on the holiday is like if they're able to base an episode around it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

People complimenting Bram on his sweet headless costume while Ichabod picks apart random costumes and how children are no longer religiously terrified of literally everything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

According to John Noble on the Sleepycast, the plotline with Henry being Irving's lawyer is going to have a hell of a payoff about halfway through the season.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Captain Irving, reluctant demonic temp :haw:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I can see it happening. It's not hard to imagine Parrish taking the tact of "You signed the contract in blood of your own free will. Hold to it or your soul is forfeit - and so are the lives of your wife and child. But if you keep faith with my lord Moloch, he will heal and restore your child." The carrot/stick approach usually works with a tasty enough carrot combined with a painful enough stick.

I wondering if making/becoming monsters is going to be the theme of the season. While some people think Captain Reyes belongs to Moloch, I think she's going to be a monster on the good guys' side, like Dexter or Jack Bauer. The question with will be: How much necessary evil will she choose to do before she lapses into unnecessary evil?

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Robot Hobo posted:

Of course, Ben Franklin died a century before H.P. Lovecraft was born, so Ben couldn't have actually been quoting Lovecraft at all. Either Lovecraft took those lines from Franklin, or they both got it elsewhere and the Necronomicon is probably in play.

Not that I wouldn't love the Necronomicon to show up but this show really isn't very Lovecraftian, there's no real "good vs evil" theme in Lovecraft's work, it's all about the hopelessness of resisting terrifying cosmic powers. They could throw in Unaussprechlichen Kulten or De Vermis Mysteriis though, that would be cool.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Croisquessein posted:

Not that I wouldn't love the Necronomicon to show up but this show really isn't very Lovecraftian, there's no real "good vs evil" theme in Lovecraft's work, it's all about the hopelessness of resisting terrifying cosmic powers. They could throw in Unaussprechlichen Kulten or De Vermis Mysteriis though, that would be cool.

I imagine its nothing more than an easter egg

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

johntfs posted:

I can see it happening. It's not hard to imagine Parrish taking the tact of "You signed the contract in blood of your own free will. Hold to it or your soul is forfeit - and so are the lives of your wife and child. But if you keep faith with my lord Moloch, he will heal and restore your child." The carrot/stick approach usually works with a tasty enough carrot combined with a painful enough stick.

I wondering if making/becoming monsters is going to be the theme of the season. While some people think Captain Reyes belongs to Moloch, I think she's going to be a monster on the good guys' side, like Dexter or Jack Bauer. The question with will be: How much necessary evil will she choose to do before she lapses into unnecessary evil?

Oh yeah that could be the way that he becomes the third horseman. I loved how in the finale how War went from kindly old man to complete rear end in a top hat. It was seeing Walter and Walternate in one person.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jscolon2.0 posted:

Voted new thread title.

Funny as the line was, do you not think it's a bad idea to put spoilers for brand new episodes in the thread title? I know it's not breaking the East Coast rule, but those of us not watching live should at least be able to avoid spoilers by not reading the thread until we have.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Jedit posted:

Funny as the line was, do you not think it's a bad idea to put spoilers for brand new episodes in the thread title? I know it's not breaking the East Coast rule, but those of us not watching live should at least be able to avoid spoilers by not reading the thread until we have.

I think someone in the thread came up with "Franklinstein" before they said it in the show. So no one knew it was a spoiler at first.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hollylolly posted:

I think someone in the thread came up with "Franklinstein" before they said it in the show. So no one knew it was a spoiler at first.

Yes, they did, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. They're still obviously talking about the show having a monster like Frankenstein's made by Ben Franklin, or they wouldn't have thought of it.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Jedit posted:

Yes, they did, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. They're still obviously talking about the show having a monster like Frankenstein's made by Ben Franklin, or they wouldn't have thought of it.

Oh, yeah, I suppose that's true. :kiddo:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

hangedman1984 posted:

I imagine its nothing more than an easter egg
If it was any other show, I'd be sure that it was. It probably is...

But we just had the headless horseman fighting his own drat head (which had been stored in a safe deposit box between seasons) that had been stuck to the top of a Franklinstein's monster who was reanimated by witch magic after more than two centuries of being preserved in a battery-powered crypt under a police station, who needed incantations about the Old Ones to awaken from death. All started and (for now) finished within the space of a single episode because nothing here was crazy enough by their standards to warrant a two-parter.

I'm never saying "never" with this show.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 3, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Jedit posted:

To make amends, we can mix in some fake ones like Paul Revverewolf

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

jscolon2.0 posted:

John Draculadams

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

John Draculadams

James Mummadison

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Zombie George Washington-... oh, wait. :v:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Authors of the United States Necronomiconstitution.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Radio! posted:

Followed closely by the Bill of Wights.

E: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created* equal..."

*By Benjamin Franklin

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 3, 2014

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

But we wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the heroic efforts of Zombie Washington and Lafayeti at Valley Forge.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
William Henry Harry & the Hendersons.

And possibly James Monrobot.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

How dare you all forget John Hancockatrice.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Radio! posted:

But we wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the heroic efforts of Zombie Washington...
Zombie Washington was in Season 1. That already happened.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Radio! posted:

Mr. Fowl posted:

James Monrobot.

Gonna be so mad when these don't happen.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Are we suuuure this won't turn out to be true though?

As for spoiling the Franklinstein, it was revealed in the promo for the episode, so I don't think it really counts as a spoiler

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hangedman1984 posted:

Are we suuuure this won't turn out to be true though?

As for spoiling the Franklinstein, it was revealed in the promo for the episode, so I don't think it really counts as a spoiler

The TV IV rules explicitly state that you need to spoiler tag things in previews.

So: Sleepy Hollow S2: What next - Nathan's Halo?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thread titles for several threads are changed weekly if the OP asks or if a mod so chooses based on a line or plot development in the show. These changes usually occur a couple hours or a day at most, and sometimes minutes, after the conclusion of the episode. That's the way it's been done for a long while now. I'm sorry something was spoiled for you but the only thing I can say is maybe don't visit the forum if you're that bothered by spoilers? I mean we're not going to be able to work these things around everyone's viewing habits. The rule is that if something has aired in the Eastern time zone it's fair game. That includes in the thread or the title. Title changes especially are usually done while the episode is fresh in people's minds.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Jedit posted:

The TV IV rules explicitly state that you need to spoiler tag things in previews.

So: Sleepy Hollow S2: What next - Nathan's Halo?

Except this is a moot point. The episode containing franklinstines monster has already aired, and we don't spoiler stuff that has already aired.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Except this is a moot point. The episode containing franklinstines monster has already aired, and we don't spoiler stuff that has already aired.

Not spoiling stuff in the thread is very different from not spoiling stuff in the title. Expecting people to avoid the thread before they watch the episode is fair, expecting then to avoid the whole forum, and often their User Control Panel, is (IMO) not.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
At least with a show like this where they pull all kinds of crazy poo poo out of their rear end, if I were spoiled by the thread title I would have no idea what the context behind it is. All it would do for me is make me want to get to watching the episode as soon as humanly possible.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Jingleheimer posted:

At least with a show like this where they pull all kinds of crazy poo poo out of their rear end, if I were spoiled by the thread title I would have no idea what the context behind it is. All it would do for me is make me want to get to watching the episode as soon as humanly possible.
Also, most of the spoilers you could give are going to look like crazy made-up bullshit trolling anyway, until the very moment it actually happens in the episode and goes from "obviously a joke" to "oh, that is actually happening" with no steps in-between. Sleepy Hollow is special that way.

Seriously, Franklinstein's monster? Who was going to fall for that?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Robot Hobo posted:

I would've 100% assumed that was an absurd joke if I hadn't seen the episode.

Part of me hopes they find some way to incorporate Civil War-era mythology into the show. Warlock Lincoln vs. demonic familiar Robert E. Lee. John Wilkes Booth in an apocalypse cult. And Harper's Ferry? John Brown was freeing slaves while also stealing Pestilence's Secret Amulet.

Crane was asleep, but Katrina consulted on the whole thing from Purgatory. With the help of reformed-vampire Alexander Hamilton, who faked his death in a duel with Aaron Burr to conceal his vampiric nature.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If Alexander Hamilton somehow became a regular on this show I would die from happiness.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If George Hamilton became a regular on this show, tanning lotion sales would soar nationwide.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Hamilton is Famine, due to being killed by Aaron Burr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

Also, most of the spoilers you could give are going to look like crazy made-up bullshit trolling anyway, until the very moment it actually happens in the episode and goes from "obviously a joke" to "oh, that is actually happening" with no steps in-between. Sleepy Hollow is special that way.

After 15 episodes of this show, which has given us everything from decapitated 18th century soldiers wielding assault rifles to Ben Franklin in the nude, I would believe literally anything.

• Locked thread