Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Fair Hallion posted:

Also, may I share with you: Devin Townsend’s new "Ziltoid" baritone Flying V from Warwick/Framus.

It has a built in fog machine. A FOG MACHINE

would

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i probably wouldn't be so down for it if it wasn't explicitly a ziltoid axe

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Fair Hallion posted:

aw, lookit this thing - it's cute. I could maybe buy one for my kid.

JESUS loving CHRIST IT COSTS HOW MUCH

Hahahaha, holy poo poo! Move the decimal point one place to the left

Fair Hallion posted:

Also, may I share with you: Devin Townsend’s new "Ziltoid" baritone Flying V from Warwick/Framus.

Needs an LED fretboard, maybe a nightrider light show.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Flying Vs seem a bit awkward to play, I guess it's fine if you're standing but sitting would be a nightmare, do people think they look cool?

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Not played one myself but heard they're great for left knee classical style when sitting and have amazing access to the high frets.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

sout posted:

Flying Vs seem a bit awkward to play, I guess it's fine if you're standing but sitting would be a nightmare, do people think they look cool?

Impractical to play is metal!!!!

Verizian posted:

Not played one myself but heard they're great for left knee classical style when sitting and have amazing access to the high frets.

Errr... I guess some of the smaller V body-types could work classical style, the standard V would be a bit weird though. Ovation Breadwinner/Deacon's are probably the best guitars to play sitting down, they look kinda goofy though. I'll get around to making one eventually.

On a related note if anyone wants to have a go at building their own guitars and/or wants some plans send me a PM or post your email in the thread. I've been looking through an old hard drive and found a shitload of plans I downloaded, I've got pretty much everything.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

White Dog Eggs posted:

b-but it's made from an old pine gate - surely one of the finest rarest tonewoods on earth

Breadwinners are v.cool in a goofy way; they are the ergonomic keyboard of the guitar world?

Eastwood Guitars were taking pre-orders for their version of a Breadwinner a while back but Ovation (or Fender who own them these days) soon put a stop to that. Maybe someday there might be a Fender/Squier Breadwinner...

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fair Hallion posted:

b-but it's made from an old pine gate - surely one of the finest rarest tonewoods on earth

Breadwinners are v.cool in a goofy way; they are the ergonomic keyboard of the guitar world?

Eastwood Guitars were taking pre-orders for their version of a Breadwinner a while back but Ovation (or Fender who own them these days) soon put a stop to that. Maybe someday there might be a Fender/Squier Breadwinner...

The Eastwood ones did get into shops (I saw a couple in a Liverpool shop), so they at least had a limited UK release of some sort. I believe they only had standard wiring though, the originals had a wacky active system that sounds pretty sweet when it's engaged.

One guitar I'm gutted Eastwood stopped making was the Gemini, just look at this loving thing.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Musicman pretty much has that covered in the "Albert Lee"

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
spalt guitars always have those pickups made out of rocks or some poo poo actually its bone??

http://www.spaltinstruments.com/bonetop-pickups/

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

sout posted:

As long as you dont have one where the put the input jack in the dumbest place it isn't that hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0l1y0Vpm90

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

White Dog Eggs posted:

The Eastwood ones did get into shops (I saw a couple in a Liverpool shop), so they at least had a limited UK release of some sort. I believe they only had standard wiring though, the originals had a wacky active system that sounds pretty sweet when it's engaged.

One guitar I'm gutted Eastwood stopped making was the Gemini, just look at this loving thing.

Ah, I wonder how many they shipped out before the lawyers stepped in! It's mentioned briefly as a 'deleted product' on the Eastwood site, not even a pic.

That Gemini looks straight out of a Ren & Stimpy cartoon. (this is good )

Oh, and a Flying V sitting down?
http://www.flyingvleatheracc.com/flying-v-leg-rest.html

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
For you guys asking for the TONEZ knobs and plates, I've uploaded the STLs to Shapeways, so you can go ahead and order them in a shitload of colors/materials, or download the STL files to print yourself if you have access to a 3D printer.

I set the prices to the nearest dollar above base material costs (think of it as tipping me!), but if you wanna be cheap just download the models and re-up them yourself.

Enjoy!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/TONEZ

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

JohnnySmitch posted:

For you guys asking for the TONEZ knobs and plates, I've uploaded the STLs to Shapeways, so you can go ahead and order them in a shitload of colors/materials, or download the STL files to print yourself if you have access to a 3D printer.

I set the prices to the nearest dollar above base material costs (think of it as tipping me!), but if you wanna be cheap just download the models and re-up them yourself.

Enjoy!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/TONEZ

This is a beautiful thing.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

White Dog Eggs posted:

According to the web page, it's "dripping with beautiful tone". Have you ever built a guitar that had a dripping problem?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

tacodaemon posted:

According to the web page, it's "dripping with beautiful tone". Have you ever built a guitar that had a dripping problem?

hahaha 'so we needed to buy a new gate and didn't know what to do with the old one and said gently caress IT we ain't wastin' no good wood, here you go, six grand, limited edition, whatever"

i do kind of like it though i admit... :ohdear:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Is that a pee'ezo pickup?

I'm sorry.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dewgy posted:

hahaha 'so we needed to buy a new gate and didn't know what to do with the old one and said gently caress IT we ain't wastin' no good wood, here you go, six grand, limited edition, whatever"

i do kind of like it though i admit... :ohdear:

basically spalt guitars are regular wood with weird poo poo stuck with resin to the front. just about all of them are like that.

tbh id kind of want to do something like that

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Verizian posted:

Is that a pee'ezo pickup?

I'm sorry.

It doesn't have a whack-off bar.

We are terrible.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've got an artist friend working on a decal for the GBScaster. It's a dumb idea that involves Cthulu and Slenderman as iostream.h requested, so dumb that my friends decided to do it for free, so this should be fun.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unlawfulsoup posted:

It doesn't have a whack-off bar.

We are terrible.

While we're on the subject, don't you guys think the goontar will be hard to keep in troon?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Just install a handle from a nintendo gamecube

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Available now @ hellomusic.com:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

JohnnySmitch posted:

I can't hate on it too much. Hawaiian themed lap steel makes sense.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

JohnnySmitch posted:

Oh man now I can play a duet with the blue lagoon guy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Fair Hallion posted:

built in fog machine is funny and cool, i dont care.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

shiksa posted:

built in fog machine is funny and cool, i dont care.

Yeah, that's meant to be a ridiculous stage prop guitar.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

So I'm trying to decide if this is a good idea or not - i have some leftover 3/4" bamboo plywood from a furniture project, and I kinda wanna use it to make a guitar body. I always wanted an LP doublecut, and the wood is super heavy and dense, so I was thinking of routing out some chambers, gluing two layers together and making a semihollow. Here's a quick photoshop of what it might look like:

Thoughts?

JohnnySmitch fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 5, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
excellent idea, very excellent

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Looks pretty awesome to me.
I'd probably put 3 P90s in there though.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd put a single dog-ear P90 and a Baby Grand Bridge on it, but then again I want many things.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Take pictures of you chopping carrots on it, and post to TGP, claiming it still has tone for days.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That JEM77FP sounded pretty drat good on "Tin Pan Alley." The young man even played it better than most SRV Blues Dads play it. Not great, but not so bad, either.
The guitar sounded great, even though it's not a Stratocaster.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Dr. Faustus posted:

That JEM77FP sounded pretty drat good on "Tin Pan Alley." The young man even played it better than most SRV Blues Dads play it. Not great, but not so bad, either.
The guitar sounded great, even though it's not a Stratocaster.

I love the term blues dad and hope that one day there are numetal dads and dubstep dads

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm on my way to becoming a Flamenco dad.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dirt posted:

I'm on my way to becoming a Flamenco dad.
The coolest Dad.

Have you enjoyed the Sardine thread? You might like it. I do.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Quickscope420dad posted:

I love the term blues dad and hope that one day there are numetal dads and dubstep dads

Nu-metal dads exist but generally they don't have custody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

comes along bort posted:

Nu-metal dads exist but generally they don't have custody.
Too many gang/white supremacist tattoos.

• Locked thread